[Guide] Hackintosh on HP 550 Notebook

mardurhack

221 posts in this topic

In my case, 10.5.8 update was all fine. Just needed to modify GMAX3100.kext's again. Now the computer also boots with the screen powered on, so is better to apply this update.

Any words on fan issues?

Cheers!

mardurhack.

i installed the touchpad software. for some reason, the install was partially working on my notebook. when i login and choosing which profile. it works the "Touchpad Tapping" is working but when i reached my profile. it doesnt work completely but the scrolling works. any ideas on how to fix it? thanks

• 3 weeks later...

HI EVERYBODY! Excuse me but I wasn't able to connect during holidays! :P Now I'm back ready to retry experiments!

@Gidi: Have you solved with fan? What do you mean when you say "with AC power it works fine"? Because even if AC is connected my fan turns on at maximum speed only when the CPU is at 70°C! Then it shuts down and CPU becomes hot...again! It always does this way...I also experienced your same problem with battery: fan shuts completely down! Why??? Hope you find something useful! I keep digging in the web! :P Thanks for your help and interest :o

@audiophile_user: I don't understand... When you are going to login tap doesn't work? If yes well...It's normal because the driver is not loaded yet...If you are saying that when you've already logged in tap doesn't work...This is another kind of problem...Have you enabled it from Voodoo configuration panel? Waiting for your reply! :)

has anyone updated to snow leopard? ive got everything working on 10.5.8 (sound, wifi, power, sleep, display, brightness) and i dont really want to mess it all up while updating. Any good guides to dual boot snow leo and leo 10.5.8?

Are you serious? And haven't you experienced the fan problem? Anyway could you describe the procedure? Thanks..

has anyone updated to snow leopard? ive got everything working on 10.5.8 (sound, wifi, power, sleep, display, brightness) and i dont really want to mess it all up while updating. Any good guides to dual boot snow leo and leo 10.5.8?

As far as i know i havent experienced the fan problem. My fans working fine when it needs to work, my temps range from 30 - 40 degree C.

1 boot with boot 132

change cd to osx installation (i used retail 10.5)

2 before installing, go to disk utility and format hard drive, mac osx partition

3 install

4 after reboot insert boot 132 again

5 for migration loop

boot with 132

-v -s options

on command prompt enter the 2 commands above the console

passwd root

new password (enter your own)

touch var/db/AppleSetupDone

6 install chameleon rc2

copy extentions from boot 132 /extras/extentions to /(ur drive)/extras/extentions make it work

7 for display install all kexts (version 1.5.36.25) make sure all kexts including bundles are the same version, make sure quartz is supported, repair permissions, reboot

once quartz is supported install appleintelgmax3100fb older version (1.5.18)

before reboot, open osx86tools

add efi string

choose gma 950 from drop down list

update boot.plist

make sure u have ur dsdt.aml in root for brightness control (default keys are scroll and pause)

reboot

8 sound, install voodoohda

9 trackpad, make sure u remove appleps2.kext

install voodoops2

10 wifi should pick up, if not install broadcom kext

11 lan, intel82566mm kext

12 sleep, copy voodoopower to /extras/extentions

install sleepenabler kext

i have noticed that it takes a little while for the laptop to sleep, once u click sleep or close the lid dont panic that the lights are still on, give it some time and they will go off by themselves, u might have problems with sound once u wake up, theres an easy fix for this via sleepwatcher.

sorry for the very quick and rough guide. if you need any help ask me and i will try to get back to you soon as possible

hope this helps u get a perfect hackintosh

OK thank you very much :( I'll try this procedure with retail installation. This could become THE new guide! :( Are you talking about the same HP550 as described in the guide right?

As far as i know i havent experienced the fan problem. My fans working fine when it needs to work, my temps range from 30 - 40 degree C.

1 boot with boot 132

change cd to osx installation (i used retail 10.5)

2 before installing, go to disk utility and format hard drive, mac osx partition

3 install

4 after reboot insert boot 132 again

5 for migration loop

boot with 132

-v -s options

on command prompt enter the 2 commands above the console

passwd root

new password (enter your own)

touch var/db/AppleSetupDone

6 install chameleon rc2

copy extentions from boot 132 /extras/extentions to /(ur drive)/extras/extentions make it work

7 for display install all kexts (version 1.5.36.25) make sure all kexts including bundles are the same version, make sure quartz is supported, repair permissions, reboot

once quartz is supported install appleintelgmax3100fb older version (1.5.18)

before reboot, open osx86tools

add efi string

choose gma 950 from drop down list

update boot.plist

make sure u have ur dsdt.aml in root for brightness control (default keys are scroll and pause)

reboot

8 sound, install voodoohda

9 trackpad, make sure u remove appleps2.kext

install voodoops2

10 wifi should pick up, if not install broadcom kext

11 lan, intel82566mm kext

12 sleep, copy voodoopower to /extras/extentions

install sleepenabler kext

i have noticed that it takes a little while for the laptop to sleep, once u click sleep or close the lid dont panic that the lights are still on, give it some time and they will go off by themselves, u might have problems with sound once u wake up, theres an easy fix for this via sleepwatcher.

sorry for the very quick and rough guide. if you need any help ask me and i will try to get back to you soon as possible

hope this helps u get a perfect hackintosh

How did you get the brightness to work, I get the half screen darker than the other

please post a how to for everything you try! It's important to increase the success rat of the guide ;) and say if your hardware is the same! Thanks in advance...

please post a how to for everything you try! It's important to increase the success rat of the guide :( and say if your hardware is the same! Thanks in advance...

my hardware is in my signature (just updated it :) ). I will post a much more clear guide to how i got everything working, although the rough guide did sum up everything, i will also post all the kexts i used.

How did you get the brightness to work, I get the half screen darker than the other

your half way there, if your using the AppleIntelGMAX3100 the same version as in my signature, then open up OSX86Tools, go to Add EFI strings, GFX Strings and choose Intel GMA 950 from the drop down list, click Import string to boot editor, Apply changes to boot.plist. Make sure u have the patched DSDT.aml in / for the brightness control to work. Reboot. It should work flawlessly now.

Ok I think I found the problem :) You have a Dual Core with the same specs of Core 2 Duo used on Mac. Instead we (with a Celeron 530-550) experience the fan problem because it's not a CPU supported or used by ANY Apple Computer.... :) But I want to try the last chance...The retail version. Could you attach to your next guide all kext needed please? Thanks ;) And if you can every link to boot123 and other tools used... To be sure to use your same version.

my hardware is in my signature (just updated it :P ). I will post a much more clear guide to how i got everything working, although the rough guide did sum up everything, i will also post all the kexts i used.

your half way there, if your using the AppleIntelGMAX3100 the same version as in my signature, then open up OSX86Tools, go to Add EFI strings, GFX Strings and choose Intel GMA 950 from the drop down list, click Import string to boot editor, Apply changes to boot.plist. Make sure u have the patched DSDT.aml in / for the brightness control to work. Reboot. It should work flawlessly now.

Hi,

I successfully installed snow leopard on my notebook.

I tried to follow a retail install guide using a usb stick to boot on, but I experienced a kernel panic, I must have forgotten an important kext in the extra folder, anyway this is how I did:

I reinstalled leopard and reformated my hard drive by using two partitions GPT, a small one (11 Go) for leopard, and a spare one for future snow leo.

In leo, I installed Snow leo to the other partition, installed chameleon 2 rc2 and replace the boot file from netkas as explained in all guides.

Then, I removed the extensions in the extra folder (on disk snow leo), and placed fakesmc, voodoops2 and voodoohda.

I modified the intelGMAX3100 kexts to have the correct ids.

Once booted on snow leo, there was lots of permissions problems, so a quick repair and then worked ok.

Problems:

no 64bits for the graphic card. (Boots ok and everything work, that's a shame)

I have still a problem for my usb2, the interrupt filter pb I saw sometimes on leo, and I can't repair permissions, it says : "Started verify/repair permissions on disk0s2 SnowLeo

No packages can be found for this disk

Error: -9900: No installer packages can be found for this disk

Underlying error: 20: POSIX reports: Not a directory

"

???

I didn't try time machine yet, nor the ethernet, but both sound and keyboard/trackpad work as before.

Hi,

I successfully installed snow leopard on my notebook.

I tried to follow a retail install guide using a usb stick to boot on, but I experienced a kernel panic, I must have forgotten an important kext in the extra folder, anyway this is how I did:

I reinstalled leopard and reformated my hard drive by using two partitions GPT, a small one (11 Go) for leopard, and a spare one for future snow leo.

In leo, I installed Snow leo to the other partition, installed chameleon 2 rc2 and replace the boot file from netkas as explained in all guides.

Then, I removed the extensions in the extra folder (on disk snow leo), and placed fakesmc, voodoops2 and voodoohda.

I modified the intelGMAX3100 kexts to have the correct ids.

Once booted on snow leo, there was lots of permissions problems, so a quick repair and then worked ok.

Problems:

no 64bits for the graphic card. (Boots ok and everything work, that's a shame)

I have still a problem for my usb2, the interrupt filter pb I saw sometimes on leo, and I can't repair permissions, it says : "Started verify/repair permissions on disk0s2 SnowLeo

No packages can be found for this disk

Error: -9900: No installer packages can be found for this disk

Underlying error: 20: POSIX reports: Not a directory

"

???

I didn't try time machine yet, nor the ethernet, but both sound and keyboard/trackpad work as before.

thanks for your findings gprince, i have been trying to get my snow leo up and running but i keep getting kp. could you please make something clear, once your in leo and you install snow leo onto another partition, where do you install chamaleon? do u install it on snow leo or leo once again? it didnt make sense to me to install it on snow leo since chamaleon only works from the active partition, in this case which would be leo, by default it doesnt pick up kexts from 2nd partition while booting no matter if you select it.

Ehi guys...I'm back on Windows due to the fan problem! :( Please have any of you discovered something useful to solve this problem? Especially on Intel Celeron because is an unsupported architecture while Core2 Duo is a standard on Macbooks... :) Thanks in advance for any reply! ;)

To dakku

I installed chameleon on the snow leo partition.

I found why the repair permissions didn't work, I had to reinstall the BSD package from DVD.

I have still the usb problem, but only in 32 bits.

Wifi ok, sleep ok, battery icon ok, and brightness ok.

I had some kp related to IOATA kext, so I replaced it from the one in leo to boot Sow leo, once in snow I replaced the original, repaired kext permissions and after it worked ok.

To dakku

I installed chameleon on the snow leo partition.

I found why the repair permissions didn't work, I had to reinstall the BSD package from DVD.

I have still the usb problem, but only in 32 bits.

Wifi ok, sleep ok, battery icon ok, and brightness ok.

I had some kp related to IOATA kext, so I replaced it from the one in leo to boot Sow leo, once in snow I replaced the original, repaired kext permissions and after it worked ok.

gprince do u mind sharing your SMBIOS.plist? i dont think im getting it right, when i boot into snow leo my keyboard and mouse dont work, i have to plug in usb ones, also i cant get my graphics to work either. only thing that works is wifi

OK. Now. I'm in right thread. I have HP 6720s. I've tried to install Snow Leo using Blackosx experience with desktop comps. I' removed HDD and conect to my Snow Leopard running Hackintosh (Ep35 DS3R, Q6600). I made two partitions, install Chameleon 2RC3 on first, boot from boot cd found on Blackosx thread, install SL on a second partition.

I used dsdt.aml found here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=135410

Change UUID in smbios and PlatformUUID

Insert in Chameleon/Extra/Extensions/:

fakesmc

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

NullCPUPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

PlatformUUID

SleepEnabler

And I got KP on the very boot.

I think that is dsdt.aml issue and start to make my own in windows program Patcher02Beta5, because the one I've found is not documented or I can't find where.

I'll report if any success.

Hi gprince.

Can you, please, make some guide about your SL experience with kext package attached. It will be very nice if you do that, because, (I have 2 hacknitoshs and 1 mac mini running Snow Leopard) SL is the best OS ever and updating is worthy every minute you spend on it. Such a guide will involve more people to think on this issue and will short problem solving time.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.

Maybe to start a new thread?

Ehi guys wait for me!! :P I've just discovered that 2006 macbooks got a T5600 (1.83 Ghz)/ T7200 (2 Ghz) Intel Core 2 Duo CPU! This is the reason because you can get it working and we/I, with a misereable Celeron, can't! :blink: So I'm going to replace the Celeron with a more powerful Core 2 Duo! I've read that is possible: Celeron is based on Intel GLE96X Chipset (the same as C2D) and the core is a Merom! THE SAME MOUNTED ON A CORE 2 DUO! So it's fully compatible with the mainboard! So I can come in your "SnowMac family"...again! XD