Asus P6T SE Retail Snow Leopard Installation Guide [FLASHDRIVE] [UPDATED JUN. 28]]

tweak41

1,279 posts in this topic

On Thursday/Friday when I get home I promise to do an update to this guide that includes the latest kexts that I'm using. This one has stuff that isn't even necessary anymore for a good stable system. Plus the update has a kext for CPU injection and also has a better DSDT.aml file and properly does speed stepping. I've been testing it for a while on my system and I'm happy with the results. I just need to stop being lazy. :)

10.6.2 works perfectly for me with the two kexts netkas provided in his post about updating.

As far as sound is concerned, if you're a P6T SE user then it's just a matter of copying over the necessary dependencies inside your audio kext(s). I'll explain this tomorrow. Look for an update here.

tweak 41

THANK man, I knew I can count on Your good will and knowledge

I was waiting for Your reply

I'm a p6t deluxe v1, user, but till now everything worked like a charm(diferences bettwen p6t se and p6t deluxe are :in the sas controler, and the heatstickpipes, and the lan, mine has 2, p6tse one)

That's why everything is almost the same, and I can confirm , that Your p6t se files, worked on my configuration

flawless

THANKS again

For those wno want to update to 10.6.2, Remove SleepEnabler.kext if you use it, this is very important step, old sleepenabler + new kernel = panic.This from NETKAS

I've missed this part, althought I've read the isnstruction several times, but mind is one that reads, not the eyes.

That's way i get KP, i was forced to use kernel 10.6.1

I know is late, but somebody can find this usable.

fc bayern:

That's why I said to read and follows netkas' instructions. -_-

yes sir working like a mo fo even had time to sort out my graphics card

just need to figure out how to activate the open gl {shizzle} at 1080p and reactivating 64 bit other than that im bubbling like aero and wispa lol ;):P

sorted the open gl if you have a 9400gt video card check my link

yes sir working like a mo fo even had time to sort out my graphics card

just need to figure out how to activate the open gl {shizzle} at 1080p and reactivating 64 bit other than that im bubbling like aero and wispa lol :(:)

Anyone having any SATA timeout issues? I've got 2 SATA drives connected to ports 1 and 2 and then a SATA DVD drive on 3.

When set for AHCI I get "SERIAL ATAPI: device reconfiguration did not complete succesfully" over and over and beachballs.

I'd fixed this a while ago using Enhanced IDE in BIOS instead of AHCI and some additional KEXTs in E/E, but now I can't find the thread, and I rebuilt Chameleon and it's bust again.

Anyone having any SATA timeout issues? I've got 2 SATA drives connected to ports 1 and 2 and then a SATA DVD drive on 3.

When set for AHCI I get "SERIAL ATAPI: device reconfiguration did not complete succesfully" over and over and beachballs.

I'd fixed this a while ago using Enhanced IDE in BIOS instead of AHCI and some additional KEXTs in E/E, but now I can't find the thread, and I rebuilt Chameleon and it's bust again.

Nevermind, went back to the original DSDT.aml as provided in the essentials package, and things seem to be fine.

Nevermind, went back to the original DSDT.aml as provided in the essentials package, and things seem to be fine.

glad so your on the new firmware with the old mach_kernel i presume?

do you know anything about getting open gl to work on a 9400 nvidia card? if not sorry to ask but glad you git it to work any way just have to wait for the brother to bless us wit the kext

Tweak41

Don't be to lazy Man

Update Your guide

We are all waiting on You

lol ive been checking back as well patience is a virtue for monks and punks lol

nah just have to wait it out what do we expect its the wekend he propbably with his chick/children/can of stella/ we have to be considerate................

aye whilst your waiting have you had a gander at dynamic wallpapers if you have could you recomend any other tips or tweaks??

google wallsaver and onzinlab

Sorry for such a dumb question but, I can't seem to find the sleepenabler.kext anywhere, it's not in the Extensions folder so I'm not sure where else it could be. I'm a big fan of the Mac OS but I'm still learning the in's and out's. This is also my first hackintosh so I'm getting used to the change in structures.

For those wno want to update to 10.6.2, Remove SleepEnabler.kext if you use it, this is very important step, old sleepenabler + new kernel = panic.This from NETKAS

I've missed this part, althought I've read the isnstruction several times, but mind is one that reads, not the eyes.

That's way i get KP, i was forced to use kernel 10.6.1

I know is late, but somebody can find this usable.

How to Remove SleepEnabler.kext?

Can you teach me?

Thank u!

Tweak41

Don't be to lazy Man

Update Your guide

We are all waiting on You

Yes

I'm waiting too

:)

fxckingood= What is Your configuration???

If You have a working Leopard or a Windows 7(or vista), it should take a snitch in order to remove sleepenabler .kext

Also, how do You boot Your OSX Snow, is the bootloader on the HD, or EFI, or external media.

If You have a working Leopard or a Windows 7(or vista), it should take a snitch in order to remove sleepenabler .kext

Also, how do You boot Your OSX Snow, is the bootloader on the HD, or EFI, or external media.

until the brother comes back heres what i did to sort mine out p6t se only

no tweaks as i aint that deep in the game

BOOT LOADER ON EFI PARTITION ON THE HARD DRIVE

what you will need

Ω osx 10.6.1 enviroment (hopefully you are looking at this with it already)

Ω OSX86tools {http://code.google.com/p/osx86tools/}

Ω kernel helper b7 {http://mac.wareseeker.com/Utilities/kext-helper-b7.zip/e5d257f51}

Ω the brothers audio files if your rolling with the p6t se (search and you will find )

Ω nullcpupm and the sleep enabler the new one {here http://netkas.org/?p=315}

make sure you have all on desktop as should speed this up looking at 10 mins in total

ok lets go

to locate kext go via

finder/drive where osx is installed from here on called "osx" /system/library/extensions

throw out applecpumanagement (cant rememeber the name as i dint have it any more)

and the other one that ends in applecpuclient"client"

only if you if you have the nullcpumanagement

also get if your in 10.6.1 back up your kernels with osx86 after the above make a new folder on osx and call it kern

backup your extensions with the same tools

back up your mach_kernel.backup on your efi partition and on you main partition where the osx is ( just to make sure)

update but dont reboot go back via finder/osx/ system/ blahblah back to the kext and again take out the sleep one and the applecpu ones (if youhave null management)

use osx86 to repair the permissions once done

restart then boot back in but type in mach_kernel.backup -v -f ( just to see if there is a panic)

if you get a panic try typing in arch=i386 (to boot into 32bit mode) also throw in the mach_kernel.backup -v -f -x just to see why it panics again

hopefully you should be in

check the kext ( if in safemode and delete sleep if it creaped in and the applecpumanagement /client)

then you will need to reassin the new sleepenabler and the audio kext provided by the brother with the kext enabler just pop em in and then put in your password then press enter hope this helps

then with osx86tool repair the permissions again.. reboot and you should be jiggy

if not send me a pm as im not on this forum frequently as im still trying to get my 64 working with this new os update

keep getting display panics and the extensions.kext wont build with the kext utility 64......

peace out enjoy the rest of your weekend

my pc is i7 920 /p6t se /9800T /SL10.6.1

the bootloader is on the HD

i failed to update 10.6.2

can u teach me step by step?

sorry my english is not good

:thanks_speechbubble:

Don't worry about that.

I update to 10.6.2 od a second try.

Here You go :

1.Find on the net(google) SuperDuper 2.62 , program to make a bootable backup from Your working Snow(You should have one spare partition, as big as Your Snow files).This step is very important to have Your working Sow backuped, as something goes wrong, You still have Your 10.6.1. Also We may use the mach_kernel from 10.6.1, depends on Your results after the update, so You must back up Your System.

2.If You have sleepenabler.kext in Your /Extra/Extensions or in /System/Library/Extensions, remove it now in order to upgrade to 10.6.2, and if the sleep was workong for You, put back the sleepenabler.kext from Netkas after the upgrade to 10.6.2, if not , dont bother to put it back

3.Also, if You were using NullCPUmanagment, replace it with one from Netkas.

4.Alo replace the fakesms , just for security reasons with one from Netkas.Also You should build up new extensions.mkext in order to tell the System the changes You've made (this is for the kext. in Your Extra/Extensions folder, for the kexts in S/L/E, the Snow makes the changes itself)

5.AFter replacing the kexts with the new one from Netkas,reboot the system to make the nessasary changes. also You can go to disk utility and hit repair permissions, just fo r security reasons.

5.Now hit the upgrade button, and follow the procedure, everything should went fine.

6.Your sound will not work, but You have above the audio kext from Tweak 41

Post back the results here