Asus P5E DSDT fixes

oldnapalm

300 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

You will probably need to edit DSDT again.

I recommend that you use DSDT Auto-Patcher and Chameleon RC5 for C-states generation

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

If you want to edit manually, the values that need change are the OperationRegion ones for RAMW, BIOS and STBL. Add the new RAM, boot without patched DSDT and extract the original one to get the correct values.

• 1 month later...
Hello!

I'm using P5E Deluxe with bios 0501 (only this version supports my cpu).

Can anyone help me with dsdt file? I try to apply patches and compile by myself but I get many errors.

BTW, what kexts do I need?

Thank you in advance.

dsdt.jamaicada.zip

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258606

Thank you!

Can you specify what patches do you apply? I want to understand what I was doing wroung.

DTGP

HDEF

IRQs

SBUS

SHUTDOWN

UHCI

EHCI

REMOVE

FIXs WARNINGS

• 2 weeks later...

You have to edit the new AppleHDA or restore the previous one. I don't know how to make the new kext work without editing it.

Copy the keys CommonPeripheralDSP and PathMaps from AD1988bFix to AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml (replace original contents)

Copy the keys LayoutID and PathMapRef (they're inside key Layouts) to AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout12.xml (replace original contents)

Copy the dict from key HDAConfigDefault (it's inside key HDA Hardware Config Resource) to key HDAConfigDefault in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist (paste as child)

It's the same thing with Lion AppleHDA, I will post the edited kext as soon I finish downloading and installing the update.

You have to edit the new AppleHDA or restore the previous one. I don't know how to make the new kext work without editing it.

Copy the keys CommonPeripheralDSP and PathMaps from AD1988bFix to AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml (replace original contents)

Copy the keys LayoutID and PathMapRef (they're inside key Layouts) to AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout12.xml (replace original contents)

Copy the dict from key HDAConfigDefault (it's inside key HDA Hardware Config Resource) to key HDAConfigDefault in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist (paste as child)

It's the same thing with Lion AppleHDA, I will post the edited kext as soon I finish downloading and installing the update.

if we do this patch do can we delete ad1988bfix.kext? also will the applehda.kext work in the E/E folder? im assuming not but i have never put a kext in the E/E folder that was already in the S/L/E folder.

thanks for the tip!

I finally installed the latest version of chameloen and a dsdt from autopatcher.

everything works quiet well except the ahci ports are listed as removable drives (the orange icons).

it's the dsdt because when I use my old self edited version they are listed as normal sata drives.

I thougth auto patcher also takes care of this?

edit: Apparently this is not the case. Need to use the ahci injectors.

Yes, you can delete AD1988bFix.

I don't know if AppleHDA will work from /E/E, I guess it won't.

Edited 10.6.8 AppleHDA for AD1988B

http://www.mediafire.com/?3ie424aohiz43uw

I have a P5K-E, but the audio chip is the same ad1988b; I've been using the integrated audio in until 10.6.7, after patching the new AppleHDA.kext as you said, or using yours, I get audio out working perfectly, but in system preferences I have only digital audio in, and no audio-in working. Placing the ad1988bfix.kext in /E/E I get the integrated mic working again (and also sound assertion during boot log). Is there any way to fix the internal mic, using only the new AppleHDA.kext?

Audio-in works for me with the kext I edited.

Maybe you missed the last step? (HDA Hardware Config Resource)

Compare the dict from key HDAConfigDefault in your AD1988bFix.kext with AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in the kext I attached).

Audio-in works for me with the kext I edited.

Maybe you missed the last step? (HDA Hardware Config Resource)

Compare the dict from key HDAConfigDefault in your AD1988bFix.kext with AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in the kext I attached).

You're right... or at least, I think so. When I looked into my kext, I found that I missed the last step, I don't know how... Never mind; I did a great mess with kexts and the kextcache of snow leopard. The first time I tried your kext, it didn't work, because (as I thought after) OSX hadn't the time to rebuild the kextcache before I rebooted. That's why I decided to make one myself, and (don't know why) I rebuilt the cache, but I didn't get that the cache was making it working. That was the kext not completely edited, and it explains why I didn't have audio-in working. Reading your answer, since I didn't make a backup of the original 10.6.8 AppleHDA, I reinstalled the update, and tried to repatch it, and it didn't work after a reboot (I didn't update the kextcache). After some other attemps, I tried to rebuild the kextcache with "touch /System/Library/Extensions"... After reboot, It was working, also the audio-in. Not satisfied, I reinstalled the DeltaUpdate, placed in /S/L/E your kext, rebuilt the cache and rebooted. Guess what?

It's working. ;)

I'm sorry, I did a really stupid mistake. Thanks for your help, time and work.

I am wondering how I would find the information needed to edit the AppleHDA. I am running on VoodooHDA and would like to get out of using it. Would a codec dump be able to tell me what I would need to edit it? Thanks in advance for any help and sorry for the dumb question. I have only done light editing of different kexts up until now and I want to make my computer as Vanilla as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys have sleep issues with 10.6.8 and lion GM?

Sleep does work but the resume give me troubles. computers seems to resume but the gfx doesn't (no fans spinning) keyboard and mouse is dead tho. Same issue on the both sl and lion

currently I am using chameleon 1171 with generated dsdt and p/c state from chameleon.

My old usb stick (i do use usb stick to boot so it's easier to try new bootloaders without nuking the whole installation) with AsereBLN version of chameloen with cust made dsdt works fine in SL. Changing the generated dsdt with the cust mades doesn't solve the problem.

on SL I did replace 2 kext (usb and pci) with the old versions from 6.7 to get it working again.

on lion the rtc kext is binary patch like some guys mentioned on this board without much success..

any ideas what else i could try to get sleep working again?

I'm not sure where the problems comes from. Is it the bootloaders or the installation it self? or just the combination of the new chameleon and SL/lion. I can't remember if I used the new chameleon with 6.7 or after the update to 6.8.

so whats really bugging me is that SL sleep isn't working which always did