88 replies to this topic

Breathless

Breathless

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Someone please tell me the following:

Where are you specifically getting the NVCAP data for your cards? I don't know what to put for my 6800 GT AGP.

Do you just use "DSDT Patcher" and copy and paste this DSDT code into it?

Thanks

banini_jeque:

Where did you look for _ADR, 0x00010000? In the extracted/patched dsdt.dsl ?

This is also what I need to know, and whether or not my device would be PCI0 or PCI1 (how do I find that out?)

banini_jeque

banini_jeque

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Someone please tell me the following:

Where are you specifically getting the NVCAP data for your cards? I don't know what to put for my 6800 GT AGP.

Do you just use "DSDT Patcher" and copy and paste this DSDT code into it?

Thanks

This is also what I need to know, and whether or not my device would be PCI0 or PCI1 (how do I find that out?)

Yeah, I searched for it in the .dsl file, and I also looked in IORegistryExplorer in 10.5 to see which device the graphics card was under, just to be sure.

You need iaslme + any good text editor (bbedit), or dsdtse by itself to get into heavy dsdt mods. dsdt patcher can't do this stuff I don't think.

For the nvcap I didn't have an extracted rom to use with nvcap maker, so I checked NVCAP Explained and made one up and it worked great.

Breathless

Breathless

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Also, is this DSDT mod instead of the EFI Strings? Or in addition to?

Basically, should I remove my EFI String for my 6800 GT AGP before rebooting after applying the DSDT patch?

banini_jeque

banini_jeque

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Also, is this DSDT mod instead of the EFI Strings? Or in addition to?

Basically, should I remove my EFI String for my 6800 GT AGP before rebooting after applying the DSDT patch?

Yep.

what do you think , is it also possible for Geforce 5200 AGP 128MB ??( i am a newbie)

I don't know if the 5200 uses the NV40 kext. If it does, give it a shot.

Breathless

Breathless

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Does anyone know of any DSDT guides SPECIFICALLY for GPU's?

jarodsix

jarodsix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

banini_jeque:

Where did you look for _ADR, 0x00010000? In the extracted/patched dsdt.dsl ?

jarodsix:

You have a P4 SSE2 only and SL? How's that working for you? Which kernel (mod) do you use? Do you have hanging processes? Does installer work? Does Safari work for you?

ad ADR - use DSDTSE from osx86.es - extract dsdt table, then search for 0x00010 and the rest should be self-explanatory.

ad P4 - it is actually celeron SSE2 3 GHz. Installer havent tried, Safari works. It is VIA chipset, USB2.0 (ehci) does not work (freeze on plug-in). Errors on Realtek 8139 nic. AGP GPU nvidia 6200 stutters from time to time. Too problematic chipset (it was much better with 10.5).

kernel is from http://nawcom.com/os...Kernels/10.0.0/ (i guess qoopz based kernel for legacy CPU)

Breathless

Breathless

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

It is VIA chipset, USB2.0 (ehci) does not work (freeze on plug-in).

I have a VIA chipset as well with the same issue. If you manage to figure out your USB issue, please point me to the guide you followed

electrikbill

electrikbill

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

I have an AGP GeForce 6200 that worked well on Leopard with almost all of the injectors(NVdarwin, NVEnabler, NVInject, EFI Strings, etc) but on Snow Leopard it just boots on a blue screen and then the blue screen changes to a darker blue and then back to the first blue and so on. Only with NVinject I got resolution change, but not QE/CI.

I heard on #snowleopard@osx86.hu that SL doesn't support AGP, but I checked IOPCIFamily.kext(that is where the driver for AGP resides) source from darwin 10.6 and it mentions AGP support, so i don't think they dropped the AGP support.

Anyone got any success running SL with AGP VGA's?

Hey I know it's been a while since you posted this but I have the exact same problem with my Geforce 6800 gt agp in SL. Everything works fine on my Leopard partition with NVDarwin, but in SL only NVInject works and I get all res's but no QE/CI.

Did you ever find a solution to this? thanks.

Never Mind

Never Mind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
If I search for 0x00010, then the only entries I get are in the "Device (MEM)" section, as "0x00100000, // Address Length".

gfxutil -f display, gives me:
DevicePath = PciRoot(0x4)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Any other suggestions?

ad ADR - use DSDTSE from osx86.es - extract dsdt table, then search for 0x00010 and the rest should be self-explanatory.

ad P4 - it is actually celeron SSE2 3 GHz. Installer havent tried, Safari works. It is VIA chipset, USB2.0 (ehci) does not work (freeze on plug-in). Errors on Realtek 8139 nic. AGP GPU nvidia 6200 stutters from time to time. Too problematic chipset (it was much better with 10.5).

kernel is from http://nawcom.com/os...Kernels/10.0.0/ (i guess qoopz based kernel for legacy CPU)

mola78

mola78

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
...@electrikbill: Havn't found a solution. bought a new pc now and gave the old one away;-)

sgtstadanko

sgtstadanko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hi,

I have an AGP GeForce 6200 that worked well on Leopard with almost all of the injectors(NVdarwin, NVEnabler, NVInject, EFI Strings, etc) but on Snow Leopard it just boots on a blue screen and then the blue screen changes to a darker blue and then back to the first blue and so on. Only with NVinject I got resolution change, but not QE/CI.

I heard on #snowleopard@osx86.hu that SL doesn't support AGP, but I checked IOPCIFamily.kext(that is where the driver for AGP resides) source from darwin 10.6 and it mentions AGP support, so i don't think they dropped the AGP support.

Anyone got any success running SL with AGP VGA's?

Does anyone know if the DSDT patching will enable QE/CI on a 6200 PCI card (not AGP). I am having the same issue. It works fine in Leopard with NVinject but in Snow Leopard I have tried every injector/EFI string I can find. I have never done a DSDT patch and my SL install is from the myHack installer with the chocolate_kernel (older proc)

meistersinger

meistersinger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I have the following setup:

Hardware:
ECS Elitegroup GeForce6100PM-M2 mainboard (nVidia MPC 61 north- and southbridge).
AMD 64X2 5200+ CPU.
2GB DDR2 833 mHz Memory.
256 MB EVGA nVidia GeForce 6200 LE rev a1 video card in PCI-E x16 slot.
TI-based TSB43AB23 Firewire 400 card.
Generic 19" display connected to the DVI port of this card.
2 Hitachi 1TB SATA drives
1 Maxtor 500 GB SATA drive
1 Seagate 500 GB SATA drive
1 LiteOn 24x PATA DVD/CD Burner

Hazard's Snow Leopard distribution (updated to os x 10.6.3 using modbin's kernel)
Chameleon v2 (not sure of subversion)
Little Snitch v.2.2.1
ClamXAV v.2.0.5

~/Extra/com.Apple.boot.plist consists of the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CPUS</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GraphcsEnabler</key>
<string>Y</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32@75</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel.amd</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=X86PC -force64</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

How do I get QE/CI enabled with this video card?

I have tried the following:

Inserted the EFI string in ~/Extra/com.Apple.boot.plist using the string generated by EFIx Studio. (Card still will not enable QE/CI).

Inserted the proper vendor code in info.plist in ~/System/Library/ExtensionsNVDANV40Hal.kext. Removed GraphicsMode and set GraphicsEnabler to no in ~/Extra/com.Apple.boot.plist (no QE/CI)

Inserted the proper vendor code in info.plist in ~/System/Library/ExtensionsNVDANV40Hal.kext. Removed GraphicsMode and set GraphicsEnabler to yes, inserted EFI string under device-properties in ~/Extra/com.Apple.boot.plist (no QE/CI)

Installed NVDarwin from Leopard 10.5.8 (on reboot causes and Kernel Panic and Coredump)

Installed CoreVidia (which on reboot causes a kernel panic and coredump).

Kept CoreVidia and set GraphicsEnabler to N in com.apple.boot.plist. (Still get a Kernel Panic and coredump)

Kept CoreVidia, removed graphics mode directive and set the removed the -force64 directive from the boot flags and set the arch directive in kernel flags to i386 (still get a kernel panic and coredump)

Deinstalled CoreVidia and installed NVInject (may or may not cause a Kernel Panic. If no kernel panic, still no QE/CI)

Kept NVInject, set GraphicsEnabler to N in com.apple.boot.plist.(no QE/CI)

Kept NVInject, set GraphicsEnabler to Y and installed EFI string in device-properties in com.apple.boot.plist.(no QE/CI)

Denstalled NVInject, installed NVEnabler, set GraphicsEnabler to N in com.apple.boot.plist.(no QE/CI)

Kept NVInject, set GraphicsEnabler to Y and inserted EFI String under device-properties in com.apple.boot.plist.(no QE/CI)

I have not tried to modify dsdt. What do I need to change in the source code generated by fassl's DSDT Patcher (other than the CMOS Patch) to enable QE/CI, as I am now at a complete loss on what to try next

But what really has me confused :wacko: is when I reformat the hard drive and reinstall 10.6 from Hazard's distribution and I select graphics enabler and nothing else under Graphics Cards, and complete the install, the opening movie plays with no problem when the system restarts from the hard drive. I've also ran the tests recommended on Prasys' blog, with no problem. However, DVD Player and quicktime video refuse to run, which has me quite confused. :( Any suggestions?

meistersinger

piyokos

piyokos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Install NVEnabler, remove the NV50 kext, remove Geforce.kext, this at least gets me native resolution but the card is very slow, visible refresh lines, no QE/CI, can't play large videos smoothly, system profiler says it's a PCI card. By the way, I'm rockin a 128MB 6200 AGP.

I can get the same effect with NVinject.

Both work out of the box but no-go with the acceleration.

Haven't played around with the DSDT or EFI to get it working but I want to know what's up with this whole AGP fiasco.

piyokos

piyokos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Status update: DSDT patcher and the aforementioned 'working' ATY_Init.kext seems to have done the trick. Used snowleo by director A.K., no video patches on install, installed ATY_Init.kext, reboot, patch DSDT.aml with new HPET option, chameleon override to said DSDT.aml, reboot, working good with QE/CI. Only tested with VGA out. Disabled graphics enabler but I don't know if that helped (don't do it unless it doesn't work for you otherwise).

Kept everything as vanilla as possible (well, not really) since it's clear that different Nvidia drivers start battling to the death when put next to each other.

I'm using a 6200 128MB AGP on an old Abit AV8 board, booting SL 10.6 in 32-bit mode. System profiler seems to see the card as PCIE x16.

xcaliburpcs

xcaliburpcs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Geforce 6200 128Mb QE/CI, Need help

I have been trying for 2 days trying to get for this to work, I cant get it, im a noob at mac, The video card is an AGP , i used different kext but it doesnt activate QE/CI. need step by step instructions if possible.

My specs are
Motherboard ASROCK 775dual vsta
Cpu 2.80Ghz x2 dual core pentium d 915
Mem 2gigs of ddr2 pc 667mhz
Gpu Geforce 6200 agp nv44 card

This is what it says on my graphics display

Chipset Model: NV44A GeForce 6200A
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0221
Revision ID: 0x00a1
Displays:
Display Connector:
DELL 1908FP:
Resolution: 1152 x 864 @ 75 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

TOS 1.04

TOS 1.04

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Ok I've tried and i'm ether going to try 10.5 or 10.4 but i thought It might be useful to post what i have tried here:

Card: XFX nVidia GeForce 6800 XT
ID: 0x00f610de
VRAM: 256MiB
Interface: AGP
NVCAP:
0x04 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x09 0x000x06 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x070x00 0x00 0x00 0x00

I tried pcj's DSDL,
Couldn't get my own rom so extracted the nvcap from a bios file for my card that i found floating about, inserted this, changed the name, inserted into my DSDL and added the needed DTGP method that jarodsix mentioned. Compiled ok.

Now in sys profile i get the correct card information, but i've tried the vanilla kexts, tried adding my device id, tried in combination with the ATY kext whatever that is, and AGPgart (not sure whether this is needed).

All i get is ether a reset upon DSMOS arriving or a hang, sometimes a purple screen before reseting.

Any advice? or is it best just to abandon SL?

TOS 1.04

TOS 1.04

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Ok hoping that someone knows what i'm doing wrong here...

I'm trying for 10.6 for a bit longer because as far as i can tell the NVDANV40Hal.kext is loading and the card is correctly recognised in the system profile, and it doesn't say "kext not loaded" which it usually does... also the NVDANV40Hal and NVDANV50Hal kext appear as loaded in the boot sequence just before DMOS arives... I still had to actually insert my device id into the kexts to get them to load... not sure if i should have to be doing this in combination with the DSDT??

But despite all this i still have no video acceleration, no QE/QI whatever :(

So the system is a fresh vanilla 10.6.4 (other than the added device id in the geforce and NVDAN40Hal kexts)

I'm using a separate EFI partition with chameleon, this contains my modified DSDT, smbois (this came with it), the legacy kernel (CPU is SSE2), some ATA kext which i needed to boot from PATA, SMC kext, and this ATY kext which is supposed to be used in combination with this DSDT hack?

I've tried inserting the DSDT snippet under both Scope (\_SB) sections and Scope (\_SB.PCI0) sections, the system only boots when it's compiled under the Scope (\_SB) section. The other makes it reset or hang on DSMOS arriving.

Is there any kexts i need to remove from the vanilla install? any kexts i should or shouldn't have in the extra extensions directory for the DSDT hack, or is there anything i should be tweaking in my BIOS? (AGP apature size is set to 256MiB - same as card, i've tried 64MiB).

Any advice at all is appreciated.

Thanks

TOS 1.04

TOS 1.04

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Nevermind :/ this thread is dead and i give in...

10.5 it is.

will1234

will1234

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Any progress on this? I have a 256MB Geforce 6200 PCIE and an AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+ processor and nForce 405 chipset. Using nvinject atm but it does not allow me to run with proper resolution. Any ideas?

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
I dont know how you guys managed to boot to sl.

I have been trying 4 a week but still cannot get snow dvd to boot up it gets stuck b4 welcome screen :which

enabler did you use to boot into dvd????

my card is pny fx 6200 256mb

I tried the succces story from infinitemac forum i managed to boot up with a welcome screen but I get kp as soon as it start.

all i want to know is how to boot into snow dvd .

my snow dvd disk in on external usb hdd so when i install it then restart althought I put either atiinjetct or nv inject still same results stops b4 welcome screen help :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy