210 posts in this topic

HP Pavilion dv3540es 13,3"

Also tested and working on dv3510nr, dv3550eo, dv3550el and more

Edicion en castellano AQUI

Leopard 10.5.8 Retail

GUIDE

(24-8-2009)

Reloaded

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAST UPDATE (ever): This was my last DV TEST PACK for Snow Leopard before I left this project:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b44qktqoel1z44h

Whats new:

- New Pack for Snow Leopard 64 bits

- Minimal Kext pack used

- New DSDT compiled with 0 Errors 0 Warnings (old one was 28 warnings)

- Native Powermanagement

- Uses 64 bits Kernel

Whats wrong:

- USB sometime fails (fix doesn´t included). Speedstep, Brightness or Sleep don´t work.

This time I don´t gonna make any new guide or installer, I´m sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP370x277.png

HP Pavilion dv3540es 13,3"

** What´s New in v3.0:**

PATCHED DSDT based on Kingnoob v15 BIOS

(No more disabler)

- Graphic drivers update!

(Now using NVenabler)

- Native power management

- Native SpeedStep

- EFI String for Time Machine

- ALPS Trackpad - 2 finger scrolling support + Tap + pref pane

- Media keys working! - (Mute, Volume, Play, rewind and forward)

- Chameleon 2 RC2 bootloader

- Airport full support

- New Battery manager

And my all new...

logo.png

Features:

-Made with Chameleon V2

- Custom taylored for HP DV3 series!

-Drivers Pack 3.0 are included!

-Custom theme

-Provides keyb + ALPS touchpad support during installation

-Provides QE/CI during installation

-Provides sound during installation

-Single ISO image file

-Kingnoob v15 BIOS w. installer included (for windows)

Now with...

SimpleInstaller1.0 !!!

SimpleInstaller.png

Changes Log:

BIOS hacked!! No more whitelist.

So now you can replace Intel 5100 WIFI with any miniPCI-E Airport compatible.

THANKS TO KINGNOOB

Look at point 10 for more info.

2.4b

Only cosmetic changes:

THIS pretty laptop skin from Schtickers.com

kin.png

Keyboard replaced by this one (Led backlight)

teclpng.png

-Battery meter driver added

-Speedstep working

-New drivers for sound. Now, internal stereo mic is working.

Shutdown fixed

- Tested and corrected.

- Drivers pack 2.0

- keyboard & touchpad driver Updated.

- Fixed. Problem of losing keyboard and mouse after upgrade to 10.5.6

- Updated SMBIOS EFI (now using MacBook Air´s one)

- UInstaller included.

WORKS

WIFI (if you flash kingnoob´s BIOS and get an airport compatible wifi card)

Keyboard and touchpad, touch controls (volume, mute)

Sound, both internal & output minijack

Internal stereo mic & input minijack

QE/CI (Graphics Acceleration)

Bluetooth

Ethernet

Cam

USB

Chipset recognized

Restart

Shutdown

Card reader

Intel Speedstep

Battery management

Screen goes dark when you close the laptop (good to hear music)

HDMI out (Extended desktop video, but no sound thru clable yet)

NOT WORKS

Wake from Sleep* (Sleep works, but can´t wake)

Intel Wifi 5100 AGN Wifilink (but now you can replace it)

Validity Fingerprint Reader

Bright controls

InfraRed receiver

STILL TESTING

eSATA port: not tested yet with v3.0

*Wake from sleep working in ONE of my testing partitions

(dont know why)

Osx86Tools info:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub [8086:2a40] (rev 07)

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Graphics Port [8086:2a41] (rev 07)

00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:2937] (rev 03)

00:1a.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 [8086:2938] (rev 03)

00:1a.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 [8086:293c] (rev 03)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 03)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:2940] (rev 03)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 2 [8086:2942] (rev 03)

00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 6 [8086:294a] (rev 03)

00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:2934] (rev 03)

00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:2935] (rev 03)

00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:2936] (rev 03)

00:1d.3 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 [8086:2939] (rev 03)

00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 [8086:293a] (rev 03)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev 93)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation ICH9M LPC Interface Controller [8086:2919] (rev 03)

00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2929] (rev 03)

00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:2930] (rev 03)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation GeForce 9300M GS [10de:06e9] (rev a1)

02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8168] (rev 02)

03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:4237]

STEP BY STEP GUIDE 3.0

(11-8-2009)

(Looking for Testers)

1- WHAT YOU NEED:

(24-8-2009) Reloaded

- My new >> DV3 BootCD with 3.0 Drivers Pack and SimpleInstaller included Just burn this to CD.

It´s an ISO image, so you can use osx or windows to burn your BootCD. You can even mount it in windows with daemontools to view contents.

- OS X Leopard retail, any version from 10.5.0.

- Download 10.5.8 combo update . Move it in your pendrive or external device being used or download it with OS X already installed. Of course you can also use software update utility, but combo installer it's recommended.

-[ABOUT WIFI] Now you can use KINGNOOB v15 BIOS to avoid the whitelist (This allow WIFI card replacement). This pack includes installer for win7/vista. Take a look at the last point of this guide to find more info about this.

2 - LOADING RETAIL DVD:

Turn on your laptop, and press F10

Go into the bios and change the boot order, setting the DVD on the first place.

Put on your dvd drive the DV3 CdBoot you've previously recorded on cd.

You'll see Darwin starts to load. . When it appears, you'll see "Would you like to enable media rescan option?"

Press Enter.

Press F8 when a green bar appears, and quicky press the eject button of your drive.

Insert your retail DVD and wait about 30-40 secs until the light of your drive is off and press Escape to reload.

When "Mac OS X Install DVD" appears, press enter.

If you dont wait long enough to read the DVD before pressing Enter, you'll see some error messages. It is not important, are simply attempts to read, but they are ugly to see. Much better if you wait till the DVD stops by itself.

Darwin starts to load and displays a smiling green apple: bootimage24.png I´ve used this distinctive icon on my new DV3BootCD to avoid any mistake with the Chameleon boot, which installs on the hard disk.

Behind this screen, some strange things are happening.

3 - FORMATTING:

After a minute or two, you'll see the language selection screen of Mac OS X.

Choose your desired language, and click the blue arrow below.

You'll see the Welcome screen.

Run the Hard Disk Utility located on the top.

Select the whole hard disk, the first icon on the left (not the partitions, whole HD) and click on the tab "Partitions".

In the dropdown "Volume Scheme", select the number of partitions that you want, and click Options (bottom). Select the first option: "GUID Partition Table" and click OK.

Resize the partitions if you want, and choose a nice name, preferably without spaces to the main partition (Something like OSX or LEOPARD).

As format: select MAC OS Extended (Journaled) on each partition.

Click Apply.

(Optional) Triple boot: If you´re planning to install Windows 7 and/or Ubuntu 9, create at least 3 partitions:

(This is my initial config, as an example)

1- Leopard (HFS+) 60GB

2- Windows7 (FAT) 60GB

3- Ubuntu9 (FAT) 30GB

4- LinuxSwap (FAT) 4GB

5- Vault (FAT) +100GB

6- OSX Test & Backup (HFS+) 20GB

Later you can format the partitions in the specific format for each operating system.

From this moment, our HD is ready for OS X. We left the old MBR partition table for a newer GPT.

4 - INSTALLING:

Close the Disk Utility and return to the Welcome screen. Click "continue."

We will see the Apple´s EULA, and we´re agree.

We came to the screen, "select a target disk". Select your first partition, and click on Continue.

On last screen, You can click "customize" and remove things you dont need (languages, fonts, printer drivers, etc), but leave checked the x11 thing, it´s useful and many software takes use of it.

Click on Install.

Now relax, and watch the blue progress bar. When completed, it will prompt a kind of error and says that it will reboot your computer. But don´t worry and click Reboot.

When you see the HP logo, press the power off button of your laptop.

Turn it on again, and quickly press the eject button on the DVD.

Remove the retail OS X DVD, and re-enter the CDBoot. If you don´t have enought time, turn off and try again, but do it.

How to boot from HD with the DV3 CDboot:

When it ask: Would you like to enable media rescan option?

Press any key (but not the Enter key).

Press F8 then green bar appears.

Select your partition with cursor keys if needed, and press enter.

5 - FIRST START:

OS X still can´t boot from the HD, so we had to return to cdBoot.

At this moment you should be watching the video of the introduction of Leopard, with its music, (now in your native res with the new DV3 BootCD), its galaxies and all that stuff. Then a blue screen, colorful cursor ... and you´re inside.

Start with the account setup wizard . Just Follow the steps, take your first photo, and you will see the desktop for the first time.

OS X will recognize the network or WIFI (if compatible) card automatically on this machine, from the beginning. If you have the ethernet cable plugged in, simply type a static IP for your pc and the gateway (the address of your router)

When you arrive at the desk, keep in mind that Leopard is now running on a basic VGA mode, and without drivers. Keep in mind that now is when the windows start to do weird stuff if you drag. Just try not to do so. If the windows smears, just click on the desktop or another window to restore. If it´s a finder´s window, use the Back and Forward buttons (arrows) or change to other directory to restore or minimize the window.

(Now you get QE/CI all the time, with DV3 BootCD)

6 - UPDATING TO 10.5.8

-Now install the official 10.5.8 combo update that you downloaded and saved on your pendrive previously, or If you have Internet connection, download it from Apple now.

After installation, repeat the same from point 4. (boot with DV3 BootCD).

It will reboot 2 times.

7- INSTALLING DRIVERS:

Note: This part of my tutorial is still a testing area, and it will be in constant restructuring, possibly changing some of the drivers employed. Check from time to time this part of the tutorial to find out if there have been changes or additions.

- Open your DV3 BootCD.

- Open "HP DV3500 3.0" folder:

carpeta.png

------- Run "HP DV3500.mpkg" and you will see ... "SimpleInstaller 1.0" !! ----.

SimpleInstaller.png

SimpleInstaller 1.0 will help us to install everything we need, making all even easier.

SimpleInstaller just copy some files to 3 locations of your HD:

/Extra - It will copy the folder "Extra" to the root of your HD. This folder contains most of the Kext we need, including Nvidia 9300, internal keyboard and touchpad, etc.

/Library/PreferencePanes - Here it will copy "Shades" (application to control the brightness) and overwrites the original trackpad.prefPane by a new one, that will work with our trackpad (2 finger scrolling, tap, vertical scrolling, etc.. . )

/Applications - Two apps (Kext Utility 2.0 and Hardware Monitor) and the folder "DV3500" , which contains the rest of Kext to use.

---- Now let's do our part: -------

Go to your Applications folder and open the folder "DV3500".

1 - Installing Chameleon 2 RC2. (You have 2 options to do so)

OPTION A: (Using Chameleon 2 installer)

- First of all, rename your folder "Extra" that is at the root of your main partition, or move it to the desktop.

- Go to your Applications folder and open the folder "dv3500".

- Open the folder "Chameleon-2-RC2-R640 Installer" and run the file inside. Install it to your main partition.

- When finished, delete the folder "Extra" that Chameleon has created, and replace it with yours.

Dont reboot yet, and go to Step 2.

OPTION B: (Manual Installation with Scripts )

In your folder "DV3500" you can found "Chameleon2 RC2 R640 bin". It contains Chameleon´s binary files, and we will install through a simple script that I've written, to make it easier.

- Click on Spotlight and type "terminal".

- Now type or copy these commands:

cd /Applications/DV3500/Chameleon-2-RC2-Bin/i386
  sh Chameleon2Script.sh

- The script will make us 2 questions: "Would you like to install Chameleon on disk0s2 partition?" (the partition of OS X), then "would you like to flag it as active?". Answer "Y" to both questions, and we have Chameleon2 already installed.

2 - Go to your folder "DV3500" and open the folder "Intel IDT Audio".

- Run the KextHelper. Drag the files "AppleHDA, HDA Enabler and IOUSBfamily " to the top window of Kexthelper.

- Enter your administrator password and click "Easy Install". Then close Kexthelper but don´t reboot yet.

3 - Go to folder "DV3500" and open the folder "Media Keys Enabler".

- Double click on the "Configuration" file inside. The app will open for 5 second and then will close.

- Reopen the same file, and then it will ask " you want to add your prefs?". Click "Insert"

- Click the button "preferences" and check the option "launch butler on log in".

- Uncheck "Display splash Screen" and Close it by now.

4 - (optional) Go to "Applications" and run "Hardware Monitor".

- When it ask for "install drivers for Intel extended support?" and so on, say yes to everything.

- When finished, right click the icon in the dock, and close it.

5 - Back to "applications" and run the "Kext Utility 2.0". It may take a while to finish. Meanwhile, Unmount your CD.

--- Reboot now WITHOUT your BootCD -----------

You should be watching now the standard Chameleon´s silver apple: bootchml224.png

(If you´re still seeing the smiling green one, eject your bootCD)

8 - FINAL FIXES

1- Go to "System preferences" and..

- Open "Energysaver", click "show details" and set Sleep to "never" for both AC and battery. We do this until we have a definitive solution to the wake from Sleep.

- Open the new panel "Trackpad" and activate the "clicking". Set "scrolling speed" to the minimum, and uncheck "horizontal scrolling. "

- Open "displays" tab and click "color". Click the "Calibrate" button, and when you get to "white point" option set "PC monitor."

- Click "Share" Here you can put the name of your PC.

- Open "Shades" and set your preferences.

2 - Click on the apple menu, "dock", and turn magnification on.

3 - Set expose and spaces to your liking.

Enjoy your OS X Leopard!!!

********************************************************************************

-Sources and info about 3.0 drivers pack: Section not ready yet.

- WIFI & Final Thoughts: Kingnoob its the user who probably wrote the best first post ever (at least for a few of us).

Now is possible to replace the WiFi card that comes with our laptop, the Intel 5100, (for which there are no drivers for OSX) with any Airport compatible card.

The installer included in the ZIP attachment is from the original HP Website. (intended for Vista/windows 7 32bits) and includes the Kingnoob BIOS (.FD extension) It is based on the F15 official firmware.

I bought my card here: Justopeshop. They are English Ebay powersellers but I think they can deliver worldwide.

I can highly recommend: Dell DW1390 or Dell DW1490.

Other alternatives are: An compatible external USB wifi (I was using the conceptronic C54RU , with this drivers.) or an Expresscard (that goes into the side of the laptop where the remote is stored) like the Dell DW1390 (reported by esoterikest)

- Our fingerprint reader is this one. The bad news are that Validity fingerprints seems not to have osx support yet... I've also tried with Upek software but doesn't work.

- Now we need help about wake from sleep and brightness controls.

An Ed_Saxman guide (Ed_Saxman_BCN)

Post your results!

V3 Tested on:

Ed_Saxman_BCN - dv3540es

flopp99 - dv3550eo

Angel Abad - dv3550es

jaqscm - dv3550es

sigterm - DV5-1165ep

V2 Tested on:

Ed_Saxman_BCN - dv3540es

Karlankas - dv3540es

53ph1207h - dv3510nr

superfluke - dv3510

liddan - dv3550eo

SnoopKatt- dv3510nr

Angel Abad- dv3550es

Genius128 - dv3550es

AngeleToR - dv3540es

Janri - dv3540es

esoterikest - dv3510nr

JohnEisenheim - dv3550el

Kingnoob - dv3510nr

Also tested on different machines:

tGill - HP dv2817ca (works)

xyf - asia/pacific HP DV3000 (No wifi (4965 card), shutdown/restart issue...)

mellors35 - HP G70-120EA (no sound but Atheros Wireless card works)

sasj15 - HP dv4-1030ee (problems with usb devices, cam doesnt work ootb)

Attachment (same as above):

>> DV3 BootCD with 3.0 Drivers Pack and SimpleInstaller included

Kingnoob v15 BIOS to avoid whitelist (allows WIFI replacement)

OLD Galaxy BootCD

OLD 2.4 Drivers pack for HP dv3540es | Mirror1

Edicion en castellano AQUI

Yeah man,You need to rebuild your partition table when you´re creating partitions, changing MBR to GUID Partition Table. (look at point 3 of my guide)

You can also do the following:

-Create at least 3 partitions. Format the last one in FAT32. This should create an hybrid GPT/MBR partition, and maybe all goes easily if you want to install windows too.

Other method is to modify your retail DVD to be able to install on MBR partition table, look for info here in the forum.

Hello just wanted to report that I installed osx using your guide on a DV3510nr which basically looks like the same laptop you have. Video works, webcam, sound, ethernet, etc. I installed it on a spare hdd I had lying around and now im going to install it on the real one. Thanks for your guide, if only we could get past the bios hardware check then we could replace the wirless card with another and have a pretty good macbook. :(

Thanks for your guide, I have a genuine Airport Card and when i put it in my dv3510,

i have the "Error 104 unsupported wireless device" message.

I found the bios is made by insyde and it is not possible to modify it,

fortunately a friend who work in laptop repair shop

tell me i can flash the hpdv3500 series with an insyde bios

from another manufacturer, if the laptop have the same hardware.

He flash my HP dv3510 with the bios of asus N50Vc not X71SL-7S017C and it's work!

http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/N50Vc/N50VcVn210AS.zip

i don't ever have the boring whitelist problem!

The only bad things is the asus logo on boot but he can't modify it.

Thanks for your guide, I have a genuine Airport Card and when i put it in my dv3510,

He flash my HP dv3510 with the bios of asus X71SL-7S017C and it's work!

Is there anyway that you can get the bios that your friend flashed onto your computer and ask him for more info on how he did so it would be greatly apreciated because i have a dell 1390 which works in mac i just cant use it because of the whitelist error thank you

He flash my HP dv3510 with the bios of asus X71SL-7S017C and it's work!

Although the hardware is extremely similar, I'm still amazed that it actually worked. The logo is no problem, but does absolutely everything work (webcam, video, audio (mic and speakers), ethernet, etc)? Some BIOS's let you mod the picture, but either way, that's no drawback for us if that can't be edited. I would definitely like to try this if everything still works, but it's one great risk, as it can completely disable the laptop if something goes wrong. I just need to know 100% that everything will work.

Thanks for any feedback!

he use the latest bios of NV50VC

http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/N50Vc/N50VcVn210AS.zip

The bios isn't X71sl (SIS chipset), i do a mistake SORRY!

Specifications of NV50VC

Processor & Cache Memory

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9400/P8600/P7350 : 2.8 GHz - 2.0 GHz, 1066MHz, 6/3MB On-Die L2 Cache;;

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T5850 : 2.16 GHz - 2.0 GHz, 667MHz, 2MB On-Die L2 Cache

Operating System

Genuine Windows Vista® Business,

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium,

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic,

Chipset_test

Mobile Intel® PM45 Express Chipset +ICH9M

Main Memory

DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 4GB SDRAM

*Due to the 32-bit operation system's limitation, only 3GB will show up with a 4GB memory. The 64-bit operating system will not have this issue. For more information, please check Microsoft's support site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946003

Display

15.4" WXGA/WXGA+/WSXGA+ AI Light Sensor embedded

* WXGA (LED panel)

Video Graphics & Memory

NVIDIA® GeForce® 9300M GS with 512MB VRAM

Hard Drive

2.5" 12.5mm SATA

500GB 5400rpm

320GB,5400rpm;7200rpm

250GB,5400rpm

Optical Drive

5.25" , 12.7mm

DVD Super Multi

Blu-Ray DVD Combo

Card Reader

8-in-1 card reader, SD,MMC,MS,MS-Pro,mini SD w/ adapter,MS-Duo,MS-Pro Duo via adapter

Video Camera

1.3 Mega Pixel swivel web camera

(optional)

2.0 Mega Pixel web camera

(optional)

Fax/Modem/LAN/WLAN

Built-in Bluetooth™ V2.1+EDR (optional)

3.5G Antenna support(in selected territories)

Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 5100 ABGN

Intel® WiMAX/WiFi Link 5150 (in selected territories)

10/100/1000 Base T

LED Status Indicator

Power-on/Suspend

Battery Charging/full/low

Storage device access

Capital / Scroll / Number Lock

Wireless on status indicator(optional)

Bluetooth on status indicator(optional)

Interface

1 x Express card

1 x Microphone-in jack

1 x Headphone-out jack (S/PDIF)

1 x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor

3 x USB 2.0 ports

1 x IEEE 1394 port

1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert

1 x HDMI

1 x WLAN On/Off Switch

1 x E-SATA

He flash it with asus utility

My laptop is under OSX and linux, it works great, the battery meter is also OK

the virtualization option appear in bios but it doesn't work with virtualbox.

Hi

I have an HP G70-120EA which is pretty similar and i managed to get leopard installed following your guide with a few alterations.

My graphics card is a 9200M GE which works well with QE

But my sound doesn't even thought we both have the same Altec Lansing speakers.

Is there anything else to do other then just install the two sound kexts??

I also have an Atheros Wireless card which i have managed to get working.

sleep doesn't work but everything else does.

Thanks for your guide and driver pack it really helped me alot!!

Benjamin

I use the latest bios

http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/X71SL/X71SL206AS.zip

the virtualization option appear in bios but it doesn't work with virtualbox.

thanks for the reply, I was messing with it yesterday and could not get the asus flash utility working on vista 64bit, do you know if he used 32bit to flash it, cause if he did i can install it on a spare hdd i have and try from there.

Thank you very much to all testers. I'm very glad it has worked well in your machine.

Now, I have some questions...

I use the latest bios

So... did you install Leo using my guide, then flashed the bios, and all remains the same? All working? Same hardware recogniced, even the unsopported to osx/linux?...

When you´re talking about the battery meter, you mean linux or OSX?

I was thinking to buy a dell 1490 wifi card but that hp bios is being a serious drawback. Actually I´m using an USB wifi (Conceptronic C54RU).

Please, can you ask your friend for more details? Is there any way to flash bios with a pendrive or XP on external device? I´m actually not using vista or win7.

But my sound doesn't even thought we both have the same Altec Lansing speakers.

Is there anything else to do other then just install the two sound kexts??

Thanks for your guide and driver pack it really helped me alot!!

Benjamin

Thank you very much for testing my guide.

But..is the first time I hear about that laptop, I do not know what hardware includes.

Probably your soundcard isn´t the same. What are important here aren´t the speakers. You just need to search for another .kexts that fits your soundcard and install using the same method you did.

Dear Ed,

I would be happy to be a tester on your guide process, but the guide will be applied on hp dv4-1030ee.

I will write down the list of the hardwares I have on this specific model:

- CPU 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P7350

- Memory RAM 2048 (2 x 1024 MB)

- GPU NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS

- Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface (RealTek)

- IDT 92HD71B7 Sound card

I downloaded the latest mac dvd which is 10.5.6

It went great as you described, but the problem was with the usb devices

I tried to plug my usb flash, it didn't detect anything neither show it in the disk utility.

I downloaded the package you have provided and put it in my usb flash so now I can't access it to complete the process.

I tried to download it again from the link you have attached since network card is working with my local network cable, but there is a problem in the host file server!

Please help me to fix the problem with my USB and my cam as well

and also check the link you have attached to download the package!

Thank you

Hi.

Thanks for a good guide..

I have the swedish version called 3550eo and have followed your great guide.

Everything works fine except for one thing.

I cant boot without the boot CD

After i followed the steps to install os x essentials and the boot loader i starts fine,, the apple logo shows up and the "loading indicator" starts spinning.. But thats it. It stoppes there.

If I use the CD and boot from the HD OSX starts up fine.

Any idea whats wrong?

Once again, thanks for a very good tutorial !

Regars.. Daniel..

Ed Saxman Bcn: If that ASUS BIOS works as it should, then there will be no wi-fi card check, so therefore every min-pci card should work. There's also a way to change the device ID's of the wi-fi cards so that it looks the same as the one that's in there, but it requires Linux. I want to try that way first, as it is less risky.

superfluke: Thanks for filling us in. I might give that a try if the device ID thing doesn't work.

EDIT: liddan: Boot up with "-v" and you'll be able to see where it gets stuck. Please post back with the line(s) where it gets stuck.

Good to see this guide getting a lot of testers! I'm waiting for my friend to be less busy so we can try this again.

EDIT 2: The download limit for the 2.3 pack has expired. Could you please post it with a collector's account or post it on MegaShares or MegaUpload?

Thanks!

Hi.

Thanks for a good guide..

I have the swedish version called 3550eo and have followed your great guide.

Everything works fine except for one thing.

I cant boot without the boot CD

After i followed the steps to install os x essentials and the boot loader i starts fine,, the apple logo shows up and the "loading indicator" starts spinning.. But thats it. It stoppes there.

If I use the CD and boot from the HD OSX starts up fine.

Any idea whats wrong?

Once again, thanks for a very good tutorial !

Regars.. Daniel..

Same thing is happening to me but im dual booting vista and osx. I searched for a fix and basically they say to make another small partition on your hdd and restore the boot 132 iso onto it. Once it is restored make that partition the boot partition and it should allow you to boot without the cd. This is not the answer i was hoping for but i am in the process of resizing my partition now as i write this. Once it is complete i will report back if it worked.

53ph1207h: You shouldn't have to do that at all. Boot with the -v flag and please post back with where it gets stuck.

That BIOS actually may not be too far-fetched of an idea. Many HP products use ASUS motherboards, so there's a chance that the dv3510nr uses the same motherboard as the X71SL-7S017C. Has anyone else tried it yet?

53ph1207h: You shouldn't have to do that at all. Boot with the -v flag and please post back with where it gets stuck.

That BIOS actually may not be too far-fetched of an idea. Many HP products use ASUS motherboards, so there's a chance that the dv3510nr uses the same motherboard as the X71SL-7S017C. Has anyone else tried it yet?

Sadly it is to late for me to do -v as i just reinstalled with 3 partitions. i have successfully got the boot 132 onto a small partition and can now boot without the cd. Now all i need is wireless and a battery monitor and ill be happy :unsure: thanks for all the help hoping for more updates as time goes buy.

Umm just found something interesting, heres a list of all the laptops that have the same motherboard that is in my dv3510nr. So if we can comfirm that the bios are flashable with the asus ones then i assume that it would be safe for anyone that owns a laptop on that list to flash there bios and be rid of the dreaded 104 error.

Now all i need is wireless and a battery monitor and ill be happy ;) thanks for all the help hoping for more updates as time goes by.

Battery meter working!!!!!! Look for my updated 2.4 drivers pack.

Ed Saxman Bcn: If that ASUS BIOS works as it should, then there will be no wi-fi card check, so therefore every min-pci card should work. There's also a way to change the device ID's of the wi-fi cards so that it looks the same as the one that's in there, but it requires Linux. I want to try that way first, as it is less risky.

superfluke: Thanks for filling us in. I might give that a try if the device ID thing doesn't work.

EDIT: liddan: Boot up with "-v" and you'll be able to see where it gets stuck. Please post back with the line(s) where it gets stuck.

Good to see this guide getting a lot of testers! I'm waiting for my friend to be less busy so we can try this again.

EDIT 2: The download limit for the 2.3 pack has expired. Could you please post it with a collector's account or post it on MegaShares or MegaUpload?

Thanks!

OK I will try this tonight and post the results where it "hangs".

How do you other guys handle the WIFI problem? Are you using a USB wifi stick? Any recomendations on USB wifi stick brand that works nice in OSX ?

Thanks // Liddan

Are you using a USB wifi stick? Any recomendations on USB wifi stick brand that works nice in OSX ?

Thanks // Liddan

Yeh man, I´m using the conceptronic C54RU , with this drivers. It´s working becouse it have an Ralink chip. Maybe another brands also have another one with same chip, but I don´t know.

I would be happy to be a tester on your guide process, but the guide will be applied on hp dv4-1030ee.

I will write down the list of the hardwares I have on this specific model:

- Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface (RealTek)

- IDT 92HD71B7 Sound card

I downloaded the latest mac dvd which is 10.5.6

It went great as you described, but the problem was with the usb devices

I tried to plug my usb flash, it didn't detect anything neither show it in the disk utility.

Please help me to fix the problem with my USB and my cam as well

and also check the link you have attached to download the package!

Thank you

I would help, but since your laptop isn´t exactly the same, you may need to change some kexts...but:

You can Try recording the pack and the utilities on a CD. Copy the drivers folder to the desktop and then Install the drivers. Maybe after the first 2 drivers installation, your USBs will work.

To your camera, try the free software "Camtwist", I´ve heard its works for some DV5 users...

and thank you for the advice about the broken link. Now is online again.

I Have now tried using the verbose flag it hangs when dealing with the network card:

This is the last line i get:

AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT

The sound isn't working either for me.

Got any ideas?

Thanks // Liddan

I Have now tried using the verbose flag it hangs when dealing with the network card:

This is the last line i get:

AppleRTL8169Ethernet: phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT

The sound isn't working either for me.

Got any ideas?

Thanks // Liddan

Yeh man. Since Galaxycdboot is containing your AppleRTL8139Ethernet - apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet (1.4.1), yo can boot with the cd.

Its hanging there when you boot without the galaxy cdboot, becouse my dv3540es has an RTL8111/8168B and no drivers is required. (works out of the box)

You can do the following:

Get Mkextools and open the extensions.mkext package contained on your galaxycdboot. Extract the kext for your RTL8139. Install it with kexthelperB like you did before.

About your Soundcard, maybe its different too.

Get osx86tools and clic on View PCI Device/vendor ID. After reboot, clic on the same button again, on the same program, and you could see your devices in detail.

Yeh man. Since Galaxycdboot is containing your AppleRTL8139Ethernet - apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet (1.4.1), yo can boot with the cd.

Its hanging there when you boot without the galaxy cdboot, becouse my dv3540es has an RTL8111/8168B and no drivers is required. (works out of the box)

You can do the following:

Get Mkextools and open the extensions.mkext package contained on your galaxycdboot. Extract the kext for your RTL8139. Install it with kexthelperB like you did before.

About your Soundcard, maybe its different too.

Get osx86tools and clic on View PCI Device/vendor ID. After reboot, clic on the same button again, on the same program, and you could see your devices in detail.

Hi.

Oh, so it seems our models differ then. Well I'm gonna try with Mkextools now :) Thanks. I'll keep you posted

// Liddan

Hi.

Oh, so it seems our models differ then. Well I'm gonna try with Mkextools now ;) Thanks. I'll keep you posted

// Liddan

Now i did that,, extracted all kexts and used the kext tool to install the kext for Realtek 8169.. No luck,,, there was another,, for realtek 8139 to,, same there,, it still hangs on the same line during boot :)

Any other kext I'm missing?

Is there any way to se what kext are used? I thought that i can se which kexts are used when i boot using the CD to se if I'm missing some

Are many installed Kexts a problem?

How do I remove an installed kext? Just drag it to the trash? ( I read that somewhere )

thanks ! // Liddan

Now i did that,, extracted all kexts and used the kext tool to install the kext for Realtek 8169.. No luck,,, there was another,, for realtek 8139 to,, same there,, it still hangs on the same line during boot :blink:

Any other kext I'm missing?

Is there any way to se what kext are used? I thought that i can se which kexts are used when i boot using the CD to se if I'm missing some

Are many installed Kexts a problem?

How do I remove an installed kext? Just drag it to the trash? ( I read that somewhere )

thanks ! // Liddan

Hi again.

Really strange. I used the OSX Tools and dumped info about my hardware. My hardware is exactly like yours:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub [8086:2a40] (rev 07)

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Graphics Port [8086:2a41] (rev 07)

00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:2937] (rev 03)

00:1a.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 [8086:2938] (rev 03)

00:1a.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 [8086:293c] (rev 03)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:293e] (rev 03)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:2940] (rev 03)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 2 [8086:2942] (rev 03)

00:1c.5 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 6 [8086:294a] (rev 03)

00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:2934] (rev 03)

00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:2935] (rev 03)

00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:2936] (rev 03)

00:1d.3 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 [8086:2939] (rev 03)

00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 [8086:293a] (rev 03)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev 93)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation ICH9M LPC Interface Controller [8086:2919] (rev 03)

00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2929] (rev 03)

00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:2930] (rev 03)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation GeForce 9300M GS [10de:06e9] (rev a1)

02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8168] (rev 02)

03:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Unknown device [8086:4237]

What the heck is the problem here.

The only difference i can se is that I use the 10.5.6 Retail CD while you used an earlier version? right?

*Confused*

Btw. How the hell do you type the @ sign,, Alt-gr-2 (the usual here in sweden) doesn't work :(

// Liddan