[HOW TO] Getting IDT Audio Working

age_sabres18

288 posts in this topic

Yeah I'm using the DP45SG as well. Tried this guide, as well as the pin config, no cigar. Took me forever, but I tried to be accurate to make sure I got all the steps right. It doesn't seem like anyone with that IDT audio has got it working.

On a side note, I don't have USB working either (except the keyboard mouse if they're plugged in from before). Which distro and/or kext did you use for USB on this board?

Use this one I posted over here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149513#

I use the DG45ID, this makes USB work 100%, even with Legacy USB enabled in teh BIOS. These are basically the same Mobo.

Hey thanks man! USB runs like a champ now!

Now if only to get audio working...

Igave up on that.

Get a SIIG USB audio card. USB, fully Mac OS plug & play - no drivers needed - only costs $30.

that and a better video card (I now use an ATI Radeon 2400 pro), and the DG45ID runs fantastic.

Hey thanks man! USB runs like a champ now!

Now if only to get audio working...

i wonder if its related to hd codec enabled in bios(try disable hd codec), it says audio separately: enabled

a new codec dump would probably point differences due to hdmi and hdaudiolink header inside mobo?

i turned it off and it doesnt show much on lspci devices. so it likely is needed on.

I would love to work on this directly with some pros (with teamviewer they can take control of it).

im sure we can do this. i have linux codec dump of DG45iD from sssharer's link and i see it has many pinout config's .. id love to know how to use the dump to figure out this mess.

Codec: IDT 92HD73E1X5
Address: 2
Vendor Id: 0x111d7676 =decimal 287143542
Subsystem Id: 0x80865002
Revision Id: 0x100202

i wonder if its related to hd codec enabled in bios(try disable hd codec), it says audio separately: enabled

a new codec dump would probably point differences due to hdmi and hdaudiolink header inside mobo?

i turned it off and it doesnt show much on lspci devices. so it likely is needed on.

I would love to work on this directly with some pros (with teamviewer they can take control of it).

im sure we can do this. i have linux codec dump of DG45iD from sssharer's link and i see it has many pinout config's .. id love to know how to use the dump to figure out this mess.

Codec: IDT 92HD73E1X5
Address: 2
Vendor Id: 0x111d7676 =decimal 287143542
Subsystem Id: 0x80865002
Revision Id: 0x100202

I will take a serious stab at this in a couple of days. I am pretty sure I got the pinconfig part right, but there were a couple of extra keys in the windows registry. One of them was a key stating the number of entries and I forget what the other one was. I will take a codec dump from a linux live cd and see where it goes from there.

I will take a serious stab at this in a couple of days. I am pretty sure I got the pinconfig part right, but there were a couple of extra keys in the windows registry. One of them was a key stating the number of entries and I forget what the other one was. I will take a codec dump from a linux live cd and see where it goes from there.

compare your dump to sssharer's dump to see if its really same :unsure::hysterical:

i had started yesterday to edit applehda as in thread and found they mixed their ids in the binary. and a typo

AREOS dev id (decimal) = 287143600

age_sabres18 dev id (decimal) = 287143602

typo is ex. CodecID = 2871433602 in step 4.

ours is ex. CodecID = 287143542

do they have hdmi that could be extra config.to a separate chan that we see in dump (elimitate ? i wish ther would be an IDT patcher lol) the hdaenabler might have issues.?

anyways i got stuck at step 4 not sure what we got Edit IOPCIPrimaryMatch with your HD audio controller.

Mine is Intel Audio Controller 0x293e8086

ex. IOPCIPrimaryMatch = 0x293e8086 ahh i see this is the dev_293e . will be trying pinconfig and patch guide for next day. been busy with kid all day.

i wonder if ridgeline could see pinout on this.

the ironic part is i had usb sound card few weeks ago and gave it to a friend. doh.. im selling this board i think.

going for one on the plugins list of universal installer :wacko:

compare your dump to sssharer's dump to see if its really same :D:)

i had started yesterday to edit applehda as in thread and found they mixed their ids in the binary. and a typo

AREOS dev id (decimal) = 287143600

age_sabres18 dev id (decimal) = 287143602

typo is ex. CodecID = 2871433602 in step 4.

ours is ex. CodecID = 287143542

do they have hdmi that could be extra config.to a separate chan that we see in dump (elimitate ? i wish ther would be an IDT patcher lol) the hdaenabler might have issues.?

anyways i got stuck at step 4 not sure what we got Edit IOPCIPrimaryMatch with your HD audio controller.

Mine is Intel Audio Controller 0x293e8086

ex. IOPCIPrimaryMatch = 0x293e8086 ahh i see this is the dev_293e . will be trying pinconfig and patch guide for next day. been busy with kid all day.

i wonder if ridgeline could see pinout on this.

the ironic part is i had usb sound card few weeks ago and gave it to a friend. doh.. im selling this board i think.

going for one on the plugins list of universal installer :D

Here's the codec dump for my audio from a Linux live CD, maybe it will help you out in the meantime. I will play around with this audio problem in the next day or two and let you know.

codec.txt

Still not able to get audio to work, but I think I found the value that goes into IOPCIPrimaryMatch. I believe it is 0x3a3e8086. I got this by looking under the "High Definition Audio Controller" in Device Manager in Windows 7. Under the Details tab under property "Hardware IDs". I got it by concatenating the DEV ID with the VEN ID. It sounds about right, pun intended.

As for giving your USB sound away, looks like no good deed goes unpunished.

I tried adding the pinconfig in the configdata section of the plist, but still no audio. Any luck on your end?

Still not able to get audio to work in my PCChips P17G Motherboard with AUDIO CODEC: Intel High Definition Audio Specification Rev. 1.0 Compliant....

I also installed the latest MacOSx86 Leopard v.10.5.5. iDeneb v.1.3.iso, but I dont know witch audio driver I have to select during the installation of the OSX?...Any Help?

Anyone here have success with Intel HDA Audio?

Hi

thanks for this guide, IDT sucks on laptop, and i was scared it was impossible to find a solution

But I have a little problem ( i have not tried the guide yet coz i am lost about device ID)

The Step 1: Codec device id

To check my ID, i went to system/device manager ...

I checked the properties : IDT high definition audio codec

In device ID, i don't have like : 0x111D76B0

I have :

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7627&SUBSYS_30D4103C&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7627&SUBSYS_30D4103C

I installed Everest, and check , i am more lost :

I have two things :

[ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller ]

Device ID :8086-284B

subsystem ID :103C-30D4

Hardware ID : PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_284B&SUBSYS_30D4103C&REV_03

[ SigmaTel STAC9271D ]

Device ID : 8384-7627

Subsystem ID : 30D4-103C

Hardware ID : HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7627&SUBSYS_30D4103C&REV_1002

Which Id is for the step 1 and the Intel Audio Controller in step 4 ??

:(

thanks

First off, big thanks to age_sabres18 for this excellent guide!!! However, I'm pretty much at my wits end with this kernel panic caused by the AppleHDAController... I downloaded a working HDA kext for my IDT 0x111D76B2 and get it, and I edited the provided kext in the first post and still receive the same panic. Skimming through the posts, it looks like the HDAs I'm working on may be older than the 10.5.6 kext that I would need??? Someone please help!!!

AppleHDA.kext.zip

The VooDooHDA codec works for IDT audion onthe Intel DG boards.

Actually I gave that a try... it worked but the audio was extremely quite. I'll give it another try and see if it fixes the shutdown issue, and possibly if there's some way to set the defaults to increase the volume...

True the volume is a bit low, but at least audio works.

I have an Mobo DP45SG, already installed voodoHDA, it look like it worked, but i have audio only if connect the jack to the half, not completely pluged....

its very strange... any idea?

When installed voodoHDA you removed appleHDA?

True the volume is a bit low, but at least audio works.

I have an Mobo DP45SG, already installed voodoHDA, it look like it worked, but i have audio only if connect the jack to the half, not completely pluged....

its very strange... any idea?

When installed voodoHDA you removed appleHDA?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wtf... i didnt do all this.. i simply downloaded and installed 2 kexts with OSx86 Tools and rebooted, and IDT is working on my HP DV5-1134TX.

None of this editing was needed. I think it may be pre-built versions using this tutorial, but if anyone wants the drivers and cant do this tutorial, PM me... ill send em over to you.

EVERYTHING works: External mic jack, internal microphone, dual headphone jacks. Though theres a slight glitch with the headphones, but its nothing major.

EDIT:

work2q.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm trying really hard to follow your guide to get my IDT audio working please see if you can give me a hand in device manager under device id's for my IDT audio driver i get this

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_107B6051&REV_1036

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_107B6051

the kexts i have installed right now i got from here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...mp;hl=IDT+audio

after scrolling down a bit they are there. i now realize that's not the right way to go any help/guidance would be GREATLY appreciated