GMA X4500

aldo77

1,615 posts in this topic

Well, installing apple's ps2 driver from iatkos v7 dvd didn't change anything, even though i can't find voodoo ps/2 kext in the extensions folder anymore, still, after using the script, the result is the same, native resolution working, but no pointer. I just heard about osx86tools for the first time, so i'm gonna play with it a little.

When you install iAtkos v7 READ the manual. You will see it during the installation prosess. There is an information regarding PS/2 mouse problems and some advises regarding this issue. When I installed v7 for the first time my keyboard and mouse were not recognized. But than I chose Voodoo PS/2 (if I remember correct) kext and keyboard and mouse are ok now.

@ GMX 4500MHD driver developers

I have HP dv4t laptop. Here is my hardware info from lspci if it would help to diagnose and fix the 4500MHD driver problem. Everything works fine (out of the box -- wireless, sound, usb) except graphic card.

linux-tgmz:~ # lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub (rev 07)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 03)

00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)

00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 03)

00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 03)

00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 4 (rev 03)

00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 5 (rev 03)

00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 6 (rev 03)

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)

00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 (rev 03)

00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev 93)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation ICH9M LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)

00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI Controller (rev 03)

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)

03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g (rev 01)

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 02)

05:00.0 System peripheral: JMicron Technologies, Inc. SD/MMC Host Controller

05:00.2 SD Host controller: JMicron Technologies, Inc. Standard SD Host Controller

05:00.3 System peripheral: JMicron Technologies, Inc. MS Host Controller

05:00.4 System peripheral: JMicron Technologies, Inc. xD Host Controller

linux-tgmz:~ #

Still, Black screen

I'm on 10.5.7(updated from iPC 10.5.6),

with 2a428086(comfirmed from lspci output),

and use the original kexts extracted from official MacOSXUpd10.5.7.dmg.

Waiting for someone with t400 to confirm the result.

Anyway, thanks for all your help.

Download the latest from the voodoolabs forum. The preferences panel is in the download.

Wow, i didn't know that there should be one in the system preferences. I installed it from the iatkos v7 dvd, and there isn't such a panel. Any idea how make it appear?

I cant find anything about leopard thinking about a second monitor in the displays panel in syspref.

I ran the bash with -vr and it worked, but after reboot, no pointer.

Can you tell me how to undo it? I thought -r will remove it, then i deleted the kext. This is what is should do?

-r only deletes the newly created 24A2AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext. If you want to go back to what you had before running patch4500, then you need only delete the 24A2AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.

I will consider adding an -u undo option at some point.

@mnelson - you need to run lscpci -nn to see the device id. Your output doesn't include it.

-u

Download the latest from the voodoolabs forum. The preferences panel is in the download.

-r only deletes the newly created 24A2AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext. If you want to go back to what you had before running patch4500, then you need only delete the 24A2AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.

I will consider adding an -u undo option at some point.

@mnelson - you need to run lscpci -nn to see the device id. Your output doesn't include it.

-u

Thank you, i've found it in the meantime, but there are nothing in the preferences panel about hardware mouse, or anything related.

Hey guys,

Let be clear "blue screen for a few seconds, black screen for one second, then blue screen again, and finally login window.." means the framebuffer runs fine, and the resolution as been changed from VESA boot one to the NATIVE os x desktop one. Tienneke and I even been able to recover the screen EDID through IOReg while the framebuffer was running. We can easily re inject that at the right place, i've done some tests one my GMA 950 and it don't hurt.

I've noticed that revision ID of the X3100 is "03000000" when the X4500 one is "07000000", we may need to patch that in the drivers and Natit too.

I've also read many time that AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext may interfere with X3100 kexts when using Natit.... Since we don't need it, let's delete All GMA 950 related kext and see is this help. Or lets have a look at your system profiler to see if some GMA 950 kext are loaded. ( i've already seen X3100 kext loaded along side of my GMA 950 graphics drivers).

Another idea i had, maybe a wrong one :) But who knows.... Why not try to patch Intel GMA 950 kext to see what's happen ?

Cya.

Hi, I`ve looked at my system profiler and no GMA950 kext are loaded. But as you can see in the attachement, there are the two x3100 kets loaded, besides of the 2A42AppleIntelGMA3100FB kext

You guys are "masters of OSX86" ! I really thank you very much, it`s first time I´ve got a 1380x800 resolution!!!!

Muchachos son muuuyyy capos!!! Felicitaciones por todo el esfuerzo y la dedicación que ponen para desarrollar este driver

Thank you, i've found it in the meantime, but there are nothing in the preferences panel about hardware mouse, or anything related.

Varadi, try the one i`ve attached. It`s important that you delete the Appleps2controller and the AppleACPIps2Nub kexts from the extension folder before you install it.

BTW, you`ll find appleACPIps2Nub in /S/L/E/AppleACPIplatform.ket/contents/plugins

good luck

post-231702-1246894217_thumb.jpg

post-231702-1246894332_thumb.jpg

VoodooPS2Controller_0.98_installer.pkg.zip

Need detailed lspci output.

Hi,

I need to see the output of lspci from three different setups:

1. Hackintosh using an X3100 card with QE/CI.

2. MacBook using X3100 card

3. Hack using 4500MHD card

The command to run is:

lspci -vvxxx >lspci-out.txt

Thanks.

-u

Varadi, try the one i`ve attached. It`s important that you delete the Appleps2controller and the AppleACPIps2Nub kexts from the extension folder before you install it.

BTW, you`ll find appleACPIps2Nub in /S/L/E/AppleACPIplatform.ket/contents/plugins

good luck

Thank you for the idea, but neither of these files exist, i guess because i've already installed the package you attached (it's the same version, but if yours is modified somehow, i'll give it a try). I did not remove the two files you mentioned, so probably the installer removed them (i'm sure the first one was in the extension folder, i saw it), the second one(with the complicated path) i wasn't looking for, but they both don't exist now for sure. These three files are in the plugins folder where appleACPIps2Nub should be:AppleACPIButtons.kext, AppleACPIIEC.kext, and AppleACPIPCI.kext.

So i don't have the appleps2controller.kext in the extensions folder, but (since i installed the voodoo package), there is a VoodooPS2controller.kext. The syspref panel works fine, but at launch it misses ApplePS2SynapticsTouchpad, then loads perfectly. I can modifiy a lot of things, but there are no references to hardware mouse. Even with this ps2 driver, the mouse disappeares after using the script and rebooting with native resolution, therefore i'm beginning to think it doesn't matter which ps2 driver i use, it could be more of a hardware mouse rendering issue with the x3100 driver, still, it's strange noone ever had this kind of problem before with that driver...

Hi,

The command to run is:

Thanks.

-u

NOW I AM CONFUSED! :) do i have 2a40? 2a42 or 2a43? wowwwww! :D

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub [8086:2a40] (rev 07)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2a42] (rev 07)

00:02.1 Display controller [0380]: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2a43] (rev 07)

my lspci.txt its attached.

lspci.txt

Hello there,

I've been really watching this thread since last two weeks or so and running almost all the tests which others have. But I'm get frustrated now, I've tested the patch by coldequation as well and it did patch the kexts actually but I could not get the native resolution at all, in-fact I got the blue and then black screen after the restart then at the end I had to delete the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext to get back into my OSX installation.

I am running it on a dell laptop E6400 please see my lspci file and my system logs as well. I really appreciate the help of you guys doing to us. I just need this display to be giving me at least native resolution and as all are greedy QE/CI will be perfect .

lspci_out.txt

system.log.zip

2a40 is a bridge memory controller. 2a42 is your GMA 4500MHD graphics core. 2a43 should be the chipset (probably GM45)

You need to rerun your lspci and post it. It doesn't have all the info. Run it with the following:

lspci -vvxxx >lspci.txt

Thanks.

NOW I AM CONFUSED! ;) do i have 2a40? 2a42 or 2a43? wowwwww! :hysterical:

my lspci.txt its attached.

Hello there,

I've been really watching this thread since last two weeks or so and running almost all the tests which others have. But I'm get frustrated now, I've tested the patch by coldequation as well and it did patch the kexts actually but I could not get the native resolution at all, in-fact I got the blue and then black screen after the restart then at the end I had to delete the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext to get back into my OSX installation.

I am running it on a dell laptop E6400 please see my lspci file and my system logs as well. I really appreciate the help of you guys doing to us. I just need this display to be giving me at least native resolution and as all are greedy QE/CI will be perfect .

Some questions:

have you tried after you`ve got the black screen rebooting with the -x and deleting the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext? (I mean not the one ending with FB)

It happened the same to me but deleting the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext i got my native resolution.

BTW, what distro are you running? I believe that it should be one of the 10.5.7...

2a40 is a bridge memory controller. 2a42 is your GMA 4500MHD graphics core. 2a43 should be the chipset (probably GM45)

You need to rerun your lspci and post it. It doesn't have all the info. Run it with the following:

lspci -vvxxx >lspci.txt

Thanks.

I have the same result for GMA 4500MHD Three different numbers -- 2a40, 2a42, 2a43

My lspci -vvxxx is attached

lspci.txt.zip

Some questions:

have you tried after you`ve got the black screen rebooting with the -x and deleting the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext? (I mean not the one ending with FB)

It happened the same to me but deleting the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext i got my native resolution.

BTW, what distro are you running? I believe that it should be one of the 10.5.7...

In-fact I've run your script and as far as I know your script does this job to remove the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext. The last method of testing was iAtkos5i and updated to 10.5.7 and ran your script after i ran the script booted into the OS and got the blue and then black screen. Rebooted again with -s and had to delete the 2a42AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and then rebooted again and got the display back but with out any native resolution.

I hope this helps you to better understand my problem.

With very best regards,

Hi,

The command to run is:

Thanks.

-u

Here is the lspci output of a X3100 MacBook.

Also I got my hands on a second HDD for my laptop, so I will do a test install later today to be able to help with the testing.

lspci_out_MacBook.txt

Hi,

The command to run is:

Thanks.

-u

I have a Hackint0sh desktop, Asus P5Q-EM x4500, 0x2E228086

I could not get that lspci command to work, had to download a package called PCI-TOOLs

Had to cut and paste terminal output the >lspci-out.txt did not work. Hope this is acceptable.

lspci_out.rtf

Some questions:

I've had a talk with iPoco on IRC, he's got the same laptop as you have. Apparently you have 2 graphics cards, integrated and dedicated. I think this might be a problem at the moment.

Could you post an ioreg dump and your /var/system.log file?

iPoco will also post his ioreg, so I can see what's happening.

I'm quite busy with work stuff atm, but can somebody google about that laptop and linux support? Maybe they had the same problem, and it can be interesting to see how they fixed it..

I've had a talk with iPoco on IRC, he's got the same laptop as you have. Apparently you have 2 graphics cards, integrated and dedicated. I think this might be a problem at the moment.

Could you post an ioreg dump and your /var/system.log file?

iPoco will also post his ioreg, so I can see what's happening.

I'm quite busy with work stuff atm, but can somebody google about that laptop and linux support? Maybe they had the same problem, and it can be interesting to see how they fixed it..

I've posted my system.log in the previous post plase see the same log attached again.

I hope will get some luck.

system.log.zip

lspci_out.txt

another person here with a missing mouse cursor. yesterday the mouse cursor was visible, but distorted, today there is no mouse cursor. any ideas what could be going on?

Odd :)

What laptop do you have, do you have several graphics cards (dedicated&integrated)? can you post an ioreg dump?

(in terminal execute this command: ioreg -l -s -w 0 > ioregoutput.txt and upload the ioregoutput.txt (it'll be in your home folder)

I'll be looking at the reasons of the why of this problem tomorow, depending on how much work I have :)