[Guide] Using DSDT with the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

• Please log in to reply
575 replies to this topic

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,050 posts
Mitch_de has posted the latest version of iASLMe. Download it from here.

martisti

martisti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Thank you blackosx I did'n know I have to extract the .exe file...

I will give a try tomorrow and write if succeed.

petrs99

petrs99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Hi, I have noticed that when i take out something from USB slot (like iPod, usb stics etc.) while my hack is sleeping, it wakes and then sleep the computer over and over again. I am using new dsdt from mm67 from dsdt fixes thread. I dont have it before with the oldest dsdt I think. Do you have some advice?

CiViCKiDD

CiViCKiDD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Can anyone confirm this DSDT works interchangeably with the GA-EP43-DS3L motherboard? I want to do a clean "vanilla" install (I can't seem to get iMovie, iDVD, or Final Cut Pro on my iAtkos 7: Leopard install).

I'm looking to do a vanilla Snow Leopard install, if that makes a difference. Thanks guys!

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Hi, I have noticed that when i take out something from USB slot (like iPod, usb stics etc.) while my hack is sleeping, it wakes and then sleep the computer over and over again. I am using new dsdt from mm67 from dsdt fixes thread. I dont have it before with the oldest dsdt I think. Do you have some advice?

Are you saying that your hack goes into somekind of wake-sleep loop when removing a USB 2.0 device during sleep ? Both of my systems wake up if I remove a usb stick during sleep, then there is the warning about not properly removing usb devices. Warning goes off after a while and then everything is back to normal, next sleep happens normally after the set idle time, no loops. Could you post your dsdt, I'd like to see if you did something in a different way than I did.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,050 posts

My system also wakes from sleep if I remove my iPhone from it's charging dock. But that's fine. But I don't experience any kind of loop. Exactly which DSDT did you use from the Gigabyte DSDT Fix thread? Can you try the DSDT I have posted here which has any specific CPU information removed and should work for you.

Can anyone confirm this DSDT works interchangeably with the GA-EP43-DS3L motherboard? I want to do a clean "vanilla" install (I can't seem to get iMovie, iDVD, or Final Cut Pro on my iAtkos 7: Leopard install).

I'm looking to do a vanilla Snow Leopard install, if that makes a difference. Thanks guys!

This DSDT is specific for the GA-EP45-DS3L, though your boards specs do look similar. You shouldn't just jump in and grab any DSDT so it's best to build your own, then modify it to match mm67's style. Start by using the guide at the start of this thread, or find somebody else who is using your exact motherboard (maybe have a look through the Gigabyte DSDT Fix thread?)

martisti

martisti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Thank you blackosx!!!!

I have success!!!No more BIOS reset!!!At the moment I am searching for good working PS/2 drivers.I have to boot with "-f" everytime in order to have PS/2 mouse and keyboard working...I am using "AppleACPIPS2NUB" "ApllePS2Controler".I have some others but if someone knows good drivers....

Thank you once again!!!

Martist

"CiViCKiDD" I have this DSDT working now!!! I have GA-EP43-DS3L!!!

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Yes. I have one. We use same DSDT.
Regards.

petrs99

petrs99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

My system also wakes from sleep if I remove my iPhone from it's charging dock. But that's fine. But I don't experience any kind of loop. Exactly which DSDT did you use from the Gigabyte DSDT Fix thread? Can you try the DSDT I have posted here which has any specific CPU information removed and should work for you.

I am using this one DSDT from you:-) with my CPU info for speedstep etc. I will try once more..

EDIT: Ok, I just tried untick the option Start up automatically after a power failure and that was it...probably. Everything seems to be ok now.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,050 posts

EDIT: Ok, I just tried untick the option Start up automatically after a power failure and that was it...probably. Everything seems to be ok now.

Great. Well done for sorting your problem ;)

jamonda

jamonda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Regards.

Works with EP45-UD3L also. I've changed only speedstep settings.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,050 posts
I have added a note to the front page to show that the DSDT for the GA-EP45-UD3L and GA-EP43-DS3L are identical to the GA-EP45-DS3L. Thanks to thiagomorales & jamonda for confirming this.

petrs99

petrs99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Are you saying that your hack goes into somekind of wake-sleep loop when removing a USB 2.0 device during sleep ? Both of my systems wake up if I remove a usb stick during sleep, then there is the warning about not properly removing usb devices. Warning goes off after a while and then everything is back to normal, next sleep happens normally after the set idle time, no loops. Could you post your dsdt, I'd like to see if you did something in a different way than I did.

Hi yes there was a loop wake-sleep when I removed something from USB. I solved it already with unticking the option Start up automatically after a power failure. But when i tick it, then I have this wake-sleep loop. And I dont have this warnings about not properly removings of usb devices like you.

Attached Files

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Hi yes there was a loop wake-sleep when I removed something from USB. I solved it already with unticking the option Start up automatically after a power failure. But when i tick it, then I have this wake-sleep loop. And I dont have this warnings about not properly removings of usb devices like you.

Can't find anyway to duplicate your situation, doesn't matter if that option is ticked or not and your dsdt seems fine. What exactly were you removing, if I remove for example a usb stick then I get that warning. If I remove something like a wireless usb mouse receiver then I get no warning but system wakes up normally.

petrs99

petrs99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
It doesnt matter what I remove, I just tried USB stick, iPhone, iPod.. I dont get that warning when it wakes from sleep. Thank you for the work on DSDT by the way:-)

EDIT: sorry so it is the same like by you. I get that warning when I remove for example USB stick, or my external HD. But it hides very fast, i dont have to click ok.

mm67

mm67

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

It doesnt matter what I remove, I just tried USB stick, iPhone, iPod.. I dont get that warning when it wakes from sleep. Thank you for the work on DSDT by the way:-)

EDIT: sorry so it is the same like by you. I get that warning when I remove for example USB stick, or my external HD. But it hides very fast, i dont have to click ok.

Yes, then everything else is the same except that strange sleep-wake loop. Let's see if someone else reports that, then we can try to pinpoint what causes it.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,050 posts

I'll do some more testing on my system this weekend to see if I also have this.

EDIT: I have done a couple of quick tests with the new DSDT.

When I put my machine to sleep, regardless of whether the 'Start up automatically after a power failure' is ticked or not, it will wake when I remove my iPhone or USB stick. I don't experience any wake-sleep loop.

If I remove my USB stick, when the system wakes up I receive the following error..
Attached File  Screen_shot_2009_12_18_at_18.25.43.png   28.59KB   12 downloads
which is normal as that happens when removing the same USB stick without ejecting it.

There is no error when removing my iphone as it's designed to be unplugged without ejecting it.

LOLmoe

LOLmoe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
hey blackosx,

do you mind if you give me the link for your latest DSDT.aml you're using?

My friend has GeForce 8800GT, EP45-DS3L (I think same as your setup) and E7500 (instead of E7400).

Do you think it'll work without changing the DSDT.aml for my friends PC?

My setup is different, I'm bought the EP45-DS3L, but I have a GTS 250, I'm going to change the DSDT part of the graphics card, and the CPU Speedstep (I think you have a link for that in the 1st page).

Thanks

thiagomorales

thiagomorales

Think different...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
I have upload DIFF of Mine original DSDT from acpidump from linux (GA-EP43-DS3L) with GA-EP45-DS3L posted by BlackOSX.

The only difference is that my BIOS are modded(using DELL slics 2.1) for use with Windows 7.

Regards

Regards.

Attached Files

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,050 posts

hey blackosx,

do you mind if you give me the link for your latest DSDT.aml you're using?

Here's the latest DSDT I am using.
Attached File  dsdt.dsl.zip   5.58KB   176 downloads

My friend has GeForce 8800GT, EP45-DS3L (I think same as your setup) and E7500 (instead of E7400).
Do you think it'll work without changing the DSDT.aml for my friends PC?

Yes, it will work, though you will have to change the CPU data in Scope (_PR) to match that of your friends E7500, mine is for the E7300 at 2.66GHz (standard clock). Also I haven't included video in the DSDT as I use Chameleon's device injection.

My setup is different, I'm bought the EP45-DS3L, but I have a GTS 250, I'm going to change the DSDT part of the graphics card, and the CPU Speedstep (I think you have a link for that in the 1st page).

As above, yes, change the CPU data for yours and try using Chameleons device injection for your video. (See here)

I have upload DIFF of Mine original DSDT from acpidump from linux (GA-EP43-DS3L) with GA-EP45-DS3L posted by BlackOSX.

The only difference is that my BIOS are modded(using DELL slics 2.1) for use with Windows 7.

Thanks thiago, I can see there is no difference in the DSDT now :angel:
What's DELL slics 2.1 and why/how have you modded your BIOS?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy