Any Success on an Asus P5B?

RWE

61 posts in this topic

These should work:

kexts.png

Put them in Chameleon's /Extra/Extensions directory.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KFZF8L0R

I use these with a P5B-E Plus, but they should work with your board, too.

Don't forget to change the UUID to that of your SL partition in the Info.plist in PlatformUUID.kext

I suggest using the 3 (64bit) kexts labeled in blue:

kextp5b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Everything works on my P5B Vanilla. I did clean install to another drive. I had to move extensions from /Extras to /S/L/E and fix the permissions. I am using following extensions:

VodooHDA, OpenRestartShutdown, SleepEnabler, fakesmc(get latest from netkas) dmos(get latest from netkas). Mine is booting in x64 and is very stable with sleep, shutdown & restart working.

- I used the Chameleon RC1 + PCEFI 10.1 installer after the install via OSInstall.mpkg method

- Drop the above mentioned extensions and fix permissions using the Chmod & chown commands.

- I had issue with Disk utility verify disk after the install. It was throwing up KPs.

After I booted into SL for the first time. I did a reinstall over the current install using the Retail DVD and reinstall BSD.pkg. since then everything is fine and stable. Disk Utility works as well.

Good Luck!

Do you mind sharing your kext?

Do you mind sharing your kext?

Thanks everyone in this thread. I managed to get my 10.6.1 up and running flawlessly. my specs as

Intel C2D E6700 with Asus P5B Deluxe

geForce 7900GT

4 x 1GB ram

bluetooth adapter

Bios set hdd to ACPI (Can boot up even i set to IDE but SL won't be able to detect the rest of my HDD that formatted with NTFS)

Note to everyone.

1) I will "awaiting for root device" error message when i tried to copy 'SMBIOS.plist' and "DSDT.aml" to SL/Extra. I just delete it and SL boot up again. Didn't try anymore...

2) I didn't do DSDT patch.

Now my system running 10.6.1 with sound, ethernet, Ps2 Keyboard, display working perfectly.

PS: My sound still have the 'pop' sound when starting up and shutting down. Saw the fixed somewhere before my SL is up.. still looking for it.

That entry doesn't seem to exist anymore, however the thread is about DSDT patching, right?

In such a case, would you be so kind to attach the correct DSDT file? Here there are a lot of reported snow leopard working machines, but very few attachment to help people out :D

My SL doesn't sleep at all and when doing so it just shut down everything but the fans. I can't wake it in any way but keeping pressed the power button and powering up again. :P

Sleep/Shutdown solved (first main step), second try.

Sorry, i don't know why the link to my post in a "living" thread reacts in this way, here is the (extended) contents:

I had the same problem (unable to wake up, shutdown/restart: ... but fan) with a P5B-VM DO.

At last I don't use a patched dsdt, because the RTC (RTC0) entry for length is correct (CMOS reset bug) and the tools i used to correct it, modified the DSDT in a way that i got the

described problems. The original decompiled DSDT, which work (5 of 6) for me, is attached.

What works without preceding sleep: reboot, shutdown, sleep (wake up only tested with mouse click).

What works with preceding sleep: shutdown, sleep.

What doesn't work with preceding sleep: reboot (... but fan) :)

Because the systems may differ in many details, i will describe mine:

Hardware:

- P5B-VM DO

- SATA HD

- SATA DVD

- GeForce 9400GT 512MB VGA/DVI

- USB mouse

- PS/2 keyboard

BIOS:

- Version 0903

- Main/IDE Configuration/SATA#1Configuration: Enhanced

- Main/IDE Configuration/SATA#1Configuration/Configure SATA#1 as: AHCI

- Advanced/USB Configuration/...:

USB Functions: Enabled

Legacy USB Support: Disabled

Port 64/60 Emulation: Disabled

USB 2.0 Controller Mode: HiSpeed

BIOS EHCI Hand-Off: Enabled

- Advanced/Onboard Devices Configuration:

HD Audio Controller: Enabled

Front Panel Support Type: HD Audio

Onboard 1394 Controller Enabled

Onboard Lan: Enabled

Lan Option ROM: Disabled

JMicron SATA/PATA Controller: Disabled

Serial Port1 Address: Disabled

Parallel Port Address: Disabled

- Power

Suspend Mode: S3 only

Repost Video on S3 Resume: Yes

ACPI 2.0 Support: ACPI v3.0

ACPI APIC support: Enabled

/APM Configuration:

Restore on AC Power Loss: Power Off

everything else: Disabled

Software:

- SL 10A432 with Chameleon v2 RC3 and OSInstall.mpkg for MBR (running 64bit)

- EFI-String for 9400GT

- Kext (all 64bit and in S/L/E)

FakeSMC v2: http://rapidshare.de/files/48328849/fakesmc_SL.kext.zip.html

OpenHaltRestart: http://heliacal.net/~solar/mac/OpenHaltRes...for_snow_64.tar

PlatformUUID: http://heliacal.net/~solar/mac/PlatformUUI...for_snow_64.tar

NullCPUPM: http://heliacal.net/~solar/mac/NullCPUPowe...for_snow_64.tar

dsmos.kext

Intel82566MM.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

you find them here:

http://cid-8b65993ef55cf014.skydrive.live....rd?view=details

, thanks to electro:

Maybe not all kexts are necessary, i didn't test it.

The VoodooHDA.kext isn't able to sleep, you can try a workaround with sleepwatcher and two scripts (google).

If it is necessary for you to get your untouched DSDT, here are two ways to create without leo.

Creating dsdt in Windows :

(Install and) Start Lavalys Everest, right click the status bar, chose "ACPI Tool" and click "Save DSDT".

Creating dsdt in Linux:

Boot Ubuntu Live CD, open Terminal and enter: cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml

acpi_dsdt.txt

This may sound like much but anyone here who has a P5B Deluxe and has Snow Leopard fully working ie, sound, ethernet, firewire

Could you post up the working kext files? I tried some but kernal died on boot up, I think it was a bad network driver.

Anyone one here found any suitable Firewire drivers that run stable under SL? As my audio interface uses the firewire. As soon as I get my P5B-Deluxe build running nicely I'll post up a guide with included Kexts for hardware.

I'm getting ready to attempt a new Snow Leopard install on my plain Asus P5B

Here's my full hardware:

• ASUS P5B
  • 4GB DDR2
  • Core2Duo E6600
  • nVidia 7600GT
  • Logitech Vision Webcam for Mac
  • USB Apple Keyboard
  • Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse
  • Dual LCD Panels (DVI)
  • Pioneer DVD-+RW (ATA :) )
  • Some random LAN card (Bonjour works in 10.5.x with it)

I do have 10.5.8 working on the same hardware right now, but it's on an ATA drive, and I'll be installing this on a new SATA drive.

Here's my game plan:

1. Load Ubuntu Live, get my DSDT and modify it (CMOS Reset Fix), recompile it
  2. Prep my SATA drive with 2 partitions, one for OSX Installation Image, another for the actual OS
  3. Load Chameleon 2.0 RC3 onto a smallish USB Key for booting from
  4. Put the Kext's listed below onto my USB Key
  5. Install, using my USB bootloader, and the image on one of the SATA partitions
  6. Add EFI Strings for my nVidia graphics card to the boot plist on the USB Key

Here's the Kext's I'm planning on using:

• AHCIPortInjector.kext
  • AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
  • CPUInjector.kext (I have core2duo so I'v setup the plist.info to have AQM= cpu-type)
  • fakesmc.kext
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
  • JMicronATA.kext (x64)
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • OpenHaltRestart.kext
  • PlatformUUID.kext
  • SleepEnabler.kext
  • VoodooHDA .21 (x32-x64)

If anyone has any recommendations for me, I'd be grateful. I'm pretty confident this should work, the only thing I'm not terribly clear on is how important the DSDT file and smbios files are. I don't mind firing up Ubuntu Live to get a DSDT file, but if it's really unnecessary, why bother? It seems like some folks need it, others don't.

I don't really know what smbios is for and how important it is at all.

When I'm done, I'd be happy to compile a file of all the kext's and any other files I've used!

Hey Redth,

Sounds good! I'm not going to touch the DSDT files. Just make sure the BIOS is set to AHCI, Legacy USB is enabled and the appropriate boot priority is set for the installer.

I'm going to reinstall tonight using PC EFI V10.4 + Chameleon-2.0-RC3 off a pen drive.

I'll be running in 32-bit mode just for increased compatibility, though 64-bit mode appeared to be working fine too.

Hopefully ill be able to get the kexts working this time.

Well, I executed my 'Game Plan' last night and everything is working absolutely perfectly now!

I did run into a couple of snags, but nothing that wasn't fixable:

1. My second random network card that I needed to use in 10.5.x to get networking with Bonjour working was NOT recognized by Snow Leopard. I have a feeling I was missing a kext that made it work in 10.5.x. Before testing that theory I decided to try the onboard LAN. It works fine in Snow Leopard, and Bonjour is also now working fine with it as well! No need for another card!
  2. I couldn't get VoodooHDA.kext to load from the USB Flash Drive... So, I ended up using Kext Helper to install it to the S/L/E. Sound is working fine after that. This is the only part of my install that's not 'Vanilla', but since it's not a patched Apple kext, it should not be disturbed by any updates :huh:

Other than that everthing works absolutely awesome with all of the kexts I'm using that I mentioned in my above post. I love Chameleon (I had been using a very old Boot-132 usb drive previously). Also, I don't see any of the "ATA Device Blocking Bus" errors I would sometimes get when booting 10.5.x. Whenever I used to get this error I'd have to reboot again until it went away (like winning the lottery). I'm guessing it's since I installed to a SATA drive this time.

I did end up creating a DSDT.aml file for my system. I was able to do this from my 10.5 installation using the getDSDT.sh script along with the iasl executable bundled in the 'DSDT Patcher' package I found somewhere. This worked without a hitch, and is what I'm using now. Not sure how crucial this is, because I did not test without it.

My nVidia graphics were detected by Chameleon right away and I got full acceleration on the first boot, along with proper resolution and recognition of both my displays.

I'm going to be compiling a tutorial as well as a package of all the files/kexts/tools i used in the process.. Hopefully it'll help someone out :o

Hey Redth,

Seems like everything's worked out great for you. Wish it was the same for me. I'm using the same Motherboard as you but the deluxe edition.

If you could post up a tutorial with the Kexts, would save the day for me!

• 5 weeks later...
I had the same problem with 64bit at first. But now, sound works in 64bit. I have Chameleon 2.0 RC2 r640 with PC_EFI 10.1, dsmos.kext from netkas, AHCI on and a dsdt.aml, the VoodooHDA.kext is version 0.2.2 and it's in /S/L/E, not in /Extra.

My front USB panel works, not only if device is plugged in at boot.

Ethernet i don't need, but with the patched AppleYukon2.kext inside the IONetworkingFamily.kext the Marvell 88E8056 works.

The kext cache is in /S/L/E like in Leopard, but after install you have to create it manually, i take for this KextUtility 2.3.0 (not 2.3.2!).

Hi,

Can you send me this kexts? I found only Yukon2.kext. Is it good? This kexts works on Snow Leopard?

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I executed my 'Game Plan' last night and everything is working absolutely perfectly now!

I did run into a couple of snags, but nothing that wasn't fixable:

1. My second random network card that I needed to use in 10.5.x to get networking with Bonjour working was NOT recognized by Snow Leopard. I have a feeling I was missing a kext that made it work in 10.5.x. Before testing that theory I decided to try the onboard LAN. It works fine in Snow Leopard, and Bonjour is also now working fine with it as well! No need for another card!
  2. I couldn't get VoodooHDA.kext to load from the USB Flash Drive... So, I ended up using Kext Helper to install it to the S/L/E. Sound is working fine after that. This is the only part of my install that's not 'Vanilla', but since it's not a patched Apple kext, it should not be disturbed by any updates :hysterical:

Other than that everthing works absolutely awesome with all of the kexts I'm using that I mentioned in my above post. I love Chameleon (I had been using a very old Boot-132 usb drive previously). Also, I don't see any of the "ATA Device Blocking Bus" errors I would sometimes get when booting 10.5.x. Whenever I used to get this error I'd have to reboot again until it went away (like winning the lottery). I'm guessing it's since I installed to a SATA drive this time.

I did end up creating a DSDT.aml file for my system. I was able to do this from my 10.5 installation using the getDSDT.sh script along with the iasl executable bundled in the 'DSDT Patcher' package I found somewhere. This worked without a hitch, and is what I'm using now. Not sure how crucial this is, because I did not test without it.

My nVidia graphics were detected by Chameleon right away and I got full acceleration on the first boot, along with proper resolution and recognition of both my displays.

I'm going to be compiling a tutorial as well as a package of all the files/kexts/tools i used in the process.. Hopefully it'll help someone out :rolleyes:

I'm wanting to do this exact thing this weekend. Would be great if you put up the how to and the kext files. I can host the files if posting them here is a problem. I have 10.5.8 working like a champ with everything operational (except sleep), and I made a super-duper copy to another driver in hopes that if I jack this plan up too much I can fall back to the second copy of 10.5.8. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this method (but used an external usb hdd instead of thumbdrive) but the install failed at the end. I tried to do this from a woring 10.5.8 hdd in my P5B-E hackintosh. I used a second sata drive for the SL install. It made it all the way to the end, and then it said the install failed. I didn't do the SMBIOS, do you think that is the difference here? I tried Empire EFI but that just hangs on the appleIntelCPUPowerManagement timeout "error".

Xtort

I'm getting ready to attempt a new Snow Leopard install on my plain Asus P5B

Here's my full hardware:

• ASUS P5B
  • 4GB DDR2
  • Core2Duo E6600
  • nVidia 7600GT
  • Logitech Vision Webcam for Mac
  • USB Apple Keyboard
  • Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse
  • Dual LCD Panels (DVI)
  • Pioneer DVD-+RW (ATA ;) )
  • Some random LAN card (Bonjour works in 10.5.x with it)

I do have 10.5.8 working on the same hardware right now, but it's on an ATA drive, and I'll be installing this on a new SATA drive.

Here's my game plan:

1. Load Ubuntu Live, get my DSDT and modify it (CMOS Reset Fix), recompile it
  2. Prep my SATA drive with 2 partitions, one for OSX Installation Image, another for the actual OS
  3. Load Chameleon 2.0 RC3 onto a smallish USB Key for booting from
  4. Put the Kext's listed below onto my USB Key
  5. Install, using my USB bootloader, and the image on one of the SATA partitions
  6. Add EFI Strings for my nVidia graphics card to the boot plist on the USB Key

Here's the Kext's I'm planning on using:

• AHCIPortInjector.kext
  • AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
  • CPUInjector.kext (I have core2duo so I'v setup the plist.info to have AQM= cpu-type)
  • fakesmc.kext
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
  • JMicronATA.kext (x64)
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • OpenHaltRestart.kext
  • PlatformUUID.kext
  • SleepEnabler.kext
  • VoodooHDA .21 (x32-x64)

If anyone has any recommendations for me, I'd be grateful. I'm pretty confident this should work, the only thing I'm not terribly clear on is how important the DSDT file and smbios files are. I don't mind firing up Ubuntu Live to get a DSDT file, but if it's really unnecessary, why bother? It seems like some folks need it, others don't.

I don't really know what smbios is for and how important it is at all.

When I'm done, I'd be happy to compile a file of all the kext's and any other files I've used!

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to install correctly with Asus P5B Deluxe, e6600 and nVidia 9800GT. I did'n touch the DSDT.

Sleep doesn't work: the screen goes black, the hdd's spin down but the fans stay on. I cannot wake it up and I'm forced to turn it off or restart from the switches. Beside that, every couple of fails, I have to fire up the 10.5.2 kalyway live dvd and correct filesystem errors :P

I'll be posting a screenshot of actual kexts placed under /Extra and I'll make an archive for that.

Does anyone know how to get the hackintosh to sleep? :D

screenshotparziale20091.png

Kexts here: P5B_Deluxe___Snow_10.6.2_64bit.zip

hi guys,

i just installed a P5B Board with Leo 10.5.4.

But I have some Problems and I forgot much of the hackintosh work ...

1. I have a geforce 8500gt in it ... but it has no QE etc .. What to do ?

2. so sound right now

3. What is this FAKEsmc which you talking of ?

4. what is EFI string with EFI studio !? Is there any advantage against simply usng KEXTs ?

thx