Problems with CPUThrottler2? please post them in this thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Azurael

Azurael

How many Ace Rimmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
No. Doesn't work with 8.8.1. As said before, we'll have to wait until ACPICPUThrottle.kext is fixed by its author. It's nothing to do with CPUThrottler2 itself. Bumping the thread will only cause annoyance, instead, wait until the author of ACPICPUThrottle's site, here is updated.

Guest: bikedude880_*

Guest: bikedude880_*
  • Guests

No. Doesn't work with 8.8.1. As said before, we'll have to wait until ACPICPUThrottle.kext is fixed by its author. It's nothing to do with CPUThrottler2 itself. Bumping the thread will only cause annoyance, instead, wait until the author of ACPICPUThrottle's site, here is updated.

This driver WILL NOT WORK on newer versions of Apple MacOS X. Specifically, it's known to work on v8.4.1 kernels (Tiger 10.4.4). Newer kernels (eg; 8.6.1) just don't provide the rtc_clock_stepping() call required to resynchronise clocks. If you know anything about how newer kernels implement speed stepping, I'd love to hear from you - even better if you can patch in support yourself.

offall

offall

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I followed to the author's blog http://www.nedprod.com/
it seems he is doing his course work and no more interested /doing any mac programing right now

this program seems to have died already

too pity, it was a very good tool and only thing I know that able to measure the real time cpu frequency and VID.

battle_clown

battle_clown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
it would be a real shame if this program should not be developed further... it was perfect as a companion to the cputhrottle.kext... if only the bug with terminal/dmg loading/recycle bin was corrected :( :( :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy