• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

Gidi

Gidi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Now I have another clean installation of 10.5.6. Can you tell me the exact procedure you followed? Just update to 10.5.7, install the GFX kext from your package and put DSDT.aml to / ?

Cheers!

mardurhack

mardurhack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Now I have another clean installation of 10.5.6. Can you tell me the exact procedure you followed? Just update to 10.5.7, install the GFX kext from your package and put DSDT.aml to / ?

Cheers!

Just updated to 10.5.7 and modded 10.5.7 IntelGMAX3100 kexts (as is written in my previous post). And DISABLE QUARTZ! By the way I didn't touch any DSDT....what is it?

Gidi

Gidi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
As Gprince suggested:

"I get the right brightness control on hp 550 by:
using the dsdt.aml from BlackCH"

And when I put that DSDT.aml file into / , the audio becomes skippy and system performance decreases a lot when using battery instead of power adapter.

Cheers!

mardurhack

mardurhack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

As Gprince suggested:

"I get the right brightness control on hp 550 by:
using the dsdt.aml from BlackCH"

And when I put that DSDT.aml file into / , the audio becomes skippy and system performance decreases a lot when using battery instead of power adapter.

Cheers!

Let me understand...If you use DSDT you're able to use keystrokes but performance are slower aren't they??

Gidi

Gidi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Yes, that's it, If I use the DSDT, system goes right to sleep, and lets me change screen brightness with pause keys, but low performance when computer is using battery power.

Without the DSDT inside / , the computer is fine with battery power, but can't control screen brightness or put it to S3 sleep.

It's a clean 10.5.6 install, and I'm not using any VoodooBattery or VoodooPower at the moment (but I tried to use them in another installs with same issues)

Cheers!

gprince

gprince

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi,
remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext or be sure the disabler kext is well loaded.

Gidi

Gidi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi Gprince,

I tried to remove that kext, but the problem remains. When I plug back the power cord, system becomes fast again.

Gidi

Gidi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Great! no more slowdowns. It was a problem with that DSDT.

Now I'm trying to compile one with S3 sleep support, brightness and no slow downs. S4 sleep is working already!

Cheers

mardurhack

mardurhack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Great! no more slowdowns. It was a problem with that DSDT.

Now I'm trying to compile one with S3 sleep support, brightness and no slow downs. S4 sleep is working already!

Cheers

Man! If you're able to do something like this I'll be greatful to you life-long! XD Thanks in advance!

ttinsb

ttinsb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi, thanks for the great guide.

I have an HP 550 with Celereon M 550@2,00GHz.

I tried iDeneb 1.4 and forgot to click on customize.
After that installation i had the following:

- pretty fast boot- and shutdown time
- graphics in 1024x768, but really fast and smooth
- working hard disk access
- working usb devices (Mouse, USB Stick and Bluetooth Dongle)
- working trackpad
- no sound
- no wlan

So i did a reinstall and just selected the broadcom driver to get wlan.But wlan didn't work.

Then i discovered this guide. I made a fresh install with iPC 10.5.6 Final and followed exactly the instructions in this guide.

After the first reboot i got wlan, but no USB (no mouse, no access to the stick, no bluetooth).
Boot and shut down times are much slower then with iDeneb 1.4

After a complete shut down i got back USB (mouse, stick and bluetooth working).
So i installed sound and video as described in the guide.

After the reboot i got the full resolution for the first time.
Sound is working, but in very poor quality. It sounds like an broken old radio with my logitech sound system!

USB is gone now forever (i turned of the computer serveral times)

So my question: Is the ICH Chipset driver really nessecary? Deneb worked fine without it!

How can i improve the poor sound quality?

Thanks alot!

Gidi

Gidi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi ttinsb,

ICH Driver isn't necessary since 10.5.7 comes with it. First you need to do after install, is update the system.

For audio, the guide isn't clear enough. Delete all the audio kext you use, and then download VoodooHDA 0.2.2 from voodooprojects site.

Did you place Disabler.kext or removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement?
Also, are you using battery power or is the laptop allways connected to A/C?

Cheers!

mardurhack

mardurhack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Hi ttinsb,

ICH Driver isn't necessary since 10.5.7 comes with it. First you need to do after install, is update the system.

For audio, the guide isn't clear enough. Delete all the audio kext you use, and then download VoodooHDA 0.2.2 from voodooprojects site.

Did you place Disabler.kext or removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement?
Also, are you using battery power or is the laptop allways connected to A/C?

Cheers!

Thanks ;) I'll add the Voodoo driver version to the guide! Anyway if it's not necessary I'll remove ICH installation too...

About your audio troubles: I haven't got them! It's very strange...I installed both VoodooHDA and HDAEnabler and this has been enough to get it working...I got just one bug: If I change the volume it returns to the mid-level after every reboot...

Oh and I'm going to update the Driver Package with up-to-date drivers. I discovered that a newer VoodooHDA.kext version exists. And I could insert the already-modded X3100 2a12 drivers to work with 10.5.7.

THANKS FOR SUPPORTING THIS GUIDE WITH YOUR ADVICES ;) !

@Gidi: Have you also installed HDAEnabler?
@ttinsb: Be sure to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and if you're going to update (i.e. with a future .8) remember to install Disabler.kext ;) Adding to guide soon all these things! ;)

EDIT: MAYBE ANOTHER PROBLEM... :D Fan becomes crazy with unplugged AC! I mean with battery only... Have you experienced this?

ttinsb

ttinsb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
wow, thanks a lot for your great work.

i made a reinstall yesterday without the ich driver and everything is working now.
I still used the audio drivers from the driver pack and followed the instructions in the guide.

This the sound quality is much better (not 100% clear, but this seems to have something to do with the vilume settings).

The Laptop was on AC power all the time. I disconnected ac to see if something changed, but there was no difference.

At the moment i have the following:

- Working Graphics in 1280x800. Flash Videos are ok (not as fast as windows, but much better than ubuntu 9.04), Google Earth works perfectly (its not useable under ubuntu 9.04, because the Intel Video Driver has a bug in the current version)

- Sound is ok (but could be better. Its not clear when volume is set to 100%)

- USB is working, but not USB 2.0?

- Card Reader works perfect

- WLAN works perfect

- Trackpad works, but without the scrollarea on the right side (i did not install the additional drivers from the guide so far)

- Bluetooth is working (Noname USB Dongle)

One stupid question: How do i upgrade to 10.5.7? With the Apple Upate Service? Or is there a Guide how to do this?

Gidi

Gidi

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hi,

I haven't got the fan issues. I'm using slightly modded DSDT, but yet no S3 sleep. If you guys have some time and experience with DSDT patching and debugging, you could help me to reverse engineer the S3 sleep part out of it.
I could upload the method to do that, if someone wants to help me.

I'm only using VoodooHDA for audio. No need to install HDAEnabler. If you do that, you could have some problems, because both kext do the same thing (they are both injectors).

My GFX kext are current .44 version, except for FB.kext which is .18 I haven't got any issues with flash videos. Can watch youtube HD, in fullscreen too. Dual monitor works. Only sometimes I have slow expos or spaces animations.

ttinsb: Try to delete HDAEnabler, keep VoodooHDA, and try to connect some headphones to the laptop to check sound quality. Trackpad and its scroll is working great using VoodooPS2 installer. To upgrade to 10.5.7, make sure you have Disabler.kext and then you can use Apple Software update or download 10.5.7 combo update.

Cheers!

mardurhack

mardurhack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Yeah, much better to use the Combo Update from the Apple web site. Anyway I experience fan problems only sometimes (and only without AC plugged). I'll try to change The ACPIBattery Kext and if this doesn't work I'll try to install a different kernel (I think the 9.5.0 with Sleep support).

@Gidi: If you explain me how I could try :) I cannot assure you because I'm having final exams until the first half of July but I'll give a try :( Ehi what kext have you installed for battery??

Oh and I discovered that Sleep works, like hibernate, if you keep pushed the power button for 5 seconds (the emergency shutdown). At the next reboot Darwin recognizes a "sleeping" kernel and everything will show up like you left it the last time! I don't know if this could be helpful...

@ttinsb: Be aware that since the most of External HDs, USB Flashes and so on, are formatted in NTFS (WinXP/Vista) Mac has a lot of difficulties (bit checking, data convertion etc.) to copy/move files to and from these kind of partitions. If you want the maximum performances you should format in Mac Journaled almost one partition and, optionally but useful, set the partition table from MBR (Master Boot Record: Windows/DOS based) to GUID/Apple (the first is Unix universal partition table, the second is a proprietary apple format useful if you want to install Mac on an external HD).

Thanks!

Hi,

I haven't got the fan issues. I'm using slightly modded DSDT, but yet no S3 sleep. If you guys have some time and experience with DSDT patching and debugging, you could help me to reverse engineer the S3 sleep part out of it.
I could upload the method to do that, if someone wants to help me.

I'm only using VoodooHDA for audio. No need to install HDAEnabler. If you do that, you could have some problems, because both kext do the same thing (they are both injectors).

My GFX kext are current .44 version, except for FB.kext which is .18 I haven't got any issues with flash videos. Can watch youtube HD, in fullscreen too. Dual monitor works. Only sometimes I have slow expos or spaces animations.

ttinsb: Try to delete HDAEnabler, keep VoodooHDA, and try to connect some headphones to the laptop to check sound quality. Trackpad and its scroll is working great using VoodooPS2 installer. To upgrade to 10.5.7, make sure you have Disabler.kext and then you can use Apple Software update or download 10.5.7 combo update.

Cheers!

ttinsb

ttinsb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
thanks again for all your help and all your instructions!!

After a nother reinstall i upgraded with the combo update to 10.5.7.
I had to reinstall the broadcom driver and than installed the graphics and audio drivers (still using the drivers from the package).

The sonund is ok this time. I habe a huge volume difference between quicktime (video) and iTunes (mp3).
Everything else works great now.
I added the usb fix with this installation and the system profiler shows now a high speed usb host.

I am very happy with this installation :-)

It's time now to try the same thing on my desktop :-p

mardurhack

mardurhack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I'm very happy for your...happiness! :thumbsup_anim: Then you got all working have you? Good! The volume difference is "normal". I have the same problem because at every reboot Master volume gains the same level of PCM volume (which is lower than the Master) in a form like:

force PCM = Master: yes
changeVolume(%ld, %ld) The parameters are (Master, PCM)
so PCM and Master are always set on the same level. And because one of them is set by VoodooHDA to a mid-level, the other becomes the same.

To avoid this "bug" you can try to increase PCM and Master volume at max in Sound preferences and then select PCM. If you leave the volume at max level when you power off it will be at the mid level the next time you boot and you just have to increase it (from the normal volume bar). Remember to do the trick before every shutdown/reboot :compress: Or you'll have to increase it from System Preferences.

I'll post very soon a new Driver package and newer (thanks to Gidi, you and other users like ab__73 and gprince!)

UPDATE: I discovered that brightness keys are "controlled" by graphical kexts! Infact if you recovery the 10.5.7 original kexts you'll get them working but with bad resolution! :censored2: I think DSDT editing is not necessary...Maybe for sleep. Or maybe it's enough to install the 9.3.0 modded kernel (found in iPC) with sleep mode enabled...I'll try.

thanks again for all your help and all your instructions!!

After a nother reinstall i upgraded with the combo update to 10.5.7.
I had to reinstall the broadcom driver and than installed the graphics and audio drivers (still using the drivers from the package).

The sonund is ok this time. I habe a huge volume difference between quicktime (video) and iTunes (mp3).
Everything else works great now.
I added the usb fix with this installation and the system profiler shows now a high speed usb host.

I am very happy with this installation :-)

It's time now to try the same thing on my desktop :-p

phrenk

phrenk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a problem with the wireless drivers:

I installed ipc 10.5.6 and everything was working perfectly.

After I updated to 10.5.7 the wireless device disappeared.

I tried to reinstall the kext but nothing.

Can you please me suggest me something?

thanks!

francesco

mardurhack

mardurhack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I have a problem with the wireless drivers:

I installed ipc 10.5.6 and everything was working perfectly.

After I updated to 10.5.7 the wireless device disappeared.

I tried to reinstall the kext but nothing.

Can you please me suggest me something?

thanks!

francesco

Be sure your wifi card is on (by seeing the led under the screen, it has to be blue, not orange). Then try to reinstall kexts directly from reboot. As you would to install the whole OS but this time you'll select only Wifi and Ethernet Drivers (without iPC base system! Be sure to deselect it!!). Let me know if it works :angel:

PS: Suppongo che tu sia Italiano dal nome! Per devo scrivere necessariamente in inglese qui! E poi, non so perch, la versione italiana della guida stata rimossa! Mah...

phrenk

phrenk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Be sure your wifi card is on (by seeing the led under the screen, it has to be blue, not orange). Then try to reinstall kexts directly from reboot. As you would to install the whole OS but this time you'll select only Wifi and Ethernet Drivers (without iPC base system! Be sure to deselect it!!). Let me know if it works :angel:

PS: Suppongo che tu sia Italiano dal nome! Per devo scrivere necessariamente in inglese qui! E poi, non so perch, la versione italiana della guida stata rimossa! Mah...

Waaa!

I realized now that I had a beta of Ipc...now I'm downloading the final, I'll try again and I'll let you know.

ps
yes I'm italian e non s in effetti perch hanno eliminato la guida in italiano...mah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy