67 replies to this topic

kerr

kerr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

/me asking if the CPU injection patch made it in

Where is that quote from? I don't see anything in the docs.

I'm using CPUInjector.kext by DigitalDJ and I'd like to get rid of it now that Chameleon has it built in. But I don't see anywhere how to use it?

SMcputype key in smbios.plist like in PCEFI?

What i did for Core i7 is just specify SMBusType in smbios. CPU became Quad Core Xeon automatically.

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

What i did for Core i7 is just specify SMBusType in smbios.

SMBusType? Did you have to look through the source code to find that?

I tried with SMcputype = 0103 (Core 2 Duo) in smbios.plist already, and get 'Unknown' in about this mac.

Going to try SMBusType now.. it seems very illogical, both the capital B, T and "bus type", since I'm not specifying a bus type.

/EDIT

SMbustype 0103 works, thank you!

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
So, is the SMcputype key incorrect?
Should it be SMBusType, instead of SMcputype?
;)

MAJ

Prasys

Prasys

Cheese Cheese cheese

• Retired Developers
  • 338 posts
The ID for i7 are out anyway. So , it can be done generally , wait till 10.6.3 . Then i7/i5 users can change the CPUID to match of an i7/i5 !

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

So, is the SMcputype key incorrect?
Should it be SMBusType, instead of SMcputype?
:(

MAJ

LOL

Yes, you need to change your kext now that the great Voodoo team has laid down the law. :D

/Edit

Just realized that I mistook you for Digital_DJ.

SMbustype it is.

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
Bah. Them voodoo laws! Playing tricks on us again! ;)

MAJ

plipli

plipli

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
hello, i'm using Chameleon RC1 and I want to update, so should I just replace the files in /Volumes/Cham/standalone/i386/ by the files in the i386 directory that I have downloaded ? or should I do something else ? how to restore my cham partition if it fails ? is there any problem with the nvidia 7300GT ? (I am actually using 10.6.1 kexts with a 10.6.2 system)

Thank you !

asadev

asadev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Also like to add that RC4 seems to be very buggy on a X48-DS5.

Ive had many programs constantly crash on me and kernel panic when opening itunes.

Just sticking with RC3 for the time being.

Regards

firefox-bin

firefox-bin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
The link doesn't work, takes me back to the "donate" page. I'm a student right now, will surely donate once I have a job!

caiowa

caiowa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Take the link under the DONATE button.

Dont forget to donate, when you have found a job :-)

caiowa

firefox-bin

firefox-bin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Take the link under the DONATE button.

Dont forget to donate, when you have found a job :-)

caiowa

I did follow the link, it only takes me back to the 'Donate' page. Thinking that might be an issue with the browser (firefox on linux) I also tried:
wget <link to Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684-bin.tar.gz>
but that only fetches the html page. So something's definitely wrong with the link.

Also, can someone point me to directions as to which of the files in Chameleon need to be dd into the Leopard 10.5.8 install partition (call it Macintosh).

I have a working 10.5.8 install that is booted via grub and PC EFI v10.1. I'm doing some disk swaps, replacing old IDE disks with a new 1 TiB SATA one, so I want to make sure that Macintosh is bootable. I'll be doing this from linux so can't use the package installer.

Thanks again!

caiowa

caiowa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Attached you can find the actual version RC4. I loaded it just now from the developer side.

regards
caiowa

Attached Files

firefox-bin

firefox-bin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Attached you can find the actual version RC4. I loaded it just now from the developer side.

regards
caiowa

Thanks!! I'll look at the README to see if that answers my questions about a manual install via dd. Will post if I have questions...

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
Does the Chameleon team not build an normal install app which does all with normal GUI ?!
No problem if only needed to update the boot file - but what when you need to install it on an blank HD ?!

caiowa

caiowa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
No.
You get it only unofficial by Dr.Hurt:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=201850

caiowa

eject

eject

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Does the Chameleon team not build an normal install app which does all with normal GUI ?!
No problem if only needed to update the boot file - but what when you need to install it on an blank HD ?!

3 very simple commands is all you need, an installer would only make sense to me if it was able to set some things up in the boot.plist simply by checkboxes. thats the harder part

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
[quote name='eject' date='Jan 6 2010, 03:17 PM' post='1378084']
3 very simple commands is all you need, ..../quote]

I dont think dd and fdisk commands are simple - they can be dangerous for newbies !
Also newbies can be wrong with the /dev/rdiskxyz names !

eject

eject

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

diskutil list gives the information needed, an exampel for the synthax is given in the manual that comes with the bootloader. sure it's not as simple as an installer but it's not that hard compared with the synthax needed in the boot plist wich is not so well documented. i would be in favour for a installer that comes with more options. and no, i don't know how to make one myself

kmare

kmare

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Is anyone still running a dual boot 10.5/10.6 setup?

when I boot 10.6 Chameleon will load /Extra/Extensions and /Extra/10.6/Extensions
when I boot 10.5 Chameleon will only load /Extra/Extensions but ignore /Extra/10.5/Extensions

I've tried w/mkexts and w/out mkext and the behavior remains the same. Seems the only fix is to move my kexts into /S/L/E

anyideas?

cloud03

cloud03

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I dont think dd and fdisk commands are simple - they can be dangerous for newbies !

I'm 100% agree with this....although I'm not a newbie, and I've run diskutil list before I installed chameleon manually, diskutil can gives a wrong information sometimes. In my case I'm certain that my SL are listed as disk1s2 at that moment(although it was usually disk0s2 before), but when I'm applying chameleon boot sector to it, it broke my data storage drive, luckily it was fixable using chkdsk under windows, cause ntfs have a backup of the boot sector, but it was scary when it happened first, and I try to not rush into things that might actually worsened the condition..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy