210 replies to this topic

Da_Unknown_333

Da_Unknown_333

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for such an easy guide!!!

Question: Is there any way to make the B202 think that there is a monitor attached? I have read several ways of making a headless server etc etc etc, but this is not what I'm looking for...

I am plan on putting this PC in my car and the display only takes RCA composite. I'm using a "VGA to Composite" converter something similar to this:
http://www.amazon.co...U/ref=pd_cp_e_2

The converter works fine, but when I remove the VGA monitor and restart the PC; it starts to boot up (white screen with apple logo, spinning grafic under) then the screen goes completely white and freezes. I'm assuming the OS checks to see if a monitor is attached and locks up if it doesn't find one.

Again is there any way to get around this?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

belletto

belletto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Some info till i update my tutorial (10.6.3):
- the new kernel isn't compatible with atom cpus (has to be patched like the old one)
- graphic driver needs binary patching too

don't know about the rest. i will try my best on weekend...

Hi man, i've notice your updated guide ! Great work !
What can i do to use your kexts updated package with my installation allready " freezed " on with apple logo screen ??
thanks in advance !

DanielFo

DanielFo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Hi man, i've notice your updated guide ! Great work !
What can i do to use your kexts updated package with my installation allready " freezed " on with apple logo screen ??
thanks in advance !

You can try booting with my Boot CD and install my package. But i noticed that 10.6.3 do not work properly with the kernel i used in my Boot CD.

You can also use another Mac and a USB enclosure to install my package.

Or you do it manually by replacing /mach_kernel with the atom patched one and removing /Extra/SleepEnabler.kext. Then you have to press F8 at boot and enter: -f to ignore caches. Next step is to install my package.

belletto

belletto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

You can try booting with my Boot CD and install my package. But i noticed that 10.6.3 do not work properly with the kernel i used in my Boot CD.

uhm...i will try but i'm pretty sure that it doesn't work

You can also use another Mac and a USB enclosure to install my package.

Unfortunately i don't have another mac with me :-(

Or you do it manually by replacing /mach_kernel with the atom patched one and removing /Extra/SleepEnabler.kext. Then you have to press F8 at boot and enter: -f to ignore caches. Next step is to install my package.

I'll try to access using terminal to the disk and copy and paste these new kext ( correct ?? )

Thanks for your help ! I will keep you updated ;-)

belletto

belletto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
My EEELeopard is still alive;-)

Boot with legacyboot and 10.6.3 package installed.

Thank you very much for your help !!

bjjgann

bjjgann

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello

I had successfully installed 10.6.2 using your instructions and decided to nuke the disk and do a fresh install of 10.6.3.

However despite closely following the instructions I keep receiving unable to find driver ACPI error. Even if I go back to the older bios for the 10.6.2 install and try that I still get the error. I am puzzled because it has worked in the past.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

mchasard

mchasard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
really cool ...thanks for your update to 10.6.3 ... all is fine after a small fear ... cause the patch was not really entirely installed ... and i could'nt reboot anymore ...

i decided to reboot with the special boot cd ...and i could install properly the eeebox patch for 10.6.3 and after that the boot loader was good ...and now i'm very happy to retrieve my eeemacbox ...

thanks a lot ...

Rollende_Babba

Rollende_Babba

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Daniel,

Thank youuuuuuu!!!!

It worked. The only thing is that my airport didn't work anymore. But I have a great Broadcom fix, so now it's working.
If anyone here has the same problem with the airport issue, I have a fix for it.

Vielen dank aus Der Niederlande!
R_B

vfr2002

vfr2002

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Daniel,

The current EEEbox B202 seems to be end of life now.
Out of interest , do you have any plans to start looking at a replacement product like EEEbox PC EB1012/EB1501/EB1502 ?

Thanks
Yves

Bear Joost

Bear Joost

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Couple of months ago succesfully installed SL 10.6.2 on my eeeBox B202 !!!!! The upgrade to 10.6.3 was also very easy but an USB-stick formatted as FAT32 was refused by the eeeBox. FAT16 formatted USB-stick did the job to flash my bios.
The next thing a wnt to get working is Time Machine. I have a Synology DS209 II+ with Time Machine activated. My Macbook Pro and 2 other iMacs sees the Time Machine server on my Synology. My eeeBox doesn't!! What could be the problem?

antoniox86

antoniox86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Hi. I would like buy this eeebox, but how i know if buy a version with realteak or jmicron? Please help me. For the version with realteak i must buy Linux 160gb or xp 160gb? Please help

antoniox86

antoniox86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Hi. Today i have install snow 10.6.3. Perfect. All works grate. I have only a question? I can do software uptade from Apple software uptade?

Haddocks

Haddocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

My first attempt at this, and I just discovered that I have a Jmicron ethernet adapter - which Leopard doesn't recognise (as said earlier).

Is there any way at all of getting it to work?

Many thanks in advance.

antoniox86

antoniox86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
No. Sorry, i think that jmicron don't work.

Haddocks

Haddocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

No. Sorry, i think that jmicron don't work.

Its a shame as otherwise the "upgrade" went perfectly - many thanks to the OP for the great guide.

I suppose my only option is to replace the wireless card, with a:

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...7#ht_2136wt_913

Can anyone confirm this is correct - and that Snow Leopard will have drivers?

agentofkaos

agentofkaos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for this awesome guide, my B202 has been the easiest of the 4 Hackintoshes I've done!

Unfortunately I have a machine with a JMicron ethernet controller. I haven't been able to figure it out from the BIOS, but I'm pretty sure it is a jmc250 part from reading some Linux forums. There are linux drivers here

ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/jmc2xx/Linux

Is it possible we could get someone to create a kext out of this? I have no idea how difficult this might be........

It's not a big deal as I have ordered an Apple USB - Ethernet dongle which I expect will work but it would be nice to not need extra hardware.

If you have any ideas to help me achieve this in software I'd really appreciate it! No, I can't really use wireless for the application I am using........

regards

Kaos

Haddocks

Haddocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Kaos,

Do you mind if I ask which USB dongle you bought - presumably this will be slower than swapping out the card?

agentofkaos

agentofkaos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi Kaos,

Do you mind if I ask which USB dongle you bought - presumably this will be slower than swapping out the card?

Hey Haddocks- I've ordered the Apple one that goes with the MacBook Air. Snow Leopard has built in drivers for this device so it should work ootb. Also I don't think the ethernet chip is replaceable like the wireless card. Here it is

http://store.apple.c...roduct/MB442Z/A

It's a 10/100 device so yes it's slower, but I don't care, I just need a cabled connection. If you're interested, I'll be using it as a Zenoss data collector to monitor an external network.

www.zenoss.org

Haddocks

Haddocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Many thanks...

My mistake though, I thought you were buying a USB wireless adapter (misread your post).

Not sure whether to open up my (new) eee box and fit the card I linked to above, or just get a USB adapter.

Incidentally my wireless card is an Azurewave AR5B95 (AW-NE785) Im presuming there are no drivers available for this?

agentofkaos

agentofkaos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Many thanks...

My mistake though, I thought you were buying a USB wireless adapter (misread your post).

Not sure whether to open up my (new) eee box and fit the card I linked to above, or just get a USB adapter.

Incidentally my wireless card is an Azurewave AR5B95 (AW-NE785) Im presuming there are no drivers available for this?

no idea mate. I can tell you that I used an Asus USB-N13 wireless N adaptor on a clients MacBook Pro (dead Airport) the other day and it works well. they are pretty cheap and mac drivers are available, seems to be based on a Ralink chipset, so not 100% Mac like, but works fine. If you don't want to pull your box apart that might be an option.

Kaos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy