iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 Released!

Jack Layne

593 posts in this topic

Success!!

I just finished installing it on a Dell Optiplex GX620 USFF.

P4 3.4Ghz

2GB DDR2 memory

200 SATA drive

Video GMA950 (Dev 2772, Ven 8086)

NIC Broadcom Netxtrem 5703 (Dev 1677, Ven 14e4)

Audio Intel 82801 AC97 ICH7 (Dev 27de, Ven 8086)

Chipset i945G

I installed using GUID partition.

I installed with kernel 9.4.0, the only option I picked to install is the patch for intel ICHX and video GMA950 (but it needs the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (attached).I get full QE/CI.

I did not pick NIC drivers or Audio at the time of install (I attached the ones I used).

Additional steps I followed for the NIC are also included inside the zip file attached, You get a MAC address of 00:00:00... and also how tochange it to a real MAC and how to make it permanent.

This is information I got from other posts around here, thanks to all the people creating/helping with this.

Kexts_used.zip

post-212749-1232892968_thumb.jpg

post-212749-1232892979_thumb.jpg

post-212749-1232892989_thumb.jpg

hi all,,

i'm using laptop Toshiba Satellite A-80

Succesfull update into 10.5.6

But, after the update i lost battery manager

From installation i chose powermanagement.pkg

I extracted it from dvd and installed into 10.5.6 system

but it doesn't appear anymore like before

can someone point me how to make it work?

thanks in advanced

Hey there! Setup works fine for me, booting without any extra options fails. Using the verbose mode, it told me this:

MAC framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster I0 buffer headers

What can I do to boot my Mac OS X?

Thank you very much for help.

Regards, LordRothen

Hey there! Setup works fine for me, booting without any extra options fails. Using the verbose mode, it told me this:

MAC framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster I0 buffer headers

What can I do to boot my Mac OS X?

Thank you very much for help.

Regards, LordRothen

try to select ACPI FIX during installazion ;) .....

Hi...there

i'm already success using iDeneb on my Desktop.

my desktop are using :

Intel Pentium 4D 3.0Ghz 2048 L2 cache

Asrock Conroee133-D667

2048 DDR2

Forsa Geforce 7300GT 256MB

Keyboard + Mouse PS/2 Logitech Internet Pro Desktop

Soundcard Audigy Platinum

USB Wirelesslan Surecom with RA2572T chipset from ralink

all hardware are works,

i'm using kernel 9.2.0 Speedsteep after get kernel panic if using 9.5.0 and others in the package

Install the Poweroff_Fix

i'm not using the soundcard onboard (ALC888),

but install and using kxAudioDriver-1.2b0.dmg for my Audigy card.

but the problem are, after using for the 1st time i found a dialog to patch the system with Poweroff_fix which i'm already choose at the first time in installer menu, i postponed it, and everything goes fine. But it will always shows a dialog everytime i restart or shutdown the desktop normally. And finally i try to use the patch in the dialog for the Poweroff_Fix, and the result are, my desktop can't shutdown normally :) only get a power off on my LCD but the cpu still turn ON. I must do a manual shutdown by press power off for 3 seconds.

What can i do to undo those Poweroff_fix? Should i re-install all over again?

Please help....

Thx.

try to select ACPI FIX during installazion :) .....

Tried it out. Setup is working fine. But I'm not able to launch Mac OS X. The computer just reboots after one or two seconds. I tried again using safemode (and verbose mode of course) but it's restarting too. Someone's got a tip for me?

Hello.I have a problem installing iDeneb 10.5.5:

My configuration

Asus m2n-e sli

AMD x2 6000

Ati 2600xt 256

Ata 60GB

Asus dvd.

When i made my old installation with Leo4All v4 everything run smooth (just after installation i saw spinning welcome).

Now after insatllation i managed to get into Osx only in single mode.

When i am starting without any flags i am getting blue screen with only mouse cursor.

Is there something i am doing wrong?

On yesterday, after i insalled iDeneb 10.5.5 with blank screen and i decide reinstalled this version on my laptop ( Lamborghini VX2S) and after reinstall completed, i restart my laptop and try boot mac os but screen just display apple icon around 1-2 second and then automatical restart system. I tried reinstall extra 2 times and this time is freeze with apple icon, boot with -v flag like below:

dsc02054io7.jpg

Pls help me reslove these problems,thanks huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhhhu!

Guys, I have an Realtek® ALC1200 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC onboard my mobo, but during installation I mistakenly chose the ALC888 codec drivers. So naturally my audio doesn't work.

How can I install the correct kexts for the ALC1200 without having to re-install the whole thing again? Any help will be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

My config is below :

Asus M3N78-EM Mobo

PhenomX4 9550 CPU

4GB DDR2 800 RAM

Sata HD's Sata DVD

Onboard Realtek 7.1 Audio, Onboard nForce LAN

Geforce 8400GS

• 4 weeks later...

hey friends,

i tried this release because i upgraded my video card from FX 5200 to FX 5500 and only this version supports my new card........

kalyway 10.5.2 worked fine on my FX 5200 but any other distro was not working on my both cards and off-course kalyway 10.5.2 is also not working on my new card..........

when the installation of this release finished on my RIG and PC restarts than i got that screen with a cross error.......

and in -v mode i got "Still waiting for root device"......

any suggestion.........???

also please help me in patching the iso of this release with iDeneb_v1.3_nForce_Patch i want to give this a try also........

my RIG is in my Signature

DSC_4170.JPG

Thanx..........

• 2 weeks later...
^Anyone?

Everything else is working for me... just no sound.. that's the only thing keeping me from using it as my main OS.

Hi, Would you tell me the correct kexts about Asus M3N78-EM Mobo ? My PC as following

Asus M3N78-EM Mobo

AMD 5200 CPU

4GB DDR2 800 RAM

Sata HD's Sata DVD

Onboard Realtek 7.1 Audio, Onboard LAN, 8500GT

almost same as yours,I tried three days, but I got fail after root everytimes. I used 10.5.6 ideneb,would you help me ? thanks a lot!

• 2 months later...
Hi everybody

I would like to say that I have tested it and it's great, but I can't. I have tried another releases but my computer doesn't start. However, with iDeneb 10.5.5 1.3 at least it's installed but after the reboot the hard drive is freezed.

The last message is:

"using 14417 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

My motherboard is from Packard Bell with nVidia chipset (MCP73VT-PM chipset Nvidia 7050/610i). Can anyone tell me if I can install? I have seen a patch for chipset MCP6?, but not for the mine inside the iDeneb release.

Any help?

Best regards

I got the exact same prob.. did you solve it or anybody else?? and if so, how did you solve it??

Greetz!

On yesterday, after i insalled iDeneb 10.5.5 with blank screen and i decide reinstalled this version on my laptop ( Lamborghini VX2S) and after reinstall completed, i restart my laptop and try boot mac os but screen just display apple icon around 1-2 second and then automatical restart system. I tried reinstall extra 2 times and this time is freeze with apple icon, boot with -v flag like below:

dsc02054io7.jpg

Pls help me reslove these problems,thanks huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhhhu!

I have the same problem!!! i want osX :(

• 6 months later...
Ok. Without enabling the X3100 support, this works as well as the iATKOS 10.5.4 on my Toshiba Satellite L310

1. Need to replace the IOPCIFamily from chun nan to get my broadcom 4321 wifi working.

2. Trackpad is detected as mouse.

3. When trying to put the notebook to sleep, it will try to go into sleep mode, and then "wakes up".

4. Not sure if speedstep works though.

Could you please share the installation configuration?

I also have Toshiba L310 and trying to install Ideneb (1.6).

Thank you