Asus P5E DSDT fixes

oldnapalm

300 posts in this topic

did anyone solve this in the meantime ? tried the 10.8 sleepenabler kext today. its going to sleep but not waking up anymore, have to unplug power...

I am currently using from ###### 5.0.2:

I used ###### 5.0.2 with

ElliotforcelegacyRTC

fakesmc

nullcpupowermanagement

appleacpiplatform rollback

applertc patch for cmos

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/downloads/list

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. That kext from 10.7.3 didn't work for me.

But the patched kext, version 1.5 from ###multi###beast 5.0.2 worked!

Over the v1.5 AppleACPIPlaform.kext I used in 10.8.0, I installed combo 10.8.2, and it works.

Removed AppleHDA.kext, and that's it.

But sleep capability is gone now.

What I have in Extensions, that are not vanilla are:

AD1988b.Fix.kext

AppleACPIPlatform.kext (v1.5 from **multi**beast and 10.8.2 installed over it)

FakeSMC.kext

VoodooHDA.kext(combined with AD1988b.Fix.kext, onboard sound works)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry for noobz questions.

I first time will install 10.7/5 from usb stick on my hardware.

Samsung 1Tb with GPT (AHCI in bios)

ASUS p5e + DDR2-1066 8Gz

ATI 5770

NEC 720200 Usb3 contoroller.

Please say me ay tricks and ideas for working hackintosh, :help:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

About the wake problem, in fact it works but very slowly. On my ASUS P5E3 Premium I have to wait several minutes for wake to finish and then everything is fine. See https://github.com/t...intosh/issues/1

tanguy_k

Following your comment in that link,

• Using AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (version 1.5) works

Inside ###multi###beast you should check AppleACPIPlatform Rollback/10.6.8 Rollback for ASUS X58 System

Sleep is back again for my 10.8.2.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried 10.8.3 on the P5E? Tried a few times to upgrade from 10.8.2 like I normally upgrade but 10.8.3 wouldn't boot. Tried booting with -f and -x. I was going to try a fresh install and see unless someone knows of a possible solution. I forgot during which step it panics if I boot verbose but I can post the boot process once I get home.

TIA

• 3 months later...

Has anyone tried 10.8.3 on the P5E? Tried a few times to upgrade from 10.8.2 like I normally upgrade but 10.8.3 wouldn't boot. Tried booting with -f and -x. I was going to try a fresh install and see unless someone knows of a possible solution. I forgot during which step it panics if I boot verbose but I can post the boot process once I get home.

TIA

Updated from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4.

Crashed when I booted on 10.8.4 at the first boot.

Replaced

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (version 1.5)

Deleted AppleHDA because I use VoodooHDA

These 2 steps made 10.8.4 to successfully boot.

rktr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Question for you P5E owners… do I need to be using RealtekR1000SL.kext? or just LegacyAppleYukon2.kext?

Somewhere along the years of running my P5E hackintosh I ended up with both in my E/E folder. I don't recall where or why I got RealtekR1000SL, it's not for this motherboard is it? or dose it serve other LAN functionality? 

do I need to be using RealtekR1000SL.kext? or just LegacyAppleYukon2.kext?

for Yukon Net Card you can use AppleYukon2Injector.kext or edit info.plist in AppleYukon2.kext to match device id

for Realtek I use official update for 10.7 from Realtek.com.tw

Here is a working AppleHDA for P5E working in 10.8-10.9 (Thanks to vondroid). Drop it in S/L/E, repair permissions (I used Mavericks Disk Utility) and trash or rebuild you kext cache -f on boot.

My version is here. It works OK in 10.9, Attention: LayOut is 1 not 12

AppleHDA.kext.zip

AppleYukon2Injector.kext.zip

@Rodion2010, thanks will give them a try.

I guess my question was… what is the Realtek kext for if this MB uses Marvel Yukon?

Sorry, My version of MB is P5E3 Premium. It has TWO network cards. so I upload both kexts I used. If You have another revision of MB - use one of them

Sorry, My version of MB is P5E3 Premium. It has TWO network cards. so I upload both kexts I used. If You have another revision of MB - use one of them

Thanks,

I see, that actually helps as your MB dose use Realtek (I looked them up on asus site)… I have the P5E Deluxe which uses only Marvel Yukon, so no need for me to have been using the Realtek kext. I think I got that from a tutorial here a long time ago for a similar board but never bothered to check it out. I've since removed it and no issues.

for advanced users - you can modify firmware Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056  to  88E8053 

burn Win98SE_bootdisk.iso to CDRW

boot to MS DOS

yukonvpd.exe -R original.raw

boot to Mac

in HEX editor find 6443 change to 6243

save as patch.raw

reboot to DOS and yukonvpd.exe -P patch.raw

• 9 months later...

Ok, first I must apoligize if I missed anything in posts prior. I did try reading through all of them, but there are 15 friggin pages of them. Also, for my unfamiliarity with the processes involved, like I have no clue what to be changing and where from the text boxes in the beginning of each thread, but more on that later. LoL

I, like I see many others, am having a problem getting my Asus p5e to run Snow Leopard. (I know there is newer out there but this seemed to be the most well documented.) I ahve a problem getting into OS-x booting off the hard drive bootloader. Initially it's panic at voodoohda, which I disabled by moving the file and clearing the cache. It now boots all the way to a blank grey screen. If I run verbose mode, runs through all of the scroll, then hits a black screen and halts there. I am using the kests and the 4gb dsdt from the beginning of the thread, plus one for my video card. Let me add, if I boot off the CD, it boots fine. Don't even need to safe mode it.

Info:

Board- Asus P5E

BIOS- ver.1201

Memory- 4GB (4x1GB sticks)

Video- ATI Sapphire HD3850 PCI-E (There is an AGP version too I think, which is why I specified here. Mine's PCI-E)

HDD-WD Green Label 500GB SATA

Optical- Sony DRU-(i forget the model no) DVD-RW drive, on master on my J-micron controller

Optical2- Creative 48Xmx CD-Rom drive, on slave onthe J-micron (I seems to be non functional in OS-X, Removing it doesn't change anything)

Note, my keyboard is a PS/2 keyboard, works fine

Someone mentioned the J-micron being a possible issue, I've tried disabling it altogether, no apparent change. Need it to boot from boot disc though.

I'm sure there's some detail I missed. Feel free to ask for any detail you think would be helpful. But this is what I'm getting.

• 2 months later...

Yosemite still nicely working on my P5E  :P except iMessage which as of now requires clover.

Clover never worked consistently, so I will stick with #uni#beast# for install, and #multi#beast for add ons.

Clover works perfectly at P5E3 Premium and here is config and Audio HDA fix

and find FakeSMC by Yourself )

config.plist.zip

AppleHDA_1988b.kext.zip

Clover works perfectly at P5E3 Premium and here is config and Audio HDA fix

and find FakeSMC by Yourself )

Rodion, that is amazing for an old board. Thanks for the info.

My problem for clover is that, reboot and shutdown will not work at all.

Always the case for every revision of clover, so I gave up for clover because of that.

Also, I cannot use my usb keyboard at clover menu at boot time, only ps2 keyboard would work.

That I don't take it seriously as I can set the config to automatically go for a boot for osx, but the reboot/shutdown problem,

I really can't live with it.

You have any clues on that?

Oh, sorry, I will give it a try with your config first.

Thanks much,

rktr

Edited by rktr

Rodion, that is amazing for an old board. Thanks for the info.

My problem for clover is that, reboot and shutdown will not work at all.

Always the case for every revision of clover, so I gave up for clover because of that.

Also, I cannot use my usb keyboard at clover menu at boot time, only ps2 keyboard would work.

That I don't take it seriously as I can set the config to automatically go for a boot for osx, but the reboot/shutdown problem,

I really can't live with it.

You have any clues on that?

Oh, sorry, I will give it a try with your config first.

Thanks much,

rktr

Unfortunately, I still have reboot/shutdown problem with it.

• 1 year later...