Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R?

315 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering whether this board works well with OSX86. It's a new board, just released that uses the new Intel P45 chipset. Has anyone had any experience with this board yet, as i'm looking to use it in a G5 case mod with a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600. Just need to know if there are any problems/compatibility issues with it.

howie :)

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering whether this board works well with OSX86. It's a new board, just released that uses the new Intel P45 chipset. Has anyone had any experience with this board yet, as i'm looking to use it in a G5 case mod with a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600. Just need to know if there are any problems/compatibility issues with it.

howie :(

Have look at this thread

• 3 weeks later...

I have this motherboard + core 2 quad 9300 :angel:

Everything went fine with kalyway 10.5.2 + 10.5.3 comboupdate + 10.5.4 manual auto update, the only point i miss is the soundcard... can't figure how to make it works... any kind of help will be appreciated :bag:

I have this motherboard + core 2 quad 9300 :(

Everything went fine with kalyway 10.5.2 + 10.5.3 comboupdate + 10.5.4 manual auto update, the only point i miss is the soundcard... can't figure how to make it works... any kind of help will be appreciated ;)

Try the 889A audio from the attached files in the first post of this thread.

It works !

Thanks a lot

The sound is a bit saturated when the level is 100% but it's great to have sound !

Glad it works!

So all around, how is the performance of your machine? That looks like a great board to use.

I have this board. I can boot and install Retail DVD with DFE's BOOT-132 (see this thread), but I could only use GUID for partition scheme (but I need MBR partitioning because I want to do dual or triple-boot and I have only 1 hard disk). It looks like Retail DVD doesn't allow to use MBR ("You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume blah blah...").

So I should use another DVD, but it seems that none is working for me. I tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4Allv3 and had no luck; they all freeze booting. Any ideas?

No, no special changes to the BIOS. I tried using the latest BIOS to date, F8 if I recall correctly.

If somebody could boot (and install) OSX86 in this board with another DVD different to the Retail one, please tell me.

So I should use another DVD, but it seems that none is working for me. I tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4Allv3 and had no luck; they all freeze booting. Any ideas?

Are you using AHCI enabled, and a SATA DVD drive?

Zaap: I am using AHCI but not a SATA DVD drive. I have only a old PATA DVD drive, but in a couple of hours I will be buying a new SATA one (Pioneer 215). Can this be important?

PS: Sorry if I don't quote your replies; I don't know why the "quote" button doesn't work for me.

OK, I got a new SATA DVD drive, a Pioneer 215D.

I tried with Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4All v3 but no luck. They hang in the same places than before. Any ideas?

I downloaded iAtkos v4i and IT BOOTS! (Hey, it's more than I had)<br /><br />It's installing now, but I will let the experimenting for tomorrow.

Edit: I feel so stupid... I was booting with the -f flag... don't ask me why because I don't know. Now iATKOS v4i boots, Kalyawy 10.5.2 too, and maybe Leo4All, but I didn't tried.

Edited by Martín M

Hi there, just bought and installed this mobo and used boot 132 for leopard, all ok, but can't get 8500gt Qe/Ci enabled using efistudio strings, any clue?

thx!

I've had trouble before getting it to work in 10.5.2. When I updated to 10.5.3, it worked.

Also, if there's any NVinject.kext in the extensions folder, then that seems to override efi and kill QE/CI- solution is to delete any conflicting kexts.

great Motherboard!

I've just installed in in a triple boot Vista-xp on hd1 and OSx in hd2. Everything works perfectly except Audio.

I've installed Iatkos V4i and then added only the NVinstaller v.52.pkg . This enabeld my 8600GT perfectly.

I've tried all the kexts and several methods, but with the latest (HDAEnabler.kext found here ) I have been finally able to see something on the system profiler's Audio tab.

it shows me :

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x1458A102

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

(nothing then)

and there's no device avaiable also in system preferences/sound.

Any idea on how could I solve this problem?

Thanks a lot:

i have this board with a Q6600 - 4 gb ram - 2x500 Gb SATA drives in AHCPI - xfx 8600GT 1 GB ram.