• Please log in to reply
749 replies to this topic

schaeaef

schaeaef

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
How can I use an external monitor on my Acer Aspire One ?! Please help me !

dougward

dougward

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I followed the instructions for using the XxX 10.5.6 disk on my A150, but after following all the steps, the screen resolution doesn't run in the native 1024x600 resolution. I tried installing the AppleIntelGMA950.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, AppleSMBIOS.kext, ClamshellDisplay.kext and Natit.kext kexts, but after fixing disk permissions and rebooting, well, it wouldn't boot past the grey Apple screen. Any ideas how I can make it run in the native resolution?

Edit: Never mind! I fiddled with it, it works so long as you don't install the AppleIntelGMA950 kext. Duh!

iamiwas

iamiwas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Any tips on getting wireless to work? I did the kismac thing and it doesnt come up with any wifi networks...

dead_evangel

dead_evangel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Any tips on getting wireless to work? I did the kismac thing and it doesnt come up with any wifi networks...

i had the same proble with my previus install (kalyway 10.5.5) and my atheors wifi card... so i decided to swap my card... it's worth the $... i hate to follow a lot of steps just to get a simple internet connection...

justdoors

justdoors

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Aspire 150 1165 10.1" Need some help with the sound.

Installed using xXx 10.5.6v2, No luck getting sound to work using any of the included alc268 kexts, no help from any of the "sound fix" packages that I found:
AAO_SbM_OSX_1056_Pack
TarugaACL268Installer5
paulswinddriverutilitypack
SticMAC's Audio fix.

Using pauls wind drivers I could change the volume level but could not get any audio out of speakers or headphone jack.

I've tried various alcinject/hdaenabler combinations etc. Nothing works. Everything else works okay. I've reinstalled about 10 times now with different options from xXx 10.5.6.

ANY suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

dead_evangel

dead_evangel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Install Kext...
- Open Kext Helper
- Install Seatbelt.kext (needed from 10.5.5)
- Open Disk Utility and Repair Permission and Restart
For mic use...
- Download StickMAC kext compilation file at this link >> http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y
- unzip the file
- open kext helper and drag and drop AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext
- type in password and click EASY Install
- to be safe Open Terminal
- type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" without ""
- reboot AAO

Is this necessary? i mean the seatbelt kext (i installed the xxx 10.5.6 distro v2 final) and i can mount dmgs without any problem.... and my mic worked out of the box...

dead_evangel

dead_evangel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

How can I use an external monitor on my Acer Aspire One ?! Please help me !

try this pkg just install, repair permissions and reboot :( it worked for me....

does anyone know how to get the trackpad prefpane in the system preferences... i tried the prefpane posted but it didn´t work....

ah btw i want to use my keyboar with the spanish layout with the <> key working... do you have any idea?

Attached Files

justdoors

justdoors

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
More information on the Sound problem with my 10.1 aa1

Turns out there is a different sound driver for the aa1 10.1 then the 8.9 aa1 on acer's site.

The Aspire D150 10.1 uses the ALC272 not the ALC268 driver.

Anyone have a working ALC272 Driver?

I haven't found one online yet. I would hate to have to go back to windows for the time being since I bought this thing to be a hackintosh in the first place, but I d need audio support.

MacTech84

MacTech84

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
It is truly a sad day....

Posted on the XxX Install disc site yesterday - This project is discontinued!
http://xxx-install-disc.blogspot.com/

Anyone have some info on this?

~Stephen

Timod

Timod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
The Mirror link doesnt seem to work anymore, where can i get it?

MacTech84

MacTech84

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
And here we go... Who wants to take the dive into updating to 10.5.7?

volsk

volsk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 57 posts

I'm game!

Give me a few hours...

Update:
So far so good.

I used Software Update. When done no reboot, but first reinstalled voodoo using installer.

After reboot no sound and 800x600 display. Now reinstalling those kexts...

bryanb124

bryanb124

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

it broke my install...ended up in a boot loop. word is that you need to use the combo update, not the software update...i screwed up...doing a fresh install of the last x86 10.5.6 Install Disc Universal Final. This image has ppf 3 and 4. I will let you all know how it goes.

B

MacTech84

MacTech84

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

I'm game!

Give me a few hours...

Update:
So far so good.

I used Software Update. When done no reboot, but first reinstalled voodoo using installer.

After reboot no sound and 800x600 display. Now reinstalling those kexts...

Sounds good, maybe I will try later this week. 2 quick questions for you...

1. How is the 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel working for you? I am concerned since its been a while since we have heard from these guys on an update....

2. Do you have a copy of the sound and video .kext's you could upload? Its been a while since I have found some other than in a full Distro and just would love to have a backup copy...

Thanks in Advance

volsk

volsk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 57 posts

Sounds good, maybe I will try later this week. 2 quick questions for you...

1. How is the 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel working for you? I am concerned since its been a while since we have heard from these guys on an update....

2. Do you have a copy of the sound and video .kext's you could upload? Its been a while since I have found some other than in a full Distro and just would love to have a backup copy...

Thanks in Advance

Okay... testing and experimenting. At the moment I have broken my installation once again.
So no audio or video... But it worked at one point ;)

MacTech84

MacTech84

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Okay... testing and experimenting. At the moment I have broken my installation once again.
So no audio or video... But it worked at one point :P

Just curious here, how did you break the install?

bigies

bigies

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've done upgraded to 10.5.7. Anything works fine except the Intel GMA950 if I install this kext, I will end up with the blur screen. So, I need to boot with -x and remove the AppleIntelGMA950.kext and now it's ok.

MacTech84

MacTech84

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

I've done upgraded to 10.5.7. Anything works fine except the Intel GMA950 if I install this kext, I will end up with the blur screen. So, I need to boot with -x and remove the AppleIntelGMA950.kext and now it's ok.

Could you further describe your process for updating to 10.5.7 in a little more detail so others may try as well?

Also, To all...

I just found this on the green demon so I am sending the link to the main page. Apparently the iDeneb team has come up with what seems to be a full 10.5.7 update disc to download, anyone willing to try?

http://insanelymac.org/

Title - iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 105.7

volsk

volsk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 57 posts

Could you further describe your process for updating to 10.5.7 in a little more detail so others may try as well?

Also, To all...

I just found this on the green demon so I am sending the link to the main page. Apparently the iDeneb team has come up with what seems to be a full 10.5.7 update disc to download, anyone willing to try?

http://insanelymac.org/

Title - iDeneb Combo Upgrade KIT 105.7

It seems for me the autoupdate does a better job than the combo or full update.
What I did:

- Install XxX 10.5.6
- Apple Update --> No Reboot
- Reinstall Voodoo Kernel --> Reboot
- Replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, AppleHDA.kext -->Reboot
- Success!

MacTech84

MacTech84

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

It seems for me the autoupdate does a better job than the combo or full update.
What I did:

- Install XxX 10.5.6
- Apple Update --> No Reboot
- Reinstall Voodoo Kernel --> Reboot
- Replace AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, AppleHDA.kext -->Reboot
- Success!

Great, will try this when I get home later, quick question though... Have you been able to get the trackpad recognized and setup for "tap as click" I have used the XxX installer many times before but for some reason this last time, I cannot get the trackpad recognized.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy