GA-EX58 and GA-X58A DSDT native power management modifications

d00d

1,771 posts in this topic

Here is my ssdt and dsdt x58a-ud3r and i980x booted with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] fron tonymac

I can only boot with this otherwise system fail and shutdowns at boot with any hacked kernel. With vanilla kernel just reboot and I always boot with busratio=25.

Currently my system hangs reporting incosistency on boot drive. I don't know why.

Here is my ssdt and dsdt x58a-ud3r and i980x booted with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] fron tonymac

I can only boot with this otherwise system fail and shutdowns at boot with any hacked kernel. With vanilla kernel just reboot and I always boot with busratio=25.

Currently my system hangs reporting incosistency on boot drive. I don't know why.

dsdt.zip

ssdt.dsl.zip

I could be wrong but I think MSR Tools shots the actual processor clock (as well as the % of the set clock) only works in 32 bit though

Yeah well, it was just for this app that i was searching a replacement for xD. Because the kext it installes, crashes at startup for me... :s..

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] are megafail. Just use my empire efi cd http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dum2ndzluog

and then install myhack installer final 1.01 http://osx86.sojugarden.com/files/myHack_I...er_1.0.mpkg.zip

then patch your dsdt using d00ds guide

d00d, thanks for this post.

i have successfully made the jump from 10.5.8 to 10.6.3. i started from scratch with myHack, upgraded my bios to the latest (ex58-ud4p F13) and then patched the dsdt with all of your patches. this is the first hack i've ever done where the audio works without any extra help. the cpu power management seems better than before, but i did not actually patch the power state plist. (does this still have to be done in 10.6.3?)

in the past i had overclocking problems but it appears it was just the bios.

all in all, a great success. thanks again.

edit: oh, i see that if i install the audio fix then i'll get the power states. i'll give that a try after i backup my boot disk.

Great job on getting the 980x to boot to the desktop. Your the first I've heard who has done it successfully even if it currently requires a boot disk every time. Are you seeing 12 threads? Please keep posting what works and what doesn't

Great job on getting the 980x to boot to the desktop. Your the first I've heard who has done it successfully even if it currently requires a boot disk every time. Are you seeing 12 threads? Please keep posting what works and what doesn't

Currentl I am able to install with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or myhack patched usb. Then I install myhack or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or kakewalk to my boot disk and I boot a patched kernel with busratio=25.

The result is the same. I get unexpexted incocistency on boot drive and the system halts. I don't understand why.

I have to say I have 6gigs of ram.

I guess I need a new kernel. Hope 10.6.4 brings support for my processor.

As I said before I can always boot with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd.

I had success finally. It is not vanilla and I had to remove 2 gigs of memory for it to work. So I am looking for a solution for that. My fsb and memory are not recognised correctly and the system seems to ignore my smbios.plist. Other than that I have a stable 386 mode system. I used a combination of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to boot the PC, myhack to install it and then [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install various kexts and patched kernel 10.0.0.3. Thats all. Now I am waiting for six core Mac Pros to be able to run vanilla kernel in x64 and use all my memory.

One last thing is that I get a message tht my C states are not recognised so I guess I will have to patch using ssdt info as described by d00d.

Merci d00d pour le DSDT i7 920 :

Overclocked 200x21 / vcore:1,30 / Ram en 9/9/9/27/1 1,64V (14356 points geekbench 64 bit)

img-01053951duw.jpg

Me manque juste le son , j'ai bien l'icone dans le finger mais pas de son .

hello world,

since the thread title refers to the ga-x58a as well- none of the attached files in the first post seem to mirror this kind of board. i read d00ds note about the differences of ex58 series and the x58a. but as i read it, it only says ex58 boards differ a lot, x58a not so much. i read through almost every post here, the closest i could get were posts referring to audio probs of the x58a.

also dood asks for a dsdt-file from the original f1 bios of the x58a- does that mean this part is under development and not yet to be used?!

enlighten me please.

hello world,

since the thread title refers to the ga-x58a as well- none of the attached files in the first post seem to mirror this kind of board. i read d00ds note about the differences of ex58 series and the x58a. but as i read it, it only says ex58 boards differ a lot, x58a not so much. i read through almost every post here, the closest i could get were posts referring to audio probs of the x58a.

also dood asks for a dsdt-file from the original f1 bios of the x58a- does that mean this part is under development and not yet to be used?!

enlighten me please.

d00d's DSDT modifications work perfectly on the GA-X58A-UD7, just extract your own DSDT and follow the tutorial carefully, that should do the trick.

d00d's DSDT modifications work perfectly on the GA-X58A-UD7, just extract your own DSDT and follow the tutorial carefully, that should do the trick.

orionone- thx for your answer :-) good to know you're fine with it on a *-ud7!

i check this when i can spare some hours.

Hi Macke,

I have everything except reboot working with the X58a-ud5. Here are the files you'll need.

What i did was this:

1. From a mac, ran digital_dreamer's script. Installed v10.6 to my HDD, ran through steps 1-4. Installed Chameleon 2.0 RC4. Changed all the Plists - removed all video and audio and NullPowerManagement. Only Kexts installed are:

fakesmc

JMicronATA

RealtekR1000SL

Installed the Kexts, updated the boot cache.

Plugged the HDD into my X58a-UD5. Booted it a first time. It comes up with SVGA graphics, no sound.

Installed DSDT_SE. Loaded up my DSDT, compiled and Installed it. (Bios F5 was used). Rebooted.

System comes back with power management, 1650x1024 graphics, all the good stuff except sound.

Added the LegacyHDA.kext to the script's 10.6 kext/Audio directory, ran the script again, installed the kexts again. Rebooted.

Issues i still have:

1. Reboot doesn't work. It shuts down, the bios BEEPs like it's about to come up, but it never recovers from the black screen.

2. The HDD icon is orange, like it's an external drive. Doesn't bother me.

That's it!

My system is the X58a-ud5 with an NVIDIA 8800GTS/640MB.

dsdt.aml.zip

LegacyHDA.kext.zip

Pour ceux qui voudrais mon DSDT avec vos modif voici ma config :

-Carte mere GIGABYTE EX58-UD5 BIOS F12

-Processeur I7 920 @ 4ghtz

-Carte graphique 285 GTX asus matrix

-6 GB DDR3 G.Skill ripjaws black

Voici mon dsdt accroché au poste ;)

:star_smile:d00d , si tu vois des améliorations à faire dessus , je suis preneur merci :)

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

LegacyHDA.kext.zip

smbios.plist.zip

Hi Macke,

I have everything except reboot working with the X58a-ud5. Here are the files you'll need.

What i did was this:

1. From a mac, ran digital_dreamer's script. Installed v10.6 to my HDD, ran through steps 1-4. Installed Chameleon 2.0 RC4. Changed all the Plists - removed all video and audio and NullPowerManagement. Only Kexts installed are:

fakesmc

JMicronATA

RealtekR1000SL

Plugged the HDD into my X58a-UD5. Booted it a first time. It comes up with SVGA graphics, no sound.

Installed DSDT_SE. Loaded up my DSDT, compiled and Installed it. (Bios F5 was used). Rebooted.

System comes back with power management, 1650x1024 graphics, all the good stuff except sound.

Added the LegacyHDA.kext to the script's 10.6 kext/Audio directory, ran the script again, installed the kexts again. Rebooted.

Issues i still have:

1. Reboot doesn't work. It shuts down, the bios BEEPs like it's about to come up, but it never recovers from the black screen.

That's it!

I am running the same board with no issues.

Install the asereBLN 1.1.9 bootloader and it will support sleep. restart and shutdown.

Get rid of JMicronATA and install IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector to fix the orange icons.

Hi Macke,

What i did was this:

fakesmc

JMicronATA

RealtekR1000SL

Issues i still have:

That's it!

I have this same board and graphics card. I have no problems with reboot or shutdown, even sleep seems to work.

What I did was I used Kakewalk to install the Upgrade disc to my HD, then installed the KakeWalk bootloader for the x58a-ud3r.

I had already gotten a pure vanilla DSDT from an ubuntu live cd, and using d00ds tutorial, modified it. Added VoodooHDA.kext for sound and I had to add an R1000SL.kext for networking, but otherwise everything seems to be golden. I compared my dsdt to CantankerousCoder's diffs to make sure i hadn't forgotten anything.

Pour ceux qui voudrais mon DSDT avec vos modif voici ma config :

-Carte mere GIGABYTE EX58-UD5 BIOS F12

-Processeur I7 920 @ 4ghtz

-Carte graphique 285 GTX asus matrix

-6 GB DDR3 G.Skill ripjaws black

Voici mon dsdt accroché au poste ;)

:mellow: d00d , si tu vois des améliorations à faire dessus , je suis preneur merci :)

Keskon dit? MERCI! :)

Hi d00d,

just wanted to say THANKS! for such a great post - clear instructions, you've obviously done a stack of work.

Like most people I'm struggling with a BT dongle and getting the Magic Mouse to wake but apart from that it's working 100%. Now for some overclocking...

Thanks again

Scott

:)

@ d00d Help Please..I've a Gigabyte UD7 X58A and Intel xeon 3540 overclocked at 4,5GHz..why my sistem profiler is read 4,3GHz?

And my DSDT read 16 core?

Thanks..sorry for my bad english.

Please...but my DSDT is written badly?

Hi dood ..sorry...I can have a your aid?

;)

@ d00d Help Please..I've a Gigabyte UD7 X58A and Intel xeon 3540 overclocked at 4,5GHz..why my sistem profiler is read 4,3GHz?

And my DSDT read 16 core?

Thanks..sorry for my bad english.

Please...but my DSDT is written badly?

`About This Mac' only goes up to 4.3 GHz, edit /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/AboutThisMac.strings if you want it to show over that;

//"ABOUT_BOX_SINGLE_PROCESSOR_FIELD_FORMAT" = "%@";

"ABOUT_BOX_SINGLE_PROCESSOR_FIELD_FORMAT" = "4.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon";

I rewrote 5, let me know if you're still confused about the number of cores your CPU has.

Hi d00d,

just wanted to say THANKS! for such a great post - clear instructions, you've obviously done a stack of work.

Like most people I'm struggling with a BT dongle and getting the Magic Mouse to wake but apart from that it's working 100%. Now for some overclocking...

Thanks again

Scott

thanks

I am using CruiSAr's trimmed down and cleaned up DSDT. I am using an ethernet card instead of the onboard NIC. Can I remove PEX0 through PEX5 from my DSDT? Also, can I remove SBUS as well? Lastly, are there any other devices that aren't needed? Thank you.

I know this thread is about the UD5 mainly but was wondering if anyone has built the DSDT and relevant other files for the UD7 running a i7 920.

I am rather a n00bie at all this and have already stuff up my system a number of times by doing the wrong thing.

Scrimpy.