VoodooHDA

cinorhc

364 posts in this topic

Versions >0.2.3 was created by me & AutumnRain. Explanations what changed and what to do at another site.

Latest version is 0.2.6.

Compared to original version:

- Snow 32/64bit flavors as well as Leopard

- more chipsets and codecs support

- working internal mic and HDMI

- quirky codecs corrections capabilities

- autodetect capabilities

- switch left/right channel capabilities

- Sound prefPane design

Hello! I have this problem: I have a Sony Vaio laptop VGN-AR41M and a Realtek ALC262 audio device onboard. Installing WoodooHDA under SL 10.6.2 I have output sound device, my when I change from 16bit to 24bit (in the MIDI configuration SPIDF output), I have no sound. I have another MAC OS, Iatkos 10.5.7, and using AppleHDA patcher I have no problem to hear sound in 24bit from SPDIF.

Can you help me, please?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to install various version of the voodoohda on a HP DV7-1245dx AMD 64bit machine... with no success.. the sound is scratchy and the volume will not adjust when adjusting it or trying to mute it.

Anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this

Btw I am using IDeneb 1.6 10.5.8 Snow Leepard ... This is really annoying... almost ready to just say hell with it and spend the crazy cost and buy a real mac book pro as least it works...lol

Hello,

I manage to get input working on asus p5b (AD1988A). For those who are interested, here are my nodes patch:

<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x01214030</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>17</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x01014010</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>18</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x511710f0</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>19</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x02a19040</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>20</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x01813020</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>21</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x01011050</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>22</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x01a19060</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>23</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x993311ce</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>24</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x91871090</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>26</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x0145f0a0</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>27</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x41c5f0b0</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>28</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x01016070</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>36</integer>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Config</key>
				<string>0x01012080</string>
				<key>Node</key>
				<integer>37</integer>
			</dict>

I also lower the iMix value from 90 to 10 to prevent sound from mic (front and back) to output to all channels.

The node patch makes the driver control each input/ouput (rear speaker, center, side speaker and front speaker) react like if they were individual ouput.

Anyway, the only problem for now is that I use aggregate device to configure my 5.1 surround as one output. It works in the AudioMIDI Setup but I can't get surround to work with 5.1 tracks.

Have fun and sorry for my english...

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i have an alc268 with snow leo 10.6.3. after a half year struggling at last i've successfully installed voodoohda 2.6.1 and the prefpane. (earlier versions didn't work at all or i was too lame to install them correctly)

internal sound and headphones work, i didn't try mic.

i have only one problem: the sound level is quite low.

i think i'd read everything here and on projectosx but i simply don't understand what shall i do to fix the sound level :-(

any help would be greatly appreciated.

jani

p.s. the machine is a fu-si amilo li2727

dump.txt

ok, so I have a somewhat similar problem with my audio....

When I was running Leopard 10.5.7, both the AppleHDA and VoodooHDA had good output, volume sliders worked, but no inputs... ;)

Then I upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.3, and now I have even more sound kext problems. I used VoodooHDA 0.2.2 and the sound output works, but nothing else - no volume controls, no inputs, nothing else... I tried the 0.2.61 / 0.2.62 mods and I can adjust the sliders, but no sound comes out. The inputs work fine, well the mic in does anyway....

So my thing is I need to know how I need to mod which drivers to make all of the following happen:

a ) sound output (goes w/o saying)

b ) volume sliders to work correctly

c ) mic input to work as well

So if there was some way I could pluck the output portion of the 0.2.2 driver and replace only that portion and merge it with 0.2.6x I'd be in good shape.

My audio dump is attached if anyone would take a look and point me in the right direction that'd be great! Oh, BTW, my audio hardware is on-board IDC 92HD202/6 the HDMI output is disabled via Bios (mobo ECS GF8200a v1.0 w latest fw). That leaves 4 analog output jacks (8ch) and mic-in line-in at the rear; front headphone jack and front mic input as well.

PLS pls help! I've worked on this problem feverishly for over 2 days w no progress. Just lots of KP's and reboots.

IDT_92HD202.txt

Hi,

Are there any VoodooHDA kexts that work for the Acer Aspire 8930-6442. I am trying to configure Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and I have had some luck getting sound to work. My built-in mic is not recognized nor is the full 5.1 surround sound. I can get the front speakers to work.

I'd be grateful for any help.

ok, so I have a somewhat similar problem with my audio....

When I was running Leopard 10.5.7, both the AppleHDA and VoodooHDA had good output, volume sliders worked, but no inputs... :unsure:

Then I upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.3, and now I have even more sound kext problems. I used VoodooHDA 0.2.2 and the sound output works, but nothing else - no volume controls, no inputs, nothing else... I tried the 0.2.61 / 0.2.62 mods and I can adjust the sliders, but no sound comes out. The inputs work fine, well the mic in does anyway....

So my thing is I need to know how I need to mod which drivers to make all of the following happen:

a ) sound output (goes w/o saying)

b ) volume sliders to work correctly

c ) mic input to work as well

So if there was some way I could pluck the output portion of the 0.2.2 driver and replace only that portion and merge it with 0.2.6x I'd be in good shape.

My audio dump is attached if anyone would take a look and point me in the right direction that'd be great! Oh, BTW, my audio hardware is on-board IDC 92HD202/6 the HDMI output is disabled via Bios (mobo ECS GF8200a v1.0 w latest fw). That leaves 4 analog output jacks (8ch) and mic-in line-in at the rear; front headphone jack and front mic input as well.

PLS pls help! I've worked on this problem feverishly for over 2 days w no progress. Just lots of KP's and reboots.

Update to my own posting, so someone can find some useful info... The auto detect function on 0.2.61 seems to be a little flaky, but this is what I've done to make it work. Using bootloader Chameleon RC5 Pre11 seemed to bring the devices to recognition, but when I don't have sound still I just plug any ol' thing into my front panel inputs (headphones/front mic), wait a few mins and then unplug again... This usually fixes the audio jack detection and the rear outputs begin to work along with rear mic input. Hope this little trick works for some of you out there as well... not exactly sure why, but it does.

... now if I could only figure out why the slides don't work (except inside system preference - sound) I'll be a very happy camper. Neither my keyboard shortcuts nor the tray icon volume slider works as of yet. When I find out why, I'll let you know.

I'm having issues with VoodooHDA 0.2.61 on 10.6.2 and I'm having a problem with audio crackling fading in and out. I've got a getdump as well as a copy of my Info.plist attached.

Also when I start my machine up, after chameleon loads until the OS loads my Microphone input goes to maximum, with monitor enabled, so I endup getting extreme feedback. This also happens after I wake up the machine. How can I fix this as well?

My machine is an Asus 900a, Intel Atom.

audio_dump.txt

Info.plist.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Well my audio was working for a bit, but started 'gapping' out for the past day and has now gone completely. At first I thought it may be the sound chip (stac9220/3 on D945GCZ ICH7 mb) because it was gone in Windows as well. But I remembered that I had to change the cable plug positions from their original layout to get it in OSX, so I put them back to their regular plugs and it was working in WinXP.

So .... anybody have a STAC9220 or STAC9223 hacked AppleHDA or VoodooHDA kext? :)

Hey, my front panel plugs cannot be plugged on my MB. So on Windows I disabled checking of them and rear plugs work. But is it possible to do the same with OSX? Disabling Front plugs, using only rear? :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I just installed my Snow Leopard and tried to get sounds working. I tried to install VoodooHDA (tried both versions), but the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] just tells me that it can't use the extension and that it's installed wrong. What should I do? My mobo is Asus P7P55D.

you should chmod+chown the kext, then load it.

just to let everyone know, i have a working vostro1500 stac9205 voodoohda now, WITH digital out,

so if anyone needs that, shout me...

quick question tho.....

does anyone know if encoded digital passthrough is possible with spdif and voodoohda?

i had it working with applehda in leopard ( outputs showed as "Built-in Digital Output" and "Built-in Digital Output (encoded)" in VLC.

I've even changed the snow leopard device name "SPDIF out (orange)" to "Built-in Digital Output" incase that was related, but still no sign of encoded out....

thanks in advance everyone!

Hello, i have a MSI GT640 laptop and there is a alc888s sound card i gues becouse the drivers are named ALC888s,

so far i tried every VoodooHda kext from oldest to latest without luck , the latest gives me 4 HDMI audio outputs but no sound.Could someone please help me with this Problem , i would be veeery greatfull

Regards Oliver

I asked this earlier way way back but no one has answered so I'll try again: Does anyone have SPDIF-out working with ALC888 on a gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L or even SPDIF on ALC888 on any other mobo? Analog out works fine, but I cannot get any sound thru SPDIF. I can hear a slight hiss whenever I play one of the sound effects in the Sound options in Preferences.

I have a Logitech Z680, and I hooked up a DVD player with SPDIF out and it works, so I dont think its the Logitech itself. But I would really really like to get SPDIF out working.