1907 replies to this topic

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
This is clearly the devils work!! :)

Here's where I've got to with GigaByte ICH9-R DSDT Attached File  DSDT21_10_09.dsl.zip   13.08KB   33 downloads

<EDIT> - this is my SmBus device from lspci , so I presume I need the device id patched
[codebox]00:1f.3 "0c05" "8086" "2930" -r02 "1458" "5001"
[/codebox]
Also Jmicron PATA devices removed
</EDIT>

I've got who knows how many compile errors to work through - any pointers appreciated!

Main areas of mess are SATA device and PCI0 device ..

I'm the first to admit - half my problem is I've bumbled in without fully understanding and have picked and copied from others. Too many things - not enough time, cest la vie!

Anywhos, I need sleep - Many happy returns to the young lady Chief :chef:

D

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

<EDIT> - this is my SmBus device from lspci , so I presume I need the device id patched

00:1f.3 "0c05" "8086" "2930" -r02 "1458" "5001"
</EDIT>

Yep. pci8086,2930 -> pci8086,3a30

I'm the first to admit - half my problem is I've bumbled in without fully understanding and have picked and copied from others. Too many things - not enough time, cest la vie!

But then again we all did :)

Anywhos, I need sleep - Many happy returns to the young lady Chief :P
D

Thank you! And sleep tight, while I try to clean up some more stuff for GB peeps.

Can't see any major problems with it, boots just fine for me. Looks like you still have some more modifications to do.

Pssst. You too! Just kidding. Anyway. Here's another large block waiting for removal: LNKA through LNK1. Also remove the BUFA and BUFB plus that CreateWordField (BUFB, One, IRQV)

@ Master Chief

Wishing you daughter a Very Happy Birthday! & God Bless.

I know you're pressed for time but if at all possible please do look into the DSDT, I promise not to push any more. This is just a sincere heartfelt request.
As for my BIOS it is F10 & the only mod is AHCI module version 1.20E, because the older one 1.07 was notoriously slow to boot. No other Mod. Latest is F11e, which, though official, is still beta. I am waiting for it to release before updating.

Have a nice time with your family. (Oh! reminds me - my son turns 8 in exactly a week! Holy moly - how time flies!)

/Edit
The newest suggestions implemented in DSDT apparently work but my sleep is broken. System goes to sleep all right but does not wake. Lights & Fans come on but display remains off.

Thank you very much William!

And about that display problem. Does it help when you switch the monitor off and then back on again?

If not use diff -uw working.dsl broken.dsl to see what changed, because I cannot possibly know what people have done, or not. But here's a first tip: Start by checking method _WAK and _PRT (in this order) because you'll find the error there.

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Hi again! Just want to check one thing:

I've got Legacy kexts in /Extra/Extensions, and IIRC I've been able to see them when I run kextstat | grep Legacy. Now I don't. Does this mean they aren't loaded at all?

These kexts include LegacyHDA, but also LegacyAGPM and LegacyACPI_SMC_PP.

kextstat | grep AppleIntel gives me only one CPU-type though (Penryn), and the SMbus devices are there, three of them. This shows that SBUS and EC are working correctly, right?

I'm just a bit confused, please unconfuse me. :rolleyes:

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
If legacy kexts weren't loading, you would not see the SMBus devices in kextstat and your audio wouldn't work.

yeehaa

yeehaa

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Pssst. You too! Just kidding. Anyway. Here's another large block waiting for removal: LNKA through LNK1.

@Chief: this is because the PIC mode has been removed, right?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

@Chief: this is because the PIC mode has been removed, right?

Spot on!

Hi again! Just want to check one thing:

I've got Legacy kexts in /Extra/Extensions, and IIRC I've been able to see them when I run kextstat | grep Legacy. Now I don't. Does this mean they aren't loaded at all?

These kexts include LegacyHDA, but also LegacyAGPM and LegacyACPI_SMC_PP.

kextstat | grep AppleIntel gives me only one CPU-type though (Penryn), and the SMbus devices are there, three of them. This shows that SBUS and EC are working correctly, right?

I'm just a bit confused, please unconfuse me. :)

What Beerkex'd said. And look at the index of kextstat and note the missing numbers... guess what :rolleyes:

William Parker

William Parker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
@ Master Chief

Well I'm pretty close to throwing in the towel here unless some kind soul steps in to un-greek this thread.

@ keeza

Friend long time no see.

@mm67

Tried to follow your stripped 3 dsl but got lost. Attaching the last dsl I managed to patch properly & found working. Will be grateful if you could have a peek & if possible mod it.

Thank you all. :hysterical:

Attached Files

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

look at the index of kextstat and note the missing numbers... guess what ;)

Aahaa! :(

THX

THX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Can't see any major problems with it, boots just fine for me. Looks like you still have some more modifications to do.

Thanks! :(
I've stripped a USB device sections (EHCI, UHCI, UHC1-6) as you did in you dsdt - works for me now. But with other devices, such as EC, SBUS i'm totally stuck. IORegistryExplorer show me PX43 device under PCI0@0 section, seems it's a SBUS (i can rename PX43 to SBUS). I've tried to rename it according to you last stripped dsdt version, but lost IEEE1394 :)

Attached File  dsdt_v.1.12.zip   12.39KB   7 downloads

iSoprano

iSoprano

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Could someone help me in letting me know what is my address for graphics card

lspci o/p

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation G94 [GeForce 9600 GT] [10de:0622] (rev a1)

i.e. what should I put here

Device (POP2)
{
Name (_ADR, ?????????????)
}

Spot on!

What Beerkex'd said. And look at the index of kextstat and note the missing numbers... guess what :D

@chief, looks like more drivers are being loaded...it is good isn't it?

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

lspci o/p

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation G94 [GeForce 9600 GT] [10de:0622] (rev a1)

Device (POP2)
{
}

Look for device PEGP in this.
Attached File  dsdt.dsl.zip   8.78KB   40 downloads

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

lspci o/p

Device (POP2)
{
}

Device (PEGP)            {                Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)                Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)                {                    Return (0x0F)                }                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)                {                    Return (Package (0x02)                    {                        0x09,                         0x05                    })                }                Device (GFX0)                {                    Name (_ADR, Zero)                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                    {                        Store (Package (0x18)                            {                                "@0,compatible",                                 Buffer (0x0B)                                {                                    "NVDA,NVMac"                                },                                 "@0,device_type",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    "display"                                },                                 "@0,name",                                 Buffer (0x0F)                                {                                    "NVDA,Display-A"                                },                                 "@1,compatible",                                 Buffer (0x0B)                                {                                    "NVDA,NVMac"                                },                                 "@1,device_type",                                 Buffer (0x08)                                {                                    "display"                                },                                 "@1,name",                                 Buffer (0x0F)                                {                                    "NVDA,Display-B"                                },                                 "NVCAP",                                 Buffer (0x18)                                {                                    /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0B, 0x00,                                     /* 0008 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07,                                     /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "NVPM",                                 Buffer (0x1C)                                {                                    /* 0000 */    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,                                     /* 0008 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,                                     /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,                                     /* 0018 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                },                                 "VRAM,totalsize",                                 Buffer (0x04)                                {                                    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40                                },                                 "device_type",                                 Buffer (0x0D)                                {                                    "NVDA,Parent"                                },                                 "model",                                 Buffer (0x17)                                {                                    "nVidia GeForce 9500 GT"                                },                                 "rom-revision",                                 Buffer (0x2B)                                {                                    "nVidia GeForce 9500 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]"                                }                            }, Local0)                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                        Return (Local0)                    }                }            }

THX

THX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Whoops... i've continued to stripping my dsdt and get kernel panic on system boot. Can somebody be so kind to look into this :thumbsup_anim:

Attached File  dsdt.dsl.zip   9.93KB   1 downloads

Matthew L.

Matthew L.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Hmm, I could finally catch up on patching. Well, everything mentioned so far is done, but I'm having sound assertion errors at boot, which are related to mikey:
10/22/09 6:01:10 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 == mMikeyInterruptSource" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleMikeyDriver/AppleMikeyACPI.cpp" at line 260 goto Exit10/22/09 6:01:10 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleMikeyDriver/AppleMikeyI2C.cpp" at line 197 goto handler10/22/09 6:01:10 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "mMikeyReceiverFound && 0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleMikeyDriver/AppleMikeyI2C.cpp" at line 247 goto Exit10/22/09 6:01:10 PM	kernel	Sound assertion "0 != readRegisters ( (UInt8*)&mRegisterCache )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-174.1.1/AppleMikeyDriver/AppleMikeyI2C.cpp" at line 104 goto handler

Anyone has a clue?
I've attached my dsdt.dsl, which should be mostly identical to the current dsdt in post 1.

Thanks Master Chief, iSoprano, and mm67 for discovering great things!

Update: Auto-sleep is dead, too! I'm seeing constant HDD-led blinks, which indicates that OS X is sniffing the drive for something by a pre-defined repeat interval. (And no, I'm not using a TSSTCorp drive.)

Attached Files

ccg

ccg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
@ Master Chief

My motherboard is a Giga-Byte EP45-DS3R (ICH10). I have a modified DSDT will all of the necessary mods for SL (HPET, CMOS reset, RTC, etc.) with EHCI, video, audio, LAN fixes.

After reading this thread, I am really confused.

Please, if you can find the time to review my DSDT and make the necessary changes.

Thanks very much,
ccg

Attached Files

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts
After a couple of days reading (trying to learn) an testing I have managed to complete the USB part of this guide. So I am now looking for the next part of this, which I guess will be Speedstepping, cleaning up my current DSDT, and anything else I can gather from here.

But out of interest, I have just thrown iSoprano's DSDT - Update 3, from the front page, at my system and it works great (apart from the orange icons which I can fix), with speedstepping too. But that is built for his ICH9 system? I am surprised it works as I thought DSDT's should be tailored for each individual system and I shouldn't really use anybody else's.. Maybe I am wrong?

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,874 posts
Hi, i used the latest (22/10/2009) dsdt from post one on my GA-EP-35 DS3, Modell iMac5,1
No problems compared to my also working own dsdt.

But main thing i want to fix wasnt fixed : SLEEP does not work !!!!
PC try to shut down but fans + mainboards stays on (10.5.8, vanilla).
I dont think its an usb/ehci problem, because same with my own dsdt and that worked until 10.5.7.
Also no usb/ehci probs to see in the system.log (not with yours / not with mine).

HINT: I would excude the C-States+Pstates CPU part of all shared dsdt.aml !!!
If someone has an complete different CPU (not Q6600) at least non voodoopower based (better)speedstep(=Pstate) tools like Mark-i, which uses AHCI or vodoopower based with UseAHCI flag may produce KPs by wrong Volts/Pstate settings . Same can happen if using AppleIntelCPUPM (=Cstate)!!

I used my own Ctstate+Pstate part from my C2D and all working - excpet SLEEP.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,008 posts
Hi mitch_de

With my own DSDT, sleep, auto sleep, USB, EHCI, UHCI worked fine. And with the tweaks from the 1st part of this thread (Master Chief's USB fixes) I could wake my system with a mouse & keyboard.

Surprisingly (because it's for a EP35-DS3) iSoprano's DSDT also gives me the same features, although I added to the Device (SATA) section with this fix. (It has already been mentioned, except for Device (PRIM), in this thread by xopher).
Device (SATA)            {                Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                {                    Store (Package (0x02)                        {                            "device-id",                             Buffer (0x04)                            {                                0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00                            }                        }, Local0)                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                    Return (Local0)                }            }

My SMBIOS currently has SMproductname set to MacPro1,1. But I did read in this thread that Master Chief aims to build his DSDT's to be as close as possible to a MacPro3,1. So Maybe I can look at changing that.

But I take your point that iSoprano uses a Q6600 and I use E7300 which are completely different. I don't want to cause any damage to my system (is that a possibility?). So I will use his DSDT for comparison purposes to continue building mine with.

milanca

milanca

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Ripped out a little too much? Here's mine:

30	2 0x555fd000 0x3000	 0x2000	 com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily (1.1) <5 4 3>
   67	0 0x5ca45000 0x2000	 0x1000	 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusPCI (1.0.2d0) <14 5 4 3>
   79	0 0x5536a000 0x9000	 0x8000	 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController (1.0.2d0) <30 14 13 5 4 3>
Concentrate on the Devices SBUS/EC for a starter.

Thanks Master Chief :wacko: Not too much, more likely didn't add everything. Fixed all of it so far.

Here is the smbus stat
28	2 0xffffff7f80713000 0x2000	 0x2000	 com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily (1.1) <5 4 3>
55	0 0xffffff7f80885000 0x2000	 0x2000	 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusPCI (1.0.2d0) <9 5 4 3>
64	0 0xffffff7f80ff6000 0xb000	 0xb000	 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController (1.0.2d0) <28 9 8 5 4 3>

Thanks for your help bud, i really appreciate it. Latest hint was really great, removing all the PIC bytes, PICM,PIC1-5 and _PRT returns only APIC code. Got rid of IFs there, BUF and entire section LNKA-F, LNK0-1 required for PIC; and with previous tweaks OSFL, _INI methods my compiled .aml is ~13kb. I also removed bunch of unneeded devices like floppy, parallel, serial, mem, etc. System works just fine so far including sleep and wake.

Higher CPU temp. problem remained. I think speedstepping code is wrong, or something related to it (it used to work fine before these new tweaks, its the same code from iSoprano). Now bottom multiplier sits at x7 instead of x6, Q6600 native are x6 and x9.

@mitch_de,

i also tried iSoprano dsdt and it worked fine for me except the sleep. His board is an L variant so it works for him but doesn't work on our board, EP35-DS3. I managed to get it sleep and wake with Master Chief's tweaks, actually even some more than just sleep/wake, getting closer to MacPro3,1. Here is my latest DSDT.

Attached Files

Master Chief

Master Chief

Just Chief

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

@ Master Chief

Well I'm pretty close to throwing in the towel here unless some kind soul steps in to un-greek this thread.

Repeat after me: "I will NOT quit". And again: "I will NOT quit".

p.s. I am busy with follow ups, so I'm afraid that I don't have time for this at the moment. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy