AppleNForceATA rebuilt by me

65 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Andy

I have tested your AppleNforceATA and it works fine.....but now, i can't wakeup from S3 :angel:

Any solution?

Hmm... does the screen just stay black but it does seem like it's going to wake up?

I have the same issue but I haven't found a solution yet...

Guys, can someone give me a link to the Kext itself? please

Just look in the archive under build/Deployment...

You'll find the kext there...

Hmm... does the screen just stay black but it does seem like it's going to wake up?

I have the same issue but I haven't found a solution yet...

Many tnanks for your answer. ;)

The sceen is black, the cpu and graphic card fans are at full speed, the disk activity led is full lighted (not blinking).

The slackhash mod is reloaded as seen in system.log but with your mod, there is nothing in system log.

Thus, is it possible to reload your kext on wakeup the same way from normal booting?

Many tnanks for your answer. :wacko:

The sceen is black, the cpu and graphic card fans are at full speed, the disk activity led is full lighted (not blinking).

The slackhash mod is reloaded as seen in system.log but with your mod, there is nothing in system log.

Thus, is it possible to reload your kext on wakeup the same way from normal booting?

That is a good question...

I'll investigate into this.

could you create a version of this kext like the voodoo kexts so it doesn't get wiped by updates

Does it get wiped by updates?

I'll look into it...

I upgraded my IDE DVD Drive to a SATA, and tested it, In OSX the drive is recognised when theres no cd/dvd in the drive but once I put a disk in, it just keeps spinning and hangs anything I try to access the drive with.

It works fine in Windows or Linux and even when installing OSX but its practically useless once i'm in Leopard

I've tried changed sata ports, no difference there.

I'm not really in a rush into fixing it, Just want to help out testing.

The Drive is a Samsung SN-S083A/BEBE FW-SB01

Haven't been on the forum in awhile so I decided to come by and see what's new and found this! WOOT!

I'll be testing it out when I get home tonight.

All I want is 4GB+ RAM stability and SATA DVD capabilities (primarily read, but write will be nice to have if we can get it there). I'll report back later tonight or tomorrow.

Also, is there a reason it is suggested to be placed under

/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

instead of

/System/Library/Extensions/

My current AppleNForceATA.kext is under the latter.

See sig for my setup.

Haven't been on the forum in awhile so I decided to come by and see what's new and found this! WOOT!

I'll be testing it out when I get home tonight.

All I want is 4GB+ RAM stability and SATA DVD capabilities (primarily read, but write will be nice to have if we can get it there). I'll report back later tonight or tomorrow.

Also, is there a reason it is suggested to be placed under

/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

instead of

/System/Library/Extensions/

My current AppleNForceATA.kext is under the latter.

See sig for my setup.

Yes there is...

The plugins folder is allways the best choice :D

Hey AnV,

Just wanted to let you know that I tried your driver on the a boot132 disc. When I booted, I got to the installation screen but there were no hard drive in the disk utility to format. Other nForce drivers work fine for this method.

Letting you know this info

MGJulius

Why do you think that for example dvd writing does not work on nforce 430/mcp61?

Thnx!

I'm still looking in to that...

I may have a solution soon though... I'm rewriting the driver...

• 2 weeks later...

I've tested the driver with mcp51 hardware.

DVD only R no W (tested with SATA DVD).

Working only if I boot with "cpus=1" otherwise i get KP (tested with Quad2 Core 8200 Vanilla kernel 10.5.6/10.5.7).

I'm a programmer, i don't have much experience in driver programming but if you can give me some tips where or how to start, i may be able to help here.

HI! I tested this driver, so my experience: I have Nforce4 chipset and Samsung DVD-R rom on it. Still can not burn discs and got long booting time. So, if without this kext got message from Toast or Disk Utility "Device doesnt answer", now the DVD LED is blinking but the progress bar stays on 0%. So, it hangs somehow..