• Please log in to reply
1780 replies to this topic

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I wanted upload a .3gp video to show you my notebook working but "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"...video are not permitted or is for .3gp?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
put it in .zip or upload to a diferent site. with link

darwinx. the likely reason for the 120% is with the SX42 and SX12 is the return to SMIX. seems we have already 8 or 16 bit (not sure of the bits but its not declared as standard acpi . hidden away in SX42)

slice had the formula for the SX## entries in dell (has to do with SMI and the way it uses varibles)

Method (SX42, 0, NotSerialized)
    {
	    Store (SXX2, Local0)
	    Add (Local0, 0x04, Local0)
	    If (LLessEqual (Local0, SizeOf (SXX0)))
	    {
		    CreateDWordField (SXX0, SXX2, SX22)
		    Store (Local0, SXX2)
		    Return (SX22)
	    }
	    Return (Zero)
    }

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
thank you LatinMcG...what onour, Ive read and learned a lot from your posts...thank you for your work.
here is the video

Attached Files

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
oh im no super hackintosher.. just a lil more into little details.

is that lion? nice i think the m1330 and inspiron 1520 have minor issues.

is your RTC 2 parts or only one ? (original 2parts or moded 1 with 0x70 no 0x72)

what chameleon svn u using ?

after sleep when u restart dell screen takes long ( normal)

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
To be onest you are the queen of the forum without doubt.
Well, my english is not the best so I sometime don't understand somethings, in fact When you speak about RTC in one or two parts I don't understand, are you speaking about AppleRTC.kext? If not where i find the information you want? explain in detail and I will verify
yes it is lion 10.7.2, the m1530 was the red product but I don't liked that red so I painted all black the cover but it's that model
chameleon svn 1700 in the post on page 51 I've upload also screenshot of my configuration on chameleon panel
After sleep the restart takes a long time? (is this the question?)...It don't seems to me a long time

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
the rtc parts is in dsdt. i see the m1530 doesnt take long to post after sleep reboot. my 1520 does.

queen ? uhh i dont bitch that much.. maybe king.. (but im not as grumpy as him :jester: )
ok settled knight in notso shiny armor

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
AHAHAHAH sorry!!!!! I supposed "latin mac girl" AHAHAH sorry !!only now I see gender male Oh my God!!!really sorry AHAHAH
about the DSDT it's the on pg 52 in my zip. I didn't it I taken on this forum and It's that pubblished some page before.
AHAHAH Ican't believe in my error...well It's a funny error

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

darwinx. the likely reason for the 120% is with the SX42 and SX12 is the return to SMIX. seems we have already 8 or 16 bit (not sure of the bits but its not declared as standard acpi . hidden away in SX42)

slice had the formula for the SX## entries in dell (has to do with SMI and the way it uses varibles)

Incorrect battery percentage displayed in the menu bar isn't a major issue as it only occurs with the iStat Menus app and not with the Apple's native battery menu.

By the way, in case that you were somehow unaware, the impaired sleep functionality in our rigs is completely reversed by the Lion's AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.4.0 rollback to Snow Leopard's AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.3.5. Of course, this rollback is not advisable as it is not an optimal solution to this ongoing issue with the new generation of the AppleACPIPlatform.

Wanna Hack

Wanna Hack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Incorrect battery percentage displayed in the menu bar isn't a major issue as it only occurs with the iStat Menus app and not with the Apple's native battery menu.

By the way, in case that you were somehow unaware, the impaired sleep functionality in our rigs is completely reversed by the Lion's AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.4.0 rollback to Snow Leopard's AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.3.5. Of course, this rollback is not advisable as it is not an optimal solution to this ongoing issue with the new generation of the AppleACPIPlatform.

Thanks everyone for input with the sleep issue. The system is currently running flawlessly as MBP5,3 (raimdal, I agree that the system is running cooler), with the roll back of AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Optimal or not, functionality and stability of the system trumps slight inconvenience for me. Rolling back this kext is no more troublesome than installing VoodooHDA for sound.

DarwinX, could you provide some insight into "the new generation of the AppleACPIPlatform" or direct us to an external link? Is there a possibility that this power management could be incorporated into the DSDT?

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Because of my english it's not good I'm not shure if you say it's better or not...It seems to me that you say it's better...If so I'm happy for you.
I have , a good news but I will test better in the next days, Today the nc10 netbook of a friend of mine it's dead and he give to me the wwan samsung y3100, I had read in topics on this netbook that it doesn't work but that netbook was related to leopard...so I've inserted the card without any hope...but look at the picture...I think it's working but now I don't have the possibility to test with the sim because I have not money enough on the sim...I'm waiting to see my girl-friend who have an internet-key wind..I think it's working like I see...but I'll wait to connect really..If the test will be positive I will tell you so you can insert into the list of hardware working out of the box. I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this news, in that case can you move this post in the right place? thank you

Attached Files

DontCallMe

DontCallMe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi @ all,

first i wanna say thx for this great thread which helped me allot to configure my m1530 to work with snow leopard.
After nearly 2 month of work i've nearly solved all problems which came along with the installation. But my last problem is the clamshell and restart option which does'nt work properly.

Everytime when i close the lid the system goes down, but wont come up. It looks like, that snow leopard overides the bios settings and can't find the entry to start osx. Anyone has an idea?

I've installed 10.6.2 via ##### and #####. Updated to 10.6.8 and everything works fine. I compiled a DSDT with no nVidea (but all other patches mentioned on the first site of this thread) settings and enabled the Graphicsoptions in Chameleon.

Ehm and i'am using a little modified MacBookPro5,1 smbios.

Hardware is:
DELL m1530 with 4GB RAM, C2D 2.1GHz, nVidea 8600m gt

Maybe someone can help me...

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
i been noticing 2gb to 4gb ram difference in reliable wake (recently i got 2 sticks of 2gb each)

DontCallMe

DontCallMe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
In my system the amount of RAM makes no difference in reliability.

DontCallMe

DontCallMe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok, Problem is nearly solved.
I removed the Evoreboot.kext and set the uuid. Now the restart work, but not when the lid will be opened.
The boot sequence of the notebook (hardware not osx) doesnt works correctly.

Greetz

BTW: Does anyone knows how to install snow leo on an usb stick with a working bootloader?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Ok, Problem is nearly solved.
I removed the Evoreboot.kext and set the uuid. Now the restart work, but not when the lid will be opened.
The boot sequence of the notebook (hardware not osx) doesnt works correctly.

Greetz

BTW: Does anyone knows how to install snow leo on an usb stick with a working bootloader?

disk utility.. partition and set GUID.. then restore the .dmg to it. then install chameleon2.1 pkg to it and add /Extra/fakesmc and /Extra/dsdt.aml and smbios.plist

DontCallMe

DontCallMe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thx for ur reply, but i want to install osx on a stick not only the image of the install dvd.

BTW: I installed the retail dvd as u described, but it can't find the dsdt.aml during boot sequence.
Is it case sensitive?

Greetz

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
yes . it could also need it in the org.Chameleon.boot.plsit

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
samsung y3100 works out of the box in lion... :)

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

samsung y3100 works out of the box in lion... :)

ahh wwan mobile broadband device. nice

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
yes!!! have looking for a trackpad panel in 64bit, but the panel -working- open in 32 bit...someone on kexts com say his system is 32 bit and the panel open in 64, mine is in 64bit mode but the same panel open in 32...strange...well it's working it's not a problem but strange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy