High-Def Wallpapers for Dual-Booters!

29 posts in this topic

I made these high-quality wallpapers for people who are dual booting OS X and Windows. They look nice in either operating system and you might enjoy them if you're a "neat freak" like I am. It combines visual aspects of both without creating a bad aftertaste. In this way, you can stick to one uniform wallpaper for both desktops.

All wallpapers are 1680 x 1050 unless otherwise noted.

***700+ kb warning***

(click thumbnails to enlarge)

OS X Tiger

applewall4oi.th.jpg

OS X Tiger (1024 x 768)

applewallsmall3fp.th.jpg

OS X Tiger (Blue Apple)

applewall29po.th.jpg

Windows XP Media Center Edition

winwall4jt.th.jpg

Windows XP Home Edition

homeeditionwall9ni.th.jpg

Windows XP Home Edition (1024 x 768)

homeeditionsmallwall5ub.th.jpg

Windows XP Professional Edition

professionalwall3gj.th.jpg

Windows Vista

vistawall7zf.th.jpg

Ubuntu Linux

linux7vh.th.jpg

Wallpaper without Operating System Logo

plainwall6vx.th.jpg

UPDATE 1: Included wallpapers for Vista, Home Edition, and Professional Edition. Also included a "virgen" wallpaper with no logos at all. Touched up the over-all image to remove the left-over rainbow effect and sharpened the hill's border with blue. Made 1024x768 Home Edition and OS X wallpapers for Mx34u. Anybody else who wants a resized wallpaper, just ask.

UPDATE 2: Added a new request, Ubuntu Linux Dapper Drake

UPDATE 3: Added the request for a blue apple OS X logo

bla bla .... an pc's were never supposed to run osx T_T but however they do D:

u can dualboot without bootcamp dude

the wallpapers have a nice touch but there seems to be some kind of an rainbow overlay within the 'meadowpart'

could u try to fix this?

I'll see what I can do about removing the rainbow that was left over from the Media Center wallpaper. Maybe it'll be as simple as selecting it and using Photoshop's hue/sat adjustment's "colorize" option.

By demand, it won't have any OS logo / text either. It'll be "virgin." And I'll also post 1024x768 and 1280x1024 variations. :hysterical:

For Mx34, I'll make a custom Home Edition one for if the ones I make aren't what he or she was looking for.

Ok all requests have been handled. I also included wallpapers for Professional Edition and Vista. If anybody has any other requests, don't hesitate.

Check the original first post for the updated wallpapers. :D

So you want a OS X / Windows wallpaper for Linux? :whistle:

Uh ok... consider it done.

Yeah, but he wants the Ubunu logo, with the operating system "Ubuntu, Version: Drapper Drake" written on it ;)

Can I have a 1600x1200 of the OS X version, please? :D

Also, I didn't realise drapper drake has been released! I think I'll have to go get that in a min!

This is the correct Ubuntu logo, right? Or did I mess something up.

Ubuntu Linux

linux7vh.th.jpg

I'll handle your requests soon, igul and sabr

lol, it looks good and everything, but it's meant to be Drapper not Dapper :lol:

(not your fault though, Sipheren spelt it wrong)

yeah it is Dapper and you can dload the development realese from ubuntu...its very good....loving xgl and lots of other cool additions....I have been using it more than OSX due to OSX not having nvidia drivers but once it does I probally will be using it all the time. :hysterical:

thx for the wallpaper to...its awsome

Takuro, would you mind to upload a .zip file of these to the forum, or just upload the pics themselves?

In case any websites link to this thread, I'd like to have a local copy since imageshack just drops pics after a certain amount of bandwidth.

Thanks!

I didn't want to chip away at the site's bandwidth or anything. I don't know how many requests I might get. For each different visual style, multiple copies might exist depending on which resolutions they are requested in.

I might just zip it as one big wallpaper pack or else allow people to download only whichever wallpapers they want, including 1024x768 and 1280x1024 variations of each wallpaper.

Whatever you suggest Mash. Just say the word.

When people request a different resolution of a wallpaper that I've already made, I usually simply resize to the correct height (such as 768) and the crop to fit whatever width it needs (like 1024) to get something like 1024x768. If I had just did a straight resize from 1680x1050 to 1024x768, the logo would get scrunched horizonally. That's because I'm transforming a 16:9 wallpaper into 4:3 (common sense.)

In 1600x1200, I run into a problem: 1200 is a greater height than 1050 (the master image that I use.)

So I'll make it for you, but first I need to ask if it's ok if there is 150 pixels of vertical and horizontal stretching in the final image. It might look fuzzy.

When people request a different resolution of a wallpaper that I've already made, I usually simply resize to the correct height (such as 768) and the crop to fit whatever width it needs (like 1024) to get something like 1024x768. If I had just did a straight resize from 1680x1050 to 1024x768, the logo would get scrunched horizonally. That's because I'm transforming a 16:9 wallpaper into 4:3 (common sense.)

In 1600x1200, I run into a problem: 1200 is a greater height than 1050 (the master image that I use.)

So I'll make it for you, but first I need to ask if it's ok if there is 150 pixels of vertical and horizontal stretching in the final image. It might look fuzzy.

Yeah please, that'll be okay :angry: