60 replies to this topic

Brewers

Brewers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Hi Brewers,

Can you install the Chameleon/EFI 10 to a seperate partition on the hard drive you install SL to? Or does it have to go on the same partition? I have my Leopard 10.5.8 on a drive with Chameleon RC2 on a seperate partition and that works really well for me. It'd be good to be able to do the same with SL. I have loads of Sata drives kicking about so no shortage of space!

Thanks in advance......

I can't say for sure, since I installed it on my SL partition. But since you can select to boot other partitions from the Chameleon GUI, it might work when installed on a separate partition. Why not just give it a try? :thumbsup_anim:

Any one has a 64bit solution for audio? VoodooHDA seems not to work in 64bit. Can someone confirm that! Thanks.

Works for me in 64bit mode, just download the newest release from the VoodooHDA homepage. You have to install it to /System/Library/Extensions, tough. It did not work for me when installed in /Extra, it would abort with an error message saying that not all dependencies could be satisfied.

EDIT: I had to delete all other audio-related kexts for VoodooHDA to work, like AppleHDA, etc.

AndreaGalileo

AndreaGalileo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

I can't say for sure, since I installed it on my SL partition. But since you can select to boot other partitions from the Chameleon GUI, it might work when installed on a separate partition. Why not just give it a try? :)

Works for me in 64bit mode, just download the newest release from the VoodooHDA homepage. You have to install it to /System/Library/Extensions, tough. It did not work for me when installed in /Extra, it would abort with an error message saying that not all dependencies could be satisfied.

EDIT: I had to delete all other audio-related kexts for VoodooHDA to work, like AppleHDA, etc.

Hmmm, strange, it was in /S/L/E. I haven't tried to delete AppleHDA (in which kext package is it located?). What do you mean by "etc"; what other kext should i delete? Thanks a lot!

sensimeon

sensimeon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Hmmm, strange, it was in /S/L/E. I haven't tried to delete AppleHDA (in which kext package is it located?). What do you mean by "etc"; what other kext should i delete? Thanks a lot!

i have an asus p5b deluxe running 10.5.7 ideneb cd. im thinking of installing SL and just want to see if anyone has taken the same steps as me and could share some tips?

pavek

pavek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi guys!
Would anyone be so kind to upload a package with those kexts needed for a P5B Deluxe installation with nVidia 9800gt on 32bit kernel?

That would be very helpful!
Thanks in advance.

Brewers

Brewers

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Hi guys!
Would anyone be so kind to upload a package with those kexts needed for a P5B Deluxe installation with nVidia 9800gt on 32bit kernel?

That would be very helpful!
Thanks in advance.

These should work:

Posted Image

Put them in Chameleon's /Extra/Extensions directory.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KFZF8L0R

I use these with a P5B-E Plus, but they should work with your board, too.

Don't forget to change the UUID to that of your SL partition in the Info.plist in PlatformUUID.kext

AndreaGalileo

AndreaGalileo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

These should work:

Posted Image

Put them in Chameleon's /Extra/Extensions directory.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KFZF8L0R

I use these with a P5B-E Plus, but they should work with your board, too.

Don't forget to change the UUID to that of your SL partition in the Info.plist in PlatformUUID.kext

I suggest using the 3 (64bit) kexts labeled in blue:

Posted Image

AndreaGalileo

AndreaGalileo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Wondering how to get the front panel usb to work?! I've just found the solution! Disable USB Legacy in your bios!

RWE

RWE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
hi AndreaGalileo;

did you find a way to make 3rd & 4th sata ports work on IDE mode? or should we wait for a new piixata.kext?

btw, my front panel usb ports work oob ;)

Nls79

Nls79

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I can't get my P5B to boot in 32 bit without a 4-5 minute wait. Can someone post a good DSDT for this mobo.

Config
P5B 2105 bios
Q6600
4Gig
9400 GT 1 GB

pavek

pavek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I suggest using the 3 (64bit) kexts labeled in blue:

Posted Image

Where can I find them?

Thanks a lot :D

oceanb70

oceanb70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Everything works on my P5B Vanilla. I did clean install to another drive. I had to move extensions from /Extras to /S/L/E and fix the permissions. I am using following extensions:
VodooHDA, OpenRestartShutdown, SleepEnabler, fakesmc(get latest from netkas) dmos(get latest from netkas). Mine is booting in x64 and is very stable with sleep, shutdown & restart working.

- I used the Chameleon RC1 + PCEFI 10.1 installer after the install via OSInstall.mpkg method
- Drop the above mentioned extensions and fix permissions using the Chmod & chown commands.
- I had issue with Disk utility verify disk after the install. It was throwing up KPs.

After I booted into SL for the first time. I did a reinstall over the current install using the Retail DVD and reinstall BSD.pkg. since then everything is fine and stable. Disk Utility works as well.

Good Luck!

Do you mind sharing your kext?

oceanb70

oceanb70

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Do you mind sharing your kext?

Thanks everyone in this thread. I managed to get my 10.6.1 up and running flawlessly. my specs as

Intel C2D E6700 with Asus P5B Deluxe
geForce 7900GT
4 x 1GB ram
bluetooth adapter
Bios set hdd to ACPI (Can boot up even i set to IDE but SL won't be able to detect the rest of my HDD that formatted with NTFS)

Note to everyone.
1) I will "awaiting for root device" error message when i tried to copy 'SMBIOS.plist' and "DSDT.aml" to SL/Extra. I just delete it and SL boot up again. Didn't try anymore...

2) I didn't do DSDT patch.

Now my system running 10.6.1 with sound, ethernet, Ps2 Keyboard, display working perfectly.

PS: My sound still have the 'pop' sound when starting up and shutting down. Saw the fixed somewhere before my SL is up.. still looking for it.

pavek

pavek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Where can I find them?

Thanks a lot :)

Andrea, would you be so kind to share those 3 kexts? Thank you very much. :)

NurIch

NurIch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sleep/Shutdown solved (first main step): http://www.insanelym...4

pavek

pavek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Sleep/Shutdown solved (first main step): http://www.insanelym...4

That entry doesn't seem to exist anymore, however the thread is about DSDT patching, right?

In such a case, would you be so kind to attach the correct DSDT file? Here there are a lot of reported snow leopard working machines, but very few attachment to help people out :D

My SL doesn't sleep at all and when doing so it just shut down everything but the fans. I can't wake it in any way but keeping pressed the power button and powering up again. :P

NurIch

NurIch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sleep/Shutdown solved (first main step), second try.
Sorry, i don't know why the link to my post in a "living" thread reacts in this way, here is the (extended) contents:

I had the same problem (unable to wake up, shutdown/restart: ... but fan) with a P5B-VM DO.
At last I don't use a patched dsdt, because the RTC (RTC0) entry for length is correct (CMOS reset bug) and the tools i used to correct it, modified the DSDT in a way that i got the
described problems. The original decompiled DSDT, which work (5 of 6) for me, is attached.

What works without preceding sleep: reboot, shutdown, sleep (wake up only tested with mouse click).
What works with preceding sleep: shutdown, sleep.
What doesn't work with preceding sleep: reboot (... but fan) :)

Because the systems may differ in many details, i will describe mine:

Hardware:
- P5B-VM DO
- SATA HD
- SATA DVD
- GeForce 9400GT 512MB VGA/DVI
- USB mouse
- PS/2 keyboard

BIOS:
- Version 0903
- Main/IDE Configuration/SATA#1Configuration: Enhanced
- Main/IDE Configuration/SATA#1Configuration/Configure SATA#1 as: AHCI
- Advanced/USB Configuration/...:

USB Functions: Enabled
Legacy USB Support: Disabled
Port 64/60 Emulation: Disabled
USB 2.0 Controller Mode: HiSpeed
BIOS EHCI Hand-Off: Enabled

- Advanced/Onboard Devices Configuration:

HD Audio Controller: Enabled
Front Panel Support Type: HD Audio
Onboard 1394 Controller Enabled
Onboard Lan: Enabled
Lan Option ROM: Disabled
JMicron SATA/PATA Controller: Disabled

Serial Port1 Address: Disabled
Parallel Port Address: Disabled

- Power

Suspend Mode: S3 only
Repost Video on S3 Resume: Yes
ACPI 2.0 Support: ACPI v3.0
ACPI APIC support: Enabled
/APM Configuration:
Restore on AC Power Loss: Power Off
everything else: Disabled

Software:
- SL 10A432 with Chameleon v2 RC3 and OSInstall.mpkg for MBR (running 64bit)
- EFI-String for 9400GT
- Kext (all 64bit and in S/L/E)
FakeSMC v2: http://rapidshare.de...L.kext.zip.html
OpenHaltRestart: http://heliacal.net/...for_snow_64.tar
PlatformUUID: http://heliacal.net/...for_snow_64.tar
NullCPUPM: http://heliacal.net/...for_snow_64.tar
dsmos.kext
Intel82566MM.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
you find them here:
http://cid-8b65993ef...rd?view=details
, thanks to electro:

Maybe not all kexts are necessary, i didn't test it.
The VoodooHDA.kext isn't able to sleep, you can try a workaround with sleepwatcher and two scripts (google).

If it is necessary for you to get your untouched DSDT, here are two ways to create without leo.

Creating dsdt in Windows :
(Install and) Start Lavalys Everest, right click the status bar, chose "ACPI Tool" and click "Save DSDT".

Creating dsdt in Linux:
Boot Ubuntu Live CD, open Terminal and enter: cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml

Attached Files

LukeMotion

LukeMotion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
This may sound like much but anyone here who has a P5B Deluxe and has Snow Leopard fully working ie, sound, ethernet, firewire

Could you post up the working kext files? I tried some but kernal died on boot up, I think it was a bad network driver.

LukeMotion

LukeMotion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Anyone one here found any suitable Firewire drivers that run stable under SL? As my audio interface uses the firewire. As soon as I get my P5B-Deluxe build running nicely I'll post up a guide with included Kexts for hardware.

Redth

Redth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I'm getting ready to attempt a new Snow Leopard install on my plain Asus P5B

Here's my full hardware:
  • ASUS P5B
  • 4GB DDR2
  • Core2Duo E6600
  • nVidia 7600GT
  • Logitech Vision Webcam for Mac
  • USB Apple Keyboard
  • Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse
  • Dual LCD Panels (DVI)
  • Pioneer DVD-+RW (ATA :) )
  • Some random LAN card (Bonjour works in 10.5.x with it)

I do have 10.5.8 working on the same hardware right now, but it's on an ATA drive, and I'll be installing this on a new SATA drive.

Here's my game plan:
  • Load Ubuntu Live, get my DSDT and modify it (CMOS Reset Fix), recompile it
  • Prep my SATA drive with 2 partitions, one for OSX Installation Image, another for the actual OS
  • Load Chameleon 2.0 RC3 onto a smallish USB Key for booting from
  • Put the Kext's listed below onto my USB Key
  • Install, using my USB bootloader, and the image on one of the SATA partitions
  • Add EFI Strings for my nVidia graphics card to the boot plist on the USB Key

Here's the Kext's I'm planning on using:
  • AHCIPortInjector.kext
  • AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext
  • CPUInjector.kext (I have core2duo so I'v setup the plist.info to have AQM= cpu-type)
  • fakesmc.kext
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
  • JMicronATA.kext (x64)
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • OpenHaltRestart.kext
  • PlatformUUID.kext
  • SleepEnabler.kext
  • VoodooHDA .21 (x32-x64)

If anyone has any recommendations for me, I'd be grateful. I'm pretty confident this should work, the only thing I'm not terribly clear on is how important the DSDT file and smbios files are. I don't mind firing up Ubuntu Live to get a DSDT file, but if it's really unnecessary, why bother? It seems like some folks need it, others don't.

I don't really know what smbios is for and how important it is at all.

When I'm done, I'd be happy to compile a file of all the kext's and any other files I've used!

LukeMotion

LukeMotion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hey Redth,

Sounds good! I'm not going to touch the DSDT files. Just make sure the BIOS is set to AHCI, Legacy USB is enabled and the appropriate boot priority is set for the installer.

I'm going to reinstall tonight using PC EFI V10.4 + Chameleon-2.0-RC3 off a pen drive.

I'll be running in 32-bit mode just for increased compatibility, though 64-bit mode appeared to be working fine too.

Hopefully ill be able to get the kexts working this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy