AppleIntelE1000e.kext for 10.8/10.7/10.6/10.5

hnak

751 posts in this topic

As some others have mentioned, I'm using this driver, but my computer is unable to negotiate any form of connection. It detects cable connected, but will not perform DHCP negotation, or work with manual IP. Doing an nvram -c fixes it for the next boot, but the driver can fail even while booted. I am using a GA-H87N-Wifi with Clover bootload and 10.9 GM.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked Debug builds with WireShark and found that check sum calculation is sometimes not requested by system when the packet is UDP.

A really strange behavior change...

When UDP hardware tx-check sum is enabled in 10.8.5:

*IP (or UDP) csum becomes corrupted when UDP payload size > 64.

*The length of ip packet length becomes strange ( not constant ), too.

It seems I need to check the 10.8.5 xnu source when it becomes available.

Apple released the 10.8.5 & 10.9 source code today.

So, not sure if this is the right place to post, but.....I have a Gigabyte Z77-UP5, with the Intel NIC chip, device id = 0x8086 (looks to be an Intel 82579v chip) , running Apple 1000e kext version 2.17.

No luck getting an IP address with DCHP, no luck after assigning a manual IP address, speed, duplex, etc.  In my hackintosh, it can ping itself (if I manually assign an IP), but nothing else.

Any thoughts out there?  

This is the right place to post.

I am curious, do you know the device ID for your LAN as well? I cannot seem to find in the documentation what the LAN chipset is. 

Search Google for DPCIManager if you need an easy way to find this out

So, not sure if this is the right place to post, but.....I have a Gigabyte Z77-UP5, with the Intel NIC chip, device id = 0x8086 (looks to be an Intel 82579v chip) , running Apple 1000e kext version 2.17.

No luck getting an IP address with DCHP, no luck after assigning a manual IP address, speed, duplex, etc.  In my hackintosh, it can ping itself (if I manually assign an IP), but nothing else.

Any thoughts out there?  

Does the NIC show up correctly in System Information > Ethernet Cards?

Have you changed any settings in the BIOS related to the NIC?

Hi,

I'm also having this issue.

Network hangs when copying large files, or large number of small ones.

I have an Gigabyte Z87N-Wifi

I can not use the one from my old system becase the integrated nic was a realtek....

I was trying to find an old release of this driver, (2.4.14 seems good) but unfortunatly i can't.

Can anyone help me finding this kext?

Thanks

I was running 2.4.14 fine under 10.8, but after upgrading to 10.9, the ethernet breaks after about 1 day of uptime. The system begins flooding the LAN with packets, causing collisions and saturating my gig-e hub. I just upgraded to 2.5.4d, hope that works better.

When the ethernet is malfunctioning, the display is also unresponsive so I can't really debug it further.

It's time for a positive post in this thread I think. :)

I'm still happily using 2.5.4 here, now on a fresh 10.9 install.

This is an 82579V (firmware updated) on the Asus P8PZ77-V Pro, booting Windows and OS X in legacy mode.

My ISP provided 3G modem/router is 100Mbit only. 

Type:    Ethernet Controller
  Bus:    PCI
  Vendor ID:    0x8086
  Device ID:    0x1503
  Subsystem Vendor ID:    0x1043
  Subsystem ID:    0x849c
  Revision ID:    0x0004
  BSD name:    en0
  Kext name:    AppleIntelE1000e.kext
  Version:    2.5.4

The only hiccup I've had with this driver so far was a few versions back when auto-negotiation didn't work.

Thanks hnak!!

• Like 1

Hi,

I use an Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter. I more or less accidentally installed v2.5.4d from the bad M****beast with Maverick. I had massive problems copying data from an usb 3 drive to a network drive, first thinking it was the usb 3, but identified then it was the network connection, although did not see any hint in the logs. I deleted the kext and used another method that worked before: patching the id in the Intel82574L.kext Info.plist to find the 10D3 ID.

Just wanted to let you know there could be an issue. Sorry that I found nothing else in the logs to help you finding out what exactly happens. The system just kind of froze, Finder had definitely some issue. Did not see anything in console before I had to press reset.

BR, Karlson. 

hy

because of 3 months frustration.

I'm asking you if you can do this test for me about (probably or not) limit of that card

are you using twitter app. or twittdeck app. or email apple app?

because none of them is working for me.

tls/ssl/connection problem

the problem is filled in the syslog. but the problem is not shown in any apple forum or other forum!

and I reinstalled mac osx.. without any best news.

no way to connect to network in certain case.

before killink my balls.. I prefer to know if the problem is (or not) the lan card

bye

You know, for those getting extremely frustrated or having too many issues with the driver, there is always the USB solution:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1ZZ0ZG0384

Something to consider if having gigabit ethernet and transporting so much data is important to you. (Note, USB 2.0 is not as fast as Gigabit Ethernet, you should use USB 3.0)

I don't have one, don't need one, but it might be of help for some folks around for $20.

• Like 1

Karlson post #412 tells something I was facing too.

I had network problems for a long time. I always used APpleIntelE1000e.kext for several Intel Based Nics. I had always problems while copying large files to SMB shares (Error -36). I wiresharked this on my Windows2012 server and It showed massive malformed frames. I disabled the internal NIC and put in an intel Gigabit CT adapter. Type 8086:10d3 and modified the original kext win the plugins folder from IONetworkPlatform \ intel 82574L kext. I add this ID and removed the secondary IO match. After that al problems are over.  Performance throughput @99.9% of bandwidth and sustained for hours. 

I don't want to make a statement that the whole AppleIntelE1000E kext is wrong but somehow it didn't function well together with SMB shares. 

Guys if you plan to swap the NIC's and buy a intel CT adapter keep in mind that there is chance you @fu*&^%^ck up iMessage | Appstore | iCloud because somehow it doesn't correct good when you replace the card. Even deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist in L\E\Preferences didn't help. I had to reinstall to get the network running as it should.

• Like 1

Perhaps this would help the developers to figure what is going on with the driver if they can debug it.

I just installed a fresh Mavericks hackintosh in a GA-Z87-D3HP (153B) and tried to run Migration Assistant on both an iMac late 2009 and this new hackintosh.

The assistant simply would get stuck at "Checking iMac..." message, with some intermittent "Makesu re both computers are I the same network" popping.

Whatever OS X was trying to do, 2.5.4d would not be able to work with it. I tried sitting there and waiting for about 15 minutes, and nothing. They kept trying to negotiate without success, even though both computers could see each other properly and internet seemed to work fine.

I then removed 2.5.4d and replaced it with 2.4.14. Migration Assistant could jump right after that screen and is right now finishing transferring my 650gb of data.

I don't know how to debug or help in any way, but if someone wants me to test something, just let me know.

DCPIManager says:

From PCI List in DCPIManger:

8086, 1503, 1458, E000, Intel Corporation, 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

From "Status" in DCPIManager:

AppleIntelE1000e, en0

From System Report, yes it shows up...

Yes, it does.....and no, I have not changed anything in the bios related to the nic.....

Type: Ethernet Controller

Bus: PCI

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x1503

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1458

Subsystem ID: 0xe000

Revision ID: 0x0004

BSD name: en0

Kext name: AppleIntelE1000e.kext

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext

Version: 2.1.7

Strange

Do you boot with caches? 

Try it with NoCaches

Likewise try the reverse

Sure....happy too!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Set UseKernelCache to no

Fireup terminal, type "sudo nvram -c" then reboot

Try that

Hi,

have here same problem. My System works fin with MacOs 10.8.5

With 10.9 have here the problem to copy great files on a netwotk share.

This copy process freeze the System. I test the parameter:

Set UseKernelCache to no

Fireup terminal, type "sudo nvram -c" then reboot

but same problem.

Install is the last driver for intel 1000e ethernet driver.2.5.4d

Here my cameleon settings: (the UseKernalCache is here Yes but  No resolved not the Problem:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>darkwake=0</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>"2560x1440x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I found on the another forum the driver 2.5.4c resolved this bug but i found not this kext driver......

My Board here is a Gigabyte-Z77X-UP5 with a i7 Processor and 32GB Memeory.

My Board here is a Gigabyte-Z77X-UP5 with a i7 Processor and 32GB Memeory.

Use driver version 2.4.14 for the UP5 TH board. It is well documented that driver 2.5.x is not working properly on this board (and many others). 2.4.14 is stable and works fine for now. I have this board and have experienced the issue with 2.5.x first hand. I have reverted to 2.4.14 and have no more problems.

g\

So, where did you get this driver version?  SourceForge?  I see only lists of the 1000e kexts with dates, doesn't list versions.  Do you possibly have a date from the version you are using?

Where can you get driver version 2.4.14, and how can I identify it?  Is this an Apple 1000e kext?  And where do you tell the version?  Because I am looking in system info, and perhaps that's not the right place?

You can identify by clicking on file and than cmd + i

here is version 2.4.14:

AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip

post-1151561-0-98466800-1383595349_thumb.png

Thanks for the Version 2.4.14 but the problem is not fixed.

Same here with the 2.4.14....copy a 150gb File to my network an the copy process dies at 20-25gb.....

Have here another System with same hardware on 10.8.5. Here works the network card correct with 2.5.4d and 2.4.14.....

Problem Macos 10.9 ???