• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

kirimaru89

kirimaru89

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have install Kalyway 10.5.2 on my E6400 with NVinject for quadro 160, but when I click on menu, a white space appear
Can anyone help me :(
Posted Image

coolguy1

coolguy1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Guys,

What is the difference between this and OSX86 DVDs? Which one is more preferred for Dell Lat E6400 w/ nvidia 160M?

I am very new to this, is there any Step-by-step clear guide on installing OSX Leopard on Dell Lat E6400/E6500? TIA!!

Also how is the performance, is it close to actual Mac notebook?

phoenix3200

phoenix3200

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
If anyone has been having issues with getting the keyboard layout to work at the same time as the trackpad...

I merged the ApplePS2Controller.kext from iAtkos (which handles the keyboard correctly) with one earlier in the thread that handled the touchpad correctly, and now I have a proper keyboard layout + a working touchpad.

The kext earlier in the thread (along with some I've seen on other osx86 installs) is hardcoded to a ISO/European keyboard layout, while the kext on iAtkos uses the ANSI/U.S. keyboard layout (it might also be hardcoded...I'm not sure).

Has anyone managed to get sleep/wake or shutdown/restart working in 10.5.7 at the same time as the graphics card?

Attached Files

phoenix3200

phoenix3200

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I have sleep partially working under 10.5.7 - I can use Slice's IOUSBFamily.kext files to get my laptop to go to sleep, but it will not wake for me now. This method might also be promising (or it might manage to do the same thing as Slice's method), or it could be possible that NVEnabler.kext doesn't allow me to wake my computer back up.

Any ideas?

Edit: It looks like it's actually hibernating and not resuming after applying either Slice's kext or the equivalent DSDT patch. I also did a HPET patch, which allowed me to run AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext without using Disabler.kext, but I'm still not getting sleep - just non-resumable hibernation.

phoenix3200

phoenix3200

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Under 10.5.7, I've managed to get the sleep menu option to hibernate my computer - and wake up successfully:

-Place my modified DSDT.aml (from an E6500) in the root of your hard drive and make sure you're using a version of Chameleon that supports such. If you have an E6400, try using the IOUSBFamily.kext file mentioned above first.

-Use Natit 0.2, NOT NVEnabler. NVEnabler admits somewhere that it doesn't support the 140M, so it probably doesn't support our 160M either.

-Kill any AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement disablers OR install SleepEnabler.kext. If you're using IOUSBFamily.kext, don't kill the disabler - use SleepEnabler.kext.

Remaining issues on my laptop:

-LAN does not work on wake up. However, my Dell 1510 wireless does.

-Audio buttons do not affect the volume under VoodooHDA. The audio chipset seems to be an ALC889A (8086:293e), so perhaps I simply need the right driver.

-Shutdown/Restart do not work with injectors for the 160M. Perhaps we need to look at the source code to see why it won't let us shut down.

Attached Files

Doomi

Doomi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Hey Todd,
How did Snow Leopard work for you? I tried the GM and ran into a number of issues. With the kexts from earlier in this forum (The OP) this is my status :

Lan : Not Working
Video Card : Not Recognized (Standard 1024x768)
Wireless : Works out of the Box (dell mini-n)
Audio : Not Working
Sleep : Attempts to, never succeeds.
USB : Full Speed with a different USB kext i have.
Keyboard / Trackpad : Not working
Bluetooth : Not Working(never has in OSX, though.)

So, as you can see - my SL attempts ended in a pretty epic fail. I used the Chameleon RC2 BL with the SL boot file, and was able to get in fine.

FOR EVERYONE WHO CANNOT GET THEIR TRACKPAD WORKING WITHOUT DOCK

The ApplePS2Controller.kext must be installed in /Extras/Extensions/ per zPilot's post.

It cannot go in S/L/E!!

I think this has to do with /Extras being loaded first so it avoids a conflict. I have a docking station but now no longer have to dock and undock to get the trackpad working - this is huge for portable users. Also the touchstick (eraserhead) also works now!

I have two 10.5.8 installs currently, one cannot get CE/CI enabled but can reboot and shutdown without hard power off and the other is vice-versa. Neither can sleep. I'm getting so close, but will try Snow Leopard later today.

Time machine / netflix / final cut pro fix

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=176105

Doomi

Doomi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Are you using Chameleon RC2? If not, What?
(i thought with RC2 injectors were discouraged)

Under 10.5.7, I've managed to get the sleep menu option to hibernate my computer - and wake up successfully:

-Place my modified DSDT.aml (from an E6500) in the root of your hard drive and make sure you're using a version of Chameleon that supports such. If you have an E6400, try using the IOUSBFamily.kext file mentioned above first.

-Use Natit 0.2, NOT NVEnabler. NVEnabler admits somewhere that it doesn't support the 140M, so it probably doesn't support our 160M either.

-Kill any AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement disablers OR install SleepEnabler.kext. If you're using IOUSBFamily.kext, don't kill the disabler - use SleepEnabler.kext.

Remaining issues on my laptop:

-LAN does not work on wake up. However, my Dell 1510 wireless does.

-Audio buttons do not affect the volume under VoodooHDA. The audio chipset seems to be an ALC889A (8086:293e), so perhaps I simply need the right driver.

-Shutdown/Restart do not work with injectors for the 160M. Perhaps we need to look at the source code to see why it won't let us shut down.

phoenix3200

phoenix3200

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Are you using Chameleon RC2? If not, What?
(i thought with RC2 injectors were discouraged)

I am...but I'm not familiar with this issue. Why shouldn't we use injectors?

phoenix3200

phoenix3200

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Go here to get the audio kexts that allow volume control and that don't crackle.

Unrelated Edit: The computer is actually sleeping - but it is simultaneously preparing for "deep sleep": hibernation. My advice is that until we discover how to shut down/restart properly, disable deep sleep since it will want to shut down the computer.

Doomi

Doomi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Something about RC2 having the native ability to do something like EFI Strings. I couldn't get it to work using just RC2, so just dropped back down from tying Snow Leopard, and used your method for video with RC1, and i'm running great. Smoother than with the NVDarwin the OP Kext's have (i think thats what was there)

I am...but I'm not familiar with this issue. Why shouldn't we use injectors?

gulker

gulker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Something about RC2 having the native ability to do something like EFI Strings. I couldn't get it to work using just RC2, so just dropped back down from tying Snow Leopard, and used your method for video with RC1, and i'm running great. Smoother than with the NVDarwin the OP Kext's have (i think thats what was there)

Hi Doomi,

I have a question. Were you able to get the trackpad working properly. I installed via Retail DVD, and then RC2, I even go t the 10.5.8 update working for me and waiting for my snow Leopard update CD.

I have 2 problems, Trackpad works erraticaly jumps all over the place, and I never got my display working. I have Intel Express 4 Chipset for the display.

Let me know if you have any pointers for me?

Thanks

TofuTodd

TofuTodd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Doomi, I thought I got snow leopard mostly working except for the same issues affecting 10.5.8 but I got random KPs which was a deal breaker. I now see tons of posts about the KPs and apparent solutions (permissions issue or possible UUID mismatch).

I may try again this weekend, or just want for a non-retail install dvd which should be any day i suspect. plus with phoenix's progress on sleep, I may be more inclined to try 10.5.7 again, i just hope no apps I use require 10.5.8.

Phoenix - you mention you had sleep and wake working from the apple menu, but in a latter post you seem to admit you can't get sleep and gfx acceleration to work at the same time. Which statement is true because if you have sleep and QE/CI enabled then I will retry 10.5.7 per your instructions.

the graphics and shutdown issue seem to be a one or the other, can't have your cake and eat it to but I am not an expert.

I am learning there are subtledifferences between installing Cham RC2 on the boot partition vs EFI partition. It seems the injector strings of RC2 don't like to work when installed to a boot partition (not the EFI partition). However some kexts don't appear to load properly via the EFI paritions Extras folder. Essentially, it seems at least one essential kext doesn't load properly between EFI/Extras, Boot/Extras, or S/L/E so I am having frustrating results. For example, my machine is 100% sans keyboard and touchpad currently (without sleep and shutdown of course).

Maybe RC1 is the answer.... I'll try again tonight.

phoenix3200

phoenix3200

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Phoenix - you mention you had sleep and wake working from the apple menu, but in a latter post you seem to admit you can't get sleep and gfx acceleration to work at the same time. Which statement is true because if you have sleep and QE/CI enabled then I will retry 10.5.7 per your instructions.

I've got Sleep + QE/CI working at about 95%. Every once in a while it will refuse to sleep on me, but I think it's usually due to trying to wake and then immediately sleep the machine.

the graphics and shutdown issue seem to be a one or the other, can't have your cake and eat it to but I am not an expert.

Lol, yea, that's where I'm at. If I could find the Natit 0.2 source, it might give me some ideas about this problem. In the meantime, don't forget to disable "deep sleep".

Fredde87

Fredde87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Just a quick note to say that I have gotten most things working on my e6500 now in Snow Leopard apart from the Wireless.

I followed this guide, http://www.insanelym...howtopic=180954 and then I used kexthelper b7 to install the kexts in this thread.

Most of the kexts out there for our hardware does not have 64bit support yet. so to get trackpad, audio etc working I had to boot using the 32bit kernel.

TofuTodd

TofuTodd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Cool , I have 10.5.7 working with sleep per Phoenix's guide in post 165. I installed via iAtkos and didn't need to modify my DSDT.aml, I used the IOUSBFamily.kext and SleepEnabler.kexts per his instructions. You rock Phoenix!

Shutdown / restart still doesn't work of course. All my kexts were installed to S/L/E and I am using chamleon 1 (not to be confused with Cham 2 RC1).

I used the NVdarwin package on the iatkos dvd, CE/QI enabled from first boot.

Fredde, does sleep work in 10.6? Without shutdown and sleep not working the machine will be very annoying to use and you always have to hard power off after every session. In fact, I would rather have sleep than shutdown.

don't forget to install AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in addition to phoenix's ApplePS2 kext to get trackpad and keyboard working

Go it all working (sans shutdown of course)! reinstalled the SDHC card reader kext, installed the HDA IDT kext (forget to install that, not part of the kext package phoenix refers to). Warning, the machine will freeze on wakeup if you have a SDHC card in, so you have to remember to eject your SD card to sleep. I think someone wrote a script somewhere that ejects removable drivers prior to sleep, but too lazy to look for that now!

Fredde87

Fredde87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
No I havent got Sleep/Shutdown/Restart to work yet. It is next on my list though! Gave up on the Intel 5100 wireless, ordered a new Dell 1397 today to replace it with.

Got bluetooth working now as well, check out this new kext http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1239975

Got volume control to almost work, mute still doesnt work though. Havent got a SD card at home to test the reader with, does it show up in system profile if you havent got a card in it?

Chad

Chad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Just a quick note to say that I have gotten most things working on my e6500 now in Snow Leopard apart from the Wireless.

I followed this guide, http://www.insanelym...howtopic=180954 and then I used kexthelper b7 to install the kexts in this thread.

Most of the kexts out there for our hardware does not have 64bit support yet. so to get trackpad, audio etc working I had to boot using the 32bit kernel.

Did you follow all of the DSDT guide stuff in those guides? If so, do you still need to use the kext's in this thread? I thought adding all your hardware to DSDT was supposed to take care of all of that...

TofuTodd

TofuTodd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
i made no modifications to my DSDT. iPC v7 generates a DSDT.aml file as part of the installation process and I never opened this file up to edit it.

Fredde87

Fredde87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Did you follow all of the DSDT guide stuff in those guides? If so, do you still need to use the kext's in this thread? I thought adding all your hardware to DSDT was supposed to take care of all of that...

No I didnt. Used a EFI string to get graphics to work. But then found out that OpenGL wasnt working so I ended up switching to natit which fixed it. Couldnt get sound to work with EFI strings so I had to use VoodooHDA. To fix the volume control I selected the Analog PCM as the Output in the Systems Preferences so I can now change the volume with the keyboard (mouse does not work though).

Going to try to get Ethernet to work with only a EFI string just as a test. Had to reinstall my whole system as I had formated the hard drive as GPT since I was under the impression Vista SP1 supported it. Whilst it technically does support it, it only works on EFI PCs, so my BIOS based motherboard would not install onto it.

Chad

Chad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

No I didnt. Used a EFI string to get graphics to work. But then found out that OpenGL wasnt working so I ended up switching to natit which fixed it. Couldnt get sound to work with EFI strings so I had to use VoodooHDA. To fix the volume control I selected the Analog PCM as the Output in the Systems Preferences so I can now change the volume with the keyboard (mouse does not work though).

Going to try to get Ethernet to work with only a EFI string just as a test. Had to reinstall my whole system as I had formated the hard drive as GPT since I was under the impression Vista SP1 supported it. Whilst it technically does support it, it only works on EFI PCs, so my BIOS based motherboard would not install onto it.

Would you mind posting the KEXTs you're using with SL? I've spent the past 3 days trying to get a working SL system from retail with varying amounts of luck. I'd really appreciate the favor.

Also, if you're using the guide you posted, I'm assuming you're using Chameleon 2.0 RC1, PC_EFI v10.1 from the system drive (not EFI partition)? If so, did you run into any problems with Safe Boot? For a while, I had a system booting, but it was always booting into Safe Boot and I couldn't figure out why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy