The NVIDIA 9500GT Thread

Mrx33

454 posts in this topic

Hello.

I have a Asus 9500GT 512Mo, with HDMI/DVI/VGA

I don't understand this :

2 - INSTALL NVIDIA 9000 SERIES

where do i get NVIDIA 9000 ?

And, do i need my device ID ? where can i found it to share with my model ?

regards

How to mod your NVIDIA Graphics Card model name: (for NVinstaller users)

1. On your boot drive, navigate to System>Library>Extensions

2. Copy NVinject.kext to your desktop (you may want to make an additional copy in another folder for backup)

3. Right-click on NVinject.kext to Show Package Contents, then click on the Contents folder and open Info.plist with TextEdit

4. Scroll down until you find the line "<string>Graphics by NVIDIA</string>" and change to your make and model (for example <string>NVIDIA nVidia GeForce 9500 GT</string>) and then save the file

5. Use http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Software.html to install the modified NVinject.kext (do NOT drag and drop the NVinject.kext file into the Extensions folder - use Kext Helper!!)

6. Reboot

AFAIK this is for cosmetic purposes only (it changes the System Profiler entry from "Graphics by NVIDIA" to whatever you type in). Your video card will now show the proper name in System Profiler.

I'm just about to order a 1GB DDR2 9500GT, so I might test this when it arrives and post back my results. I'm buying it purely for games on my Windoze install, because I already have QE/CI, all resolutions, rotation etc. on my GMA950 (Motherboard Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L, installed iATKOS 5i with defaults plus OHR, then Software Update to 10.5.6, using graphics patch from this post (v4)). If I can't get the NVIDIA card working on OSX then I'll make do with GMA950 :P

I'm just about to order a 1GB DDR2 9500GT, so I might test this when it arrives and post back my results. I'm buying it purely for games on my Windoze install, because I already have QE/CI, all resolutions, rotation etc. on my GMA950 (Motherboard Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L, installed iATKOS 5i with defaults plus OHR, then Software Update to 10.5.6, using graphics patch from this post (v4)). If I can't get the NVIDIA card working on OSX then I'll make do with GMA950 :)

Mines working sweet now and is connected to my 37" lcd tv using a dvi to hdmi converter and tft monitor via vga.

The hdmi port doesn't work and you get a blue screen but no big deal really.

It's a gainward 9500gt 1gb with hdmi/vga/dvi outputs and all you need to do is install the 1024mb kext a couple of pages back and enable the qe/ci in osx tools.

it shows up as just an nvidia card in profiler but i can live with that.

Apart from hdmi everything works. :(

I was going to get a Gigabyte one to match my motherboard, but they were out of stock at the time and I'm impatient :P

So yeah, this is what I got instead: ASUS 9500GT

Was sent yesterday, so should have it tomorrow though it's not due to arrive until Tuesday, and I could even get it later today! Free delivery too :)

For some reason, this is showing 100 posts per page, so once I've worked out how to change it back to the default I'll go and look for that kext you mentioned... And how do you "turn on" QE/CI? With GMA950 it was either enabled or not... Unless the 1GB kext comes with some app?

Edit: Forgot to ask, I read in some earlier posts about people with heat problems... Has this affected you? If it's likely to roast my brand spankin new video card before I have chance to use it then I think I'll stick with GMA950 lol

Second edit: Never mind about the QE/CI thing, just found the OSx86 tool :)

/* Problem Straight line in middle of the screen */

Hi,

My Graphics card is XFX Geforce 9500GT 512MB DDR2 , Model No. PV-T95G-YAL3 , Dual Link DVI-I + VGA + TV OUT (7 Pin Socket). I am using OSX86 Tools for EFi string. In System Profiler i am getting this info :-

NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0640

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1600 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

My GFX card is attached Using VGA cable with Samsung Sync Master 2033sw Monitor.

My main problem is --->

Whenever i do some graphics related work, for example Design something in Google Sketch up 7, i get a straight line in middle of the display and divide the screen slightly into two pieces. However this problem do not occur when i use Vista to run Google sketch up 7.

Im uploading the EFI String and a Image showing the problem.

EFI String XFX_9500GT_EFI_String.txt

Image with problem, note the edges of this box.

post-156243-1240149954_thumb.png

(this picture is not a screen capture image, i have made this red box with this type of edges just to show u what i get when i try to rotate or move the object ....)

PLEASE help.......

EDIT 1

* i read it somewhere that this problem is due to " VSYNC " but i don't know how to fix this ....

PLEASE HELP.......

Thanks Mrx33. This currently work for me!

Your method is really simple, even if install a lot of kexts with NVIDIA 9000 series (maybe not all are required...)

and make my 9500GT works with VGA connector. (I simply didn't try ther port, I don't have DVI monitor for now).

There's only some problem when switching resolution, blue screen, then put in sleep mode, when wake up everything seems fine.

Quite good.

Thanks again to all the people trying this.

Endo

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

I want to buy a video card, but i dont know if it works on 10.5.6.

yesterday i see video cards :

9500gt gigabyte 1024mb

9800gt gigabyte ddr3 1024mb

8400gs xfx

9400gt gigabyte and asus 1024mb (1gb)

is there a problem with brands?

is there a problem if it's 1gb, 512mb or 256mb video card's?

sorry my english is not good.

help me, please... i dont know wich video card could works on 10.5.6..

thanks

I have exactly the same problem. Some people said that it was a EDID problem with my

LCD monitor. Instead of connecting with dvi I use VGA or a DVItovga converter and everything

is working alright. Try this!

I have the same problem too, black screen

I tried DVI Adapter and different Display - same result

my card is XFX 9500 GT 512 MB Low Profile with DDR2 Ram

Following marionez instructions i got my Asus En9500gt Magic (VGA / HDMI / DVI Out) Working fine.

I have one problem left though, i dont know what it exactly is but something doesnt seem to be not completely right.

Problems with alpha channel / opacity:

1. When Quicksilver starts, it shows the "QS" splash screen, on my MBP this is an opaque, silver logo with the letters "QS", it zooms out and then disappears. On my Hackintosh setup, the whole box is just a white square that zooms out.

Video Overlay Speed

2. Problems with Quicktime in Fullscreen: Fullscreen playback stutters, no matter if a HD movie or an SD movie, the framerate on my monitor is less then 25fps (PAL). I have a 24" HP LP2475w Flatscreen Monitor running in 1920x1200 resolution. Ok, the resolution is quite high but i guess the nVidia 9500 should be fast enough to play back fullscreen without performance problems, no?

VLC seems to play back things a little bit better but ocassionally also gets sluggish playback.

Lowering Screen resolution doesnt help as a workaround.

Is there a bug in the drivers or is there something known to fix this?

Ah btw: QE/CI is enabled and running.

Excuse my ignorance ( I am a relative newb to osx ) but am I missing something with not installing using this method??? I installed ideneb 10.5.6 with nvinject 0.2.1 then enabled QE/QI with osxtools and have had no problems, it's a PNY 9500GT btw.

gfxcopyk.jpg

Like I said im just curious as to what benefit there is with this method.

Hey I'm new here.

Can anyone tell me, step by step, in plain english (or dutch) what steps I should take?

I have 3 iso's:

- iAktos 10.5.1

- iDeneb 10.5.5

- iPC 10.5.6

I have an POV (Point of View) 9500GT 512MB and like to get it working.

My other hardware:

- Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L

-- Realtek ALC833 codec (doesnt work either on iPC)

-- RTL 8111C LAN (works fine)

-- ICH7 northbridge/chipset (SATA works fine!)

In iAktos 10.5.1 i've got it working, but it didnt play video's, so I reinstalled 10.5.6, but now I cant get the video working properly.

How do I get my NVCAP value? Maybe my english is getting worse or I misread the startpost of this topic?

Please let me know, I'm desperate to get osx working...

Excuse my ignorance ( I am a relative newb to osx ) but am I missing something with not installing using this method??? I installed ideneb 10.5.6 with nvinject 0.2.1 then enabled QE/QI with osxtools and have had no problems, it's a PNY 9500GT btw.

gfxcopyk.jpg

Like I said im just curious as to what benefit there is with this method.

Here's the difference on my own...

I did what you said, installed nvinject and rebooted, this is the result with NVinject:

post-303759-1241476459_thumb.jpg

So this is not accelerated.

This with EFI string:

post-303759-1241476465_thumb.jpg

@Scr33x0r you definetely need a good reading of first post.

I suggest you to work with a 10.5.6 version, you can install ideneb 10.5.5 then update it, or maybe use directely iPC with 10.5.6

Hello,

I've tried for a week without resorting to post a question here...

I have nVidia GeForce 9500 GT (1GB) manufactured by Gainward with CRT, DVI and HDMI outputs.

I've followed the steps posted here with OSX Leopard 10.5.6;

1.) installed the modified NVIDIA 9xxx drivers.

2.) got my NVCap from my rom file (Using "nVidia Bios Editor" and "NVCap Maker").

(listed as: 0400000000000300040000000000000700000000)

3.) used osxtools to make and add EFI String with my NVCap.

4.) restarted with "-x -f -v"

It's improved, now my vga monitor doesn't shut off when I plug in the HDMI cable into the card, but still NO HDMI output.

Is there something else I can do? I read someone's post elsewhere on the net saying that they got native HDMI-out working by "changing the NVCap Values"...

Can someone explain (or point me in the right direction of) what I can do to enable HDMI support for my card?

Thanks very much.

Hey I found my NVCAP:

For Point of View 9500 GT 512MB (dvi + vga):

But now when I click

Apply Changes to com.apple.Boot.plist it says:

/bin/sh: /Applications/OSx86: No such file or directory (127)

What should I do?

Edit: And now OSX86 doesnt boot anymore (black screen ?)

If you have a black screen try booting with -x then you can change video settings, drivers and reboot in normal mode.

That didnt work, so I reinstalled, and now have the same error when I apply changes to com.apple.boot.Plist:

AppleScript Error

/bin/sh: /Applications/OSx86: No such file or directory (127) is it because osx tools is in /applications/OSx86 Tools/ ?

Ill try to move osx86 tools..

Hello,

Here's a more detailed description.

I have Kalyway 10.5.2, iAtkos 10.5.2 and iAtkos 10.5.5.

I would like to not have to download another version if possible....

So, I put in the iAtkos disks, and none loaded. When I put in -v for 10.5.5, it flashed up with some text, then restarted my computer.

With 10.5.2 (iAtkos) I put in -v, and had no luck. I had the same problem I had with Kalyway, which is listed below.

With Kalyway 10.5.2, I put in the disk, and waited for it to load, and came to the conclusion that it was getting nowhere....

With -v, the last few lines were as follows:

Mac OS Version:

Not set yet

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE.I386

And nothing else appeared after that.

For -x, I got the following at the end:

Loading HFS+ file: (for ages, then the following appeared in a smaller text)

Extension "com.apple.driver.com.Apple PCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components: use only one style

So, I had no idea what to do.

Here are my specs:

System Model: MS-7528

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Video: nVidia GeForce 9500 GT (1GB)

Sound: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

What should I do?

Thanks very much.

PS: Im inexperienced at this so please dont use complicated terms. :)

See how far you get with the following switch at the initial boot prompt, cpus=1.

This finally got me into the OS X +5 versions on my dual core.