Retail DVD 10.5.6 install for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

lensboard

410 posts in this topic

I have put in to detail the install I have been working on and attached v1 for trials. I have followed it, used it and took screenshots of the build to help noobs, and have attached those as well. Let me know what you think and if you follow it, how you get on?

Many Thanks

:D

EDIT: ooops forgot this. You can add a SMBIOS.plist to Chameleon's /Extra folder so your mac can report it's hardware properly etc. Here's the one I am using, but you'll need to replace the SMSerial string with the one you currently see in System Profiler/Hardware at the bottom of the list.

Thanks for this, I am off on Tuesday, and will get this added to the main page. Not sure why I didnt get an email from the board about this.

You are a great help

Blackosx i update the OSx86 Wiky of 10.5.7 with a link to your post. When u write your guide put the new link there. Obvsiouly u can, no, you must :P update with more info the wiki line.

Thanks Z4g0r. Good thinking. You're a star!

I have read the info you submitted to the wiki and added some extra bits. Hopefully it makes sense for everyone else.

:pirate2:

Thanks Z4g0r. Good thinking. You're a star!

I have read the info you submitted to the wiki and added some extra bits. Hopefully it makes sense for everyone else.

:D

cool thanks, didnt get notified of this reply either... maybe check my spam settings on my email, sorry didnt get post from the other day directed at me.

From discussion between Lensboard and myself we have come to the decision to keep the board clean here and for me to start a new topic for my 10.5.7 vanilla retail install. You can find the new post here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=0#entry1192967

Thanks for all your work here Lensboard. The guide you put together was the catalyst for me to start with retail OS X.

:P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for putting together all this information guys.

I am just about to start building a hackintosh with the EP-45T-DS3LR, would the suggested installation methods work on a Raid0 setup, or will this only work with AHCI as far as you know?

Regards,

Will.

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm a newbe. This site is great and I hope you can help me.

1. Iatkos 5i

2. Pc chips sse3 capable mobo

3.775 CPU p4 ithink or a duo 2.2?

4. HD with IDE

more specs to follow

osx loads fine "installation successful"

but on restart it will not boot up. It goes in an endless cycle of power off then attempting to load the Darwin but the powers off again. Can you suggest some customized setup settings for me?