• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

Haziz

Haziz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
hi guys, i've done the instructions in the first post. in the system preferences, i can see both ipod and printer (hp psc 1310), but leopard doesn't mount them. think i don't overwrite the IOUSBFamily.kext, but i'm new in the osx86 (since yesterday) and don't know how to do it.

anyone with some patience to help me? not mount my ipod sucks and i don't wanna go back to Win... i'm loving the leopard.

p.s. if helps, my leopard version is 10.5.4 iATKOS 4i with everything working.

my pc:
intel desktop perl d865
p4 prescott 2,4ghz
mouse and key PS2
geforce fx5200
realtek 8139

Haziz

Haziz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
solved with usb fix 1.3
now enjoying 100%

thanks.

aNeGaTiVe10

aNeGaTiVe10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
hey guys every time i put in "rm -v /S*/L*/E*.ke*" in terminal it says no such file found something like that when i plug in my ipod seems to work but any other mass storage device doesn't. it picks up my ipod with a 1.1 usb bus any help?

Kramark

Kramark

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:computers,mobile phones,automobiles

solved with usb fix 1.3
now enjoying 100%

thanks.

hi mate how did you solved using this?? what kernel are you using 9.2.0?? because i'm using a kernel 9.4.0 but i didn't try this one..

RTMG

RTMG

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Download IOUSBFamily.kext.zip to desktop
Double click to unzip
Enter terminal
sudo -s
mkdir ~/Desktop/Off
mv -v /S*/L*/E*/IOUSBF* ~/Desktop/Off
cp -r -v ~/Desktop/IOUSBF* /S*/L*/E*/
rm -v /S*/L*/E*.ke*
rm -v /S*/L*/E*.mke*
diskutil repairpermissions /
reboot

Does OSx86Tools do this if u use it to install ? Or say Kexthelper ?

I`m thinking it does, but not 100%. All we`re doing here is copying the files and repairing permissions aren`t we ?

(just asking)

tomehb

tomehb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I tried this with 10.5.4, and got a kernel panic on reboot.. :(

pm2

pm2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi all,

could anyone explain me how to install the IOUSBFamily.kext that I downloaded?

I'm using 10.5.3 on VMWARE WS 6.5, and I have the usb devices under System Profile, but nothing mounts.

Thanks for helping

PM

pm2

pm2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Hi all,

could anyone explain me how to install the IOUSBFamily.kext that I downloaded?

I'm using 10.5.3 on VMWARE WS 6.5, and I have the usb devices under System Profile, but nothing mounts.

Thanks for helping

PM

I found in the System/Library/Extensions the two following dir:
IOUSBFamily.kext and the IOUSBFamily.kext.orig (I use the Jas 1.5.3).

I backuped the IOUSBFamily.kext

I did sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext
I then replaced it with the one found in this forum (place on the desktop):
mv /Users/pm/desktop /System/Library/Extensions/

I rebooted after some reboots (5/6) I did come back in the OS. But I had a pop-up saying that the Extension was not installed properly.

I did then come back with the backuped kext. (at that time, even if I had the pop up, the USB mouse was working)

and then I rebooted.

Now, I still have the pop up, and the mouse is not working any more. so it make it impossible doing something in the OS.

Can somebody help me to come back to a working version? I guess I will need to do something in shell mode when booting?

Really thanks if somebody can help me. I cannot do nothing more with my OSX.

PM

pm2

pm2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I found in the System/Library/Extensions the two following dir:
IOUSBFamily.kext and the IOUSBFamily.kext.orig (I use the Jas 1.5.3).

I backuped the IOUSBFamily.kext

I did sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext
I then replaced it with the one found in this forum (place on the desktop):
mv /Users/pm/desktop /System/Library/Extensions/

I rebooted after some reboots (5/6) I did come back in the OS. But I had a pop-up saying that the Extension was not installed properly.

I did then come back with the backuped kext. (at that time, even if I had the pop up, the USB mouse was working)

and then I rebooted.

Now, I still have the pop up, and the mouse is not working any more. so it make it impossible doing something in the OS.

Can somebody help me to come back to a working version? I guess I will need to do something in shell mode when booting?

Really thanks if somebody can help me. I cannot do nothing more with my OSX.

PM

I'm Now able to boot (using -f -v).

It seems that the USB pb is due to vmware.

any idea from anyone of you?

derekreid

derekreid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Fantastic work, USB now works like a charm.

Paulando

Paulando

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Uh oh! I seem to have messed up my OSX installation by attempting to install this :(

First of all, I have Kalyway 10.5.2 on an Asus P5B motherboard. I was following the instructions in the first post but got an access denied error. Foolishly (I haven't a clue with these things past the basic installation, unfortunately!), I copied the original kext to the folder on my desktop manually then put the generic IOUSBfamily.kext file in the Extensions folder. It said it wasn't installed correctly, so I copied the original file back, and then it said that wasn't installed correctly either.

Long story short, after a restart no USB devices work, including my mouse and keyboard :o Presuming I can get hold of a PS/2 keyboard and mouse tomorrow, what can I do to fix it? The original IOUSBfamily.kext file is back where it should be, but needs fixing somehow (the permissions, presumably).

Many thanks!

NeSuKuN

NeSuKuN

-Zealot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
Could this help me getting my USB ports working correctly? I've tested orByte's and didn't change anything. I'm having trouble with external disks (and my iPod too) disconnecting suddenly. I currently use a USB mouse, keyboard and headset. They work correctly most of the time but sometimes I need to reboot a few times in order to get them recognised. external drives are no-go.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,192 posts

Uh oh! I seem to have messed up my OSX installation by attempting to install this :(

First of all, I have Kalyway 10.5.2 on an Asus P5B motherboard. I was following the instructions in the first post but got an access denied error. Foolishly (I haven't a clue with these things past the basic installation, unfortunately!), I copied the original kext to the folder on my desktop manually then put the generic IOUSBfamily.kext file in the Extensions folder. It said it wasn't installed correctly, so I copied the original file back, and then it said that wasn't installed correctly either.

Long story short, after a restart no USB devices work, including my mouse and keyboard :D Presuming I can get hold of a PS/2 keyboard and mouse tomorrow, what can I do to fix it? The original IOUSBfamily.kext file is back where it should be, but needs fixing somehow (the permissions, presumably).

Many thanks!

It is ordinary permissions problem
sudo -s
chown -R root:wheel /S*/L*/E*/*
chmod -R 755 /S*/L*/E*/*
diskutil repairpermissions
/

Could this help me getting my USB ports working correctly? I've tested orByte's and didn't change anything. I'm having trouble with external disks (and my iPod too) disconnecting suddenly. I currently use a USB mouse, keyboard and headset. They work correctly most of the time but sometimes I need to reboot a few times in order to get them recognised. external drives are no-go.

Yes, this kext may help if you try it. Instead of old by Apply or by orByte.

Attached Files

aNeGaTiVe10

aNeGaTiVe10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
slice, its still not working for me. am still having 1.1 speed any help?

Crawley

Crawley

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Hi everyone!
I have a slightly different problem: some of USB2.0 devices (Kingston data traveler, my friend's iPod) are shown as USB2.0 (and have USB2.0 speed) but my Nokia N73 shows up as USB 1.1 and has awfully slow transfer ;) (in windows works just fine)
Anyone knows what this is about?

Asus P5B
Intel e2140 CPU

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,192 posts
Check updated topic!

Kramark

Kramark

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
hi mate,
can you help me with my usb. I tried your installer but no luck, so i have a sample pictures here to see what is my problem with my usb. with windows it works fine but in mac it doesn't work i tried almost all the given solution in insanelymac i hope you can help me..
Here are the photos:

http://img218.images...dsc00658vj8.jpg
http://img217.images...dsc00659gh3.jpg

Thank you..

~Eureka

~Eureka

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

hi mate,
can you help me with my usb. I tried your installer but no luck, so i have a sample pictures here to see what is my problem with my usb. with windows it works fine but in mac it doesn't work i tried almost all the given solution in insanelymac i hope you can help me..
Here are the photos:

http://img218.images...dsc00658vj8.jpg
http://img217.images...dsc00659gh3.jpg

Thank you..

Hi kramark,

It seems that your USB and PCCard device cannot get the correct resource or are misconfigured by BIOS. You may also want to try replace your IOPCIFamily and IOPCCardFamily to see if it will make any difference.

For Leopard (beta3):
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=81036

For Tiger (beta3):
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=81048

Chun-Nan

Kramark

Kramark

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
ok mate i will try it thanks.. i hope this will not crash my system :(

firstcolle

firstcolle

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
I Tryed the IoUSBFamily.kext linked in the first post, but my usb don't work properly.
I have 12 USB 2.0 on my motherboard (Asus P5E) but the system profiler show me this:
Posted ImagePosted Image
and when i connect an hard drive to the USB standard i can use it (copy/weite file) but if i connect to a hi-speed Usb i cant copy write file, i only see the drive on desktop.
Also the firewire have the same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy