GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

i have a lenovo t500 with dual graphics cards, a mobility radeon 3650 and the x4500. Knowing that this could be a problem, i have disabled the 3650 in the bios because that's the one that is automatically detected. thanks to you guys at least one card sorta works haha. ill try the ioregoutput as soon as possible.

i have a lenovo t500 with dual graphics cards, a mobility radeon 3650 and the x4500. Knowing that this could be a problem, i have disabled the 3650 in the bios because that's the one that is automatically detected. thanks to you guys at least one card sorta works haha. ill try the ioregoutput as soon as possible.

My cursor disappeared on a Lenovo n500 after the native res. patch, so it looks like it's a lenovo feature:)

Unfortunately, i have no extra video card to disable, so i'm still unable to apply the script. I did once today too, trying to reinstall voodoo ps2 driver at various stages (before patch, after patch before reboot, after reboot) without success. I'll probably look for a way to backup my system tomorrow, and try reinstalling the system with a customization which doesn't need the ps/2 driver, if it's even possible.

That's the common denominator amongst the people that don't have their mouse, the combination of the radeon 3650 with X4500.. Also the fact that they are all t500's..

Just a thought, have you got the latest bios? Just wondering.. I checked google on linux support of this laptop, and it seems like in linux there is no problem.. So this might be just an osX issue..

What distro do you use for your osX install?

My cursor disappeared on a Lenovo n500 after the native res. patch, so it looks like it's a lenovo feature:)

Unfortunately, i have no extra video card to disable, so i'm still unable to apply the script. I did once today too, trying to reinstall voodoo ps2 driver at various stages (before patch, after patch before reboot, after reboot) without success. I'll probably look for a way to backup my system tomorrow, and try reinstalling the system with a customization which doesn't need the ps/2 driver, if it's even possible.

Ah, you don't have 2 cards.. Bummer.. So it might be lenovo related indeed..

Can you post a system.log? (you can find it in /var/log (using finder --> Go --> Go to folder))

Ah, you don't have 2 cards.. Bummer.. So it might be lenovo related indeed..

Can you post a system.log? (you can find it in /var/log (using finder --> Go --> Go to folder))

Sure i can. When? Now, with no patch run, or i should run it, and have some fun trying to hunt down the log with no mouse? :)

That bios update idea is a good one. You think i should try it? Or without the double card config i't can't make a difference.

Sure i can. When? Now, with no patch run, or i should run it, and have some fun trying to hunt down the log with no mouse? :D

That bios update idea is a good one. You think i should try it? Or without the double card config i't can't make a difference.

with no patch run is good, if you have the log of multiple boots.. Which, if you didn't erase it, is usually the case :)

im currently running ipc 10.5.6. so i logged back into my osx partition and my cursor showed up again. this time its a big rectangle of corruption. see attached picture (image0021). ioreg is also attached. ill be sure to check my bios after i log back to windows.

also, maybe the mouse can be fixed by running the cursor in software mode. from what little research i did, this seems to be an option.

Váradi László

are you having trouble with getting the kext to load? i was having the same issue, so i deleted all of the intelapplex***** kexts and started off fresh and loaded 2a42appleintelgmax4500 see attached picture 2.jpg

post-368843-1246998461_thumb.jpg

ioregoutput.txt

post-368843-1246998951_thumb.png

im currently running ipc 10.5.6. so i logged back into my osx partition and my cursor showed up again. this time its a big rectangle of corruption. see attached picture (image0021). ioreg is also attached. ill be sure to check my bios after i log back to windows.

also, maybe the mouse can be fixed by running the cursor in software mode. from what little research i did, this seems to be an option.

Váradi László

are you having trouble with getting the kext to load? i was having the same issue, so i deleted all of the intelapplex***** kexts and started off fresh and loaded 2a42appleintelgmax4500 see attached picture 2.jpg

WHAT!!!!??? I see you have 2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext loaded!!!!?? You get into graphical mode? that's fantastic! for me that couldn't work!

Try removing /System/Library/Extensions/2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext (or move it out of that folder), and reboot, then post your findings :)

Not really, no. I can run the script without any options, or with -vrf, -rf, -r, i can't remember exatly, but i tried all variations, and even the non forced ones worked fine (at least the script said everything is ok) After reboot i had no messages saying anything about kext errors (i had some with the audio driver, but it was fixed after repairing permissions with osx86tools).

Now that you showed us that corrupted cursor, i remembered that the very first time i ran the script, i could not get the system to boot up, i saw only noise(like on old tvs), and when booting into safe mode, i saw the corruption like yours instead of the mouse. I guess i just had a wrong devid passed with the f option, since i can run the script now any way i like, i alwasy have native res. after reboot, without any kext loading errors, Of course with no mouse pointer.

I was trying to find something about running the mouse in software mode for a while now, with no success.

hah, found a sorta fix.

i made my cursor bigger and it appeared! although the other cursors such as the finger and the text cursor appear corrupted.

edit: ill try removing /System/Library/Extensions/2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext , gimme a few minutes.

post-368843-1246999715_thumb.jpg

post-368843-1246999851_thumb.jpg

hah, found a sorta fix.

i made my cursor bigger and it appeared! although the other cursors such as the finger and the text cursor appear corrupted.

edit: ill try removing /System/Library/Extensions/2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext , gimme a few minutes.

np. I think this is the cause :) but at the same time, it would be a blessing to know that you can load AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext. For me the boot stops at a blue screen when I have that kext installed, because my addressing seems wrong. We need coldequation to have a look at this too.. It's just too good to be true :D

np. I think this is the cause :P but at the same time, it would be a blessing to know that you can load AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext. For me the boot stops at a blue screen when I have that kext installed, because my addressing seems wrong. We need coldequation to have a look at this too.. It's just too good to be true :P

I can't load it either, i ran the bash jut now with no selectors (simply dragged into terminal after sudo su), it created both kexts (one with FB at the end and one without), but i could not boot, just blue screen like you, then picture noise. After reboot in safe mode i deleted the one without the FB, then i could boot normally, even had native res. just no cursor. i'm gonna try now growing the cursor too.

ok so i just restarted after deleting the non-fb kext. i checked and only the fb kext has been loaded. but im still having the mouse corruption issues. its not really a big issue anymore for me, you guys should spend your time on the bigger issues at hand. thanks for all your help. let me know if you guys need the kext that loaded if it helps any.

Not really, no. I can run the script without any options, or with -vrf, -rf, -r, i can't remember exatly, but i tried all variations, and even the non forced ones worked fine (at least the script said everything is ok) After reboot i had no messages saying anything about kext errors (i had some with the audio driver, but it was fixed after repairing permissions with osx86tools).

Now that you showed us that corrupted cursor, i remembered that the very first time i ran the script, i could not get the system to boot up, i saw only noise(like on old tvs), and when booting into safe mode, i saw the corruption like yours instead of the mouse. I guess i just had a wrong devid passed with the f option, since i can run the script now any way i like, i alwasy have native res. after reboot, without any kext loading errors, Of course with no mouse pointer.

I was trying to find something about running the mouse in software mode for a while now, with no success.

OK,

try this:

1- Install chameleon 1 bootloader.

http://www.insanelymac.com/tag/installer/ (download from here or any other place else)

REBOOT

2-Download File Buddy 9 and find file boot on the root of your OSX HD install. Replace with this boot file attached on my post. (you have to use File buddy because its an invisible file)

3- Add this line to your com.apple.Boot.plist after <key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>"Graphics Mode"="1600×1200×32"</string>

command: sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

here how its mine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs$
 <plist version="1.0">
 <dict>
		 <key>Kernel</key>
		 <string>mach_kernel</string>
		 <key>Kernel Flags</key>
		 <string>cpus=1</string>
		 <key>Timeout</key>
		 <string>5</string>
 </dict>
 </plist>

I have added 1600x1200x32 and i got my native (1280x800x32) so try your native there instead of 1600x1200x32)

reboot and you should get your native.

good luck :P

Boot file credits is from vaio-p users.

I now use coldequation patch4500.bash because its better and i can change resolution everytime i want. But at least with this method you can get more than the annoying: 1024 x 768

PS: i have ZERO experience codding everything i know i have learned here with this users.

thank you all for the hard work and lets get full x4500 power.

boot.zip

OK,

try this:

1- Install chameleon 1 bootloader.

http://www.insanelymac.com/tag/installer/ (download from here or any other place else)

REBOOT

2-Download File Buddy 9 and find file boot on the root of your OSX HD install. Replace with this boot file attached on my post. (you have to use File buddy because its an invisible file)

3- Add this line to your com.apple.Boot.plist after <key>Kernel Flags</key>

command: sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

here how its mine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs$
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
		<key>Kernel</key>
		<string>mach_kernel</string>
		<key>Kernel Flags</key>
		<string>cpus=1</string>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have added 1600x1200x32 and i got my native (1280x800x32) so try your native there instead of 1600x1200x32)

reboot and you should get your native.

good luck :P

Boot file credits is from vaio-p users.

I now use coldequation patch4500.bash because its better and i can change resolution everytime i want. But at least with this method you can get more than the annoying: 1024 x 768

Thanks for the instructions. Right now, i just got my mouse finnaly appear by growing it, it's not like i haven't tried this before, but now i was more brave and went for really big, and after approx half of the slider my mouse appeared. It's big as hell, but it is there:D When the cursor should change to hand or something else it disappeares again, but hey, its now usable.

I'm gonna try your method anyway tomorrow if there's some hope of getting software mouse rendering. I'm using chameleon 2 bootloader (the nice one with the GUI), is it suitable too or i should revert to 1.0?

I'm gonna try your method anyway tomorrow if there's some hope of getting software mouse rendering. I'm using chameleon 2 bootloader (the nice one with the GUI), is it suitable too or i should revert to 1.0?

hi,

only works with Chameleon 1.

\m\

hello, today tested the HDMI output of my notebook in macosx with Kexts that here, as long ago as when you connect HDMI from the start of the garment Notebook, as always the symbol of HP, and Darwin appeared after the apple logo Small was good, then get to the desktop and sends no signal to HDMI and connect it off and I do not react, I have no audio on HDMI, which ago?

The VGA output still does not prove

iWork does not work either, according to me because no Quartz Extreme or Core Image Hardware

Notebook : Hp DV4-1125la

iDeneb : 10.5.7

Hello! :unsure:

I have many doubts about this. Excuse my English is not very good.

Now the important thing, I need to know that I read almost anything I do not understand that someone can help me, guide on the following:

Download: "Archive.zip (840.82K)" User "trauma!" then install it in the instructions that come with the file. After install: 1.-The monitor was blue. 2.-The monitor was a black and white and black horizontal lines as an old TV and no signal.

After that restart, press F8 at boot.

1 .- Home and it started with resolution of 1280 * 800, but the sound was off.

2.-start the machine again but this time in normal mode and no beginning.

Then to come back in "-x" in the boot.

To read and understand that almost no download "patch4500.bash.zip (2.58K).

Perform the following steps:

1.-bash-3.2 # / Users/sergiocaloca/Documents/MacOSx/script/patch4500.bash VRF-2a42

2.-patch4500.bash version: 20090704.1

patch4500.bash: Unknown AppleIntelGMAX3100FB version (might work anyway)

patch4500.bash: Unknown AppleIntelGMAX3100 version (might work anyway)

patch4500.bash: Please reboot now!

3.-Restart

4.-Re-configure my machine to 1024 * 768 mode after installing the "PATCH4500".

HELP PLEASE!!

THAT is what I am doing wrong?

WHAT DOES ONE HAVE TO DOWNLOAD?

What does the "PATCH4500"?

I do not know that back to the same settings as before 1024*800?

Do I say that is what I do, first thing to download first. Now I have another question when you install the drivers and the configuration "F8-x" in the boot. When I wanted to watch a video can not see it completely freezing the whole image as a "stop emotion" very slow. Then: When you install the driver, will slow as watching the videos?

The following image is the current resolution.

THANK YOU THE TRUTH THAT THE JOB YOU ARE DOING ALL THE TRUTH HERE IS INCREDIBLE I commend you for that. HOPE CAN HELP ME IN MY PROBLEM.

Thank you for everything! :angry::D

post-434062-1247024706_thumb.png

hello, today tested the HDMI output of my notebook in macosx with Kexts that here, as long ago as when you connect HDMI from the start of the garment Notebook, as always the symbol of HP, and Darwin appeared after the apple logo Small was good, then get to the desktop and sends no signal to HDMI and connect it off and I do not react, I have no audio on HDMI, which ago?

The VGA output still does not prove

iWork does not work either, according to me because no Quartz Extreme or Core Image Hardware

Notebook : Hp DV4-1125la

iDeneb : 10.5.7

Yes, that's quite possible since the solution we have now to fix the resolution is only partial. At the moment we're trying first to get QE/CI working. It's quite possible that once we've got that working, we get everything working.

Hello! :D

I have many doubts about this. Excuse my English is not very good.

Now the important thing, I need to know that I read almost anything I do not understand that someone can help me, guide on the following:

Download: "Archive.zip (840.82K)" User "trauma!" then install it in the instructions that come with the file. After install: 1.-The monitor was blue. 2.-The monitor was a black and white and black horizontal lines as an old TV and no signal.

After that restart, press F8 at boot.

1 .- Home and it started with resolution of 1280 * 800, but the sound was off.

2.-start the machine again but this time in normal mode and no beginning.

Then to come back in "-x" in the boot.

To read and understand that almost no download "patch4500.bash.zip (2.58K).

Perform the following steps:

1.-bash-3.2 # / Users/sergiocaloca/Documents/MacOSx/script/patch4500.bash VRF-2a42

2.-patch4500.bash version: 20090704.1

patch4500.bash: Unknown AppleIntelGMAX3100FB version (might work anyway)

patch4500.bash: Unknown AppleIntelGMAX3100 version (might work anyway)

patch4500.bash: Please reboot now!

3.-Restart

4.-Re-configure my machine to 1024 * 768 mode after installing the "PATCH4500".

HELP PLEASE!!

THAT is what I am doing wrong?

WHAT DOES ONE HAVE TO DOWNLOAD?

What does the "PATCH4500"?

I do not know that back to the same settings as before 1024*800?

Do I say that is what I do, first thing to download first. Now I have another question when you install the drivers and the configuration "F8-x" in the boot. When I wanted to watch a video can not see it completely freezing the whole image as a "stop emotion" very slow. Then: When you install the driver, will slow as watching the videos?

The following image is the current resolution.

THANK YOU THE TRUTH THAT THE JOB YOU ARE DOING ALL THE TRUTH HERE IS INCREDIBLE I commend you for that. HOPE CAN HELP ME IN MY PROBLEM.

Thank you for everything! :D:D

Okay, I'm gonna try to break it down very easy:

1. Remove /System/Library/Extensions/2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and /System/Library/Extensions/2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

2. Run the script /Users/sergiocaloca/Documents/MacOSx/script/patch4500.bash -vrf 2a42

3. BEFORE REBOOTING make sure you don't have /System/Library/Extensions/2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

4. Reboot

If everything went right, you now have the native resolution of your laptop screen, and you'll also have your sound (sound isn't loaded in safe mode, that's why you didn't have it ;) )

I'm not sure if anyone else gets this but I also have white lines (vertical) across my screen.

Can you post a picture? (screenshot won't show it.)

And just to be sure, if you used the patcher provided by coldequation or the kexts provided by trauma, make sure you've removed /System/Library/Extensions/2A42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

If you used kext provided by me, remove /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext.

Hello all.

Thanks for your great work so far!

Here come's the but.

I have an Lenovo W500 (laptop 1680 x 1050 )

So far i get a little stuck.

(using ideneb 10.5.7)

What did i do :

download the Trauma's Archive (GMA_4500v2). And runned the patch as it is installed with the package. Nothing more, nothing less (was confused about the kext's files in it, but ok i didnt see anything about it in the readme).

After a reboot, bleuscreen pops away, and then a black screen (or screen went of) and then its over.

i'm now reinstallting the os again (5th time ;) )

What im wondering is, do i miss steps in this ? I read the topic, but it confuse me a little.

I see kexts from Trauma, other kexts, patch files.

What is the best way to do in my case ?

Hello all.

Thanks for your great work so far!

Here come's the but.

I have an Lenovo W500 (laptop 1680 x 1050 )

So far i get a little stuck.

(using ideneb 10.5.7)

What did i do :

download the Trauma's Archive (GMA_4500v2). And runned the patch as it is installed with the package. Nothing more, nothing less (was confused about the kext's files in it, but ok i didnt see anything about it in the readme).

After a reboot, bleuscreen pops away, and then a black screen (or screen went of) and then its over.

i'm now reinstallting the os again (5th time ;) )

What im wondering is, do i miss steps in this ? I read the topic, but it confuse me a little.

I see kexts from Trauma, other kexts, patch files.

What is the best way to do in my case ?

OK, everybody, ONLY DO IT WITH ONE METHOD!!!!!

It seems most of you install the kexts by trauma and then run the patch script.

To be clear: The kexts you can download do the same as the patcher!!!!! In fact, try forgetting about the kexts you download, and just use the patcher, since this is the prefered method..

So the only thing you do after installing osX is downloading the patcher, and executing it like this:

patch4500.bash -vrf 2A42

After running the script, check that /System/Library/Extensions/2A42AppleIntelGAX3100.kext has been removed, since that will boot you to a blue screen only.