[UPDATED) PC EFI v10.1 with Source is OUT! Leopard & Snow Compatible

Onixs

95 posts in this topic

I'm setting up SL using this latest PCEFIv10, but keep getting KP at boot up with error "Type 14 = page fault". I tried these boot options "-v -x32, -v -x64, -v -x" but same error persists. Any idea what could be the problem? Thanks.

I wasn't aware there was any random KP when not booting with -f.

-Stell

I also got an KP after some minutes of run (latest SL).

Never used -f (force not using .mkext) which should make that KP.

Maybe some of the extra 64Bit kext, most of us use (DSMOS_64, UUID_64, ..) may be a problem / need some finetuning / different compiler options (less optimasation level, some other compiler options) ?

from the source its clear you didnt add anything of value but just retagged the work of others.

Is that sentence supposed to help, or be constructive in any way??

Does that mean that Netkas didn't added Snow support to the bootloader?

I'm setting up SL using this latest PCEFIv10, but keep getting KP at boot up with error "Type 14 = page fault". I tried these boot options "-v -x32, -v -x64, -v -x" but same error persists. Any idea what could be the problem? Thanks.

make sure you get the latest updated kext needed to prevent kp

hint irc

So, i suppose you know who did? Would you care to share so i can thank the person?

i got it working for me on my ud3p. first i ran dsdt patcher gui with only "apply dsdt patch to" checked to create a dsdt.aml which i gather was necessary. Then i installed the official chameleon 2 r431 package. After that i made invisible files visible with and replaced the boot file in / with the boot file you downlod at the start of this thread. the date at the top of the chameleon 2 boot screen is 6/30 so i suppose it is working....this is on 10.5.7

Hi,

Great to have a new version of PCefi, thanks netkas! I'm sad to say though that it doesn't fully work on my system. Here's what I'm trying to do:

The harddisk in my hackintosh (Core2Duo E6400, Nividia 8800GTS, Gigabyte EP35-DS4, 4Gb RAM) contains 3 partitions (all hfs+ guid):

Partition 1: Leopard is installed on this partition with chameleon2rc1, replaced bootfile with bootfile from PCefiv10. Patched dsdt file in root, mkext and boot.plist in /Extra folder. Leopard boots perfectly.

Partition 2: SnowLeopard is installed on this partition. Patched dsdt file (with cmos fix) in root of this partition, Mkext with the 64-bit kexts and boot.plist is in /Extra folder on this partition. Snow Leopard gives a kernel panic almost immediately after selecting this partition in the chameleon menu. Using -x32 flag makes no difference.

Partition 3: only a data partition.

I've tried a lot of things but the SL-partition simply won't boot and gives a kernel panic almost immediately. The strange thing is that when I install SL on an external USB harddisk with PCefiv9 it boots perfectly.

Anyone knows why SL won't boot from the internal harddisk partition?

Harbri

• 2 weeks later...
how did you manage to get your ati card working in snow?

i couldn't manage to get my 3870 working in either 32 or 64bit mode, not even booting to GUI, let alone QE/CI.

tried many combination:

- injector with default dsdt

- no injector with patched dsdt

- device property string in boot.plist with default dsdt

none of it work - when booting it halts on "Device found in slot 1".

btw, in leopard my 3870 wouldn't work with netkas' natit (using lamna framework) - it only works with either triakis or megadolon framebuffer.

zarac:

Been booting into SL with 3870. Just delete ATI3800Controller kext from extensions and safe boot. It's not pretty, but it does work for 32 and 64. I'm not sure Megalodon framebuffer is still being used for the 3800s, so am going to try a variety of DSDT framebuffer mods with appropriate strings. I doubt I'll enjoy any success, but if I do I'll post. Reading the ATI3800 kext after failing to initialize suggests power management for fans is a culprit.

With 10.5.7 I've been using koalala's megalodon framebuffer dsdt mod, and the matching efi string. No go with Snow Leo.

Open to suggestions. Just thought you might want to know you can boot with a 3870 into Snow.

machinist

Guest electro

UPDATE !!

PC_EFI v.10.2 Beta

PC EFI is a bootloader based on chameleon2 source code, v 10.3 brings one new feature, a cd/dvd-rom reading driver for ide mode(compatibe/legacy and enchanced/native).

The driver based on mindrvr from ata-atapi.com.

it doesn’t work with ahci(it will not detect dvd drives in ahci mode, hard drives still work fine).

it’s beta, so its only for testing, driver may not work for you.

known issues: sata ports 5-6 doesnt work, so I disabled scanning of those.

plz test it if you can, in different configurations, and send feedbacks.

if it freezes at black screen with white text , before gui appears, make a camshot of it and post in comments, with you configuration (mobo model, which ports connect to device(which device)).

here is how it works for me, video was a bit edited to make it less booring.

link to bootloader

link to sources

to install v10.2 - if you dont have pcefi v10.x or Chameleon2RC1 installed yet, download and install Chameleon2RC1 (not RC2)

then just replace old boot file with new one.

so far it was tested only with some intel controllers, wasnt tested with ite/jmicron/nvidia/amd controllers

You absolutely need to insert a mac os x install dvd when trying it, if you want dvd icon to appear in gui.

Thanks to fassl for support.

more info

http://netkas.org/?p=122

• 3 weeks later...
on the upper left i see:

Darwin/x86 boot v.5.0.132 - Chameleon v.2.0-RC1 r

Build date: 2009-06-30 13:40:25

so i suppose i've installed latest version

Ok. I'm wondering the same thing. Sorry if the question is stupid.

I have Chameleon v2 RC1. I replaced the boot file in the root directory where Chameleon is istalled. I copied the boot file in root directory of mac os too.

On the upper left i still see:

Darwin/x86 boot v.5.0.132 - Chameleon v.2.0-RC1 r

Build date: 2009-07-23 (not exactly the same than sam11)

Why 5.0.132. It should be 10.1.

Can someone explain this to me? I'm a bit lost. Thanks a lot

EDIT: SL is working (ok) w/o DSDT.aml and in 64bit, so i guess iam using the correct bootloader.

• 1 month later...