• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1380 replies to this topic

thedopefishlives

thedopefishlives

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Can someone who has this working copy the output of "kextstat | grep ATI".

If I try "sudo kextload -t ATINDRV.kext" with either the 10.4.4, 4.5, or 4.6 versions, I get this error:

kernel extension ATINDRV.kext has problems:
Validation failures
{
"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleVersion does not match executable's MODULE_VERSION" = true
"Kext has a kernel dependency prior to version 6.0 and CFBundleIdentifier does not match executable's MODULE_NAME" = true
}

Now, I can edit Info.plist to resolve these errors, but those edits aren't in Boris' initial steps. I don't understand how ATINDRV is actually doing anything if its failing to load.

For those that have gotten this to work, what happens if you don't do the ATINDRV changes?

Thanks

op

Hey, how did you fix this? I have the same issue, and I'd like to try this solution to see if it might work on my video card.

borisbadenov

borisbadenov

InsanelyMac Sage

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

update on the 10.4.4/10.4.5 theory. i just copied the 10.4.4 ATINDRV and X1000 kexts, did boris' changes and booted up. i got a weird corrupt screen with loads of blocks of colour, but it was definitely running (ie there was a discernible block at the bottom which behaved like the dock, and blocks at the top for menus etc).

boris got back to me to say he's *upgraded* his installation "with the 10.4.6 Jas patch", and everything still works fine. however, due to my above experiences, im still working on the theory that this will NOT work on a fresh 10.4.6 Jas install.

gonna take me a little while to copy the 10.4.4/5 dvd iso off my fileserver ({censored} wireless connection only) but once its copied and burnt and installed i'll try again.

Yes, Munky, you are correct that I am running my 10.4.6 from the Jas patch from an installed 10.4.5 from Myzar. I tried the direct Jas 10.4.6 DVD but it would not recognise my sata drive. But I did look at the ati kexts and they looked the same but I cannot confirm 100% without trying. Good luck

Wig72

Wig72

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Is there any possibility to enable dvi output ? Vga is working well, but I've got problems with my dvi port

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
hi boris - thanks for the info. even if the ATI kexts are the same, there are a lot of supporting kexts (IOPCIFamily and the frameworks etc) which could make a big difference.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed that installing the myzar disk will solve the problem. otherwise... well.. does anyone want to buy a nearly-new X1800XL PCI-E? :guitar:

borisbadenov

borisbadenov

InsanelyMac Sage

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

hi boris, thanks for the update. is that a fresh JaS 10.4.6 or did you *upgrade* your 10.4.5 ?

Wig, buy me a nice LCD display and I will be very happy to test it out for you, LOL

Munky, as I just wrote, I upgraded my existing 10.4.5 because I could not get the Jas10..6 to boot off my sata drive.

Wig72

Wig72

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Boris, could you pls.tell me how to enable the dvi support ?

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
lol yeah boris, sorry i posted that before your reply came in. as you can see i've edited my post. :guitar:

goddamn why does copying DVD images over 802.11g take so LOOOONG? :guitar:

asapreta

asapreta

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
I know it is kinda offtopic, but to implement 10.4.6 is better to install 10.4.5 from Myzar and then use the Jas Patch?

Early when 10.4.3 was cracked i had problems with Myzar release and since then I always use the JaS patched ones. So It could be time for a change.

May I find it in the Bay of Pirates? :guitar:

borisbadenov

borisbadenov

InsanelyMac Sage

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

I know it is kinda offtopic, but to implement 10.4.6 is better to install 10.4.5 from Myzar and then use the Jas Patch?

Early when 10.4.3 was cracked i had problems with Myzar release and since then I always use the JaS patched ones. So It could be time for a change.

May I find it in the Bay of Pirates? :guitar:

Wig, I'll send you the address for my nice 30" wide screen LCD display LMAO

Munky, lol

Asapreta, The only reason I used this version of 10.4.5 was that is the one I could get at the time. I tried to use Jas 10.4.6 but it would not boot off my sata drive and I was too tired to play around wih too many things. but the update patch worked eaier. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
1.23Gb of 4.38Gb copied. This is literally killing me.

IN THE FACE.

MacBlac

MacBlac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I've tried DVI and VGA. VGA freezes at a blue screen, DVI freezes at a toxic purple one.

kday

kday

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Well, I tried what I suggested earlier for ATIRadeon9700.kext based cards, and it didn't work. Nothing changed. I tried the way boris did it, and I get a black screen with white barcode like lines.

/Still trying

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
can anyone who has boris's solution working under a JaS 10.4.6 install (that is, installed from scratch using JaS 10.4.6 DVD) please make themselves known?

alternatively, could those who do have it working confirm they are on 10.4.4, 10.4.5 or 10.4.6 upgraded from one of the older versions (ie not a fresh JaS install) ?

EDIT: I dont {censored} beleive this. I just sat and watched that ISO copy over my wlan FOR AN HOUR, and when it completed, it... vanished. Its just... gone. {censored} it, too late, off to bed. {censored}.

Deetman

Deetman

OSx86 Project Web Guy

• Retired
  • 88 posts
This just in! This method works and provides a fully supported graphics card on my x1600 Pro AGP. Best $100 I've ever spent!

my device ID is the same as boris' and it is the 256MB version made by Sapphire.

I am running JaS 10.4.6 as well...

:happymac:

MacBlac

MacBlac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Nooooooooooooo! Well, that's ok, I didn't feel like a re-install anyhow :happymac:

For some reason I can't get it to load the X1000.kext with out a black screen with a strip of color at the top at boot after replacing the modified files with the originals... I had QE+CI before, but still never 1680x1050, now I have neither, but I do get 1400x1050 still from the boot.plist, weird... Keep us posted.

Something strange is going on with the X1800s (Sapphire here also)

adalbertoma

adalbertoma

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Oh, Gosh! Gotta get this thing to work with my AIW X800 XT AGP.
Has anyone succeed trying this with ATI9700 kexts?

Would appreciate any help, boris!

Thanks!

munky

munky

Agent of Evolution

• Retired
  • 2,901 posts
deetman: just to make absolutely clear... you installed from scratch with a JaS 10.4.6 DVD?

MacBlac: mine is an X1800XL PCI-E 256Mb, fyi.

JaS 10.4.6 + boris method ==> blue screen on boot instead of loginwindow

JaS 10.4.6 + 10.4.4 ATINDRV + 10.4.4 ATIX1000*.* + boris method ==> scrambled screen

Myzar 10.4.4 + boris method ==> i'll know once this damn DVD burns :happymac:

(im burning it over the network.. risky? :) )

asapreta

asapreta

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Wig, I'll send you the address for my nice 30" wide screen LCD display LMAO

Munky, lol

Asapreta, The only reason I used this version of 10.4.5 was that is the one I could get at the time. I tried to use Jas 10.4.6 but it would not boot off my sata drive and I was too tired to play around wih too many things. but the update patch worked eaier. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Thanks for your support. Do you think this may work on a x1300 card? BBA one.

kday

kday

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Ok, I tried boris's method with the ATIRadeon kext's from 10.4.5 and 10.4.6. Couldn't get the gui to display.

Next I will try linking ATINDRV with Callisto. For Callisto, I believe you set ATY,WORMY to OMNI,CALLISTO. I'm not sure if this is correct as I am trying to recall off of my memory. I will double check what that string is and post back. Not sure if it will work, but it's worth a try.

I am using an ATI Radeon Mobility 9600.

Deetman

Deetman

OSx86 Project Web Guy

• Retired
  • 88 posts
munky: Actually, it was an upgrade from 10.4.4/10.4.5 Myzar...

The thing is, I don't think it would matter if it was an upgrade or not. If 10.4.6 has a newer version of the file/extension/whatever, it will copy over the 10.4.5 version. Atleast in theory it would...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy