436 replies to this topic

Amet

Amet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
well done keithpk,
Its working on my compaq evo 800c but only after I take the battery out and put it back in.Only then the battery indicator starts working and it works fine until I restart the system....
System profiler shows me that there is no battery instaled but your power bundle is calculating the remaining time just fine.....strange isnt it?

If you get the chance let me know what you think
thanks for all your hard work

System Power Settings:

AC Power:
System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10
Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10
Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10
Wake On LAN: Yes
Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes
Battery Power:
System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10
Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10
Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 2
Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes
Reduce Brightness: Yes

Battery Information:

Battery Installed: No
First low level warning: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 1713
Remaining Capacity (mAh): 1713
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 16464

AC Charger Information:

AC Charger (Watts): 0
Connected: No
Charging: No

Hardware Configuration:

UPS Installed: No

wishbone

wishbone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
same as above on a HP nc6000, before I used a 10.4.3 and with your patch (old) it works great ,but as I installed a new 10.4.5 and try to patch with this new one and it can't find the battery.Still can show icon on the menu bar ,but just with a cross in it .

keithpk

keithpk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Battery Installed: No
First low level warning: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 1713
Remaining Capacity (mAh): 1713
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 16464

AC Charger Information:

AC Charger (Watts): 0
Connected: No
Charging: No

Good question , Amet. I didn't know what to make of this at first, either when I saw it in profiler. However, after a while I realized that although the kernel level has support for multipler batteries, very little of the GUI has ever been coded to asume that there will be more than one battery, because Apple no longer makes computers with dual batteries in them. Therefore, what is essentially happening here is that profiler is chosing the first battery it finds, which happens to be the one not present. I haven't quite figured out why it says "Not Installed" but at the same time reports teh "Full Charge Capacity" of the other battery. I know that there are multiple locations where it can pull this information from, so all I can figure is it is getting it from two different sources, one that says the battery isn't present and the other that gives it a full charge.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
The same old result - I see battery icon in system tray with some % - and it says calculating time. The icon doesn't change even when I unlug power or replug it. I'm using LG LS 50a notebook - Pentium M 1.8MHz

rogabean

rogabean

My Mac wants you!

• Retired Developers
  • 863 posts
working as expected on my laptop. :D

stocke

stocke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Bug??? (OS X 10.4.5, Dell C840, Maxxuss Patch to 10.4.5)

In the Option Energy Saver:

Optimization: Custom

the computer sleep is set to: 45min
the display sleep is set to: 36min

if one changes the times and closes and open the System Preferences,
then again the same times:

the computer sleep is set to: 45min
the display sleep is set to: 36min

the changes of time are not store!

Can that confirm any?
Can any help me?

mark7714

mark7714

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Can that confirm any?
Can any help me?

Works for me (I usually have mine around 1- 3 minutes). There are work arounds if you want to use apple script (or the console), but I'm sure you're looking for a working pannel.

dhruv

dhruv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hey Keith-O, thanks for the release. Still having the problem where my Compaq V2402AU freezes if I (dis)connect the power cord. Do you know why this is caused? Help is greatly appreciated.

devils-haven

devils-haven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
yehh this works for me too to an extent

on my dell inspiron 1100 with os x 10.4.5

the sleep and display sleep don't shut off the lcd screen and i don't thnk it actualy goes to sleep

also the monitor won't shut off when i close the lid, any way to fix that?

Amet

Amet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Keith,

I just spent last three days trying to replace drivers(Kexts) in 10.4.6 with the ones from 10.4.1 cos in 10.4.1 i had the battery working and with no sucess, the battery meter only works after I pull the battery out and put it back in....Any ideas what can be done please...anything at all? I know that the laptop is capable of that since it was working....

Thanks

Akira

Akira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've spent the better part of the last two days on this forum trying to find references to the Apple DVD Player playback issue, but it almost seems like no one is aware of the fact that this modified PowerManagement Bundle causes Apple's DVD Player applet to slow down to a crawl making the system nearly unresponsive even to Force Quit.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I've tried this on Dell's Inspiron 8600 and HP's Compaq NC6000 laptops. The symptom occurs the moment I install the modified bundle and is corrected when I restore the original bundle.

On the side note, I'm also experiencing the "no battery installed" issue on the HP Compaq NC6000 laptop and yes, the battery removal trick seems to fix the recognition problem, but only for the current session.

For reference the Dell is running 10.4.5 from the pre-patched 10.4.4/10.4.5 iMac Restore DVD and the HP is running 10.4.6 also from the pre-patched 10.4.4/10.4.5 iMac Restore DVD and Myzar's 10.4.6 V3 update patch.

Bruce Wang

Bruce Wang

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

yehh this works for me too to an extent

on my dell inspiron 1100 with os x 10.4.5

the sleep and display sleep don't shut off the lcd screen and i don't thnk it actualy goes to sleep

also the monitor won't shut off when i close the lid, any way to fix that?

If you use ATI Radeon Mobility graphics chip, to shut off the LCD screen, you can try RadeonTool:
http://s44.yousendit...0P0DVBYL2BE66K4
It works on my Radeon M 7500.
The original post is here:
http://forum.osx86pr...showtopic=14724 Post #12 by JaS.

Bruce

devils-haven

devils-haven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
dell inspiron 1100 only comes with intel extreme grahpics 845g sadly for me.

any oter way?

Xenokira

Xenokira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Awesome thanks! I'm going to give this a shot here in the next few minutes :blink:

update:
works as expected in Dell Inspiron 6000

mark7714

mark7714

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

I've spent the better part of the last two days on this forum trying to find references to the Apple DVD Player playback issue, but it almost seems like no one is aware of the fact that this modified PowerManagement Bundle causes Apple's DVD Player applet to slow down to a crawl making the system nearly unresponsive even to Force Quit.

Has anyone else noticed this?

People have commented on the DVD issue a couple of times. That specific issue (slowing down) is different than what (I think) most of us have (black screen with audio). The only solution so far is to use VLC or Mplayer, which isn't really a solution, but better than not having the battery monitor.

JJJJJ

JJJJJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
I've found (may be) a minor bug. It does'nt work "Put Incon on the taskbar..."

Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Good news and bad news. This hack got my battery indicator to get the percentage (though it still continues to not be able to calculate its life), bad news is, my laptop still suffers from locking up when it is plugged in or unplugged, though it seems to be more intermittent now (it seems to work properly when removing or adding the power when putting the computer to sleep first).

codeattack

codeattack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Unless there is something else I need to do other than getting this PowerManagement bundle into the SystemConfiguration directory and rebooting, I haven't been able to get this to work. I see no battery icon and my laptop behaves in whatever mode it booted in i.e. if the AC power was plugged in on boot it will operate at full speed and if it is not plugged in it will operate at much lower speed. I have a Dell 710M running an Intel Pentium-M 755. Any ideas why this is not working?

Thanks,
codeattack :o

codeattack

codeattack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Here is my output from ioreg attached as a textfile.

Thanks,
codeattack :D

Attached Files

yehweh

yehweh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Works on xps m140 will let you guys know how well after test driving it for a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy