[Guide] Hackintosh on HP 550 Notebook

mardurhack

221 posts in this topic

Great! no more slowdowns. It was a problem with that DSDT.

Now I'm trying to compile one with S3 sleep support, brightness and no slow downs. S4 sleep is working already!

Cheers

Man! If you're able to do something like this I'll be greatful to you life-long! XD Thanks in advance!

Hi, thanks for the great guide.

I have an HP 550 with Celereon M 550@2,00GHz.

I tried iDeneb 1.4 and forgot to click on customize.

After that installation i had the following:

- pretty fast boot- and shutdown time

- graphics in 1024x768, but really fast and smooth

- working hard disk access

- working usb devices (Mouse, USB Stick and Bluetooth Dongle)

- working trackpad

- no sound

- no wlan

So i did a reinstall and just selected the broadcom driver to get wlan.But wlan didn't work.

Then i discovered this guide. I made a fresh install with iPC 10.5.6 Final and followed exactly the instructions in this guide.

After the first reboot i got wlan, but no USB (no mouse, no access to the stick, no bluetooth).

Boot and shut down times are much slower then with iDeneb 1.4

After a complete shut down i got back USB (mouse, stick and bluetooth working).

So i installed sound and video as described in the guide.

After the reboot i got the full resolution for the first time.

Sound is working, but in very poor quality. It sounds like an broken old radio with my logitech sound system!

USB is gone now forever (i turned of the computer serveral times)

So my question: Is the ICH Chipset driver really nessecary? Deneb worked fine without it!

How can i improve the poor sound quality?

Thanks alot!

Hi ttinsb,

ICH Driver isn't necessary since 10.5.7 comes with it. First you need to do after install, is update the system.

For audio, the guide isn't clear enough. Delete all the audio kext you use, and then download VoodooHDA 0.2.2 from voodooprojects site.

Did you place Disabler.kext or removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement?

Also, are you using battery power or is the laptop allways connected to A/C?

Cheers!

Hi ttinsb,

ICH Driver isn't necessary since 10.5.7 comes with it. First you need to do after install, is update the system.

For audio, the guide isn't clear enough. Delete all the audio kext you use, and then download VoodooHDA 0.2.2 from voodooprojects site.

Did you place Disabler.kext or removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement?

Also, are you using battery power or is the laptop allways connected to A/C?

Cheers!

Thanks ;) I'll add the Voodoo driver version to the guide! Anyway if it's not necessary I'll remove ICH installation too...

About your audio troubles: I haven't got them! It's very strange...I installed both VoodooHDA and HDAEnabler and this has been enough to get it working...I got just one bug: If I change the volume it returns to the mid-level after every reboot...

Oh and I'm going to update the Driver Package with up-to-date drivers. I discovered that a newer VoodooHDA.kext version exists. And I could insert the already-modded X3100 2a12 drivers to work with 10.5.7.

THANKS FOR SUPPORTING THIS GUIDE WITH YOUR ADVICES ;) !

@Gidi: Have you also installed HDAEnabler?

@ttinsb: Be sure to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and if you're going to update (i.e. with a future .8) remember to install Disabler.kext ;) Adding to guide soon all these things! ;)

EDIT: MAYBE ANOTHER PROBLEM... :D Fan becomes crazy with unplugged AC! I mean with battery only... Have you experienced this?

wow, thanks a lot for your great work.

i made a reinstall yesterday without the ich driver and everything is working now.

I still used the audio drivers from the driver pack and followed the instructions in the guide.

This the sound quality is much better (not 100% clear, but this seems to have something to do with the vilume settings).

The Laptop was on AC power all the time. I disconnected ac to see if something changed, but there was no difference.

At the moment i have the following:

- Working Graphics in 1280x800. Flash Videos are ok (not as fast as windows, but much better than ubuntu 9.04), Google Earth works perfectly (its not useable under ubuntu 9.04, because the Intel Video Driver has a bug in the current version)

- Sound is ok (but could be better. Its not clear when volume is set to 100%)

- USB is working, but not USB 2.0?

- Card Reader works perfect

- WLAN works perfect

- Trackpad works, but without the scrollarea on the right side (i did not install the additional drivers from the guide so far)

- Bluetooth is working (Noname USB Dongle)

One stupid question: How do i upgrade to 10.5.7? With the Apple Upate Service? Or is there a Guide how to do this?

Hi,

I haven't got the fan issues. I'm using slightly modded DSDT, but yet no S3 sleep. If you guys have some time and experience with DSDT patching and debugging, you could help me to reverse engineer the S3 sleep part out of it.

I could upload the method to do that, if someone wants to help me.

I'm only using VoodooHDA for audio. No need to install HDAEnabler. If you do that, you could have some problems, because both kext do the same thing (they are both injectors).

My GFX kext are current .44 version, except for FB.kext which is .18 I haven't got any issues with flash videos. Can watch youtube HD, in fullscreen too. Dual monitor works. Only sometimes I have slow exposé or spaces animations.

ttinsb: Try to delete HDAEnabler, keep VoodooHDA, and try to connect some headphones to the laptop to check sound quality. Trackpad and its scroll is working great using VoodooPS2 installer. To upgrade to 10.5.7, make sure you have Disabler.kext and then you can use Apple Software update or download 10.5.7 combo update.

Cheers!

Yeah, much better to use the Combo Update from the Apple web site. Anyway I experience fan problems only sometimes (and only without AC plugged). I'll try to change The ACPIBattery Kext and if this doesn't work I'll try to install a different kernel (I think the 9.5.0 with Sleep support).

@Gidi: If you explain me how I could try :) I cannot assure you because I'm having final exams until the first half of July but I'll give a try :( Ehi what kext have you installed for battery??

Oh and I discovered that Sleep works, like hibernate, if you keep pushed the power button for 5 seconds (the emergency shutdown). At the next reboot Darwin recognizes a "sleeping" kernel and everything will show up like you left it the last time! I don't know if this could be helpful...

@ttinsb: Be aware that since the most of External HDs, USB Flashes and so on, are formatted in NTFS (WinXP/Vista) Mac has a lot of difficulties (bit checking, data convertion etc.) to copy/move files to and from these kind of partitions. If you want the maximum performances you should format in Mac Journaled almost one partition and, optionally but useful, set the partition table from MBR (Master Boot Record: Windows/DOS based) to GUID/Apple (the first is Unix universal partition table, the second is a proprietary apple format useful if you want to install Mac on an external HD).

Thanks!

Hi,

I haven't got the fan issues. I'm using slightly modded DSDT, but yet no S3 sleep. If you guys have some time and experience with DSDT patching and debugging, you could help me to reverse engineer the S3 sleep part out of it.

I could upload the method to do that, if someone wants to help me.

I'm only using VoodooHDA for audio. No need to install HDAEnabler. If you do that, you could have some problems, because both kext do the same thing (they are both injectors).

My GFX kext are current .44 version, except for FB.kext which is .18 I haven't got any issues with flash videos. Can watch youtube HD, in fullscreen too. Dual monitor works. Only sometimes I have slow exposé or spaces animations.

ttinsb: Try to delete HDAEnabler, keep VoodooHDA, and try to connect some headphones to the laptop to check sound quality. Trackpad and its scroll is working great using VoodooPS2 installer. To upgrade to 10.5.7, make sure you have Disabler.kext and then you can use Apple Software update or download 10.5.7 combo update.

Cheers!

thanks again for all your help and all your instructions!!

After a nother reinstall i upgraded with the combo update to 10.5.7.

I had to reinstall the broadcom driver and than installed the graphics and audio drivers (still using the drivers from the package).

The sonund is ok this time. I habe a huge volume difference between quicktime (video) and iTunes (mp3).

Everything else works great now.

I added the usb fix with this installation and the system profiler shows now a high speed usb host.

I am very happy with this installation :-)

It's time now to try the same thing on my desktop :-p

I'm very happy for your...happiness! :thumbsup_anim: Then you got all working have you? Good! The volume difference is "normal". I have the same problem because at every reboot Master volume gains the same level of PCM volume (which is lower than the Master) in a form like:

force PCM = Master: yes

changeVolume(%ld, %ld) The parameters are (Master, PCM)

so PCM and Master are always set on the same level. And because one of them is set by VoodooHDA to a mid-level, the other becomes the same.

To avoid this "bug" you can try to increase PCM and Master volume at max in Sound preferences and then select PCM. If you leave the volume at max level when you power off it will be at the mid level the next time you boot and you just have to increase it (from the normal volume bar). Remember to do the trick before every shutdown/reboot :compress: Or you'll have to increase it from System Preferences.

I'll post very soon a new Driver package and newer (thanks to Gidi, you and other users like ab__73 and gprince!)

UPDATE: I discovered that brightness keys are "controlled" by graphical kexts! Infact if you recovery the 10.5.7 original kexts you'll get them working but with bad resolution! :censored2: I think DSDT editing is not necessary...Maybe for sleep. Or maybe it's enough to install the 9.3.0 modded kernel (found in iPC) with sleep mode enabled...I'll try.

thanks again for all your help and all your instructions!!

After a nother reinstall i upgraded with the combo update to 10.5.7.

I had to reinstall the broadcom driver and than installed the graphics and audio drivers (still using the drivers from the package).

The sonund is ok this time. I habe a huge volume difference between quicktime (video) and iTunes (mp3).

Everything else works great now.

I added the usb fix with this installation and the system profiler shows now a high speed usb host.

I am very happy with this installation :-)

It's time now to try the same thing on my desktop :-p

I have a problem with the wireless drivers:

I installed ipc 10.5.6 and everything was working perfectly.

After I updated to 10.5.7 the wireless device disappeared.

I tried to reinstall the kext but nothing.

Can you please me suggest me something?

thanks!

francesco

I have a problem with the wireless drivers:

I installed ipc 10.5.6 and everything was working perfectly.

After I updated to 10.5.7 the wireless device disappeared.

I tried to reinstall the kext but nothing.

Can you please me suggest me something?

thanks!

francesco

Be sure your wifi card is on (by seeing the led under the screen, it has to be blue, not orange). Then try to reinstall kexts directly from reboot. As you would to install the whole OS but this time you'll select only Wifi and Ethernet Drivers (without iPC base system! Be sure to deselect it!!). Let me know if it works :angel:

PS: Suppongo che tu sia Italiano dal nome! Però devo scrivere necessariamente in inglese qui! E poi, non so perché, la versione italiana della guida è stata rimossa! Mah...

Be sure your wifi card is on (by seeing the led under the screen, it has to be blue, not orange). Then try to reinstall kexts directly from reboot. As you would to install the whole OS but this time you'll select only Wifi and Ethernet Drivers (without iPC base system! Be sure to deselect it!!). Let me know if it works :angel:

PS: Suppongo che tu sia Italiano dal nome! Però devo scrivere necessariamente in inglese qui! E poi, non so perché, la versione italiana della guida è stata rimossa! Mah...

Waaa!

I realized now that I had a beta of Ipc...now I'm downloading the final, I'll try again and I'll let you know.

ps

yes I'm italian e non sò in effetti perchè hanno eliminato la guida in italiano...mah

i have a little issue: I tried to burn an audio cd with iTunes and gut the error mesage "device not responding, retry no possible".

Is there a driver for the biuld in CD/DVD Writer?

Use LiquidCD ;) I tried both iTunes and Burn but they gave me many issues! I trashed 2 CDs! :(

Anyway...I still get many issues with the whole OS, so I decided to abandon the project until new REAL and SOLID updates won't be released...In particular I got this problems:

- Fan works with PowerManagement Package (1,2MB) but once it becomes faster there is no way to stop it! Even if I don't use ANYTHING it keeps spinning loudly :( I tried a lot of thing...I'm tired!

- Battery duration is very poor: 1,5 max 2 hours against the 2,5-3 with WinXP (I know it isn't optimized for Mac (!) but I can't stand to have a non-portable-notebook...I need a better Energy saving lowlevel-policy, ACPI and so on and I know that they aren't going to be released by Apple...Who cares about Intel Celerons if they don't mount them on their laptops!)

- Sound management is strange! It doesn't save settings! But this is not a big trouble...

- Flash performances are good but not as smooth as Windows...I've to admit :( I'm working with Prezi and I need Flash!

- Sleep doesn't work! Sh*t I need it!! :( Unfortunately I haven't got another PC to use while I experiment on this...I should buy a Dell Mini 9 or a MSI Wind so I'm sure they are 100% compatible with Mac! :P

About general performance: OSX > Windows with ALL KIND OF SOFTWARE (but Flash of course). Even NexuiZ works better on it! :( And Dual monitor is PERFECT! I hate I have to switch another time to Windows but...I must to! Maybe this summer I'll begin again with Mac experiments...But now I haven't enough time...

Anyway I'll follow this and other topics and I'll help you to upgrade and modify the guide! ;) But please test everything before you post because I can't...Thanks to everybody for your help! ;)

Thanks for the hint with LiquidCD.

Well, i don't have problems with sleep mode. I don't have any power management installed. When i am away for some time, the display goes to black and the power led is blinking. When i hit on power, the system comes back in a very short time (3-5 sec.).

The fan: My System can not control the fan with variable rpm's. The fan is completly off and starts with full speed (noisy) when the system gehts to hot. But only for a few seconds.

I have a dual boot system with linux mint 7. So i can do everything that don't work on os x with Linux (which works perfect on the hp 550).

Both systems are sharing a large data partition which is formatted with ntfs.

Thanks for your reply...How the hell you don't have problems with sleep???? :P Me and Gidi we are looking for a solution since the beginning of this "Odissey" (are you using the modded DSDT?)! XD Anyway I got your same "problem"...Maybe the fan's loud sound doesn't bother you but it bothers me! :P I'm trying to get it working like it does under Windows: Fan speed is as fast as CPU needs...Not more, not less. I don't want an "intermittent" fan! :P And how did you let the system recognize the battery? Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Thanks for the hint with LiquidCD.

Well, i don't have problems with sleep mode. I don't have any power management installed. When i am away for some time, the display goes to black and the power led is blinking. When i hit on power, the system comes back in a very short time (3-5 sec.).

The fan: My System can not control the fan with variable rpm's. The fan is completly off and starts with full speed (noisy) when the system gehts to hot. But only for a few seconds.

I have a dual boot system with linux mint 7. So i can do everything that don't work on os x with Linux (which works perfect on the hp 550).

Both systems are sharing a large data partition which is formatted with ntfs.

Thanks for your reply...How the hell you don't have problems with sleep???? :censored2: Me and Gidi we are looking for a solution since the beginning of this "Odissey" (are you using the modded DSDT?)!

Well,..i didn't :-) The Battery smybol was gone with 10.5.7 upgrade. I was too lazy zu restore it. I don't care about it, because i don't need long runs on battery power. When i take the laptop away, i have always the ac power suppy in use. I have also a 12v laptop charger in my car :-)

Well,..i didn't :-) The Battery smybol was gone with 10.5.7 upgrade. I was too lazy zu restore it. I don't care about it, because i don't need long runs on battery power. When i take the laptop away, i have always the ac power suppy in use. I have also a 12v laptop charger in my car :-)

Oh ok! :P I understand...But, even if you didn't activate any powermanagement kext, your fan goes "intermittent" does it? :censored2: I've talked to another user who has our same configuration (HP 6720s) and he experiences the same problem but he doesn't care about it! XD Instead I can't stand this loud noise! :P Am I alone?? Thanks for the fast reply! :P

Welcome to HP 550 Official Hackint0sh Topic

BEFORE YOU INSTALL PLEASE READ THE "LITTLE ISSUES" SECTION AT THE END OF THE POST TO KNOW WHAT COULD NOT WORK WITH YOUR SYSTEM (AND EVENTUALLY DECIDE TO NOT INSTALL) ;)

HP 550 is a cheap and versatile Notebook of Hewlett-Packard Businness Channel. It mounts cheap but efficient components (like Celeron M530/550 and Dual Core T5670) and it provides a very intresting 2years warranty. It comes with FreeDos Operating System (installed on ROM) so you don't have to pay any Windows License! wink_anim.gif But the most beautiful news is that is 100% compatible with Hackintosh! wink_anim.gif Enjoy!

FIRST OF ALL DOWNLOAD THIS PACKAGE:

This is an updated version of previous DriverPackage (16 Jun 2009). It contains a lot of optional kexts. You don't necessary have to use them but they could be tested or simply used if previous doesn't work.

I've collected my informations and packages by surfing the web (Google) and from Insanely Mac forum, obiouvsly...

I'm not responsable of ANYTHING and you should take care of what you do and what you "don't do" making regular backups (I used Carbon Copy Cloner - Free and easy2use Google for it)

HP 550 WORKING CONFIGURATION:

-CHIPSET: Intel ICH8M AHCI (Just one package for all ICHs exists)

-CPU: Intel Celeron M530 @ 1.73 Ghz with 2MB L2 Cache

-OPTICAL DRIVE: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7561A

-AUDIO: SoundMax AD/ADI 1981 with HD - Device ID 0x103C3618 - Audio ID 12

-GRAPHIC: Intel GMA X3100 - Device ID 0x2a12 (Be sure to have this Device ID!)

-HARD DISK: SATA Model: ST9120817AS - Revision: 3.AHC - Serial Number: 5RE150VV (Don't know brand but is should do not matter)

-WIFI: Broadcom BCM4312

-ETHERNET: Intel 82566MM 10/100

-TRACKPAD: PS/2 Synaptic Touchpad (Don't know version but it doesn't matter wink_anim.gif )

-CARD READER: Should work according to what someone said in this topic.

Now let's start the guide!

BASIC INSTALLATION

Find and download "iPC 10.5.6 OSX Leopard Final" distro and burn it on a Single Layer DVD

Boot from it and let it load until configuration window appears

Open Disk Utility (Upper bar---> Utility ----> Disk Utility) and get a partition table useful to install Leopard (AT LEAST ONE PARTITION OF 12 GB OR MORE HAS TO BE FORMATTED IN MacOS Extended (Journaled) / HFS+)

If you want to dual boot with Windows XP you must edit partition table before (with GParted is OK - Google for it) following this procedure:

1. 1 Install Windows XP on a NTFS dedicated partition

2. 2 With a Partition Editor resize NTFS partition and create another PRIMARY partition (It's very important to be primary! Not Extended/Logical)

3. 3 Then format this new partition by selecting FAT32 (or simply FAT) to let MacOS recognize it during installation

4. 4 All done! You'll be able to see this new partition and format it into MacOS Extended (Journaled) / HFS+

5. 5 TIP: When you install iPC its bootloader, darwin/EFI, will automatically see Windows Partition and you'll be able to select what to boot during countdown!

Once you have created a MacOS compatible partition you just have to proceed to installation. Click continue and select the partition where to install Leopard (you should see only one disk) then STOP! You know, if we install only the basic Operating System we'll have a lot of Kernel Panics...In other words our system won't boot! Or by the way it won't boot properly...

How to overcome this annoying defect? Simply by selecting the appropriate packages to install clicking on the button CUSTOMIZE.

Select ONLY these packages and nothing else or your system will get in troubles! tongue.gif

1. 1 iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System (already checked)

2. 2 Any Language Translation (I selected Italian because I'm...Italian!)

3. 3 Expand iPC OSx86 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3 and select, after expanding each category, the following packages:

4. 4 Driver -> Chipset Drivers -> Intel ICHx SATA Drivers (to better SATA performances)
    (Not necessary if you update to 10.5.7! It's included!)

5. 5 Driver -> Ethernet -> Intel 82566 MM/DC (Try the default one, if it doesn't work use other method here described)

6. 6 Wireless -> Broadcom (Airport will recognize correctly our BCM4312, works also with WPA2)

7. 7 PowerManagement -> PowerManagement Package (to recognize battery duration)

8. 8 Fixes and Patches -> PS/2 Device Support -> PS/2 Keyboard fix (also for touchpad basic recognition to avoid kernel panic)

9. 9 Applications -> Kext Helper 7 (MUST INSTALL), OSx Tools (MUST INSTALL), EFI Studio, AppleJack, Perian, Pacifist (shareware), NTFS 3-G (MacFuse) (if you want to read/write NTFS partitions like Windows XP) and whatever you need/wannatry

VERY IMPORTANT: DO NOT SELECT KERNELS OR OTHER DRIVERS/PACKAGES NOT INCLUDED IN THIS GUIDE (AT LEAST IF YOU'RE NOT SURE OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING!)

Then let the installation begin and...end! It should install all in not more than 15-20 minutes. Then restart and let's proceed to Basic configuration: You'll have to insert some informations, I suggest you to continue without giving any information to Apple until Leopard asks for username and password. Then configure your wireless network (if DHCP is enabled or it won't connect) or leave it for later and continue until main desktop (with Dock and aurora background) is shown.

PS: Don't install or select any optional software like MobileME if you don't need it.

Now let's install other peripheral devices:

PERIPHERALS INSTALLATION

GRAPHIC AND SOUND:

Download the Driver Package attached to this post (DriverPackage_HP550.zip) and do the following...

1. Then unzip the Driver Package and open "Kext Helper v7" from Go -> Applications

2. Drag and Drop all the Kexts you find in Graphic/
    10.5.7/Modded
    (not the Backup one) and Sound directories, insert your password and cilck "EASY INSTALL". If a message like "Installation seems to be fine. Cross fingers etc etc." is shown up you can rebot and you should have installed all correctly.

Little Sound issue: Volume returns to mid-level every reboot (PCM or Master). You have to increase it from Sound preferences.

ETHERNET (Only if the default driver doesn't work. You can see that if in AirPort only Wireless card is recognized)

Just Drag and Drop the Kext you find in Ethernet Folder inside DriverPackage to the Kext Helper window and even without rebooting it's perfectly recognized as a new Network device wink_anim.gif (if not...well..Reboot!)

TRACKPAD (with sidescroll, twofingers scroll, twofingers tap, tap, double tap and circular scrolling)

(Thanks to user cogombo for reporting -

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=#entry1167106)

(Thanks to user lebidou from voodooprojects.org for configuration fix)

(Thanks to sam2x from voodooprojects.org for this little-simple how to)

Open terminal and type these instructions

cd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

rm -Rf AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -Rf ApplePS2Controller.kext

rm -Rf ApplePS2Controller.kext.orig (if it exists, if not go ahead)

Then...

1. 1 Open OSX86Tools (Go -> Applications)

2. 2 Select Repair Permissions, Set Extensions permissions, Clear Extensions Cache and click "Run Selected Tasks"

3. 3 Install VoodooPS2Controller-0.98-installer.pkg (DriverPackage -> Trackpad)

4. 4 Reboot...

To enable clicking and scrolling it's enough to go to Apple -> System Preferences -> Trackpad and check "Use two fingers to scroll" (even for side scroll), "Allow Horizontal Scrolling", "Clicking"/"Dragging", "Tap trackpad with two fingers for secondary click" (Optional) and "Ignore accidental trackpad input".

Finally you have to copy (typing password if required) the file "org.voodoo.trackpad.configurationloader.plist", found in Trackpad folder, to /Library/LaunchAgents/ directory by terminal or Finder! wink_anim.gif Then repair its permissions or it won't be recognized because of a "dubious ownership" (you can see it from Console messages)

sudo cp FOLDER/DriverPackage_HP550/Trackpad/org.voodoo.trackpad.configurationloader.plist /Library/LaunchAgents/

sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchAgents/org.voodoo.trackpad.configurationloader.plist

sudo chmod 755 /Library/LaunchAgents/org.voodoo.trackpad.configurationloader.plist

This is made to avoid the loss of personal settings like sensibility, 2fingers scroll etc.

This worked on my Synaptic touchpad but it should work on every Synaptic, APLS or Sentelic touchpad...Try and give feedback wink_anim.gif

Now your Hackint0sh it's ready to use!

Enjoy and give feedback!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIPS AND TRICKS (UPDATING):

IF YOU WANT TO UPGRADE TO 10.5.7 BE CALM! YOU JUST HAVE TO REINSTALL ALL DRIVER KEXTS! ;) EVERYTHING ELSE WILL WORK AS FINE AS PREVIOUS VERSION ;) TESTED!

Graphic Problems (Flash, Quartz, OpenGL):

BEFORE READING TRY TO DISABLE QUARTZ AND TEST. IF THIS DOESN'T WORK WELL THEN PROCEED.

If you experience some graphic problems please update to 10.5.7 and before reinstalling other kexts (sound, ethernet etc.) read here:

Copy all AppleIntelGMAX3100* kexts you find in /System/Library/Extensions to a Backup folder (in my case on the Desktop):

mkdir /Users/USERNAME (yours...)/Desktop/Backup_Intel

sudo copy -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100* /Users/USERNAME/Desktop/Backup_Intel

Then remove all the previous original kexts

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100*

Ok, now copy the Backup folder (as "Backup 2" or whatever you want) and since now ACT ONLY IN THIS FOLDER! DON'T TOUCH THE BACKUP_INTEL FOLDER!

Follow these instructions:

. In the AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext there are respectively 2 binary files in MacOS directory. Edit them with a hex-editor (I used 0xED - free). Find and replace ALL hex digits like this:

Find: 8680022a

Replace
ALL
with: 8680122a (always talking about VID 2a12 and NOT 2a02! In this last case default ones should work correctly w/o modding)

. Edit the Info.plist in AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext package. Find the following line:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
 <string>0x2A028086</string>

and replace with:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
 <string>0x2A128086</string>

It's enough that you write 0x2A
28086 instead of 0x2A
;)
or copy and paste...same thing...

Then install modded kexts with Kext Helper v7 or osxtools and reboot ;) Surprise!! Flash 10 is already installed in 10.5.7 update and browser is VERY SMOOTH WITH ANY KIND OF MULTIMEDIA CONTENT

FAN BECOMES CRAZY AND TEMPERATURE IS TOO HIGH:

Delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext by Terminal of Finder:

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

If you're going to update (i.e. to a future 10.5.8) then you'll have to install Disabler.kext. You find it under "Customize" panel in iPC installation disk. This will serve to avoid Kernel Panics due to the lack of this Kext. I'll insert it in a new DriverPackage as soon as possible ;)

REMEMBER TO INSTALL PoweManagement Package DURING IPC INSTALLATION. THIS IS, AT THE MOMENT, THE BEST POWER MANAGAMENT KEXT. I TRIED BOTH VOODOOPOWER+VOODOOBATTERY AND POWERSOURCE.

SCREEN-LIGHT KEYSTROKES:

GPRINCE METHOD: (Thanks to GPrince)

Attached File: AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext_v1.5.18_devID2A12.zip

Keyboard Layout and Special Chararacters

Voodoo Package also provides a full win-like keyboard layout so it's possible to type pipe operator ( | ) by pushing the default button wink_anim.gif To change Control, Command (Apple), and Option keys it's enough to go to System Preferences -> Keyboard and Mouse -> Modifier Keys and choose your best configuration! wink_anim.gif Mine is:

Caps Lock -> Caps Lock

Control -> Command

Option -> Control

Command -> Option

that is more similar to default Win Layout. Infact you can almost use the same shortcuts: Contol+C to copy, Control+V to paste and Control+Tab to change task... wink_anim.gif That's all!

LITTLE ISSUES (TO-SOLVE LIST):

- CRAZY FAN: SOLVED! ;)

- SLEEP: Simply doesn't work yet.

my fan seems a little bit different will anything bad happen if i delete the appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext? what will happen?

Hi

mardurhack, did you try the kext AppleACPIThermal which was in the Plugins of AppleACPIPlatform for the fan regulation? For the battery to be recognised I use ACPIBattery.kext from Superhai, but I think now it's called voodooBattery.