ATI Moblity Radeon HD 3650 on iDeneb 1.3

Sign_90

453 posts in this topic

I've installed iPc 10.5.6. And about editing, first find dev id 9591 and change it to yours, don't change any strings to hd2600, then a bit lower you'll find string HD3600, edit there your framebuffer, for 3600 it's Mega..., ATY,Mega... (it should be 4 or maybe 5 strings, don't remember) and two strings are ATY,Mega...Parent or smth like that, change to your framebuffer (don't remember what's yours, mine for 2400 is Iago, so I have to change value to ATY,Iago and ATY,IagoParent

ok i ll try although i didnt get 100% what u told me. does this work for you? i have kalyway 10.5.2 i am waiting for combo update download to complete

edit: i cant find which framebuffer to use....there is nothing for hd2600. only hd2600pro / XT .will this be a problem? 1)ATY_Hypoprion : RV630, HD2600Pro

Used on iMac

head 1 : LVDS

head 2 : DVI+VGA

2)ATY_Lamna : RV630, HD2600XT

Used on mac pro

head 1 : DVI+VGA

head 2 : DVI+VGA

uhm okay , i must admit , i really dont recall the exact steps i took to get this working , mainly because i was trying a whole lot of graphic drivers at this time...

but heres what i recall doing:

i deleted all the ati kexts i had.

then i first tried the trial 1 package from fujilives.

but instead of this included pkg file i installed the specific 3650 (non mobility) pkg from lastexile.

this didnt work as planned so i booted with -x and installed the trial 2 kexts from fujilives.

and when i rebooted again it simply worked.

i'm in contact with lastexile about this, so hopefully it might soon work for all of you.

oook i 've lost it...some questions: do i have to change RV635 to RV630 ??? second : later theres a string "Test3600" do i change anything there? there are 2 Parent...change both? anyway waiting for ur help. i am going to use hd2600pro since it has LVDS while 2600xt has DVI+VGA only

don't know about RV635, I don't think it makes any difference, but try. No, there's no point changing anything in test

ok....for another time: does this work for you? do u have picture in internal display with hardware accelaration? also, do you think i could use the hd2400 framebuffers? :-D. thanks!