Asus P5E DSDT fixes

oldnapalm

300 posts in this topic

Ok finished messing for today. My results so far:

I tried your ECHI sleep.txt you posted the first time (the second one didn't work but that might be a mistake from me since I think they are the same) (Post to EHCI Sleep.txt):

I now have a fake SMC with debug enabled I think:

Nov 22 22:03:23 QX9650 kernel[0]: FakeSMC: key info not found CLWK, length - 6
Nov 22 22:03:23 QX9650 kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 Yukon2Power - SetWolEnableGPIO - Failed to get ACPI device
Nov 22 22:03:24 QX9650 kernel[0]: System Sleep
Nov 22 22:03:27 QX9650 kernel[0]: Wake reason = USB1 USB2
Nov 22 22:03:27 QX9650 kernel[0]: System Wake
Nov 22 22:03:27 QX9650 kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 0
Nov 22 22:03:27 QX9650 kernel[0]: FakeSMC: key info not found CLWK, length - 6
Nov 22 22:03:38: --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Nov 22 22:03:27 QX9650 kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 3 on bus 0xfd connected or disconnected: portSC(0x301823)
Nov 22 22:03:27 QX9650 kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 4 on bus 0xfd connected or disconnected: portSC(0x101423)
Nov 22 22:03:27 QX9650 kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 6 on bus 0xfd connected or disconnected: portSC(0x101823)
Nov 22 22:03:27 QX9650 kernel[0]: The USB device Logitech USB Keyboard (Port 2 of Hub at 0x3d000000) may have caused a wake by being disconnected
Nov 22 22:03:27 QX9650 kernel[0]: The USB device USB MS1x1 MIDI Interface (Port 2 of Hub at 0x5d000000) may have caused a wake by being disconnected

Only USB1 & USB2 are left. I did try the method discussed in the post you linked but I was only able to remove GBEB with that.

Another thing I discovered is that I think the autopatcher does something the individual patched from your start post do not do. My system wakes up from sleep with the auto patcher but when I do all the individual patches it stays black and I have to press and hold the power button. Maybe again this was an error from my side.

My current DSDT.aml:DSDT.aml.txt

I guess you tried to remove the USB1 and 2 last time by editing the DSDT. I will try that tomorrow too.

Time to dream about the perfect hackingtosh ;) ;)

I don't know how to use it... I'm starting agayn with this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=180954

Which has a chameleon boot loader!!!

I've tried many different boot loader but [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] seems to be the only working.

It uses a chameleon v 2.0 -rc5

I did eeverything again but still get the "pci-root-uid value :0" Any idea to fix that?

Hi Trokij,

As you might have read I am not very knowledgeable either but here is my guess. I think the PCI root value is a setting of chameleon. You can either auto detect it or choose a custom value. 2 Programs I have come across configuring chameleon are lizard and voodoo prefpane. I don't know if you have tried any of those. As for why you get this error I do not have any clue either. I suggest you try and Google a bit on different PCI root settings and when they are applicable or you can just try some but I don't know if that is safe.

Link to lizard: Lizard

Prefpane: Prefpane

To edit the value manually:

Edit the com.apple.boot.plist and add these 2 lines with the others:

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>0</string>

I used [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] before too. It worked OK for me, I used the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] Supported + [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. One important thing is that fakeSMC is present in extra/extensions and that you use napalms DSDT.aml in extra. Once you have access to a (partially working) OSX installation I recommend you scroll a few post back and create a bootable USB drive like I did. I can now install OSX by booting from drive, installing OSX, restarting, booting from drive again, klick latest chameleon installation package and install on the correct hard drive (for partitions you might have to do some extra steps) and then copy the folder extra (with all kexts and plists) to OSX root and I am ready to go :D

Hi Trokij,

As you might have read I am not very knowledgeable either but here is my guess. I think the PCI root value is a setting of chameleon. You can either auto detect it or choose a custom value. 2 Programs I have come across configuring chameleon are lizard and voodoo prefpane. I don't know if you have tried any of those. As for why you get this error I do not have any clue either. I suggest you try and Google a bit on different PCI root settings and when they are applicable or you can just try some but I don't know if that is safe.

Link to lizard: Lizard

Prefpane: Prefpane

To edit the value manually:

Edit the com.apple.boot.plist and add these 2 lines with the others:

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>0</string>

I used [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] before too. It worked OK for me, I used the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] Supported + [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. One important thing is that fakeSMC is present in extra/extensions and that you use napalms DSDT.aml in extra. Once you have access to a (partially working) OSX installation I recommend you scroll a few post back and create a bootable USB drive like I did. I can now install OSX by booting from drive, installing OSX, restarting, booting from drive again, klick latest chameleon installation package and install on the correct hard drive (for partitions you might have to do some extra steps) and then copy the folder extra (with all kexts and plists) to OSX root and I am ready to go ;)

Hi Mistyc

I've already tried googoling for that string but didn't found nothing good... now I'm trying to install the leopard 10.5 version, maybe is easier...

Thanks anyway

Hey Again,

I think I found the solution to the sound insertion problem here Link

He states to insert the following into LegacyHDA.kext:

<key>PCIVendorDeviceID</key> <- Read from original AppleHDA.kext

<integer>282987200</integer>

His entry is for a different soundcard though. I was wondering if you can tell me what value I need to use for our soundcard :D

Does he have a different DSDT fix or is that just the fix we use?

Many thanks :D.

Also, I have not used jmicron.kext. It seems there is a JmicronATA.kext in the untouched installation and when I install the jmicron from your startpost I get errors while when I don't install it I don't get any errors. I was wondering though if this means I cannot use the jmicron or that it might miss functionality.

Hi,

those values are the vendor and device ID, you can find them using this app

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219584

For our mobo it would be 0x8086293e, just convert to decimal

<key>PCIVendorDeviceID</key>
<integer>2156276030</integer>

I don't know about the JMicron kext, I could never test it since I don't have any IDE drive.

Hi ;) Thanks, that did it :)

I added the entry into the info.plist of the AD1988bfix.kext and now the error message is gone. I highlighted the entries in bold in the codebox below.

"NOTE FOR OTHER USERS THAT THE CODE BELOW IS NOT THE COMPLETE FILE" Just up until the point where the entry is.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.XyZ.FIX.AD1988b.HDA</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>FIX AD1988b HDA Driver</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>KEXT</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>6.6.6</string>
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>
	<key>BuiltInHDA</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController</string>
		<key>CodecAddressFilterArray</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>CodecAddressMask</key>
				<data>AQAAAA==</data>
				<key>LayoutID</key>
				<integer>16392</integer>
				[b]<key>PCIVendorDeviceID</key>
				<integer>2156276030</integer>[/b]
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>CodecAddressMask</key>
				<data>AQAAAA==</data>
				<key>LayoutID</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				[b]<key>PCIVendorDeviceID</key>
				<integer>2156276030</integer>[/b]
			</dict>
		</array>

Here is the kext:AD1988bFix.kext.zip

I think I'll leave the jmicron alone then. I don't have any IDE disk in my PC either and never used eSATA port. Maybe in the future.

Victory! Whohoooo :D :D

I got sleep working. It turns out it was a bios setting that solved it properly (at least I think it is properly).

Energystar 4.0C support under APM settings in the power section. Set it to disabled and you're good to go :D I don't know if the P5E board has this setting, maybe you have it disabled by default anyway, but after I set it to disabled, sleep worked (via menu or sleep button on keyboard and sleep after idle (mind you the sleep function did take longer then the monitor idle, just wait a little longer) :D

I just googled for this setting in the forum, there was 1 entry, a guy stating what he did to solve something but apparently he was unaware that this setting actually the reason sleep didn't work properly in the first place I think. I might try his solution if I find I have the same problem as him. His post: Link

Pffff that took me a long time :P

Hi Again ;)

I have yet another question :P Its related to sleep. And I guess its actually 2 questions :D

First, this is what my kernel log looks like just before during and just after sleep. Note that sleep functions fine even though I get the following:

Nov 29 20:36:57 QX9650 kernel[0]: FakeSMC: key info not found CLWK, length - 6
Nov 29 20:36:57 QX9650 kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 Yukon2Power - SetWolEnableGPIO - Failed to get ACPI device
Nov 29 20:36:59 QX9650 kernel[0]: System Sleep
Nov 29 20:37:08 QX9650 kernel[0]: Wake reason = GBEC EUSB
Nov 29 20:37:08 QX9650 kernel[0]: System Wake
Nov 29 20:37:08 QX9650 kernel[0]: FakeSMC: key info not found CLWK, length - 6
Nov 29 20:37:08 QX9650 kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 0
Nov 29 20:37:08 QX9650 kernel[0]: FakeSMC: key info not found CLWK, length - 6
Nov 29 20:37:08 QX9650 kernel[0]: The USB device HubDevice (Port 3 of Hub at 0xfd000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
Nov 29 20:37:08 QX9650 kernel[0]: The USB device USB Receiver (Port 2 of Hub at 0xfd300000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (3)
Nov 29 20:37:10 QX9650 kernel[0]: Ethernet [AppleYukon2]: Link up on en1, 100-Megabit, Full-duplex, No flow-control, Debug [796d,6c08,0de1,0200,41e1,4000]

I have googled for this error (the apple yukon one, the fake smc I will do later if ever) and I found a post by you :D

link

If I had to guess, I need to insert some rule into the AppleYukon2.kext we use, but how and what is way over my head :$ Do you have the same problem? It is not a real problem since everything does work but I guess its better if it is working without errors :P.

Second question is very specific and I don't expect you to have the answer but it can't hurt to ask (or can it :P) When I want to go to sleep with an external USB HD (WD my passport) in my front USB port (not checked others) the system does start going to sleep but doesn't get there and instead my HD led (of my internal HD) stays on permanently and I am unable to return to the system and have to either reset or press and hold the power button. There is nothing stored in the log section so I am unable to see what causes the sleep to malfunction.

In short it seems that having my USB HD in my front USB port breaks the sleep function.

It only happens with this specific WD my passport 1TB elite edition (2.5 inch without separate power supply). I have another 3.5 2 TB elements and that works just fine with sleep.

It does however go to sleep ok when I plug in the HD after I have booted in OSX. Or when I plug it in, reboot and then go to sleep. I guess the problem only arises when I shut down PC with the disk plugged in, then turn it on and boot to OSX and than go to sleep. I'd guess it has to to with the BIOS allocating the HD in its table or something? No clue :P. I have had problems with this particular disk before and there is a lot on the internet about this one. Ah well, guess I just have to plug it out after shutdown :P.

I have checked in the about this mac section what ports I have and it seems that the HD is connected to the EHCI and not the UHCI. I have 6 UHCI

Host Controller Location:	Built-in USB
 Host Controller Driver:	AppleUSBUHCI
 PCI Device ID:	0x3a39 
 PCI Revision ID:	0x0002 
 PCI Vendor ID:	0x8086 
 Bus Number:	0x5a

And 2 EHCI

Host Controller Location:	Built-in USB
 Host Controller Driver:	AppleUSBEHCI
 PCI Device ID:	0x293c 
 PCI Revision ID:	0x0002 
 PCI Vendor ID:	0x8086 
 Bus Number:	0xfa 

Any ideas about this one? :help:

Anyway thanks for any suggestions.

Sorry, I don't have a clue about the Yukon message, I don't see it in my log.

About FakeSMC, it's normal, those keys don't exist, you can turn off debug in Info.plist if you don't want the log messages.

Did you apply the "EHCI sleep" patch in DSDT?

• 2 weeks later...

I am so happy now. My DSDT.aml is fixed for Mac compatibility thanks to your thread. Now I can update my 10.6.3 Install DVD on a USB stick with my new DSDT.aml and two kexts:

fakesmc.kext.

OpenHaltRestart.kext

No SleepEnabler.kext

No NVEnabler.kext

I also got my NVidia 460 GTX info correctly inserted into the DSDT. Although I need to keep a DSDT with out the NVidia info for the 10.6.3 to boot.

I can now boot from grub into 10.6.5 with fully working graphics on my 460 GTX. This was probably the hardest and easiest to fix in my DSDT.

I did make my own dummy 88e8056 kext for the appleyukon2 to work. That was the easiest thing to get working.

Its nice having the c-states working on my Q9550. This thing is already a low-temp cpu with a big heatsink to boot. Sleep is working flawlessly. SleepX test worked great.

Some things I want to fix without Chameleon is the cpu info and motherboard info. Any ideas?

Heres a link to my setup thread:

My triple boot.

Dear ALL!

After a lot of reading, I didn't find a solution for installing OSX 10.6 on my P5E+E8500+Sapphire Radeon HD4850. I'm using the latest BIOS, I've downloaded the 10.6 (Final Retail) OSX and succesfully wrote it on a DL DVD.

I'd like to dual boot with XP prof 32.

Where should I start? DO i need chameleon, or nawcom boot disk? What version?

Sorry for the many lame question, I just didn't find workable solutions so far.

Hi Zophet,

As a test I recommend trying [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] + [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. Once you get that working take a good look at your kernel.log and then start deleting kexts until it doesn't work anymore. If you have windows I suggest you make use of transmac to access your OSX partition/disk, it might save you some re installations. Make sure you have a complete list of all your hardware and then see which kexts go with that. I have no experience with ATI.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2oldnapalm

Hi men... this is dsdt|s table for P5E3 with all tricks and hacks... I cut over 20000 lines in dstd(it includes additional ssdt tables) it works perfectly and ALL things works

sleep, usb, marvel ide-esata (works and tested), ethernet, com port, audio - alc 883 and etc

extra.zip

My extensions... alc883, marvel ide sata, fakesmc with гык/slice/mozo sensors)))

kexts.zip

All things works perfectly about 2 years... Thanks compatriots and friends for the help (netkas, mozodojo, slice, gusar and гык (usr srr2))

DSDT fixes for Asus P5E

New: DSDT Auto-Patcher ASUS P5E

Automated patches to be applied using this editor. This way you apply the patches in your original DSDT very easily, and avoid possible problems of using a pre-edited file.

ASUS_P5E_patches.zip

How to apply the patches using DSDT Editor:

Audio: (needs AD1988bFix.kext)

Hi,

having difficulties installing getting sleep and reboot to work after 5 days of trial and error. I am somewhat new to osx86 but have figured out how to use dsdt se and the diff tools.

Config:

p5e3 deluxe Bios 1502 (BIOS v 1502 with the ICH9R ROM updated to v8.9.0.1023)

Q9550 quad-core

8800GTS

8GB Ram

I am using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 2.7 and [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 3.3. osx 10.6.3 dvd, updating to 10.6.6.

I have tried all forum posts and the google code dsdt.

But still no luck, I cant get sleep to work, always get shutdown reason 3 and the screen goes blank, yet the pc says powered on.

Could someone help me out to get sleep and reboot to work please ?

What options do I need to check in [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and what other kexts do I need for 10.6.6 sleep ?

cheers bubba

yes, doesnt work either.. i guess i am forgetting something or installing the wrong kexts.

i created the dsdt.aml with autopatcher then installed it with mutlibeast dsdt option. still no sleep or reboot.

post a kextstat

run on terminal

kextstat