wackou

wackou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi !

First,thanks for your great driver !

Now,did you try to enable QE ? I think that is hard to writte something like that =s

Maybe you can try to make a "fake",MacOSX view capable graphic card etc....beacuse i search how to lauch final cut studio before make a real Hackintsoh =D

Thans for reply !

Wackou

ArgVega

ArgVega

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Hello I was also wondering if it would be possible to add the 1366x768 resolution.

I was looking through the source code and all I found was it needed to be added to the modes.cpp

7, 1366, 768, kDisplayModeValidFlag | kDisplayModeSafeFlag,

but I'm afraid thats not it, because I think the 1st num is the mode id which tells the driver how to map it. does anyone have any ideas how to add support for this mode?

thanks for any help

adamsweeting

adamsweeting

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
Have you tried booting with the resolution specified in the boot plist? Or by entering in graphics mode bootflags?

ArgVega

ArgVega

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
yes that was my first try, but when it booted it didn't expand the guest screen size and it was all distorted like a graphics drive error.

I didn't know if it was due to 1366x768 being 14:9 and the original driver had it set to 4:3, I will try later today, but I didn't know if it had to be coded into the driver itself.

Do you know how to add that resolution to the driver?

EDIT:

Did not work, reverted back to the selected resolution which was 1280x768, it seems it must be coded into the driver itself.

Any ideas, I have tried comparing the previous versions but the only place I find the different resolutions is in the modes.cpp

ArgVega

ArgVega

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I did a little bit more searching and believe that resolutions are indeed added in the modes.cpp, would anybody who has xcode working possibly wanna try adding this line in the modes.cpp and recompiling?

X, 1366, 768, kDisplayModeValidFlag | kDisplayModeSafeFlag,

X is whatever number you wanna insert in, the current build has 21 modes so it can be inserted anywhere from 1 to 22..

If someone can verify if this is true, I would but do not have xcode on my machine.

please let me know if someone wants to collaborate to add more supported resolutions

ozl

ozl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
ok im using a prebuilt image from osx 86 10.6.2 on vmware, video and audio work fine even on quicktime all mp4 and some .avi, if this patch is to enable video on vmware, my question is if there is nothing useful for me here?

MSoK

MSoK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

ok im using a prebuilt image from osx 86 10.6.2 on vmware, video and audio work fine even on quicktime all mp4 and some .avi, if this patch is to enable video on vmware, my question is if there is nothing useful for me here?

The driver is an enhanced driver compared to the standard VMware offering, if you can do everthing you want with the standard driver, stick with it, or try Zenth432's drivers and if it does not give you anything extra or better, then revert to the standrd driver.

mweichert

mweichert

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

Does anyone know if this helps with viewing movies in quicktime and/or itunes? I'd like to use my macosx VM for everyday use.

Thanks,
Mike

MSoK

MSoK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Hi,

Does anyone know if this helps with viewing movies in quicktime and/or itunes? I'd like to use my macosx VM for everyday use.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
If your Host OS supports Quicktime and iTunes directly, as in Windows, why would would you want to run them under a guestOS. If an application is OS X specific then fair enough, but otherwise the overhead is significant, especially graphics intensive applications. Sorry if I am missing the point, MSoK.

qreed

qreed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Thank you! Great work!

My VM is sooo much faster with this driver. Would love to see an auto resize in the future.

This forum has helped this MacNoob alot.

IcyTexx

IcyTexx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Thank you for this driver so much...
The window movement is sleek now, although the dock animation is still kinda slow when you click on Applications.

Would like to see auto resize in the future.

ArgVega

ArgVega

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
^^^^ Install guest fit patch, and autoresize will do.

qreed

qreed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

^^^^ Install guest fit patch, and autoresize will do.

Thanks!

diegovar

diegovar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Where can I get this autofit patch?

MSoK

MSoK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Where can I get this autofit patch?

The link to the auto-fit guests for VMware tools "guestd_patches.pkg" from Zenith432 is at the link below:

http://sourceforge.n.../vmsvga2/files/

diegovar

diegovar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
When I open that file I'm asked if I want to install 2 packages relating to VMWare Fusion, but I'm using VMware Workstation, and when I install the video driver I lose the functionality of auto-fitting to guest. If I install those packages in guestd_patches.pkg will I recover that functionality?

Thanks

Diego

luckman212

luckman212

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
I really want to play OIDS inside my SL 10.6 vm running on a Win7 x64 host.
is it possible?? requires opengl ......
Posted Image

Zenith432

Zenith432

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 420 posts
Update:

I've uploaded a new version of guestd_patches.pkg in the files area of VMsvga2 on Sourceforge. It contains a patch for the VMware Darwin Tools that come with Fusion 3.1.0 (shipped May 25 2010), to make fit-guest work with VMsvga2.

MSoK

MSoK

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Update:

I've uploaded a new version of guestd_patches.pkg in the files area of VMsvga2 on Sourceforge. It contains a patch for the VMware Darwin Tools that come with Fusion 3.1.0 (shipped May 25 2010), to make fit-guest work with VMsvga2.

Zenith432, Glad to have you back and on the case, Best Regards MSoK.

luckman212

luckman212

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Update:

cool, awesome news, nice to see you back too Zenith!
where can I download the iso of vmware tools for darwin 3.1.0? i have already installed vmware workstation 7.1 but it does not seem to come with the new darwin iso....

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy