• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
yeah, tried several framebuffers, tried changing display type in natit. connecting external on dvi gives me internal display, unfortunately without backlight and with external display's edid. And I don't remember entry in natit, which overrides EDID.

TSi_Eos

TSi_Eos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Instruction from readme of Trial1 : "Install 10.5x Installer included - but don't let it restart until you do the following :

When you reach the "press ok to restart" part of the installer, dont click it, instead open up Kext-Helper and use it to install ATIRadeonX2000.kext and ATIRNDRV (I modified to include the ID of radeon mobility 3650)

Close Kext-Helper when done, and open Disk-Utilities - Repair permissions." have you tried to mod ATIRadeonX2000.kext and ATIRNDRV ???

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
ATIRadeonX2000 already includes my dev id, that kext gives qe/ci. ATIRNDRV is framebuffer kext, there's no dev ids, you set framebuffer in natit.

TSi_Eos

TSi_Eos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
i ll try as soon as i make backups and have finished downloading combo update. where is YannickD? we do need his help....Aidass have u updated to 10.5.6? also can u tell me how to edit natit for use with mob hd2600? i dont ask which program but which strings to add. will it work if ,in natit, i make search and replace 3650 with 2600?

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I've installed iPc 10.5.6. And about editing, first find dev id 9591 and change it to yours, don't change any strings to hd2600, then a bit lower you'll find string HD3600, edit there your framebuffer, for 3600 it's Mega..., ATY,Mega... (it should be 4 or maybe 5 strings, don't remember) and two strings are ATY,Mega...Parent or smth like that, change to your framebuffer (don't remember what's yours, mine for 2400 is Iago, so I have to change value to ATY,Iago and ATY,IagoParent

TSi_Eos

TSi_Eos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

I've installed iPc 10.5.6. And about editing, first find dev id 9591 and change it to yours, don't change any strings to hd2600, then a bit lower you'll find string HD3600, edit there your framebuffer, for 3600 it's Mega..., ATY,Mega... (it should be 4 or maybe 5 strings, don't remember) and two strings are ATY,Mega...Parent or smth like that, change to your framebuffer (don't remember what's yours, mine for 2400 is Iago, so I have to change value to ATY,Iago and ATY,IagoParent

ok i ll try although i didnt get 100% what u told me. does this work for you? i have kalyway 10.5.2 i am waiting for combo update download to complete

edit: i cant find which framebuffer to use....there is nothing for hd2600. only hd2600pro / XT .will this be a problem? 1)ATY_Hypoprion : RV630, HD2600Pro
Used on iMac
head 1 : LVDS
head 2 : DVI+VGA

2)ATY_Lamna : RV630, HD2600XT
Used on mac pro
head 1 : DVI+VGA
head 2 : DVI+VGA

YannickD

YannickD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
uhm okay , i must admit , i really dont recall the exact steps i took to get this working , mainly because i was trying a whole lot of graphic drivers at this time...

but heres what i recall doing:

i deleted all the ati kexts i had.

then i first tried the trial 1 package from fujilives.

but instead of this included pkg file i installed the specific 3650 (non mobility) pkg from lastexile.

this didnt work as planned so i booted with -x and installed the trial 2 kexts from fujilives.

and when i rebooted again it simply worked.

i'm in contact with lastexile about this, so hopefully it might soon work for all of you.

TSi_Eos

TSi_Eos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
oook i 've lost it...some questions: do i have to change RV635 to RV630 ??? second : later theres a string "Test3600" do i change anything there? there are 2 Parent...change both? anyway waiting for ur help. i am going to use hd2600pro since it has LVDS while 2600xt has DVI+VGA only

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
test3600 and hd3600 is same 3600 just different framebuffers, take a look. test has Triakis

TSi_Eos

TSi_Eos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
do i have to change "RV635"?so do i have to change test too? did this procedure work for you?

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
don't know about RV635, I don't think it makes any difference, but try. No, there's no point changing anything in test

TSi_Eos

TSi_Eos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

don't know about RV635, I don't think it makes any difference, but try. No, there's no point changing anything in test

ok....for another time: does this work for you? do u have picture in internal display with hardware accelaration? also, do you think i could use the hd2400 framebuffers? :-D. thanks!

Aidass

Aidass

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
no, it doesn't work for me ;D just give a try, you won't harm anything, you're free to try

macoff

macoff

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
Hi YannickD, can you make a IORegister of your laptop, to see info please.

Saludos, MacOff

YannickD

YannickD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
is there any possibility to do ioregister without having to download xcode?

because if i have to download xcode this might take a little until tomorrow , my internet is slow!

macoff

macoff

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

is there any possibility to do ioregister without having to download xcode?

because if i have to download xcode this might take a little until tomorrow , my internet is slow!

Hi its here: IORegister

MacOff

lastExile

lastExile

lastExile��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:netadmin of osx86.hu irc network for the past few years
Well here is another picture

Posted Image

We still need to figure out some things and we need testers....

Takinarios :)

Takinarios :)

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Testers for Mobility HD 3650 or to any Mobility HD? I have Mobility HD 3200, if you need it for tests, just tell me =]

humas

humas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted Image

Please make some packages to test. It will be more easy and fast to solve the problems.

TSi_Eos

TSi_Eos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted Image

I can be one of your testers. i have ati mobility hd2600. do you think it will work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy