• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

iRipper

iRipper

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Hey guys !!! ^_^ Thank you for the awesome job you are doing ! You made a lot of people happy. Sadly my ALC662 doesn't work with any of these AppleHDA kexts :(
I have ASUS P5KPL mobo and HD sound would be the best Christmas gift I could ever recieve :D Everything else works just fine !

Here are my Linux codec dumps (made with Ubuntu 8.10)

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone !!! ;)

Attached Files

• Attached File  Dump.txt   8.43KB   56 downloads

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.
Use the universal azalia audio kext to get stereo audio out till you figure out how to fix sound.
http://forum.insanel...t...ost&id=3699

iRipper

iRipper

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Thanks Dr.Hurt :lol: I'm using AppleAzalia. But I have 5.1 suround system and I would really like to get HD sound :unsure:

AlienX2

AlienX2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Let me try edit this kext with Sigmatel 9221 (Intel D945GNT) tom... can you tell me something i need?

my device id is 0x83847680 and my audio controller id is 0x80860202 (from system profiler and linux codec dump) and 0x27d88086 (from osx86tools)

Thanks.

kalel90

kalel90

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Ive got a question since my front panel audio is ac97 could i use an ac97 driver to get it working and also use azailia for back audio?

parachute

parachute

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
I used the one posted in post#12 with XxX 10.5.6. Works perfect with. GA-P35-S3G. Thanks!

bickyb

bickyb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hello Everyone.
I have a GeForce7050M-M motherboard. According to its specs, it has a embedded ALC662 sound card.
Using Kalway 10.5.2, the sounds works fine except that I can only output stereo.
I am hoping the fix that OcciJano posted can help as this thread seems to be the most promising from what I have read.

My questions are. How do I know if I have ALCInject.kext and HDEnabler still installed. After finding out if I in fact do have them, how can I remove hem so I can try out these other kext files for my embedded sound.

bickyb

bickyb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
So I tried out every one of the drivers posted so far in this thread. All of them seem to work, but I only am shown a stereo option. I would really like to get surround sound working though. What do I need to do to be able to see a surround sound setup option?

Dolcezeus

Dolcezeus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
hi! i have try many hda but i don't have a 5.1 recognized my board is in signature post some picture of my system:
http://img523.images...e=uscitatd7.png
http://img510.images...ingressoqk5.png
http://img440.images...ge=audioxt6.png
please some help me!

Nate H

Nate H

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
So, I've tried every kext file listed in this thread with no luck. I've got a Zotac 930i-itx mobo. It has a ALC662 audio controller. Following these steps, I get the System Profiler to show an audio id of 662 with no available devices. Also in the System Profiler, it shows a different device id than what is listed in my linux codec dump. I've tried the HDA Enabler method without luck too. Any idea's?Attached File  alc662.txt   8.13KB   35 downloads

I've also tried the azailia driver with no input's or output's. All I need is digital out though would live with even just stereo out. Right now I have nothing.

Nate H

Nate H

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Ok, so looking at my codec dump, device id is 0x10ec0662 which is equivalent to 283903586 decimal. Looking at your alc662 driver Info.plist file, it lists 283903586 as one of the codecid's. This means that it should detect the device available correct? Within sys profiler, under Audio (Built In), it lists it as Intel High Definition Audio: w/ Device ID: 0x174B437B and Audio ID: 662 w/ NO Available Devices listed. I'm kind of confused. I followed MadTUX's method for building my own 662 driver and that didn't work either. Am I missing something?

mattrb

mattrb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
I have a friend who has ALC662 GA-g33m-s2l

Can they get Boot-132 working with this mod??

Please help? I want to get his setup running.

shila

shila

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hello all,

is it possible to add "mute" in the alc662 AppleHDA? Otherwise working well on P5GC-MX/1333.

Thanks
shila

Dolcezeus

Dolcezeus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
please someone help me see the post n 69 Please!!!

BsmJ2HOx

BsmJ2HOx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I just wanted to make a question, should I hold my breath for a day when the driver will be able to allow the front panel mic jack to work? or it seems unlikely to ever happen?

VCH888

VCH888

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
Based on GA-945GCM-S2L

I edited stickpin's legacy kexts for working on my GA-945CGM-S2L so that I can use AppleHDA.kext 1.5.7a24 or AppleHDA.kext 1.6.2a37. Not patch AppleHDA.kext

You can install to (1) /Extra/Extensions folder, (2) /System/Library/Extensions folder, or (3) /Extra/Extensions.mkext.

Attached File  legacy_662.zip   46.64KB   333 downloads

Attached File  legacy_662_normal_fixed.zip   17.79KB   477 downloads Fixed one error of HDAEnabler.kext

All analog outputs are working. Digital Output works only 2ch and does not have Encoded Digital Audio. Mic Rear(pink) seem to work as Line In. Line In(blue) is working fine. no "Mute." & "Forget about Front Mic" for now.

If legacy kexts can work on any ALC662, not Gigabyte, give me feedback and tell other people.
This method might work on any ALC### if you know how to edit info.plists.

Credit to stickpin.

iRipper

iRipper

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Seems like the zip file is corrupted ;)

BsmJ2HOx

BsmJ2HOx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
The file is not corrupted, I could open it.

mattrb

mattrb

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

The file is not corrupted, I could open it.

Tmongkol updated his legacy boot-132 kexts for the alc662

http://forum.insanel...&...t&p=1064304

cartri

cartri

Just a Cone

• Donators
  • 407 posts
Hi, i Edited the Post #12 version to allow front mic back, for those who use earphones with mic on the same piece, so we dont have to extend the cable between the front earphone,

This version DOES NOT repeat the same sounds on headphone and back audio, they are seem separated so Skype can be configured this way alowing you to listena music on itunes on the back soundboxes and listen to someone's voice separated on headphone.

How does it looks in other 662 ?

here my results for GA-945GCM-S2L:

Here are my results:

Line Out (green back) working.
Line In (blue back) doesnt works.
Mic (pink back) working (but u have to choose mic number 2).
Headphones (green front) working very nice :wacko: .
Mic (pink front) working as mic2 (yes, the same from back, i see no problem anyway).
Digital Out (Orange)? (can't test it, I don't have it)

Download Link:
http://cartri.blogspot.com
ALC662 Front Mic Project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy