Driver for nForce4 LAN

planetbeing

765 posts in this topic

Based on that I would say yes, but try what pupdawg asked you to do. Then see what your device ID is.

if its the same then again I don't know what to do. If not then we will add the new dev id to the drivers and then it should work. Did you try with just my mod first, or did you use mine and then Letni's? If you did the later then try mine first and if that works then try Letni's.

i think he was talking to sjoer, i cant find lspci for windows anywhere, only for linux.

is there another app i can use in windows?

about the drivers i think i only tried planetbeing second drivers and yours.

i think he was talking to sjoer, i cant find lspci for windows anywhere, only for linux.

is there another app i can use in windows?

about the drivers i think i only tried planetbeing second drivers and yours.

Well, then I don't know what to do. You have the same id as the rest of us so its something else. Have you tried some of the Marvell nic theads? Maybe they will be able to help.

OK, I have tried this a few times to no avail, but then again I probably missed something. I did check the HCl, and have crawled the forums for about two weeks now. I have installed and running 10.4.6 HotIso, installed native, not VMware, system runs stable, just no nic, sound, SATA and of course the no vid accelration, but one thing at a time.

I am trying to get the Nic running first, but from the looks of things I am the first to post anything on the nForce 570 chipset.

My setup:

AMD 3200+ skt AM2

M2N-SLI Deluxe MOBO Here, Clicky Clicky...

3gb Crucial DDR2

80gb WD 8mb PATA 133 drive for OSX

250 Gb Samsung Spinpoint SATA2 300

160 Gb Seagate Barracuda SATA1 150

XFX GeForce 7600GT

EDIT: Just found this crawling...

LAN Dual Gigabit LAN controllers support NVIDIA DualNet® technology

NVIDIA nForce® 570 SLI™ MCP built-in dual Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY

- Support Teaming and Fail-Over functions

- Support TCP/IP Acceleration

When I run the forcedeth.kext i get the enableing 1.2.3...etc, then link goes down. I have tried with both nic's enabled in the bios and also with just the primary enabled. When it says link down The link light goes out and when I reboot into XP, I get a bios warning about the cable being unplugged until i go into xp full then all is joyful.

When I run the forcedeth-nockd.kext, the log shows a repeating readout of what looks to be memory addresses. and again the link light goes out, mac osx tells me that a network cable is unplugged in both instances. I then have to reboot back into xp to get my nics back. I would post logs, but I forgot to bring them with me to work. I can post them later if needed.

My hardware Id's appear to be DEV0373 for both nics. They are reported as Nvidia Network Adapters.

On a side note, With OS X being compiled on top of BSD for all intensive purposes, I have seen on other distro's ie: Debian use a program called fwcutter to cut the driver firmware coding for wireless applications, could it be reworked to do something for us here, Not a programmer myself so just a thought.

Any help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks!!

OK, I have tried this a few times to no avail, but then again I probably missed something. I did check the HCl, and have crawled the forums for about two weeks now. I have installed and running 10.4.6 HotIso, installed native, not VMware, system runs stable, just no nic, sound, SATA and of course the no vid accelration, but one thing at a time.

I am trying to get the Nic running first, but from the looks of things I am the first to post anything on the nForce 570 chipset.

My setup:

AMD 3200+ skt AM2

M2N-SLI Deluxe MOBO Here, Clicky Clicky...

3gb Crucial DDR2

80gb WD 8mb PATA 133 drive for OSX

250 Gb Samsung Spinpoint SATA2 300

160 Gb Seagate Barracuda SATA1 150

XFX GeForce 7600GT

EDIT: Just found this crawling...

LAN Dual Gigabit LAN controllers support NVIDIA DualNet® technology

NVIDIA nForce® 570 SLI™ MCP built-in dual Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY

- Support Teaming and Fail-Over functions

- Support TCP/IP Acceleration

When I run the forcedeth.kext i get the enableing 1.2.3...etc, then link goes down. I have tried with both nic's enabled in the bios and also with just the primary enabled. When it says link down The link light goes out and when I reboot into XP, I get a bios warning about the cable being unplugged until i go into xp full then all is joyful.

When I run the forcedeth-nockd.kext, the log shows a repeating readout of what looks to be memory addresses. and again the link light goes out, mac osx tells me that a network cable is unplugged in both instances. I then have to reboot back into xp to get my nics back. I would post logs, but I forgot to bring them with me to work. I can post them later if needed.

My hardware Id's appear to be DEV0373 for both nics. They are reported as Nvidia Network Adapters.

On a side note, With OS X being compiled on top of BSD for all intensive purposes, I have seen on other distro's ie: Debian use a program called fwcutter to cut the driver firmware coding for wireless applications, could it be reworked to do something for us here, Not a programmer myself so just a thought.

Any help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks!!

Did you try to shut the pc down and remove the nic cable for about 30 seconds. That has work for most of us. I don't know much about that board myself. Sorry.

:wallbash:

Did you try to shut the pc down and remove the nic cable for about 30 seconds. That has work for most of us. I don't know much about that board myself. Sorry.

Yes that works to reset the nic, but it does not help that when either kext is loaded it essentially turns the nics off. After working and playing with code for 2 weeks on this now, I went out and bought a $10 nic for now, its got me online and now I can work on the rest of my issues.

Thanks again.

;)

hello i am having trouble wiht the installaltion when i do the kextload part i get this log.

Sorry to hear that, but you didn't post the log.

:robot:

Yes that works to reset the nic, but it does not help that when either kext is loaded it essentially turns the nics off. After working and playing with code for 2 weeks on this now, I went out and bought a $10 nic for now, its got me online and now I can work on the rest of my issues.

Thanks again.

:D

Alot of us had to do that. Sorry, but at least you got something that works with out a bunch of tinkering.

I love the work everyones doing with the forcedeth driver but I have a request. :D

I am one of the unfortunate few who have a 410 with an external 8201...

Forcedeth works for about 1000 packets than just gives up after 5 recv errors. Is there anyway to force forcedeth to work even when encountering errors, or is this a hardware limitation?

If forcedeth kind of works... wouldnt it be easy for the knowing to make it completely work?

Adam

sorry guys here is my error log:

kextload: extension /Users/ananthasilva/Desktop/forcedeth/build/release/forcedeth.kext appears to be valid

kextload: loading extension /Users/ananthasilva/Desktop/forcedeth/build/release/forcedeth.kext

20com_triton_forcedeth is not compatible with its superclass, 20IOEthernetController superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /Users/ananthasilva/Desktop/forcedeth/build/release/forcedeth.kext

load failed for extension /Users/ananthasilva/Desktop/forcedeth/build/release/forcedeth.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

that i get after a type:

kextload -v ~/Desktop/forcedeth.kext/build/Release/forcedeth.kext

can anyone pls help since i really got nothing to do with no internet.

Guest BuildSmart

if somone can get me the source for this ethernet driver I'll spend some time resolving the various issues and make the driver dynamic in hardware matching detection to cover several models supporting the same/compatible chipset.

if somone can get me the source for this ethernet driver I'll spend some time resolving the various issues and make the driver dynamic in hardware matching detection to cover several models supporting the same/compatible chipset.

If you download the original zip on the first post of this thread, the whole xcode project is included (source code)..

You might be a bit in over your head as the nforce lan device is not documented at all by Nvidia and this driver is basically a rewrite of the linux code that basically was reverse engineered. Well, good luck anyway.. any updates are welcome for this..

i have an KN8 Ultra with NForce 4, i tried to load the kernerl extension but it gave me this error ( i paste the entire log run with the -t option)sorry if it's too long, but maybe it can help.

valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/Adaptec29160x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/Adaptec39160.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/Apple02Audio.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAD741x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleADM103x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleADT746x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort2.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAirPort3.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleCore99NVRAM.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleCore99PE.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleDallasDriver.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleFan.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleFCU.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleFlashNVRAM.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleFPMemDriver.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGossamerPE.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGPIO.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHeathrow.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHWSensor.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleI386GenericPlatform.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntel915.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleK2.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleK2Driver.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleK2Fan.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleK2SATA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleK2SATARoot.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleKauaiATA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleKeyLargo.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleKiwiATA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleKiwiRoot.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleLM7x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleLM8x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleLMUController.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMacRISC2PE.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMacRiscPCI.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMaxim1989.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMaxim6690.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMPIC.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleOnboardAudio.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleOnboardDisplay.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRAID.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMUMonitor.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTPMACPI.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBAudio.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleVSP.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/ATTOExpressPCIPlus.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AudioDeviceTreeUpdater.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/BootCache.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/CM4040.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/CMD646ATA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/CMD646Root.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/HeathrowATA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/I2CGPIO.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOHDIXController.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CAD741x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CADT746x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CControllerPMU.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CControllerPPC.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CControllerSMU.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CDeviceFCU.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CDriveBayGPIO.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CFamily.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CLM6x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CLM7x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CLM8x.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CMaxim1989.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOI2CMaxim6690.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOKeyLargo.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformFunction.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/KeyLargoATA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/Lexmark X422.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/LSIUltra320.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/MacIOGPIO.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/MegaRAID.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/SCR24X_Apple_Driver.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/SharedIP.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/SoftRAID.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/tulip.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/VirtualAudioDriver.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleI2SModemFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleModemOnHoldService.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleBMacEthernet.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRS574Serial.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleSCCIrDA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBIrDA.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/InternalUSBModem.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/MotorolaSM56K.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBCDCDMM.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBCDCECMControl.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBCDCECMData.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBCDCEEM.kext is not valid

kextload: kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBCDCWCM.kext is not valid

kextload: resolving dependencies for kernel extensions with validation and authentication failures

kextload: extension forcedeth-nockd.kext appears to be valid

kextload: loading extension forcedeth-nockd.kext

20com_triton_forcedeth is not compatible with its superclass, 20IOEthernetController superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension forcedeth-nockd.kext

load failed for extension forcedeth-nockd.kext

Hi...

I'm using forcedeth for my A8N-SLI Deluxe too. Everythings works fine but my network breaks down when i upload big (>5MB) files to a samba share. Downloading works absolutly fine incl. websurfing! When the network crashed i need to disconnect my D-Link 10/100MB switch from power supply for some seconds. What is the reason? To many request?

I've seen that before with an early Windows Vista Beta build.

I hope you can help me. Network without upload is only a half network. :D

Here my syslog:

Aug 25 21:16:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Initializing.

Aug 25 21:16:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Probing.

Aug 25 21:16:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Starting.

Aug 25 21:16:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: PCI system 0x10DE:0x0057, subsystem 0x1043:0x8141 opened.

Aug 25 21:16:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Mapped from 0xD0000000 of length 4096.

Aug 25 21:16:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Allocated 3072 bytes of contiguous memory for DMA: rx at 0x2914a000, tx at 0x2914a400, wired at 0x194f5000.

Aug 25 21:16:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found nForce4 LAN with MAC: 00:11:D8:7E:9D:EB.

Aug 25 21:16:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Found PHY 0x5040:0x0003 at address 1.

Aug 25 21:16:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: com_triton_forcedeth: Ethernet address 00:11:d8:7e:9d:eb

Aug 25 21:16:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Enabling... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Aug 25 21:16:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Starting transmit/receive engines

Aug 25 21:16:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Network link down.

Aug 25 21:16:49 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Link speed now 100Mbps, code 0x10064.

Aug 25 21:16:52 davids-computer mDNSResponder: Repeated transitions for interface en0 (FE80:0000:0000:0000:0211:D8FF:FE7E:9DEB); delaying packets by 5 seconds

Aug 25 21:16:53 davids-computer launchd: Server 484b in bootstrap 1103 uid 0: "/usr/sbin/lookupd"[319]: exited abnormally: Hangup

Aug 25 21:16:53 davids-computer configd[50]: posting notification com.apple.system.config.network_change

Aug 25 21:16:53 davids-computer configd[50]: WirelessAirPortDeviceNameCopy(): no AirPort driver found

Aug 25 21:16:53 davids-computer lookupd[321]: lookupd (version 369.5) starting - Fri Aug 25 21:16:53 2006

Aug 25 21:16:55 davids-computer mDNSResponder: Repeated transitions for interface en0 (192.168.0.17); delaying packets by 5 seconds

Aug 25 21:17:02 davids-computer kernel[0]: smb_iod_recvall: drop resp: mid 262, cmd 16

Aug 25 21:17:02 davids-computer kernel[0]: smb_iod_recvall: drop resp: mid 263, cmd 50

Aug 25 21:17:02 davids-computer kernel[0]: smb_iod_recvall: drop resp: mid 271, cmd 50

Aug 25 21:17:02 davids-computer KernelEventAgent[45]: tid 00000000 received VQ_NOTRESP event (1)

Aug 25 21:20:52 davids-computer KernelEventAgent[45]: tid 00000000 received VQ_NOTRESP event (1)

Aug 25 21:20:52 davids-computer KernelEventAgent[45]: tid 00000000 type 'smbfs', mounted on '/Volumes/ARBEITSGRUPPE;BOO', from '//ARBEITSGRUPPE;DAVID@BOO/BACKUPS', not responding

Aug 25 21:20:52 davids-computer KernelEventAgent[45]: tid 00000000 found 1 filesystem(s) with problem(s)

Aug 25 21:21:55 davids-computer KernelEventAgent[45]: tid 00000000 unmounting 1 filesystems

Aug 25 21:24:28 davids-computer sudo: david : TTY=ttyp1; PWD=/Users/david; USER=root; COMMAND=/bin/bash

Aug 25 21:35:57 davids-computer kernel[0]: System Doze

Aug 25 21:46:47 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Network link down.

Aug 25 21:46:50 davids-computer launchd: Server 0 in bootstrap 1103 uid 0: "/usr/sbin/lookupd"[321]: exited abnormally: Hangup

Aug 25 21:46:50 davids-computer configd[50]: posting notification com.apple.system.config.network_change

Aug 25 21:46:50 davids-computer configd[50]: WirelessAirPortDeviceNameCopy(): no AirPort driver found

Aug 25 21:46:52 davids-computer kernel[0]: forcedeth: Link speed now 100Mbps, code 0x10064.

Aug 25 21:46:55 davids-computer configd[50]: posting notification com.apple.system.config.network_change

Aug 25 21:46:55 davids-computer configd[50]: WirelessAirPortDeviceNameCopy(): no AirPort driver found

Hi, I'd like to ask if anyone noticed the same problem like me. My network connection goes fine at 100 mbit, samba copying, network, like i've used it for 5 days without any interruptions on a lan for quake and things like that. However when my ADSL modem hangs up the line (my ISP hangs up every 24 hours), the driver hangs or something like this, and the card transmits something up (according to menumeter, my switch doesn't blink like it would normally do), but there is no receive. I've already tried to replug the cable and reconnect, tried enabling and disabling the network card in Network Preferences, but both were useless, only reboot helped. Interesting though, that I can unplug the cable anytime and it would reconnect fine, and if I want to hang up the line manually, i can do it, it would reconnect without any problems - just 'forced disconnect' knocks out the driver, however it is quite bad to restart my box for every 24 hours.

I'd like to try the nockd and other builds, maybe someone can tell me what's the difference between the different builds...

Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm one of the unlucky/poor ones who own a A8N-SLI... and not even the deluxe edition that gives you the Marvell-Yukon chip which would work for OS X. I didn't want to buy another LAN board, because I'm perversely repulsed by that sort of redundancy and inelegance.

After a few attempts at trying to manipulate the vendor and device ids to make the Apple drivers work, I decided to write my own from scratch. :P

Well, more precisely, I decided to blatantly rip off of the GPL'ed forcedeth driver for Linux, which someone had mentioned earlier (but I had a really difficult time getting a copy of the source code on Google, I only managed to get several old versions so far). But I figured 2000 odd lines of code isn't too unreasonable and I could figure it out mostly, and also figure out enough of OS X's innards so I can port it.

Luckily, I was right, and it's partially thanks to the Apple team for providing a surprisingly friendly platform to code... device drivers on. I've never coded one in my life, and I've never coded for Macs, either, but I was able to get the hang of it pretty quickly. (However, I must say the documentation wasn't the best... I mean at least do a better job of hyperlinking it! And also I had quite a fun time trying to get the provided interrupt request handler to work right... it actually crashed my computer a lot more than the "unsafe" method I used earlier did)

The driver is pretty crappy, I have severe doubts about its stability, and indeed, I've had to restart my computer a lot during the development process, but having your code running at the kernel level doesn't give you a lot of room for error. :D But, hey it works (sort of... I think it might still want to murder USB if I try to unload the kext... "unsafe" method didn't have this problem). Also, I wasn't able to implement the latest and greatest features. Like scatter-gather, TOS and so forth. For those things, I'd probably have to actually talk to a real person to figure out what's going on instead of just looking at the code (which is pretty much not commented at all).

Anyway, I'm not how much interest is there (all the other nForce4 people seem to have other LAN cards or have the Deluxe or Platinum version and using the Marvell Yukon driver), and the driver so far is still pretty humiliatingly unstable (though I haven't tested it out extensively). If you want the source, it'll be all GPL'ed and such.

But I mostly wanted to brag about how I wrote a OS X driver. :P It doesn't seem like that happens a lot... Pretty good for a Apple newb, eh?

EDIT:

The driver attached should now be fairly stable, but as with all OS X drivers, there is no guarantee of support. Complete system freezes have been known to occur with older versions and may reoccur, so avoid doing critical work on OS X. Source code is included for the sake of future generations. Here are my recommended instructions for getting it working on your computer:

1. Download the attached driver

2. Extract the contents onto the desktop

3. Open the Terminal application in the Applications/Utilities folder

4. Type "tail -f /var/log/system.log" to obtain debugging output for the first run.

5. Use the menu bar to open up a new Terminal window.

6. In this new window, type "cd ~/Desktop/forcedeth/build/Release"

7. sudo chown -R root:wheel forcedeth.kext

8. sudo chmod -R 755 forcedeth.kext

9. sudo kextload -v forcedeth.kext

10. Observe in the log window what happens. If there are no errors, and you eventually see the link going up with a proper speed, then the driver will work with your hardware. Otherwise, paste the log in this thread for help.

11. Test out the driver by browsing some websites, etc.

12. If there were any problems in steps 10 or 11, type "sudo kextunload forcedeth.kext", then repeat steps 7-11 for forcedeth-nockd.kext

13. To install the driver, type "sudo cp -R forcedeth.kext /System/Library/Extensions"

14. Lastly, update the extensions cache with "sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions"

ok i fallow you directions but when i restart i lose everything and it works too before i restart i have full internet

• 2 weeks later...

System specs:

Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 939 (clocked to 2.5ghz stock 1.8ghz)

Msi K8n Neo4 Platinum(Nforce4 Ultra:P)

Corsair 1gb dual channel ddr

Ati X1600 pro 512mb PCI-x

pata Maxtor 300gb(macos here:P also windows:P)

sata Seagate 320gb(ntfs full across)

oddest thing.... I installed MacOSX 10.4.6 goatsecx(100gb of 300gb), 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 AMD one(Myzar), then installed the smb fix by forgot whats his face... and lastly the ATI fix for my X1600 using borisbadenov.... then after I had that all going I installed Windows X64 on second half of drive, after that was done I installed acronis and all... and boot into macosx.....

remember I did nothing but boot macosx.... previously only 1 nic was working..... somehow it, seems to have loaded the forcedeth drivers.... where from I dunno and how I dunno...... but thats ok..... though thats the wierd part since I was reading this topic all while windows was installing on my main comp....

well anyway I'm gonna try installing the forcedeth drivers from here......

the ones that appeared on my osx seem to work fine but for whatever reason dns doesn't seem to be working:S I dunno.... we'll see:P

up until I installed windows xp x64.... OSX was fully working no prob, detecting one of the nic's as whatever.... but non the less working:P...

• 2 weeks later...

When I follow the step 9

I knew the reason:

when I type:9. sudo kextload -v forcedeth.kext

the LAN guiding lights is not shining

so I can't use the card.

But When I use the safty mode, which forcedeth.kext is not loading,

and the LAN guiding lights is shining normally.

I don't know why? What should I do?

It is nForce 550

My netcard ID is 0x037310DE