PowerManagement (with ACPI Support) Software Release

keithpk

437 posts in this topic

Bug??? (OS X 10.4.5, Dell C840, Maxxuss Patch to 10.4.5)

In the Option Energy Saver:

Optimization: Custom

the computer sleep is set to: 45min

the display sleep is set to: 36min

if one changes the times and closes and open the System Preferences,

then again the same times:

the computer sleep is set to: 45min

the display sleep is set to: 36min

the changes of time are not store!

Can that confirm any?

Can any help me?

yehh this works for me too to an extent

on my dell inspiron 1100 with os x 10.4.5

the sleep and display sleep don't shut off the lcd screen and i don't thnk it actualy goes to sleep

also the monitor won't shut off when i close the lid, any way to fix that?

Keith,

I just spent last three days trying to replace drivers(Kexts) in 10.4.6 with the ones from 10.4.1 cos in 10.4.1 i had the battery working and with no sucess, the battery meter only works after I pull the battery out and put it back in....Any ideas what can be done please...anything at all? I know that the laptop is capable of that since it was working....

Thanks

I've spent the better part of the last two days on this forum trying to find references to the Apple DVD Player playback issue, but it almost seems like no one is aware of the fact that this modified PowerManagement Bundle causes Apple's DVD Player applet to slow down to a crawl making the system nearly unresponsive even to Force Quit.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I've tried this on Dell's Inspiron 8600 and HP's Compaq NC6000 laptops. The symptom occurs the moment I install the modified bundle and is corrected when I restore the original bundle.

On the side note, I'm also experiencing the "no battery installed" issue on the HP Compaq NC6000 laptop and yes, the battery removal trick seems to fix the recognition problem, but only for the current session.

For reference the Dell is running 10.4.5 from the pre-patched 10.4.4/10.4.5 iMac Restore DVD and the HP is running 10.4.6 also from the pre-patched 10.4.4/10.4.5 iMac Restore DVD and Myzar's 10.4.6 V3 update patch.

yehh this works for me too to an extent

on my dell inspiron 1100 with os x 10.4.5

the sleep and display sleep don't shut off the lcd screen and i don't thnk it actualy goes to sleep

also the monitor won't shut off when i close the lid, any way to fix that?

If you use ATI Radeon Mobility graphics chip, to shut off the LCD screen, you can try RadeonTool:

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1S4FZKO...0P0DVBYL2BE66K4

It works on my Radeon M 7500.

The original post is here:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=14724 Post #12 by JaS.

Bruce

I've spent the better part of the last two days on this forum trying to find references to the Apple DVD Player playback issue, but it almost seems like no one is aware of the fact that this modified PowerManagement Bundle causes Apple's DVD Player applet to slow down to a crawl making the system nearly unresponsive even to Force Quit.

Has anyone else noticed this?

People have commented on the DVD issue a couple of times. That specific issue (slowing down) is different than what (I think) most of us have (black screen with audio). The only solution so far is to use VLC or Mplayer, which isn't really a solution, but better than not having the battery monitor.

Good news and bad news. This hack got my battery indicator to get the percentage (though it still continues to not be able to calculate its life), bad news is, my laptop still suffers from locking up when it is plugged in or unplugged, though it seems to be more intermittent now (it seems to work properly when removing or adding the power when putting the computer to sleep first).

Unless there is something else I need to do other than getting this PowerManagement bundle into the SystemConfiguration directory and rebooting, I haven't been able to get this to work. I see no battery icon and my laptop behaves in whatever mode it booted in i.e. if the AC power was plugged in on boot it will operate at full speed and if it is not plugged in it will operate at much lower speed. I have a Dell 710M running an Intel Pentium-M 755. Any ideas why this is not working?

Thanks,

codeattack :o

Great job! It works flawlessly with my Compaq V2000.

:blink:

My parents just bought a mac, and they're taking classes at the apple store on the weekends. My dad told the guy about me being able to run osx on my intel laptop without any hitches. The appleman, of course, denied that it was possible.

Looks like im going in with my dad on the next day I have off to do a little showing off. :blink:

hi i have installed the powermanagement bundle on my dell inspiron 1100 and it works somewhat sometimes it gives me battery reading sometimes it doesn't it also doen't allow sleep an advice would be great

Hey Keith-O, thanks for the release. Still having the problem where my Compaq V2402AU freezes if I (dis)connect the power cord. Do you know why this is caused? Help is greatly appreciated.

I use a HP Pavilion ze2000, have exactly the same problems as you have.

Compaq Presario V2402AU - OSx86 10.4.5: Mine is HP Pavilion ze2000

AMD Turion64 SSE3 ML-32 1.8Ghz (no PowerNow! throttling) AMD Turion64 SSE3 1.6Ghz (no PowerNow! too)

512 MB RAM - same

60 GB 4200 RPM Toshiba HDD - 80GB 4200 RPM HDD

14" WXGA BrightView Display (stretched widescreen)- 15''4' BrightView display

Keyboard + Touchpad (no touchpad scrolling; FN keys freeze system) -same

128 MB ATI Radeon Xpress 200M DevID:5955 (no hardware acceleration; no res switching) - same

AC97 Soundcard w/ 56k SoftModem (no sound; modem not recognised) -same

Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN Card -same

8x Pioneer Dual-Layer DVD-RW - 16x DL DVD+-RW

Standard 6-Cell Battery (no sleep support; freezes when connecting power cable; extremely high power consumption) - same

so... 3 problems : 1st - power cable; 2nd - SOUND!!; 3rd - FN Keys

i can live with about every other problem there is, execpt those 3

Please try to fix the power cable bug ASAP, Thank you

The bundle works perfectly on my old gericom/complal/toshiba/... ACL10, but does not on my Acer 1692 wlmi.

ther, it only shows an empty battery icon and keeps calculating. It does not detect wether the power cord is plugged or not. Oh, and I've lost the processor speed setting from the control panel I had in 10.4.3.

Tried the management fix, but get...the operation cannot be complete because i dont have sufficient privilages for power management bundle,after authenticating..Anyone can help with this. My password was correct, so dont know why.

Never mind peeps, got it working after repairing permissions on the disk.

Never mind peeps, got it working after repairing permissions on the disk.

Thanks to Keithpk, and all who worked on this