[GUIDE] Eeebox B202 and Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.5 Retail

DanielFo

211 posts in this topic

Hi. today apple release 10.6.4 uptade. Can i upgrade with this on my eeebox 202 full working 10.6.3.?

as i wrote you in my pm, no you cannot update. i have to build a new installer package with modded kernel and kexts...

as i wrote you in my pm, no you cannot update. i have to build a new installer package with modded kernel and kexts...

hi daniel,

would it be very usefull to make a new installer?

My system is still working perfect. I don't see realy big benefits untill now.

In my case i'll just wait what you do. For me it doesn't have Amy prior use.

Again thanks for this great manual!

RB

hi daniel,

would it be very usefull to make a new installer?

My system is still working perfect. I don't see realy big benefits untill now.

In my case i'll just wait what you do. For me it doesn't have Amy prior use.

Again thanks for this great manual!

RB

i mean a installer for my patches (run the 10.6.4 update, don't restart, run my installer, finish). you won't have to install everything new.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide it worked great.

All up & running now except sound out of the optical spdif connector.

I'm running it as a htpc using xbmc & so surround sound out would be nice. Has anyone got any ideas or links to info for fixing this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Installed 10.6.4, run old installer all ok except Intel GMA Graphic card, anyone know how to fix????

I ran into the same issue with my 1920x1200 monitor showing 1024x768. My fix for my 27AE GMA950:

1. Get the package of Kexts from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?iunzv1adjyz

2. Unzip

3. Remove the underscores from the front of the two Intel file names.

4. Install the four kexts using http://web.mac.com/v1.42ghz/Kext_Helper/So...Helper%20b7.zip

Everything else works fine though (although I have the new model so had to swap wireless cards, and the ethernet's still knackered)...

• 2 weeks later...
I ran into the same issue with my 1920x1200 monitor showing 1024x768. My fix for my 27AE GMA950:

1. Get the package of Kexts from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?iunzv1adjyz

2. Unzip

3. Remove the underscores from the front of the two Intel file names.

4. Install the four kexts using http://web.mac.com/v1.42ghz/Kext_Helper/So...Helper%20b7.zip

Everything else works fine though (although I have the new model so had to swap wireless cards, and the ethernet's still knackered)...

Thank you surroundfan! the above procedure works fine.

What I did: after installing the 10.6.4 update, the 10.6.3 installer patch was applied. I then installed the above kexts and the EEE Box runs fine..

Hi, to all!

I read this guide and install Mac on my EeeBox PC and it's work fine! But after flashing BIOS windows seven don't start and show BSOD screen. I need dual boot with Mac and Windows on EeeBox. Do you know how to fix this problem?

Many thanks to all!

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english

Hello. Using a long-EeeBox with 10.6.3. I have not updated to 10.6.4 because it looks a pach on purpose. Let me know if you can get a list of all the kext to picked up individually by kext.com and have the computer updated with each new release. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Upgraded to 10.6.4 with new kext files but somehow graphics are very slow, I have the feeling that CI/QE is not working properly :) Did anybody tried out the following solution for graphics fix?

Doesn't anybody has the same problem with the new kext files? Strange thing is that the screensaver is working but very very slow... I thought that the screensaver would not work if CI/QE is disabled.

• 4 weeks later...
Anybody have a guide to upgrade to 10.6.4? I have 10.6.3 running perfect but I see various posts showing that going to 10.6.4 breaks the system.

Thanks!

Please wait. I'm going to update my guide and upload new files when 10.6.5 comes out...

Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.5 Build 10H571 to Select Developers

Friday November 05, 2010 07:59 PM EST

EDIT: 10.6.5 is out. stay tuned...

• 2 weeks later...
10.6.5 package is there....

I'm upgrading from 10.6.4 and used the Apple sw update to download/install the 10.6.5 update. Then I unzipped daniel fo's 10.6.5 updater and it showed an error that this is meant for 10.6.5 only. Contrary to the update instructions the only option to install 10.6.5 is to reboot. But the instructions say do not reboot without installing the hackintosh update--but that update won't install since it requires the 10.6.5 to already be installed. Argh. So I clicked the reboot button... Seems to be stuck?

I'm upgrading from 10.6.4 and used the Apple sw update to download/install the 10.6.5 update. Then I unzipped daniel fo's 10.6.5 updater and it showed an error that this is meant for 10.6.5 only. Contrary to the update instructions the only option to install 10.6.5 is to reboot. But the instructions say do not reboot without installing the hackintosh update--but that update won't install since it requires the 10.6.5 to already be installed. Argh. So I clicked the reboot button... Seems to be stuck?

i said COMBO update, not the built-in updater... you had to download the combo update... now you can only try my old boot cd to boot into your os and install my drivers.

i have to build a new boot cd...

Yep, Daniel's right. My brain scooted over that fact. ...Bad.

i said COMBO update, not the built-in updater... you had to download the combo update... now you can only try my old boot cd to boot into your os and install my drivers.

i have to build a new boot cd...

Yep, Daniel's right. My brain scooted over that fact. ...Bad.

so I'm trying to work out how to dig myself out of this hole. DanielFo said a new boot cd would be needed. But since that doesn't exist yet, I've booted the eee box using the old cd and I reached the os x login screen where I'm stuck because it seems to lack support for USB(?) or at minimum the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive.

What I tried so far, USBBusFix=Yes (and it's related individual flags) did not do anything to restore USB. Basically the USB keyboard and mouse and other USB items work until it boots up then everything USB related stops. I can tell the computer isn't frozen because eventually the screen saver comes on. I had previously enabled screen sharing but I'm using an Apple USB Ethernet device so the network is unavailable without USB. Ugh. I can't think of a way to get in there.

Suggestions?

pulled the drive and used another Mac to install the eeebox 10.6.5 b202 package results in the system booting past the grey apple logo, but once th spinning disc goes away the system is frozen.

I'm now trying to restore from a time machine backup...

so I'm trying to work out how to dig myself out of this hole. DanielFo said a new boot cd would be needed. But since that doesn't exist yet, I've booted the eee box using the old cd and I reached the os x login screen where I'm stuck because it seems to lack support for USB(?) or at minimum the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive.

What I tried so far, USBBusFix=Yes (and it's related individual flags) did not do anything to restore USB. Basically the USB keyboard and mouse and other USB items work until it boots up then everything USB related stops. I can tell the computer isn't frozen because eventually the screen saver comes on. I had previously enabled screen sharing but I'm using an Apple USB Ethernet device so the network is unavailable without USB. Ugh. I can't think of a way to get in there.

Suggestions?