• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

I tried it and it works great as expected. My favorite new feature is the IntVar patch which means WE NO LONGER NEED PlatformUUID.kext anymore. YES, one more kext thrown away :)

I also updated my old installer with the RC4 to ease the installation process.
http://www.insanelym...p...=201850&hl=

IntVar patch?
Would you elaborate on this feature a bit more or direct me to some info?
I'd like to know how this UUID is created and if it remains the same for the same hardware.

MAJ

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Hi,

I already tried PciRoot=1 and it was still the same. I'm pretty sure that my PciRoot is 0 though.

Since EFI string is still working, I'll stick to it for now. I'm just reporting my experience with GraphicsEnabler :)

You don't happen to have anything graphics related in your DSDT do you? Also, remove old cruft from files like: com.apple.Boot.plist and wherever you put the device properties – read EFI strings – into!

IntVar patch?
Would you elaborate on this feature a bit more or direct me to some info?
I'd like to know how this UUID is created and if it remains the same for the same hardware.

MAJ

Let me help you. Look here :D

All Gigabyte users that report GraphicsEnabler option not working did remember to add this into com.apple.Boot.plist ?

<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>

Because for me that option works just fine.

Eh. There's a patch for it. They didn't incorporate the PCI bus number patch? I mean it's in the freaking DSDT!

Andrew+

Andrew+

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Eh. There's a patch for it. They didn't incorporate the PCI bus number patch? I mean it's in the freaking DSDT!

Where the patch? im a gigabyte MB or is it just GPU?

thanks

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Where the patch? im a gigabyte MB or is it just GPU?

thanks

Search and Google are two great features. Explore them next time :D Thank you.

-> http://netkas.org/?cat=5

Konami®

Konami®

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 956 posts
For the first time it recognizes the memory slots in system profile but with the wrong speed in 10.5.8, but at least is a great improvement over RC3 and PC-EFI 10.5 :thumbsup_anim:

Attached Files

sk1nhead

sk1nhead

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

I only copy the new boot to / and remove the old ... but now i have a problem:
i had corrected the UUID with PlatformUUID.kext (i took from Everest/DMI in Windows), but now Chameleon 2.0 RC4 override the value with wrong data, so how i can inject the correct data ?

i believe we all have the same hardware UUID in system profiler which is "DF557FA2-C304-556B-A442-960AB835CB5D", i know it's cosmetic but i like to know if this can be corrected w/o the use of platformuuid.kext?

still great release, thanks to the chameleon team!

teateam

teateam

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
add 'system-id' key to com.apple.Boot.plist with your system-id.
P.S. UUID = SHA1(system-id)

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.

i believe we all have the same hardware UUID in system profiler which is "DF557FA2-C304-556B-A442-960AB835CB5D", i know it's cosmetic but i like to know if this can be corrected w/o the use of platformuuid.kext?

still great release, thanks to the chameleon team!

I don't know if what I'm about to say makes any sense but here I go.
Is it possible to add a mechanism to Chameleon to make it read the ethernet MAC address and using it as a UUID? (Like on real Macs).

netkas

netkas

InsanelyMac Legend

• Developers
  • 616 posts

I don't know if what I'm about to say makes any sense but here I go.
Is it possible to add a mechanism to Chameleon to make it read the ethernet MAC address and using it as a UUID? (Like on real Macs).

then sombody need to write network drivers for many nics, for chameleon. anyone is willing ?

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.

then sombody need to write network drivers for many nics, for chameleon. anyone is willing ?

Ouch!!
Thats definitely not worth it. LOL

Thanks anyway Netkas

keypox

keypox

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
so we have to use strings with this? Video via dsdt has problems or no?

Everything appears to be fine here. Limited testing though.

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

add 'system-id' key to com.apple.Boot.plist with your system-id.
P.S. UUID = SHA1(system-id)

Doesn't work. :(

pirloui

pirloui

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
I'd love to try it, but I'm stuck with BootThink, as there is never a new installer for Chameleon. Yes I know I can use the installer of rc2 and then change things manually; but the installer doesn't work at my place, and I don't trust those for rc3. I s it really so difficult to issue an official installer? (It's a great project and I'm thankfull it exists; it's just really frustrating not to be able to use it. And yes I did donate)

CharredPC

CharredPC

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

I'd love to try it, but I'm stuck with BootThink, as there is never a new installer for Chameleon. Yes I know I can use the installer of rc2 and then change things manually; but the installer doesn't work at my place, and I don't trust those for rc3. I s it really so difficult to issue an official installer? (It's a great project and I'm thankfull it exists; it's just really frustrating not to be able to use it. And yes I did donate)

The RC3 installer works great for me. Unfortunately most of their target audience has figured out how to access their EFI partition, so an installer likely isn't a big priority. Since "upgrading" just involves copying a boot file over an older one, your only real issue is mounting the EFI partition. As long as it's on your main hd (disk0s1) and formatted HFS, feel free to use my little EFI mount/unmount tools attached. Very helpful timesaver so I don't have to remember command lines ;)

Attached Files

rednous

rednous

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:graphic design, mac, progressive and house

The RC3 installer works great for me. Unfortunately most of their target audience has figured out how to access their EFI partition, so an installer likely isn't a big priority. Since "upgrading" just involves copying a boot file over an older one, your only real issue is mounting the EFI partition. As long as it's on your main hd (disk0s1) and formatted HFS, feel free to use my little EFI mount/unmount tools attached. Very helpful timesaver so I don't have to remember command lines ;)

Thanx :), very handy application

exseven

exseven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

hmm, doesn't work for my Core i7 - KPs right after "PCI Device in SLOT-1". It's the video card. Had to revert to PC EFI 10.5...

Im getting the same thing. Tried PciRoot 1 and still wouldnt boot DVI or VGA

system is an i5 750 on a Gigabyte P55M-UD2 with an ATI 4550 by Sapphire

OmnipotentIdiot

OmnipotentIdiot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
would this work with the ATI 5770 or 5790 cards?

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
/me asking if the CPU injection patch made it in

Yes it did.

Quote: "Added DigitalDJ€™s SMBIOS CPU detection patch"

Where is that quote from? I don't see anything in the docs.

I'm using CPUInjector.kext by DigitalDJ and I'd like to get rid of it now that Chameleon has it built in. But I don't see anywhere how to use it?

SMcputype key in smbios.plist like in PCEFI?

sk1nhead

sk1nhead

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

/me asking if the CPU injection patch made it in

Where is that quote from? I don't see anything in the docs.

I'm using CPUInjector.kext by DigitalDJ and I'd like to get rid of it now that Chameleon has it built in. But I don't see anywhere how to use it?

SMcputype key in smbios.plist like in PCEFI?

from here: oops! THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to".. WT? it's in chameleon osx86 hu site and since i cant link it here's a quote instead.

Here is a quick Changelog highlight:

Fixed booting the default partition when using timeout. Added Intel Core i5 detection.
Applied rivig's patch against all stage 1 loaders. Now linear address mapping uses 12 bit offsets. Added DigitalDJ's SMBIOS CPU detection patch. Applied IntVar's system-id patch. Applied hnak's read_lba register saving patch. Added radekg's HFS filesystem fix to handle 2GB+ file sizes. Backported ATI device injection EFI64 tables and hibernation fix from netkas PC_EFI. Thanks and credits goes for them!

Cathul

Cathul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

would this work with the ATI 5770 or 5790 cards?

No, as there probably aren't any drivers for these cards in OSX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy