GeForce 200 series support

EGOvoruhk

638 posts in this topic

I don't know how similar the cards are, but I have my GTS 250 1024MB working 100% with QE and CI. No strings required, just a single kext. If anyone has a GTX 260 and would like to try out my NVinject.kext I'd be happy to upload it. I'm pretty sure the cards are completely different though aren't they?

Hey SkyFluff, I want to install OS X on my C2D / p45 machine and I've got 2 GTS 250s (used just for folding@home). Could you upload your GTS 250 driver? Also did you have to do anything special during install? I plan to use one of my Kalyway discs to install OS X.

It's been a while since I've installed OS X, so I'm prob gonna be a little rusty :(

Here is the GTS 250 Kext a few of you have been requesting. I've included the 512MB and 1024MB strings for the different card models. Hope it works for you guys. There's a read me file included for those who need help, and the disclaimer that pops up when you mount the DMG also includes the instructions.

GeForce GTS 250

EDIT: The download didn't work originally. It's working now.

GeForce GTX260 is a totally different GPU. It's based on the GT200-Chip unlike the GTS250 which is based on the G92b-Chip.

But there's hope for GTX-Series Support:

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/04/01/snow-l...boost-and-more/

... a Mac Pro bump to 3.2GHz with Quadro FX 5800

Quadro FX 5800 is based on the GTX285 and uses the GT200b-Chip. So in future versions of Mac OS X there will probably be GTX-Series-Support.

e1ement

On Page 1. There is another guy already posted pic of working GTX280 in SLi setup in Snow Leopard.

We already know 280 will work with Snow Leopard.

The Rumor doesn't say that GTX-Series will work with Snow Leopard. It says that Mac Pro will be upgradable to Quadro FX 5800 and this will probably happen before Snow Kitty is released. That means GTX-Series support in 10.5.x.

e1ement

My Geforce 260 GTX is fully working on beta builds of Snow Leopard, I hope there will be support in 10.5.8 and it will be released before Snow Leo ;)

By the way, I've heard that Snow Leopard will be released in summer.

My Geforce 260 GTX is fully working on beta builds of Snow Leopard, I hope there will be support in 10.5.8 and it will be released before Snow Leo :(

Late Q2 / Early Q3 allegedly. I'm pretty sure that's just a rumor, but I can't wait for it's release.

My Geforce 260 GTX is fully working on beta builds of Snow Leopard, I hope there will be support in 10.5.8 and it will be released before Snow Leo ;)

Did anyone try the XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final v.2?

I saw there is Ndarwin, Nvkush, Nvinject 768mb support option, does it fully suport the GTX 260 768mb?

edit: I just remembered I have 896mb :)((((( no luck again, and the xxx project is discontinued :D

Did anyone try the XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final v.2?

I saw there is Ndarwin, Nvkush, Nvinject 768mb support option, does it fully suport the GTX 260 768mb?

edit: I just remembered I have 896mb ^_^ ((((( no luck again, and the xxx project is discontinued :(

Just because Ndarwin, Nvkush and Nvinject supports a 768mb option doesn't mean it supports a GTX 260 768mb card.

Here is the GTS 250 Kext a few of you have been requesting. I've included the 512MB and 1024MB strings for the different card models. Hope it works for you guys. There's a read me file included for those who need help, and the disclaimer that pops up when you mount the DMG also includes the instructions.

GeForce GTS 250

EDIT: The download didn't work originally. It's working now.

[iDeneb 10.5.6] Zotac GTS 250 512MB - worked like a charm. thanx ^100000.

I would think that the final 10.5.7 will have support for GTX260/280 cards and is imminent, but if support is not there in the combo update, (as the later 10.5.7 installed on the Mac Pro build may be slightly newer) it should only be a case of getting the kexts from a new Mac Pro to gain support.

I would think that the final 10.5.7 will have support for GTX260/280 cards and is imminent, but if support is not there in the combo update, (as the later 10.5.7 installed on the Mac Pro build may be slightly newer) it should only be a case of getting the kexts from a new Mac Pro to gain support.

whats funny is i have been usuing my hackintosh since feb of 08 and i have been usuing a 8800GT OC and i totally didnt even think about it and sold it and bought a GTX 260 Core 216. Im supposed to get in the mail today and i wont be able to use it :-/. Only in winBLOWS.

is there like a certain site i can check to find when the drivers release?

I would think check back here under the Nvidia section, as soon as it's released and we get the 260/280/285 going all hell will break loose! As you can see from the similar device id's all cards should be supported, obviously the GTX 295 may suffer the same potential problems as 9800 GX2.

0x05E0, GeForce GTX 295

0x05E3, GeForce GTX 285

0x05E1, GeForce GTX 280

0x05E2, GeForce GTX 260

0x05FD, Quadro FX 5800

0x05FE, Quadro FX 4800

whats funny is i have been usuing my hackintosh since feb of 08 and i have been usuing a 8800GT OC and i totally didnt even think about it and sold it and bought a GTX 260 Core 216. Im supposed to get in the mail today and i wont be able to use it :-/. Only in winBLOWS.

is there like a certain site i can check to find when the drivers release?

Use IRC, search the forums for the channel and server etc... and join #natit and other rooms

btw i did the same thing had a 8800gt sold it bought a gtx285 so i'm waiting for my support as well...but IRC and netkas blog are where you wanna be at, at all times when expecting something.

but be patient these things take time

I would think check back here under the Nvidia section, as soon as it's released and we get the 260/280/285 going all hell will break loose! As you can see from the similar device id's all cards should be supported, obviously the GTX 295 may suffer the same potential problems as 9800 GX2.

0x05E0, GeForce GTX 295

0x05E3, GeForce GTX 285

0x05E1, GeForce GTX 280

0x05E2, GeForce GTX 260

0x05FD, Quadro FX 5800

0x05FE, Quadro FX 4800

Thanks aqua-mac i wasn't 100% sure if 285 was supported. saved me the suspense. I still have the option of selling it and getting 4870s and doing crossfire...decisions decisions...