[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Vanilla Retail Guide for GA-P35-DS4 and other related boards

tseug

Did it work without issues?  

430 members have voted

1. 1. Install check

• Yes (GA-P35-DS4)
    • No (GA-P35-DS4)
    • Yes (Different MB)
    • No (Different MB)

785 posts in this topic

Can I install the OS X 10.6.8 supplemental update without breaking anything or is there anything that needs to be done afterwards?

The description of this update says something about fixing audio issues so I guess it includes a new audio kext-file?!

• 3 weeks later...

I have found that my sound is broken after updating to 10.6.8; I have tried the fix described above, but it has not remedied the problem. Is anyone else suffering the same pain?

GA-P35-DS4 w/2.83 quad Intel, 4GB ram, 2TB software raid (4 disks)

• 2 months later...
I have found that my sound is broken after updating to 10.6.8; I have tried the fix described above, but it has not remedied the problem. Is anyone else suffering the same pain?

GA-P35-DS4 w/2.83 quad Intel, 4GB ram, 2TB software raid (4 disks)

I had the very same problem. Fixed it by reinstalling AppleHDA Rollback in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (taken from here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/06/mac...68-update.html).

But with 10.6.8 I started having problems with waking up from sleep. It works about 4 out of 5 times I try to wake up, but sometimes the computer starts with black screen and no HDD activity and I have to hard reset computer. It might be something with sleep itself or with Nvidia driver, I have no clue. Anyone having the same problem and figured how to fix this?

Thanks

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I have fully working SL 10.7.4 on GA-P35-DS4.

Unfortunately one thing is not working: WOL

I'm using latest Realtek81xx driver (0.0.90) and .

"Wake for Ethernet network access" is enabled.

What area should I investigate: DSDT.aml or Chameleon ?

-br

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just out of curiosity, which version of OSX did you get working on there and which method did you use to do it?  I am soon going to try to take my GA-P35-DS4, which is running Snow Leopard possibly or maybe Mountain Lion, I can't remember now; and try to bring it up to at least Mavericks or later.  What did you end up doing?