Chameleon 2 RC4

scwhar

68 posts in this topic

I only copy the new boot to / and remove the old ... but now i have a problem:

i had corrected the UUID with PlatformUUID.kext (i took from Everest/DMI in Windows), but now Chameleon 2.0 RC4 override the value with wrong data, so how i can inject the correct data ?

i believe we all have the same hardware UUID in system profiler which is "DF557FA2-C304-556B-A442-960AB835CB5D", i know it's cosmetic but i like to know if this can be corrected w/o the use of platformuuid.kext?

still great release, thanks to the chameleon team!

i believe we all have the same hardware UUID in system profiler which is "DF557FA2-C304-556B-A442-960AB835CB5D", i know it's cosmetic but i like to know if this can be corrected w/o the use of platformuuid.kext?

still great release, thanks to the chameleon team!

I don't know if what I'm about to say makes any sense but here I go.

Is it possible to add a mechanism to Chameleon to make it read the ethernet MAC address and using it as a UUID? (Like on real Macs).

I don't know if what I'm about to say makes any sense but here I go.

Is it possible to add a mechanism to Chameleon to make it read the ethernet MAC address and using it as a UUID? (Like on real Macs).

then sombody need to write network drivers for many nics, for chameleon. anyone is willing ?

I'd love to try it, but I'm stuck with BootThink, as there is never a new installer for Chameleon. Yes I know I can use the installer of rc2 and then change things manually; but the installer doesn't work at my place, and I don't trust those for rc3. I s it really so difficult to issue an official installer? (It's a great project and I'm thankfull it exists; it's just really frustrating not to be able to use it. And yes I did donate)

I'd love to try it, but I'm stuck with BootThink, as there is never a new installer for Chameleon. Yes I know I can use the installer of rc2 and then change things manually; but the installer doesn't work at my place, and I don't trust those for rc3. I s it really so difficult to issue an official installer? (It's a great project and I'm thankfull it exists; it's just really frustrating not to be able to use it. And yes I did donate)

The RC3 installer works great for me. Unfortunately most of their target audience has figured out how to access their EFI partition, so an installer likely isn't a big priority. Since "upgrading" just involves copying a boot file over an older one, your only real issue is mounting the EFI partition. As long as it's on your main hd (disk0s1) and formatted HFS, feel free to use my little EFI mount/unmount tools attached. Very helpful timesaver so I don't have to remember command lines ;)

EFI_Mounter.zip

The RC3 installer works great for me. Unfortunately most of their target audience has figured out how to access their EFI partition, so an installer likely isn't a big priority. Since "upgrading" just involves copying a boot file over an older one, your only real issue is mounting the EFI partition. As long as it's on your main hd (disk0s1) and formatted HFS, feel free to use my little EFI mount/unmount tools attached. Very helpful timesaver so I don't have to remember command lines ;)

Thanx :), very handy application

hmm, doesn't work for my Core i7 - KPs right after "PCI Device in SLOT-1". It's the video card. Had to revert to PC EFI 10.5...

Im getting the same thing. Tried PciRoot 1 and still wouldnt boot DVI or VGA

system is an i5 750 on a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 with an ATI 4550 by Sapphire

/me asking if the CPU injection patch made it in

Yes it did.

Quote: "Added DigitalDJ’s SMBIOS CPU detection patch"

Where is that quote from? I don't see anything in the docs.

I'm using CPUInjector.kext by DigitalDJ and I'd like to get rid of it now that Chameleon has it built in. But I don't see anywhere how to use it?

SMcputype key in smbios.plist like in PCEFI?

I'm using CPUInjector.kext by DigitalDJ and I'd like to get rid of it now that Chameleon has it built in. But I don't see anywhere how to use it?

from here: oops! THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to".. WT? it's in chameleon osx86 hu site and since i cant link it here's a quote instead.

Here is a quick Changelog highlight:

Fixed booting the default partition when using timeout. Added Intel Core i5 detection.

Applied rivig's patch against all stage 1 loaders. Now linear address mapping uses 12 bit offsets. Added DigitalDJ's SMBIOS CPU detection patch. Applied IntVar's system-id patch. Applied hnak's read_lba register saving patch. Added radekg's HFS filesystem fix to handle 2GB+ file sizes. Backported ATI device injection EFI64 tables and hibernation fix from netkas PC_EFI. Thanks and credits goes for them!

What i did for Core i7 is just specify SMBusType in smbios. CPU became Quad Core Xeon automatically.

What i did for Core i7 is just specify SMBusType in smbios.

SMBusType? Did you have to look through the source code to find that?

I tried with SMcputype = 0103 (Core 2 Duo) in smbios.plist already, and get 'Unknown' in about this mac.

Going to try SMBusType now.. it seems very illogical, both the capital B, T and "bus type", since I'm not specifying a bus type.

/EDIT

SMbustype 0103 works, thank you!

So, is the SMcputype key incorrect?

Should it be SMBusType, instead of SMcputype?

:(

MAJ

LOL

Yes, you need to change your kext now that the great Voodoo team has laid down the law. :D

/Edit

Just realized that I mistook you for Digital_DJ.

SMbustype it is.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, i'm using Chameleon RC1 and I want to update, so should I just replace the files in /Volumes/Cham/standalone/i386/ by the files in the i386 directory that I have downloaded ? or should I do something else ? how to restore my cham partition if it fails ? is there any problem with the nvidia 7300GT ? (I am actually using 10.6.1 kexts with a 10.6.2 system)

Thank you !