Asus P5E DSDT fixes

oldnapalm

300 posts in this topic

10.6.8 seems to have fixed some sleep issues with mine that 10.6.7 had introduced. I had to use sleepenabler in 10.6.7 to make it wake from sleep but everything works now (still haven't figured out why). Not sure why you're having issues though.

There is an IOUSBFamily.kext mod that fixes some sleep issues. You might want to try it out. I used an older version of this mod on 10.5 to fix my sleep issues before I made my own DSDT. It might be of use to you.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=239311

10.6.8 seems to have fixed some sleep issues with mine that 10.6.7 had introduced. I had to use sleepenabler in 10.6.7 to make it wake from sleep but everything works now (still haven't figured out why). Not sure why you're having issues though.

There is an IOUSBFamily.kext mod that fixes some sleep issues. You might want to try it out. I used an older version of this mod on 10.5 to fix my sleep issues before I made my own DSDT. It might be of use to you.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=239311

thx for the tip.

I think I will restart again with just

1.chameleon and generated dsdt, no extra kext and see how this works it not then:

2.chameleon and custmade dsdt, no extra kext

ok apperently the old usb stick has the same issue with resume. Strangely enough the first time I try to resume it does work. after that it stops working..

after couple of tries the screen only shows about 1/10 of the normal size. screen not readable but do see the mouse move but can't click no any thing../..

Starting to thing it's hardware related...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Oldnapalm

I've just got this little HP/OEM Asus board (1P18L-LB) running really well with DSDT help from MaLdOn.

The only problem is that either SL or Lion only sees the built in LSI Firewire 10% of the time.

Win 7 sees it all the time so the board is OK.

Occasionally I boot the machine and it shows up in profiler but most of the time it's just not showing.

When it is there, it works fine with a plug N play Apogee audio interface.

Any idea how I could get it showing 100% of the time?

This is my first ASUS experience!

LSI Firewire chipsets have been used in macbooks so I'm surprised it's not there every time on this board.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone having trouble with no vga after 10.7.2 update? i have an nvidia 9800GTX+ and all i get is a blank screen after the verbose screen.

EDIT: got it to work, had to remove my GFX0 DSDT entry. But now the driver is not working at full capacity, it is super laggy and there are obvious graphical glitches. idk what to do.

EDIT2: seems i was ignorant and did not have graphicsenabler toggled on. all works perfect now.

• 4 months later...

Since this does seem to be the P5E thread, is anyone else having trouble with the Marvell 88E056 causing the system to hang after running a while?

I have my box set up to switch between OSX and Windows 7. After running Windows 7 for a while (Skyrim addiction), I came back to OS X, but after running for a day or two my system became completely unresponsive. When I rebooted it would hang towards the end of verbose boot before the graphics started (When I got my system working again, I noticed that it was hanging right where it currently sets up the NIC).

After stumbling around a lot, I was able to boot up again after removing the LegacyAppleYukon2.kext from E/E, but then I didn't have networking. Whenever I tried to sudo kextutil LegacyAppleYukon2.kext or AppleYukon2Injector.kext, my computer would instantly freeze. Finally, I unplugged my computer for a while, which I'm guessing cleared out some RAM on the NIC. After I plugged back in and rebooted, I was able to load the AppleYukon2 injector, and I put it back in E/E and everything is working fine.

Thanks for any help/advice!

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here :)

Thanks for this great DSDT guide :thumbsup_anim: .

I've successfully patched my DSDT for my P5E motherboard and my system now can sleep and wake from sleep. It was a horror when my sister use my hackintosh and put the system into sleep mode and all the data on hard disk corrupt because not properly unmounted..

Anyway I would like to share my patched DSDT.aml for 8GB RAM support DSDT.AML.zip. This Patch based on pre-edited DSDT.aml files for 4Gb system on first post.

It works under Lion 10.7.3

• 1 month later...

A little off topic, but can you guys help with my P5E 10.7.3 install? I'm trying to use MyHack 3.0

Maybe I have a bios setting wrong somewhere...? Do CPU alias's need to be in a dsdt for a Q9450 or something? It seems like I'm getting a cpu panic but not sure. I had 10.6.6 working fine with a modified DSDT which is attached. Looks like I have one error?

Do I need an smbios.plist?

• 3 weeks later...

Sleep no longer works after 10.7.4 update (also in 10.8 DP3), anyone else with this problem on Asus P5E? Computer goes to sleep, but when I try to wake it up (power button or USB), fans turn on, HD turns on, but video and keyboard stay off.

Sleep always worked fine since Leopard, until 10.7.3.

Looks like the problem is with AppleACPIPlatform.kext, using previous version it works fine.

Using "-v debug=0xff" in boot flags I see these ACPI errors, don't know if they are related to the problem

vlcsnap-2012-05-21-15h33m47s74.png

[_PSS] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the problem is with AppleACPIPlatform.kext, using previous version it works fine.

Using "-v debug=0xff" in boot flags I see these ACPI errors, don't know if they are related to the problem

post-3038-0-66022400-1337627692_thumb.png

[_PSS] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

Was that after you replaced AppleACPIPlatform or before?

Also, has anyone had any experience with Mountain Lion? Looks like it will be going Gold Master next month, kind of want to learn some more about it before I install it.

Was that after you replaced AppleACPIPlatform or before?

Before.

Also, has anyone had any experience with Mountain Lion? Looks like it will be going Gold Master next month, kind of want to learn some more about it before I install it.

I just installed DP4, the only problem is with sleep, same as 10.7.4.

• 1 month later...

Before.

I just installed DP4, the only problem is with sleep, same as 10.7.4.

I have a P5E Deluxe flashed to Rampage Formula and I'm experiencing the same thing on 10.8 GM. It goes to sleep fine but wakes up without video output. That 'no signal' message is driving me crazy :blink:

Will this thread cover 10.8 Mountain Lion as well ?

Most likely but people will need to post updates.

I've had the same sleep problems with 10.7.4 so I reverted back to 10.7.3 for now. In the process of installing 10.8 on a different partition just to try it out but won't be able to use it as primary until someone finds a solution to the sleep issue. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I upgraded to 10.8 from 10.6 and now have issues with sleep and power on. After I shut down the machine or it goes to sleep for a while I cannot turn it on again, the power button is dead. I have to unplug the power cable for 30 seconds and then I can power it on again. I assume this has to do with the cmos reset or something. I have injected the ###### cmos kext but it doesnt change anything.

Anyone else have this issue ?

I upgraded to 10.8 from 10.6 and now have issues with sleep and power on. After I shut down the machine or it goes to sleep for a while I cannot turn it on again, the power button is dead. I have to unplug the power cable for 30 seconds and then I can power it on again. I assume this has to do with the cmos reset or something. I have injected the ###### cmos kext but it doesnt change anything.

Anyone else have this issue ?

I have exactly the same issue as you do.

• 2 weeks later...

oldnapalm has said quite a few times using the 10.7.3 AppleACPIPlatform.kext on 10.7.4 and 10.8 will fix sleep.

Thanks. That kext from 10.7.3 didn't work for me.

But the patched kext, version 1.5 from ###multi###beast 5.0.2 worked!