• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

stellarola

stellarola

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
Anyone running 10a380, there's updates waiting for you in Software Update. :)

http://forums.macrum...ad.php?t=733684

-Stell

fletch33

fletch33

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
i updated and it is nice running even smoother and expose in dock works :)

ariadri

ariadri

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
wow unbelievable :( its a definite must upgrade
everything is much snappier and of course the expose in dock is awesome

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,213 posts
Working great here, just need to fix/replace my 2600XT.

your mother

your mother

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Now flip4mac plugin kinda works(have to right click and select open in new window for safari) and battery life is much improved on my MBP 2.4Ghz. Just tried firefox and flip4mac plugin is still broken grrr :)

ricola

ricola

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
it works here too ..

Posted Image

StormPCs

StormPCs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I put it on a 120 GB OCZ Vertex and it is WICKED FAST!!! :rolleyes:

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
anyone else getting the 'file not found' error?

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
I downloaded it through Software Update and it installed and ran fine. Question: where does the OS keep this A394 when downloading? I would like to reuse it to update more partitions that run SL so that I don't have to go through this downloading process.
Thanks

StormPCs

StormPCs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

I downloaded it through Software Update and it installed and ran fine. Question: where does the OS keep this A394 when downloading? I would like to reuse it to update more partitions that run SL so that I don't have to go through this downloading process.
Thanks

Ummm.....the download folder?

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
jesus Storm PCs how about thinking before you type.

pretty sure its /Library/Updates

StormPCs

StormPCs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Well SL blows right not anyway. The 9400M driver is not functional. I mean, it sorta works, but it is terrible.

If you do anything that requires video performance then don't use SL yet.

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
.....unless you have a card that isn't a 9400M

StormPCs

StormPCs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

.....unless you have a card that isn't a 9400M

Have you compared benchmarks before and after SL? I'd be interested in your results.

I've done lots of testing (not just video) and SL is not ready for anything except testing to see what else needs to be fixed. Running SL basically turns a rock-solid Mac into a Hack.

SL is just a fun toy right now and does not qualify as an OS (unless you run a Hackintosh in which case you are used to your system having issues.)

moridinbg

moridinbg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Interesting opinian. I have been using 10A394 since it came out with clean install on Macbook White 2009.

The onli issue I have had is some nasty bug with samba, that causes the authentication service to eat all CPU resources and refuse to die with both killall -9 and Force Close.

Other than that  the system runs just fine. I haven't notices the graphics issue, probably it is apparent only in more graphics intense applications like games or 3D.

For everyday work with XCode, Opera and iTunes there are no noticeable regressions.

In fact XCode 3.2 has so many great improvements over 3.1.2, that I have no intention to revet back to 10.5. 

StormPCs

StormPCs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
If you only use a few apps and it works fine for you then the only downside will be you'll have to reinstall when you get the actual retail version or you just can't use any of the many programs that I find will not work. I am finding more everyday.

I use way too many programs that won't work so I think I will stay away from SL until it gets better. They better get to work if they want it to ship in time for Christmas.

If your machine has a 9400M run Xbench and post your video scores. They will suck. Again, if you don't need fast video then it doesn't matter I guess. To me, if I pay for it I want it to work.

geiman

geiman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

If you only use a few apps and it works fine for you then the only downside will be you'll have to reinstall when you get the actual retail version or you just can't use any of the many programs that I find will not work. I am finding more everyday.

I use way too many programs that won't work so I think I will stay away from SL until it gets better. They better get to work if they want it to ship in time for Christmas.

If your machine has a 9400M run Xbench and post your video scores. They will suck. Again, if you don't need fast video then it doesn't matter I guess. To me, if I pay for it I want it to work.

The point I think most here are trying to get across to you is that it works fine for them, for their purposes, and they are enjoying it. Why are you complaining? If you have problems with it, either nicely ask for help or go back to Leopard until things are more sorted out.

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
StormPCs, whats your hardware? Snow 10a380 runs perfectly well on my Macbook Core Duo. The only problems I've had are with creating an ad-hoc network and a couple of lockups around the 5 day uptime mark. It hasn't 'made my Mac into a Hac' - and Hac users aren't used to things breaking, as you claim. My Hac is rock solid now.

StormPCs

StormPCs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I have lots of hardware but I ran SL only on my Minis.

I'm just reporting what I have found during testing. SL is not finished and I hope the final release is not like these developer ones. If it is I won't be running SL. I have too many programs that I must have and if SL can't run them then it's of no use to me. Looks like SL could be Apple's Vista.

As for everyone else? Knock yourselves out. Not my problem.

moridinbg

moridinbg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
Did anyone else notice that the per-app keyboard layout is back? No more SIMBL hacks!!!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy