Modded ALC662 & Sigmatel 9223 with codec verbs

OcciJano

140 posts in this topic

Based on GA-945GCM-S2L

I edited stickpin's legacy kexts for working on my GA-945CGM-S2L so that I can use AppleHDA.kext 1.5.7a24 or AppleHDA.kext 1.6.2a37. Not patch AppleHDA.kext

You can install to (1) /Extra/Extensions folder, (2) /System/Library/Extensions folder, or (3) /Extra/Extensions.mkext.

legacy_662.zip

legacy_662_normal_fixed.zip Fixed one error of HDAEnabler.kext

All analog outputs are working. Digital Output works only 2ch and does not have Encoded Digital Audio. Mic Rear(pink) seem to work as Line In. Line In(blue) is working fine. no "Mute." & "Forget about Front Mic" for now.

If legacy kexts can work on any ALC662, not Gigabyte, give me feedback and tell other people.

This method might work on any ALC### if you know how to edit info.plists.

Credit to stickpin.

Hi, i Edited the Post #12 version to allow front mic back, for those who use earphones with mic on the same piece, so we dont have to extend the cable between the front earphone,

This version DOES NOT repeat the same sounds on headphone and back audio, they are seem separated so Skype can be configured this way alowing you to listena music on itunes on the back soundboxes and listen to someone's voice separated on headphone.

How does it looks in other 662 ?

here my results for GA-945GCM-S2L:

Here are my results:

Line Out (green back) working.

Line In (blue back) doesnt works.

Mic (pink back) working (but u have to choose mic number 2).

Headphones (green front) working very nice :wacko: .

Mic (pink front) working as mic2 (yes, the same from back, i see no problem anyway).

Digital Out (Orange)? (can't test it, I don't have it)

Download Link:

http://cartri.blogspot.com ALC662 Front Mic Project

Hi,

I have just tried Cartri's modified kext. I have the same GA-945GCM-S2L motherboard installed in a Kaliway 10.5.3 install. It works perfectly. I cannot yet know if the Digital out works but I ordered today the Gigabyte Digital Out bracket that will allow me to know in approximately two weeks, when it arrives.

Finally the mic front panel works and the front headphones jack as well. Though I want to say that even it is a really beautiful work and a pleasure to have everything working, I would like to ask to the comunity if it could be possible that this awesome driver could automate the task of switching the headphones audio to the front panel the momment the headphones are pluged, the same way as the post #50 by TMONGKOL.

I would not like to be rude. I thank you the nice work. This driver is finally what I was longing for my system. I just think that it would be even better than awesome like that.

Thank you all!

Hi, i Edited the Post #12 version to allow front mic back, for those who use earphones with mic on the same piece, so we dont have to extend the cable between the front earphone,

This version DOES NOT repeat the same sounds on headphone and back audio, they are seem separated so Skype can be configured this way alowing you to listena music on itunes on the back soundboxes and listen to someone's voice separated on headphone.

How does it looks in other 662 ?

here my results for GA-945GCM-S2L:

Here are my results:

Line Out (green back) working.

Line In (blue back) doesnt works.

Mic (pink back) working (but u have to choose mic number 2).

Headphones (green front) working very nice :blink: .

Mic (pink front) working as mic2 (yes, the same from back, i see no problem anyway).

Digital Out (Orange)? (can't test it, I don't have it)

Thanks, I really needed that. If only I could get that working with the legacy kext!

Based on GA-945GCM-S2L

I edited stickpin's legacy kexts for working on my GA-945CGM-S2L so that I can use AppleHDA.kext 1.5.7a24 or AppleHDA.kext 1.6.2a37. Not patch AppleHDA.kext

You can install to (1) /Extra/Extensions folder, (2) /System/Library/Extensions folder, or (3) /Extra/Extensions.mkext.

legacy_662.zip

legacy_662_normal_fixed.zip Fixed one error of HDAEnabler.kext

All analog outputs are working. Digital Output works only 2ch and does not have Encoded Digital Audio. Mic Rear(pink) seem to work as Line In. Line In(blue) is working fine. no "Mute." & "Forget about Front Mic" for now.

If legacy kexts can work on any ALC662, not Gigabyte, give me feedback and tell other people.

This method might work on any ALC### if you know how to edit info.plists.

Credit to stickpin.

When do you think it'll be possible for us to get front mic? Is it even possible with this method?

Also, Can you remove the Digital out, because this board does not even have it.

I've got an Eee PC 900 with the ALC662 and I'm getting afraid of it. It's not barking at me or anything (would {censored} my pants then) but it's being awfully quiet. No it works, my friends in the Windows Startup theme told me that the speakers are just fine.

Trying the kexts in both post 6, 12 and 72 won't let me enjoy the sound of the bin nor will it let me listen to the fine music in my 1 song iTunes library.

Any tips on what other kexts I could feed my Eee to make it sing?

When do you think it'll be possible for us to get front mic? Is it even possible with this method?

Also, Can you remove the Digital out, because this board does not even have it.

This board (GA-945-GCM-S2L) has Digital Out!!! The motehrboard has the support but if you want to connect it to, lets say a Stereo Receiver with SPDIF or optical fiber cable then you must purchase the Digital Out SPDIF/Optical Bracket, that can be found in eBay,for example.

If you want front mic I suggest you download the Cartri's kext from this same thread, post #80, that supports front mic.

This board (GA-945-GCM-S2L) has Digital Out!!! The motehrboard has the support but if you want to connect it to, lets say a Stereo Receiver with SPDIF or optical fiber cable then you must purchase the Digital Out SPDIF/Optical Bracket, that can be found in eBay,for example.

If you want front mic I suggest you download the Cartri's kext from this same thread, post #80, that supports front mic.

Thanks for the heads up about the SPDIF.

What I wanted to do is be able to use the /Extra folder for Audio kexts to have an untouched system. The whole AppleHDA.kext does not load from the /extra folder - so I have to use the legacy one instead - which doesn't have front Mic support.. I already have Carti's kext and it's excellent.

Mine one on ASUS P5QL-SE cannot work at all. I've tried all things in here including the universal azalia audio, but can't get any sound from my mac. The nearest to success is when I use the legacy 662 kext, it's showing my device and available ports in system profiler, but not input and output at all in the system preferences. Any idea how to fix this?

I am like the other guy trying to find info if this works for the D945GCLF2... I keep posting in threads cuz nobody responds and the search function on the forums seems to be just like my sound in osx...not working.

Thanks for the heads up about the SPDIF.

What I wanted to do is be able to use the /Extra folder for Audio kexts to have an untouched system. The whole AppleHDA.kext does not load from the /extra folder - so I have to use the legacy one instead - which doesn't have front Mic support.. I already have Carti's kext and it's excellent.

With all the respect, what is the difference between using Cartri's and a legacy kext that loads from the /extra folder? is it just a mere purist desire to have the most similar thing to a mac (no ofense please) or is there a reason for it? is it better?

With all the respect, what is the difference between using Cartri's and a legacy kext that loads from the /extra folder? is it just a mere purist desire to have the most similar thing to a mac (no ofense please) or is there a reason for it? is it better?

Yes, I do want to have the most similar thing to a mac - but thats not why I don't like the legacy. The legacy kext breaks the front Mic support which I use a lot. Carti's kext gives me front mic.

Regarding Realtek ALC662 sound codec, one of my Asus mainboards (the P5WDH Deluxe) uses the ALC662 codec, which works perfectly with the Kalyway 10.5.2 distro and also can be easily patched for full 5.1 surround support by just dragging ALC662.txt [attached] onto Taruga's AppleHDApatcher v1.20 (should be able to find Taruga's patcher here in the forum or using Google.

See attached codec dumpfile or try here and here too.

See here

" Audio: Realtek* ALC662 audio codec (5.1 channel HD audio) (For the moment I didn`t found any kext that would work with this sound card. All kext found for this model worked without sound. ATM I`m using Azalia. If someone has a working driver for ALC662 for D945GCLF2 please post it here) "

Finally, for users with different Realtek ALCxxx codecs, try THIS) link to other codec dump text files (under the Realtek section ALC662.txt is missing - see attached file.)

This doesnt work for the intel atom 330 D945GLC2 anyone have a working txt for the patcher?

OK, after some testing I have found out that the legacy ALC662 kexts cause crackling sound at high volumes so it's back to Carti's driver - better anyway. Is there anyway to force the WHOLE (Carti) AppleHDA.kext to load from /Extra?

@Dolcezeus: 5.1 still doesn't work, or atleast I never got it work on mine.

Hello, i have a Biostar Tp45d2-a7 with alc662 sound. I've tried all driver found on web but nothing work also installation with tools like kext helper and others.. I can see on system profiler the Audio id: 662 but no available

device!

I'm using ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 with original kernel vanilla. What can i do? is a problem of motherboard?

Thanks

Mark

Hello, i have a Biostar Tp45d2-a7 with alc662 sound. I've tried all driver found on web but nothing work also installation with tools like kext helper and others.. I can see on system profiler the Audio id: 662 but no available

device!

I'm using ideneb 1.3 10.5.5 with original kernel vanilla. What can i do? is a problem of motherboard?

Thanks

Mark

Check you audio in system preferences. If no outputs available, use azalia kext instead till you find a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all!!! Finally I got my audio working!! (I have an ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0). I just tried kext from post #12 and perfect! The only thing is that Mute does not work (volume control keys do work). I tried another way (DrHurt's patch) and I get the opposite (mute works, volume control does not). Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? I´ve read many posts but can´t find anything...

Thanks again!!