Leopard on a dell studio 15 and 17

pifou

489 posts in this topic

I used Sonotone's but can't get the battery metter to work

in a previous install, I had it, with the iDeneb 10.5.5. Is there a way to install only the Power Management package from the iDeneb DVD??

You can use the Powermanagement bundle from Jaro12345 from this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=80425

It has worked for me...

Hey Ridge, I don't mean to be a nag, but has any progress been made? Does it look like we're going to (eventually) have full support for the 3450? I only ask because I've possibly got an opportunity to trade my Studio for a Macbook, and if the Studio is never going to get full graphics support, I might take it.

great, I installed it and works perfectly

it's nice to know again my battery status

Question:

I can't get the volume control to work. The speakers works, but I cannot control the volume. What can it be?

Plus, Vorguees, I see your media keys are working. How did you do it?

Thanks for all

Hey Ridge, I don't mean to be a nag, but has any progress been made? Does it look like we're going to (eventually) have full support for the 3450? I only ask because I've possibly got an opportunity to trade my Studio for a Macbook, and if the Studio is never going to get full graphics support, I might take it.

No problem man I have looked at a lot of things recently and unless your system setup is far superior to the macbook... I would trade in a heartbeat but that is just me.

THere are a lot of new frame Buffers coming as they release Snow Leopard however... I am still trying to get it to work and now that LastExile has finished another project he has been working on we will hopefully know more soon.

It's pretty superior, which is what has given me pause. Hidef display, 4GB RAM, etc, etc. Everyone was loaded out on it save the processor, which is the same. I think I'll hold on to it for a while yet. Thanks man.

I just installed the new audio drivers, improved by Mr.Krabs from the original Ridgeline release

and now, I have volume control, and my media keys are all working, even the volume one

I just need to find a utility for the Dell Media Center button and I'm good to go

Thanksss!!

I have read all 15 pages worth of posts on this topic and I must say there is so many different details it makes me scared. Is there anyone out there that has a step-by-step installation instruction that I can try and follow. True Newbie.

Thanks

Give me your system specs and I can help.

hi,

i have a 17 inch Studio with ATI Radeon HD 3650, 2GHz Duo Core w/ 3gb. memory.

i was wondering if it would be possible to install OSX using the boot-132 method on my laptop? I have the actual retail Leopard DVD from the store. Would I be able to use it at 100% meaning wifi, sound, buttons, video card...etc. would work? I am a former mac user and I want to go back to OSX so bad, but I am really new to this and need someone that can help me out.

thanx,

Lindsay

;)

hi,

i have a 17 inch Studio with ATI Radeon HD 3650, 2GHz Duo Core w/ 3gb. memory.

i was wondering if it would be possible to install OSX using the boot-132 method on my laptop? I have the actual retail Leopard DVD from the store. Would I be able to use it at 100% meaning wifi, sound, buttons, video card...etc. would work? I am a former mac user and I want to go back to OSX so bad, but I am really new to this and need someone that can help me out.

thanx,

Lindsay

;)

ATI Radeon HD 3650 is not yet supported :P

Edit I talk bout the mobility one of course

Sorry to jump in but could you do a step by step for Dell Inspiron 1525 which is nearly identical:

Core 2 Duo 2ghz

2gb DDR2 667

120GB Sata HD

Dell 1395 Wireless

Intel ICH8M Chipset

GMAX3100

Ricoh Card Reader

I have tried espressoreport guide, but it takes too long to get to 10.5.6. I updated to 10.5.5 then hosed the system doing the 10.5.6 upgrade losing hours of work.

Is there a better way of implementing GMAX3100 without using hot corner or sleep display app?

I have available iATKOS 5, iPC 10.5.6, iDeneb 1.3, Leo4allV3, XxX 10.5.6, Kalyway 10.5.2, but would prefer to start on latest releases if possible.

And now, after some tweaks (details here) in AppleHDAPlatformDriver.Kext's plist, we have muting internal speakers when line out (jack) is plugged!

:D

Now Both 2 jack out work, but only one mutes the internal speakers, the other doesn't mute, like before...

Of course I worked on original Ridgeline's AppleHDA recently modified by MrKrabs,

And don't forget to use Kabyl's HDAenabler

Enjoy

AppleHDA.kext for IDT 92HD73C1 Audio on Dell Studio laptops

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Nice, I'm trying it right now!

I would like to give a shot with the 10.5.6 update, could anyone guide me a little bit in what do I need to install/tweak before going in to the update? I used the Ideneb installer to get 10.5.5 and my Studio Specs are in my signature...

Do I need to download the Update or the Combo Update?

THank you all for your help!

Hi Vorguees, i did not test the update from Ideneb 10.5.5 bur i have good feedbacks from french users...

First you need to download the update from apple (the combo is only to update from older version than 10.5.5 i think), don't install it for the moment...

Use Trauma's installer to install PCefi V9 and to patch your Dsdt, once done reboot and see if it works.

You also have to back up your specific kext (ethernet, audio etc...) you will reinstall them after update...

Then you need to install AppleACPI2Nub.kext , Disabler.kext , AppleDecrypt.kext and SMBiosResolver.kext (link)

After that you can run the .dmg update from apple

Should work ;)

After that you can run the .dmg update from apple

Should work :rolleyes:

Thankyou so much Boombeng!

I'm back at the hospital and I will be using my laptop these days, I'll gather everything and give it a try this weekend.

I'll post my results then!

Thanks Again!

[update]

Couldn't wait for the weekend, I got my system updated and everything is Ok, Thank you so much for your Quick Guide Boombeng! You made everything so simple.

So even though the video card doesn't work are you still able to run OS X under a lower resolution?

Yeah in VESA mode (1024 x 768) Vesa, for example, it's the same with Windows if you uninstall graphics drivers.

But many applications need Open GL, so we can not use them for the moment... :D

Hey! Fan control works now on Studio Laptop with I8Kfan! So great, runing at the moment with Superhai's VoodooPower without any problem... :)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1037879

Install the kext, repair permissions, reboot, run the application and enjoy! You can change manually the fan speed or run them with Temperature auto control...