**Updated** SleepEnabler for 10.6.5

Onixs

164 posts in this topic

I'm using this, it goes into sleep, but when i move the mouse to get back from sleep, it just boot like when i just turn on the computer.

Any idea for this?

My "/extra/extensions/" folder contains this:

-fakesmc.kext

-PlatformUUID.kext

-OpenHaltRestart.kext

-NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ( maybe this is the problem? )

-ApplePS2Controller.kext ( I dont have ps2 device, so this is needed? )

-AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext ( I dont have ps2 device, so this is needed? )

-LegacyAppleRTC_32bit_Only.kext ( I run SL in 64bit mode, so this is needed? )

-ALC662.kext (it is need for sound)

My mb is Gigabyte G31M-S2L.

I'm using this, it goes into sleep, but when i move the mouse to get back from sleep, it just boot like when i just turn on the computer.

Any idea for this?

My "/extra/extensions/" folder contains this:

-fakesmc.kext

-PlatformUUID.kext

-OpenHaltRestart.kext

-NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ( maybe this is the problem? )

-ApplePS2Controller.kext ( I dont have ps2 device, so this is needed? )

-AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext ( I dont have ps2 device, so this is needed? )

-LegacyAppleRTC_32bit_Only.kext ( I run SL in 64bit mode, so this is needed? )

-ALC662.kext (it is need for sound)

My mb is Gigabyte G31M-S2L.

You don't have all of the boxes checked in Preferences -> Energy Saver

Now, I reinstalled the whole OS, it's faster now, and it goes to sleep, but on wake up, my display doesn't turns on. After wake up, I can open the cd tray with F12 for example, just the monitor not turning on. And display sleep not working either. (The screen just freeze.) I have an ATI HD4670 1GB (It runs with CI/QE/Rotation).

Tried to boot 64bit and 32bit. Same.

Maybe display driver problem?

(I installed "46XX Series Universal Installer", and after that I installed 10.6.2 combo update.)

(Oh and I don't have the "start up automatically after power failure" option in energy saving prefpanel now.)

• 3 weeks later...
Now, I reinstalled the whole OS, it's faster now, and it goes to sleep, but on wake up, my display doesn't turns on. After wake up, I can open the cd tray with F12 for example, just the monitor not turning on. And display sleep not working either. (The screen just freeze.) ....

Just ran into the same problem.

Fixed my AppleLCD.kext so I can now get "Start up automatically after power failure" option in Energy Saver Preferences.

Added SleepEnabler.kext to

AHCIPortInjector.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

in E/E folder; repaired permissions; restarted. Now computer will go to sleep; it will also wake up (light on front stops blinking, turns on solid), but my monitor will not wake up -- monitor's power light stays yellow (it has on/off button that's green when fully on, yellow when asleep).

Dell Dimension e520 Core2 Duo

nVidia GeForce 7300 SE (set in com.apple.Boot.plist, not with kext)

Also have this rather strange entry in System Profiler (why does my monitor not show under Display Connector, but separately?):

Displays:

Display Connector:

DELL E228WFP:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Anyone know how fix this and get monitor to wake up after sleep?

Topic Updated... Check first Post.

Nice (but a little confusing). Might help if you explained what the arguments can be and what strings should be entered in com.apple.Boot.plist (afraid I don't know what a pmVersion, or even a "pm" is). :)

Nice (but a little confusing). Might help if you explained what the arguments can be and what strings should be entered in com.apple.Boot.plist (afraid I don't know what a pmVersion, or even a "pm" is). :P

pmVersion=0 (Disable SleepEnabler)

pmVersion=17 (10.6.0/1)

pmVersion=18 (10.6.2)

pmVersion=19 (10.6.3)

Please forgive my ignorance but I'm new to all this.

How do I set the pmVersion?

You either add

<key>pmVersion</key>

<string>0</string>

to com.apple.boot.plist or type pmVersion=0 in bootloader.

Replace 0 with whatever version number (see first post) you need.

You either add

<key>pmVersion</key>

<string>0</string>

to com.apple.boot.plist or type pmVersion=0 in bootloader.

Are you sure that's how to enter it in Boot.plist? I thought boot commands with equal signs were kernel flags, so that you would enter it like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>pmVersion=0</string>

Or does it matter?

:)

Are you sure that's how to enter it in Boot.plist? I thought boot commands with equal signs were kernel flags, so that you would enter it like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>pmVersion=0</string>

Or does it matter?

:D

Both ways should work I think.

Helllo,

i use the new sleepenabler in 10.6.3 , but it isn´t fully working (10.6.2 worked flawless). I can put my Hack into sleep and he wakes up fine, but it won`t go into sleep after the specified time in the energy saver settings. i also lost the "start up automaticaly after power failure" entry in 10.6.3 in the energy saver settings.

My board is a GA-EP45-DS3R with F11e bios, i used Tonymac´s guide for the install. I have the following kexts in my extra/extensions folder:

Disabler.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCBlockSorageInjector.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

RealtekR1000Sl.kext

Sleepenabler.kext

Maybe one of the kexts isn`t working correctly with the new sleepenabler or isn´t needed at all, im pretty clueless right now (the whole OSX86 thing is new to me, so i have to learn a lot). I really hope someone knows what i have to do to make this fully working.

• 2 weeks later...
Helllo,

i use the new sleepenabler in 10.6.3 , but it isn´t fully working (10.6.2 worked flawless). I can put my Hack into sleep and he wakes up fine, but it won`t go into sleep after the specified time in the energy saver settings. i also lost the "start up automaticaly after power failure" entry in 10.6.3 in the energy saver settings.

My board is a GA-EP45-DS3R with F11e bios, i used Tonymac´s guide for the install. I have the following kexts in my extra/extensions folder:

Disabler.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCBlockSorageInjector.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

RealtekR1000Sl.kext

Sleepenabler.kext

Maybe one of the kexts isn`t working correctly with the new sleepenabler or isn´t needed at all, im pretty clueless right now (the whole OSX86 thing is new to me, so i have to learn a lot). I really hope someone knows what i have to do to make this fully working.

Thanks to rals2007 and Meklort for this wonderful kext.

I confirm, this latest version "SleepEnabler.10.6.x" of the SleepEnabler works flawlessly.

Even if you haven't specified any boot time parameters, it works on Snow Leopard 10.6.3, Vanilla kernel 10.3.0.

I just installed it for the first time, tried the SpeedStepping and the sleep functions coding for the first time on my machine. Never in Leopard, yet! But... Tried for the first in Snow Leopard...

Today I did re-code my entire DSDT using the How to Asus P5K-VM guide, and this installed this newer KEXT in /Extra/Extensions/.

The PC as well as Snow Leopard OS sleeps, and resumes even after 30 minutes perfectly!

Although, I still have a doubt. When you click on "Sleep" option in the list to make your PC sleep, the internal Hard Drive makes a very noticeable click noise, as the PC sleeps off.

But none such noise when the PC resumes. Why so? Is it ok for the hard disk in the long run? Or will it conk off soon? Awaiting replies from Meklort and rals2007.

Lastly, onevia... You lost a couple of options, and broke your sleep capability. Though, I still have my System Preferences displaying "start up automatically after power failure".

I observed that you have = NullCPUPowerManagement.kext & Disabler.kext = which should not be there if you want sleep capabilities. Try removing them both, along with the re-installing the newer 10.6x SleepEnabler using kexthelper. And revert. Don't forget to force update the kext cache before you reboot.

Regards,

Freaky Chokra

• 3 weeks later...

10.6.3 here using kakewalk 2.2. this didn't work for me unfortunately.

i was faced with the same problem as both pbear.sf and nyolc8 (have either of you two resolved this yet?). basically it will go to sleep straight away. then when i 'wake it up' via a key press, it starts up again but monitor remains asleep.

i dont think it's fully come back yet and isn't just an issue with video because my apogee duet hasn't reinitialised either (it flashes like it hasn't come back on yet).

any ideas, please?

Kernel-independent version. Controlled via boot argument in com.apple.Boot.plist or manually enterted value (pmVersion)

Credit goes to Meklort.

This is the version that works on any current version of 10.6, including 10.6.3. The kext can be disabled at bootup by specifying the pmVersion=0 flag. You can replace the 0 with any number to tell it to match with another pm version as well.

eg. (not necessary needed IMO)

pmVersion=0 (Disable SleepEnabler)

pmVersion=17 (10.6.0/1)

pmVersion=18 (10.6.2)

pmVersion=19 (10.6.3)

Ok then; I'm struggling with this mismatch issue and sleepEnabler for about a week right now; end up with I replace my board from Intel DG31PR to ASUSP5QL-EPU with same processor Intel Core 2 Duo E7400;

Now I understand that the issue is due to these kext; I'm using DVD from Leohazard; there were no option on to install these kext during installation; Can anyone help me on how to use these kext with my DVD (Leohazard) during installation?

Thank you.