• Please log in to reply
456 replies to this topic

SharkyNL

SharkyNL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I want to get my EDID working for mine LCD panel (Samsung SyncMaster 2032MW) with GeForce 9500 GT 512MB. Now I only have VGA output for mine GeForce 9500 GT. If I use DVI I only get a black screen. Somebody told me it has something to do with my EDID of mine LCD panel. The EDID of my LCD panel is:

00FFFFFF FFFFFF00 4C2DFE02 30324D50 22110103 802B1B78 2A9341A3 554A9827 155054BF EF80B300 81808140 714F0101 01010101 01012139 9030621A 274068B0 3600B10F 1100001C 000000FD 00384B1E 510F000A 20202020 20200000 00FC0053 796E634D 61737465 720A2020 000000FF 00485332 50383033 3935320A 20200006

I added as an attachment the information of my monitor and videocard.

I hope someone can help me to make a DisplayProductID-XXX.plist (you can change information with PlistEdit Pro) to put in System/Library/Displays/Overrides.

There should be a simple program called "np_'s Display Utility" what should make this profile for my monitor so DVI would work (see this topic: http://forum.osx86sc...php?f=71&t=1482 ). But I can't find this program.

I hope someboy can help me to get np_'s display utility (if I search for it I can't find it) or a way to use my EDID of my LCD panel to get DVI working.

Attached Files

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Did you try booting for example with: [code=auto:0] "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60" [code=auto:0] with DVI directely connected?

You enter the command between [code=auto:0] in chamaleon when booting menu is prompted, is the same place you give -v -f -x etc

the happy prince

the happy prince

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hi. Tried solution 1 but still no CI/QE support on my nVidia 8400 GS 256mb.

I'm on a 17" Compaq VGA monitor.

Really need to get CI/QE support. Any other suggestions?

Have already tried with EFI Studio, OSX86Tools & Universal OSx86 Installer - have attached a picture of the graphics card specs from the System Profiler.

Thanx

Attached Files

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
I don't know which is the NVDANVx0.kext in use by your 8400GS. You can try editing Info.plist of others NVDANV40.kext and NVDANV30.kext. Obviously at this point you would need original kext driver from 10.5.6 update.

madcandleman

madcandleman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm not sure why all this is necessary.

The 9500GT is nothing but a rebranded 8600GT. I used EFIStudio, told it my GPU was an 8600GT and everything came up working like a champ. QE/CI works dandy (enabled with OSX86Tools). It recognized my Dell 2405FPW display, all the graphics modes work, etc.

jrhende

jrhende

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I'm not sure why all this is necessary.

The 9500GT is nothing but a rebranded 8600GT. I used EFIStudio, told it my GPU was an 8600GT and everything came up working like a champ. QE/CI works dandy (enabled with OSX86Tools). It recognized my Dell 2405FPW display, all the graphics modes work, etc.

He was right. It works for me sucessfully full QE. I use a Zotac 512MB DDR2 9500 GT.

Also, Gigabyte EX58 Extreme w/ I7 920. Must use maxmem=3500 to work reliably.

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
9500gt and 8600gt are not the same, seems to be similar, but core gpu is different, and that's enough, read this:
http://www.techpower...IA_8600_GT.html G84
http://my.ocworkbenc...ad.php?p=434338 G96
Mmh maybe it's right, even if the card in about my mac is wrong.

I'd like to point another thing, it would be nice understanding how can I see driver working in "OpenGL Driver Monitor" app, I can see a GeForce8xxxGLDriver enabled but I've got no feedback on graph and table.

MacSharky

MacSharky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Dear all:

following the instructions in post no 1, everything went fine so far, except for the step where you "Apply changes to com.appl.Boot.plist" in OSx86tools. Whenever I click on that button, I receive "No such file or directory" as a response. Indeed, I cannot find a com.appl.Boot.plist in finder. My guess would be that I need to install some kind of boot loader like chameloen in order to have a com.appl.Boot.plist. Is that correct? Or do you have any other hint why this step won't work?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Yes you need chamaleon bootloader, try to search on google for chamaleon you'll find it easily (forums doesn't allow the link publication of this wsite) ;)

bastardizer

bastardizer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Someone PLEASE explain to me how the heck I'm supposed to ctreate a bootable cd with nvfllash and NERO

I selected bootCD but what files are needed on the CD?
I can in no way get the motherboard to boot from a usb key! I need to make a cd but I dont understand how...

Frustrated as I spent some 5 hrs trying to figure this out....

BLEH!

marionez

marionez

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
I think you should boot your USB key inserting this before reboot, then enter BIOS settings, go in the BIOS boot menu, and choose a right boot order, placing in first position your USB key.

NVCAP code wasn't a difficult stuff for me, but if you can't figure out, you should try with madcandleman procedure.
Forget NVCAP code, when you follow the post #1 guide, instead of setting a custom graphic card, you set a 8600gt with your right memory size, and it would start.

I'm not sure what does it change... I made an xbench with efi set to 8600gt and seems to be lower then in 9500gt, but xbench is not reliable, so you should try this.

bastardizer

bastardizer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Thanks but unfortunately no go for me...

But Why I wonder... WHY is nothing changing?

I tried using the 8600gt in both efi studio and osx tools rebooting with -f no change, still just the default resolution and no way to change it in the displays page.

Ive run repair permissions etc from osx tools as well just to make sure.

Now I'll have to figure out how to open the efi bootlist file to see if it has or hasnot changed...
Anyone know how to edit the file from the terminal, yes i can search for it but getting it directly is faster...

UPDATE:
OK I mounted the efi and opened the com.apple.boot.plist file
It just contained the basic info about busratio etc, no grfx info.

I thought, what the heck I'll just add it from osx tools manually.
But when trying to change it says that I dont have the privilidges to do so...
This might be the issue all along right?

Any other suggestions than re format the efi partition and starting fresh again.

Any way to mount the efi partition in osx so that I can change the rights there?
Or can I set rights in the terminal?

UPDATE 2:
The one who dare dies...
And so I did...

I changed the default com.apple.boot.plist file in the install efi folder. Not to bright eh?
Now I cant boot anymore, or rather I cant see anything...

Back to bootup kalyway and delete the efi partition again...

bastardizer

bastardizer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Still at square one... BUGGER!

reformatted the EFI partition with OSXTOOLS verified it was empty in terminal, rebooted w boot cd
installed EFI Boot installer v3.1 again (I might be able to use chamelion eventually but as this is the recommended way for my x58 motherboard I'll try and stick with it a little further.

Any more good ideas while I keep talking to myself in here?

bastardizer

bastardizer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
FINAL POST for now...

YAY!!!:)

Multi res working

I used a 8600 hex from osxtools and copied the com.apple.boot.plist file to another volume where I could edit it, removed the original file in the EFI partition and copied the edited version back to the EFI partition.

Now it all seems to work (at least at first boot...)

I'll leave it here until I figure out if it's worth making a "proper 9500GT" efi string

svencux

svencux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
hello everyone,

just wanted to say thanks. Finally I got my gainward 9500 GT / 1G working (everything with full hardware support)
I had the same id as marionez and since i could not figure out how to obtain the NVCAP string i used his and finally all ist working just great.

So thanks to all who made this working

Labiri

Labiri

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

hello everyone,

just wanted to say thanks. Finally I got my gainward 9500 GT / 1G working (everything with full hardware support)
I had the same id as marionez and since i could not figure out how to obtain the NVCAP string i used his and finally all ist working just great.

So thanks to all who made this working

Sorry man, I have the same card but can't succeed to got it working.
Can I ask you what you exactly did and wich distro are you using?
Thanks a lot :P

SharkyNL

SharkyNL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Sorry man, I have the same card but can't succeed to got it working.
Can I ask you what you exactly did and wich distro are you using?
Thanks a lot ;)

Labiri, I have the best results with iPC OSx86 10.5.6, you have to do this:

First you have to do:
- Remove from /System/Library/Extension every nvidia injector you could have installed, if you've never installed one you're clean and ready to go.
- Put OSX86Tools to your desktop.

How to get QE/CI enabled on XFX GeForce 9500 GT, let's start:
- Install Nvidia 2009 modded drivers for 9500 GT with kexthelper (install kexts from Archive.zip, see the first page), do not reboot

- Clean everything with OSX86Tools check all the options on main panel and run permission repair and clear extension kext

- Again on OSX86Tools 

- Click on the button add efi string

- Click on gfx strings

- Choose custom geforce (you need to scroll the list is the last one)

- Enter your video card name "nVidia GeForce 9500 GT"
- Enter your video card memory size "1024MB (1GB)"
- NOW choosing your display configuration, choose custom
- Enter NVCAP: "0400000000000300040000000000000700000000"
- Import String to Boot Editor
- Write com.apple.Boot.plist
- Reboot with -x -v -f
- Shutdown and boot

- You can enable even Quartz GL from the main panel of OSX86Tools Enable/Disable Quartz GL

DiaboliK

DiaboliK

DiaboliK <- Capital K!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
:rolleyes:

-D-

SharkyNL

SharkyNL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I have a problem, I got everything working (XFX GeForce 9500 GT 512MB) but If i go to sleep and go
back to my desktop then my mouse don't respond after a couple of seconds. Only if I restart my computer
then the problem is gone. My question is if you guys have the same problem with the GeForce 9500 GT? Or am I the only one with this problem?

I hope you guys can give me an answer.

SharkyNL

SharkyNL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Hello everyone!

If you want to get your GeForce 9500 GT 512MB working then you can better go to this link:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=139775

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy