• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

ayaw

ayaw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Okay... I take the risk and get Asus EAH4350 512MB Silent earlier today.

After spending 15 minutes, I get it fully working with QE/CI Enabled with netkas booter and driver
I posted the instructions at my new blog:
http://www.xhackinto...pard-qe-ci.html

- Full HD 1920x1080 resolution
- Transparent menu bar
- Dashboard ripple effects
- VLC Windowed and Fullscreen (tested with 720p and full hd 1080p video, smooth playback)
- Chess game
- All Screen savers works

All works great...

Eldorad

Eldorad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
ayaw, you're great! it works! thanks!

Attached Files

olav

olav

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
This is great! However I can't understand that it didn't work for me when I tried during christmas, maybe it's because of 1 GB memory.

ayaw

ayaw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
did you patch the kext and insert your device id?

It won't work without them

olav

olav

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Yes, exactly in the same manner, I tried with other boot loaders than the beta one as well. I got kp related to the x2000 kext all the time. Maybe I didn't use all the files in 4xx0 directory, which kexts are loaded on your working config?

ayaw

ayaw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I use all the files in the 4xx0 directory.

loaded kexts is
ATI4500Cotroller
ATIFramebuffer
ATIRadeonX2000
ATISupport

Attached Files

olav

olav

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

I use all the files in the 4xx0 directory.

loaded kexts is
ATI4500Cotroller
ATIFramebuffer
ATIRadeonX2000
ATISupport

nice, I don't have that computer at home now but I will test again later.

hari om

hari om

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Anybody got audio out via HDMI on this card ?

Sirius19

Sirius19

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
great news here!

I wanted to know. Are we able with that graphic card to have the desktop extended ? (dual monitor mode0

thanks!

mrle

mrle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yes, exactly in the same manner, I tried with other boot loaders than the beta one as well. I got kp related to the x2000 kext all the time. Maybe I didn't use all the files in 4xx0 directory, which kexts are loaded on your working config?

Same here, the X2000 kext from 10.6.2 with added pci-id causes kernel panic all the time. I tried with X2000 from 10.6.0 - that one did not cause kernel panic, but couldn't initialize the display properly, and the boot process got stuck. I think we just need to get the right version of that kext to make it work.

Can anyone who got it working post their X2000 kext?

Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Location:Toronto, Canada (Crack smoking Mayor Rob Ford's city)

ayaw, you're great! it works! thanks!

I tried to get this working but got kernel panic. I patched the additional ATIController4500.kext and the 10.6.2 version of ATIRadeonX2000 with 0×954f1002 and put the boot file in the root directory but it doesn't work. Would you please post exactly what you did, including which version of 10.6 you used the ATIRadeonX200 from, to get it to work.

Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:I will become the Pirate King!
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

I'm just curious if you have tried VGA or HDMI ports? Does it work? I'm building for a friend and this will be the perfect video card for his HTPC. His HDTV has VGA and HDMI connections so I just needed to know if it will work.

Gratz

obeythepharaoh

obeythepharaoh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a theory that this method only works when the monitor is plugged in via DVI. I know that for me and a few others I've seen, VGA has caused kernel panics. I'm about to try HDMI, I'll let you know when I get it to work.

EDIT: I attempted to boot via HDMI, but I could not get into my Chameleon bootloader (RC4). My monitor gave me a "Not compatible with this signal" error. Looks like VGA for me, since DVI is not supported by my monitor (which is actually a TV). Perhaps someone else who got this working perfectly via DVI could test via VGA and HDMI and give us some information?

I have attempted to boot into Snow Leopard via Safe Boot with the argument -x. It boots into Snow leopard and everything works, System Profiler correctly recognizes my ATI Radeon HD 4350. However I'm limited to 1024x768, with no other choices. Is there a solution to this?

In addition, I've attempted to boot into Snow Leopard with no boot arguments, just a normal boot. This resulted in a kernel panic that references the X2000 kext, as other people have reported. Bear in mind that I'm using Snow 10.6.0 (thereby Darwin 10.0), and not 10.6.2 yet, because my networking is not functioning properly in Snow Leopard. When I get that fixed, I'll be sure to update and try again with my current kext. Until then...

Could anyone suggest a way for me to modify (or find an already modified) X2000 kext, if necessary? Or could anyone point me to some instructions on how to enable other resolutions while in Safe Boot? OR, could anyone suggest any further advice for me to be able to get my Radeon HD 4350 to work?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

EDIT2: Hmm, it seems the author of this article: http://redirectingat...pard-qe-ci.html (see post #41 above) has stated in a comment beneath the article that he's seeing reports that only DVI works... so now the question remains, is there some way for someone to make it VGA compatible? I'd rather not spend all that money just for a new monitor. Also, can anyone confirm if a DVI-VGA plug works?

EDIT3: Okay, I've managed to boot into normal OSX (no safe boot) using the modified kexts and bootloader as described in the link above. However, my only available resolution is still 1024x768, and I have no option to detect displays... I'm not really sure what that means.

jeffplante

jeffplante

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I Have a kernel panic with atiradeonx2000.kext. Is it possible to delete this file from installation disk?

BillyGuy

BillyGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Good news ! I don't know if you heard but Netkas released PC EFI 10.6 that makes the 4350 recognized by the system.
I have a Gigabyte EX58 UD5 with an i7 920, i just put the "ATI_init.kext" in the extra folder and i have all resolutions directly. Only thing missing is the AE/IC compatibility...
If someone has an idea or a suggestion, please don't hesitate to post, i got used to my fanless card, since i don't play, i don't need to go back to the noisy N'vidia ;)
TIA

olav

olav

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Good news ! I don't know if you heard but Netkas released PC EFI 10.6 that makes the 4350 recognized by the system.
I have a Gigabyte EX58 UD5 with an i7 920, i just put the "ATI_init.kext" in the extra folder and i have all resolutions directly. Only thing missing is the AE/IC compatibility...
If someone has an idea or a suggestion, please don't hesitate to post, i got used to my fanless card, since i don't play, i don't need to go back to the noisy N'vidia :blink:
TIA

Are you using VGA or DVI, does HDMI work?

BillyGuy

BillyGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Do you think QE/CI could be recognized in VGA and not in DVI ??

i used DVI Only, i don't have an hdmi monitor.
I'll try vga.

olav

olav

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I think it could be that this card currently only works with DVI, I've not seen anyone to confirm that VGA works. So if you have a VGA monitor and could test it would be great :(

BillyGuy

BillyGuy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Black screen on VGA...

So nobody has an idea to get the QE/CI on this card ?
I may try with DSDT.aml, but i have no experience with it. I found almost all the infos i need, so i may edit the file.
What do you think ? Any advice or suggestion about this ?
TIA :D

macfan888

macfan888

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
I can have it running via DVI perfectly, in Snow leopard 10.6.2, but not via HDMI or VGA.

Any possibility to run 2 monitor with HD4360 and the onboard VGA?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy