[Guide & Boot CD] D-Series Latitude/w NVIDIA or GMA950 and Intel Dual Core Retail Installs

leppy700m

1,332 posts in this topic

I have created a site for all of the information here

Check it out

The official site is under construction!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for everyone that helped me out and of Course a special thanks to Leppy!

Can you post the working IONetworkingfamily kext that supports both wifi and ethernet under 10.6.4 on your site please?

Thanks

Hello,

the Ethernet driver depends on IONetworking.

So you may move it to /System/Library/Extensions or copy the 10.6.4 IONetworking.kext from /System/Library/Extensions to /Extra/Extensions and rebuild mkext with leppys script.

It works now, thanks for the guidance.

I have a Dell D620 and full legal retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3, purchased today.

I tried the D620SLV1 boot disk, followed by booting the SL DVD.

The Install DVD is accessed a few times, but I never get anything past the gray apple screen and spinner.

Thanks for any helpl.

I got it to work on the apple screen don't connect power and do everything like normal then when you are about to install then plug in power and install

make sure you wiggle the mouse and plug in and unplug the Power every five min.

Writing from my D620

if this helps please post it and of course could yoMy D620 Websiteu help me with everything else aka graphics.

Wow, after struggling with iAtkos for a while, I found this thread, and THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have a Dell D430, and 10.5 has worked brilliantly! Going to try out 10.6 very shortly but expect a seamless install thanks to the very detailed and well written guide by Leppy!

EDIT: 10.6 Works BEAUTIFULLY! Thank you SO MUCH!

Has anyone gotten the Intel GMA 950 Working?

If you have can you tell me how and attach some files

I'm running 10.6.3 Vanilla install

Ethernet works

Sound works

Graphics partially I can see it but no acceleration!

Battery yes

Hi guys!

I'm new to the scene and have successfully installed SL on my D630 using the steps described on post#2.

This is that Ethernet is not working... every help is appreciated

SPECS:

D630

A17 BIOS

Nvidia NVS 135M

4GB RAM

Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Ethernet

Intel PRO 3945ABG Wifi (I know it won't work...)

128GB Kingston SDD

Hi guys!

I'm new to the scene and have successfully installed SL on my D630 using the steps described on post#2.

This is that Ethernet is not working... every help is appreciated

SPECS:

D630

A17 BIOS

Nvidia NVS 135M

4GB RAM

Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Ethernet

Intel PRO 3945ABG Wifi (I know it won't work...)

128GB Kingston SDD

Follow these steps exactly or you will lose an hour of your life to stupidity

1. open finder
  2. click on your hard drive that has your system file (mine is Macintosh HD)>Extra>Extensions
  3. Open Kext Helper
  4. Drag File into kext helper
  5. Type Password and click easy install
  6. It should flash a message when done!

Reboot and Party

Reboot and Party

If this doesn't work then chill just download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (39.5 MB file) Put it on a USB Drive

Open it go through some stuff then go to kexts and "only" select the Ethernet one that you are able to click on.

Install it.

Reboot and Party

If I helped you then Please check out my site

sites.google.com/site/easyosxsnowleopard

Kext_Helper_b7.zip

Rigth on!

Thank you so much kkdart!

By the way, I've just found out that a kext for Intel 3945 was released in early May.

Any clue if it is working on 10.6.0?

Follow these steps exactly or you will lose an hour of your life to stupidity

1. open finder
  2. click on your hard drive that has your system file (mine is Macintosh HD)>Extra>Extensions
  3. Open Kext Helper
  4. Drag File into kext helper
  5. Type Password and click easy install
  6. It should flash a message when done!

Reboot and Party

If this doesn't work then chill just download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (39.5 MB file) Put it on a USB Drive

Open it go through some stuff then go to kexts and "only" select the Ethernet one that you are able to click on.

Install it.

Reboot and Party

If I helped you then Please check out my site

sites.google.com/site/easyosxsnowleopard

Rigth on!

Thank you so much kkdart!

By the way, I've just found out that a kext for Intel 3945 was released in early May.

Any clue if it is working on 10.6.0?

Nope don't waste your time!

Check out Mercury Squad (on facebook)

He is a guy in India that is working on it now should be done by september or never.

all of the drivers you find will be off of his work so you shouldn't use his beta driver (it didn't work for me).

Thnk you so much for your feedback kkdart!

Do you know if there is a way to get BT working?

Nope don't waste your time!

Check out Mercury Squad (on facebook)

He is a guy in India that is working on it now should be done by september or never.

all of the drivers you find will be off of his work so you shouldn't use his beta driver (it didn't work for me).

Has anyone gotten the Intel GMA 950 Working?

If you have can you tell me how and attach some files

I'm running 10.6.3 Vanilla install

Ethernet works

Sound works

Graphics partially I can see it but no acceleration!

Battery yes

You should install 10.6.4.

it run perfectly on my D820 with GMA 950 accelerated.

the patch for wifi is simple and efficient.

Hiya.

I have a Latitude D620, specs are:

2gb ram (I ripped ram from my old laptop, runs / works fine in w7, bios sees it, don't think this is the problem)

Nvidia graphics card model

Intel wifi card (bought a broadcom one, waiting for it to come in)

I can't seem to get my retail 10.6.3 cd to go passed the grey screen on install. I literally just bought this today, a few hours ago, and expected it to work. I have the grey screen with the apple logo and the little spinny pinwheel is going round and round, singing some sort of siren song / making me think it's going to work. However, it never does, and I don't know what to do, frankly.

Used that D620SLV1.iso that was posted to use, read something about trying to boot into safe mode / input -x at chameleon boot. If it's only a matter of me switching the disks, typing -x and hitting enter after that mac disk is highlighted, I'm going to say that's not working either. Searched the thread, someone suggested to take out the power cord and try to install / insert it again at install. Did that, nothing.

My dvd drive runs every once in awhile, and I get hard, but then it stops, and I get soft. How long am I supposed to sit at this grey screen? Someone said like 3 minutes? I've been sitting at this for god knows how long, definitely more than 3 minutes, so I don't know waht to do.

Hiya.

I have a Latitude D620, specs are:

2gb ram (I ripped ram from my old laptop, runs / works fine in w7, bios sees it, don't think this is the problem)

Nvidia graphics card model

Intel wifi card (bought a broadcom one, waiting for it to come in)

I can't seem to get my retail 10.6.3 cd to go passed the grey screen on install. I literally just bought this today, a few hours ago, and expected it to work. I have the grey screen with the apple logo and the little spinny pinwheel is going round and round, singing some sort of siren song / making me think it's going to work. However, it never does, and I don't know what to do, frankly.

Used that D620SLV1.iso that was posted to use, read something about trying to boot into safe mode / input -x at chameleon boot. If it's only a matter of me switching the disks, typing -x and hitting enter after that mac disk is highlighted, I'm going to say that's not working either. Searched the thread, someone suggested to take out the power cord and try to install / insert it again at install. Did that, nothing.

My dvd drive runs every once in awhile, and I get hard, but then it stops, and I get soft. How long am I supposed to sit at this grey screen? Someone said like 3 minutes? I've been sitting at this for god knows how long, definitely more than 3 minutes, so I don't know waht to do.

Please follow the directions and everything will work!

Trust me on this one please just have patience it could take as long as 10 min. for it to load! Remember don't plug it in until you get past that screen. After you get to the install one then you can plug in the battery. Install took me about 30 min.

Please follow the directions and everything will work!

Trust me on this one please just have patience it could take as long as 10 min. for it to load! Remember don't plug it in until you get past that screen. After you get to the install one then you can plug in the battery. Install took me about 30 min.

I have, I'm not new to following directions just new to anything hackintosh-related.

Under verbose I get:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:register-LPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power mangement not intiialized

I already tried that plugin thing (meaning plugging in my charger and {censored}), but I'll do it again?

edit: so far, nuffin. I know this {censored} works, since everyone else seems to get it working, but, I'm not like everyone else on many standpoints, I suppose hackintosh stuff is now apart of that >.>

So does no one know what to do for the post above? I don't know what I can do to get around that error message, and I'm completely new to anything in this field.

Again, my system is:

D620

Running A10 BIOS

Nvidia Quatro gfx

2gb ram (that I installed from another computer)

Retail 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Installation disk

I'm using the bootloader from the second post for Snow Leopard, D620SLV1.iso.

I burned that using the lowest speed (600kb/s) to two different disks in case that one was bad.

After loading up the boot disk, I give it a second, switch to the Retail 10.6.3 disk, give it a little bit, then hit F10 (which makes the disk spin and comes right up as Mac OS X Install Disk) instead of F5, as F5 give some garbled text.

Merely hitting enter: I get stuck with the grey screen / apple logo / spinning wheel. Disk drive goes for a bit, then nothing. Then 20 minutes later, it goes, but nothing.

Hitting down arrow and booting into Verbose: Goes and goes, says 14 Major 4 Minor (don't know if thats good? bad?), keeps going fails on some stuff ("some stuff" is too hard to read, as it goes by fast), Says DSMOS or w/e is activated, then shows my ethernet address. Goes for a little, then gives me the error:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:register-LPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power mangement not intiialized

Which I can't seem to get around. I searched for fixes, and I read stuff like fixing the dsdt? or something? But 1) I don't know how to do that in the first place / it says experienced users only? and 2) I dont think I can do that without having it installed first.

Hitting down arrow and clicking single user: No cigar, just problems.

Hitting down and selecting "boot": Stays at the Dell screen (which I find odd?) while the cd drive runs and runs and runs.

Typing "-x" and hitting enter: Same as hitting enter, grey screen, apple logo, spinning wheel.

As for this power plug "solution", I charged my battery all the way, unplugged the charger, and followed the steps, nothing. I tried plugging it in after selecting the install disk, and I ended up getting passed that listed above, but only to hit a read and write failure. I saw the screen move up after and I was like THIS IS IT, read the error, and i was like fml.

I literally have no idea what to do. I went through my bios and restored defaults (not that i changed anything), didn't work. I tried turning of speedstepping or w/e in the bios, didnt work. Turned off multicore support, didn't work.

I have no idea waht to do. Hallp

Do I have to partition it to something? I have 20gb towards windows 7, and 60 unallocated which I was going to install osx on. Could that be the problem? I haven't did anything except shrink my w7 drive (havent marked as active or w/e). Didn't think it was a problem, since I haven't even got to the installer.. but idk?

After inserting the OS X installation media, just wait some seconds and press F5 two or three times.

The boot manager should now correctly show the installation media name.

Then enter -v for verbose output.

If you want to use a dual boot config, you'll have to use GPT partition format. Default for a Windows installation is MBR Mode. Windows 7 supports GPT too.

You may take a look at http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/dua...-os-x-snow.html

Using Leppys installer with Version 10.6.3 may cause problems because of using older kext versions.

Better try with OSX 10.6.0 or use other installer.

So does no one know what to do for the post above? I don't know what I can do to get around that error message, and I'm completely new to anything in this field.

Again, my system is:

D620

Running A10 BIOS

Nvidia Quatro gfx

2gb ram (that I installed from another computer)

Retail 10.6.3 Snow Leopard Installation disk

I'm using the bootloader from the second post for Snow Leopard, D620SLV1.iso.

I burned that using the lowest speed (600kb/s) to two different disks in case that one was bad.

After loading up the boot disk, I give it a second, switch to the Retail 10.6.3 disk, give it a little bit, then hit F10 (which makes the disk spin and comes right up as Mac OS X Install Disk) instead of F5, as F5 give some garbled text.

Merely hitting enter: I get stuck with the grey screen / apple logo / spinning wheel. Disk drive goes for a bit, then nothing. Then 20 minutes later, it goes, but nothing.

Hitting down arrow and booting into Verbose: Goes and goes, says 14 Major 4 Minor (don't know if thats good? bad?), keeps going fails on some stuff ("some stuff" is too hard to read, as it goes by fast), Says DSMOS or w/e is activated, then shows my ethernet address. Goes for a little, then gives me the error:

Which I can't seem to get around. I searched for fixes, and I read stuff like fixing the dsdt? or something? But 1) I don't know how to do that in the first place / it says experienced users only? and 2) I dont think I can do that without having it installed first.

Hitting down arrow and clicking single user: No cigar, just problems.

Hitting down and selecting "boot": Stays at the Dell screen (which I find odd?) while the cd drive runs and runs and runs.

Typing "-x" and hitting enter: Same as hitting enter, grey screen, apple logo, spinning wheel.

As for this power plug "solution", I charged my battery all the way, unplugged the charger, and followed the steps, nothing. I tried plugging it in after selecting the install disk, and I ended up getting passed that listed above, but only to hit a read and write failure. I saw the screen move up after and I was like THIS IS IT, read the error, and i was like fml.

I literally have no idea what to do. I went through my bios and restored defaults (not that i changed anything), didn't work. I tried turning of speedstepping or w/e in the bios, didnt work. Turned off multicore support, didn't work.

I have no idea waht to do. Hallp

Do I have to partition it to something? I have 20gb towards windows 7, and 60 unallocated which I was going to install osx on. Could that be the problem? I haven't did anything except shrink my w7 drive (havent marked as active or w/e). Didn't think it was a problem, since I haven't even got to the installer.. but idk?

^ I love you. So basically, I should wipe my harddrive, then set up a dual boot via OSX instead of through windows 7? Hm. Alright, I'll try that, and is there a different "installer" (do you mean bootloader) that i can use that you think would work with 10.6.3? Or could I modify the current loader with a different set of kext files?

For anyone who comes in here trying to install 10.6.3 on their macs with this guide, it will NOT work. I downloaded a new bootloader as a user suggested, and things are installing at the momento. Going to copy over some kexts afterwards though to help compatibility, i found some on an other website that allow me to come back after my computer sleeps <33.

SO what I used was [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] Supported by tonymacx86, just a heads up as to who here is wondering why it wont work.

Dell D620

Core duo 1.66

Gma950

1gb ram

ASAX Leopard hunt II 64gb SSD

Dell 1390 b/g 54g WiFi MiniPCI Car

A10 bios

running 10.6.4

Nice work

unfortunately the pack at the bottom of your post for a d620 with gma950 that inlcudes dsdt boot.info with and efi patch does not work with my D620 I just get a kernel panic or if I just use you boot.info and my own dsdt and kext I get a blank screen, I did change the resolution in the boot.info also.

Maybe because I have the model with 1280X800 lcd resolution?

however your snow leopard boot disk is fantastic and those base kexts are great I just have to delete the networking kext to get my broadcom working OOB.

After hrs of messing around and editing dsdt's (I remember doing this for an earlier version of leopard) It honestly seems to to nothing at all, I now run both my systems without a dsdt no problem in fact I find the dsdt make the system less stable than patched kexts, anyone elese have this experience?

Hey Guys my dell latitude d620 will be coming in a few days.

I wanted to know if after install Snow Leopard, if there is a way to dual boot Win 7? i know i have to use chameleon or whatever. However I am not sure how to use it technically.

get one of these and push f12 at boot to choose to boot off the drive you put in it with windows on it, it replaces your dvd rom with another drive bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

00110071002.jpg

http://www.current-eyes.com/albums/userpic...00110071002.jpg

Hey Guys my dell latitude d620 will be coming in a few days.

I wanted to know if after install Snow Leopard, if there is a way to dual boot Win 7? i know i have to use chameleon or whatever. However I am not sure how to use it technically.

If you read the thread you posted in you will find your answer. It seems like people are asking the same questions over and over in this thread. RTFM guys, they've all been answered before.

Warning about running media bay drives, you can end up with terminally borked partitions if you run OSX (or other *nix) on them. Especially the sata ones.

I've had my D620 replaced by another laptop, so I'm out. of here.

Good luck and goodbye...

Dell D620

Core duo 1.66

Gma950

1gb ram

ASAX Leopard hunt II 64gb SSD

Dell 1390 b/g 54g WiFi MiniPCI Car

A10 bios

running 10.6.4

Nice work

unfortunately the pack at the bottom of your post for a d620 with gma950 that inlcudes dsdt boot.info with and efi patch does not work with my D620 I just get a kernel panic or if I just use you boot.info and my own dsdt and kext I get a blank screen, I did change the resolution in the boot.info also.

Maybe because I have the model with 1280X800 lcd resolution?

however your snow leopard boot disk is fantastic and those base kexts are great I just have to delete the networking kext to get my broadcom working OOB.

After hrs of messing around and editing dsdt's (I remember doing this for an earlier version of leopard) It honestly seems to to nothing at all, I now run both my systems without a dsdt no problem in fact I find the dsdt make the system less stable than patched kexts, anyone elese have this experience?

get one of these and push f12 at boot to choose to boot off the drive you put in it with windows on it, it replaces your dvd rom with another drive bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

00110071002.jpg

http://www.current-eyes.com/albums/userpic...00110071002.jpg

bcmalloy

Since I'm not really going to be using my D620 as a mac until later (upgraded ram + Wifi + Bluetooth).

I basically have the same specs except wifi, and Harddrive.

I have something I want you to test to see if it will make your graphics work. I have the intel Gma 950 as well and would love to see it work! (attached)

Tcheno

For bluetooth if it doesn't work oob then get a cheap usb one search the forums for answers

EFI_Studio.zip

so im new... but i have a latitude d620 and have installed mac os 10.6 but when i go to the boot disk and click on the .cmd to enable the it boot to the hard drive it asks for a password but i cant write??? weird... then if i take out the disk for reboot mac os will say i need to reboot and it will never get back in... great.. and then when i try to install windows 7 back or onto the double partition i get boot mgr not found.. im screwed... any help?

forgive my newness

THANKS!