VoodooHDA

cinorhc

364 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I have an asus p5w dh deluxe motherboard with alc882 and ive installed VoodooHDA-2.7.2.pkg on mac os x 10.5.8 retail... and voodoohda.kext doesnt work... Ive tried to load the kext from terminal, and i got this:

bash-3.2# kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext has problems:
Validation failures:
{
"Executable file doesn't contain kernel extension code" = true
}

Ive reinstalled it... and tried everything else... I fckn angry because I need microphone input to works....

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, I've installed VooDooHDA 2.7 ( the latest ) and I have some noise and crackling on certain tones and songs. Anyways, I know I can fix that through the prefpane, but when I go there, the prefpane recognizes my sound as " Digital OUT HDMI ", which I don't use. I use my Green Line Out, the other one is something from the graphics card. How can I make it use the Green Out, and not the HDMI ?

Plus I got a kernel panic when I restarted ( After installing the latest voodoohda )

THANKS.

Exact same problem here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Using SL, I set VoodooHDA at VoodooHDA.prefPane whatever it calls, I reduce input gain to 0 (left most slide), and the cracking sound is no more. Same good as Windows :D

To make perm change, go to VoodooHDA.kext, show package content, edit its Info.plist to

<key>iGain</key>

<string>0</string>

<key>iMix</key>

<string>100</string>

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm trying to instalal iAtkos (Snow Leopard 10.6.3) to my Asus 1015PN.

The sound works fine but I here a constant background noise and while booting some peak comes out from the speaker... can you help me?

Wich version of voodoohda.kext can I use?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

This thread has been very helpful - I've been trying to upgrade my Vostro 1500 (most probably an ALC92xx sound chip) from an iatkos 10.6.3 to 10.6.8. I KP'd a lot when I just inserted the voodooHDA kext in S/L/E (not sure which version I was using). HOWEVER - when I went to the google repository - I used the 2.7.3 installer and viola no more KP....no sound either :(.

By now I knew 2.7.2 was causing KPs so I tried using the 2.7.1 installer and...voila! NO KP yet I get sound (still like when I was under 10.6.3 - where the onboard mike input is weak).

BUT - yes there is a but - after I install 2.7.1, go and restart, everything is OK. (here comes the but) When I shutdown/restart after that - voodooHDA causes a KP. Is there any way to prevent this? 2.7.3 is consistent - no KP will boot everytime even after a restart - no sound either (a dialogue box comes up everytime I choose a sound related action - the 'path is undefined (or something like that)'.

As an experiment, I will try to install 2.62 and see where that takes me. Any suggestions/recommendations for 'stabilize' 2.7.1 would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this driver still being developed? There are tons of old bug reports on the Google-hosted VoodooHDA project page, digital out via S/PDIF seems to be working for no-one, and there are problems with clipping/distortion on the analog outs or constant background noise when it does indeed work.

I must have tried 20 different combinations of drivers and settings, but I cannot get it working satisfactorily. This is on a Shuttle SH67H7 system (H67 chipset, using ALC888 codec).

I primarily wanted to get the optical out (TOSlink) working on this system, as the red light does indeed activate when the output is selected, but no sound is passed through. I've also tried all conceivable variations of settings for sample rate & bitrate in ‘‘Audio MIDI Setup’’; all to no avail.

When using SoundFlower as an intermediate device I got some very faint distorted output, and that's basically it. ;-)

Anyone on here that have had more success than me getting this thing working?

An update -- for my system at least (which is using the ALC888 codec on a H67 chipset, a Shuttle SH67H7), VoodooHDA 0.2.62 does enable the S/PDIF digital optical (TOSlink) output. I basically tried all the other (incl. the more recent) VoodooHDA versions and none of them came close to getting the digital audio port actually producing sound.

VoodooHDA 2.7.x also has a way too high output level for this audio chipset (on the analog outs), causing distortions when playing dynamic material such as movies in VLC or MPlayerX.

0.2.62 did not have that issue, and the volume on the players can actually be set at 100% (not the system volume), without causing distortions. On the other VoodooHDA's the sound started to distort at around ~50%!

So it, to me at least, it appears that support for certain well-known codecs has suffered during recent VodooHDA development. Obviously it would be nice to have this support re-instated in the 'current' versions (along with proper 5.1 support over S/PDIF).

• 9 months later...

I found a fix with the Crackling sound and Delay sound, I seen it somewhere on the forum (not here) but can't remember where i found it but when i do ill edit it out and put the link to it.

Also i have tried Boom (Boom is a simple volume booster and system-wide equaliser that lets you boost the volume) This won't effect the crackles in the sound and can be found here: http://www.globaldelight.com/boom or you can get it on the App Store for about £4.99/$6.99.

VoodooHDA-v2.7.4-NoCrackles.zip

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys so I have a CLEVO w370et and the only thing not working at all is the Audio ALC 269.... I have install what I believe is the latests VoodooHDA 2.7.3... and after editing the Dev Id to the according one in the info.plist inside the kext I get this cpu panic... do you guys have any idea what i could be doing wrong... fortunately my laptops bios allows me to disable the audio card, which is handy... just before I get the cpu panic I can hear the speakers "Pop"

Thanks in advance.

post-567034-0-80234300-1360038560_thumb.jpg

I just want to post a fix i haven't found anywhere on the net. A quick rundown of the problem. I installed the latest voodoohda kext and prefpane but my onboard device couldn't be rceognized even if i wrote the device id for both the hdmi and onboard sound separately. Voodoohda recognized only the vcard hdmi. The fix was to restore the modified HDEF device in dsdt to it's original form. Booted WithKexts and both devices were instantly recognized and working. Good hacking!