[Guide & Software] A Recipe for Delicious Leopard Soup - Now with Vanilla Flavor!

weaksauce12

1,893 posts in this topic

Yeah, even though the F7 BIOS is aging, I've found it to be extremely stable. I hate the slow ACHI BIOS after POST, but I can live with it.

Agree, what the difference "10 second" make at each boot time? Nah!

I just up my extension folder.

For other folks, I actually did not create the "Cham" boot partition as Balckosx recommended. It's interfere with my win 7 dual boot on single hard drive.

Agree, what the difference "10 second" make at each boot time? Nah!

I just up my extension folder.

For other folks, I actually did not create the "Cham" boot partition as Balckosx recommended. It's interfere with my win 7 dual boot on single hard drive.

hmm so maybe i should go back. It does boot faster though...

Also why do you use strings if you have video in DSDT?

Yeah my DSDT takes care of all of those:

Sound: LegacyHDA.kext

Graphics: Inject GFX string.

Ethernet: works without psystar's kext

I still keep F7 bios. Since I had problem with O.C stability with F9. (Mine CPU could be OC'ed as high as 3.2 but very stable @ 3.0 with F7). Some folks on the other thread did Ok with F9. I can up my current "Extension" Folderfot you yo compare

P5_DS3L_Extra.zip

Yeah i use the same kext for sound. But other than that i only use 4 total kexts, same as blackosx, i will try yours in a few min.

Sound kext has been updated for 10.6.2, plz note

oh thanks :(, so yours is the updated one?

I still havent updated so

Edit:

Running F7 now, with my old dsdt, pretty stable and updated to 10.6.2. Using your HDA kext too.

Kexts im not using that you are:

AHCIportinjector (I think i did this in my dsdt)

evoreboot (im using openhaltrestart, is evo better)

NullCPUpowerManagement (Is this needed)

Sleepenabler (sleep works without it)

Kexts im not using that you are:

1. AHCIportinjector (I think i did this in my dsdt)

2. evoreboot (im using openhaltrestart, is evo better)

3. NullCPUpowerManagement (Is this needed)

4. Sleepenabler (sleep works without it)

Tell the truth, I just dumped all 4 kexts in there to be sure. 1&2 are probably not needed, I have SD memory card reader (1), (2) is just to stay away from psystar. I occasionally got KP's without #3 (I tried removed Apple IntelCPU***.kext already>> KP's). Without # 4 I could not get deep sleep, the fan still on.

Would you share your DSDT?

This is the one im using now based on F7. I went back to F7, and i think it is more stable and does overclock better. It has 896 Vram setup for generic dual dvi nvidia. Also added a few fixes.

I am using nullcpupowermanagement and my cpu temps dropped about 6C. (Awesome)

Also gonna try evoreboot, instead of openhaltrestart. Also added sleepenabler because after update to 10.6.2 sleep was kinda slow, but still worked.

dsdt.aml.zip

Sound kext has been updated for 10.6.2, plz note

The LegacyHDA has been updated? Because the original is still working on my rig with 10.6.2, fwiw.

This is the one im using now based on F7. I went back to F7, and i think it is more stable and does overclock better. It has 896 Vram setup for generic dual dvi nvidia. Also added a few fixes.

Also gonna try evoreboot, instead of openhaltrestart. Also added sleepenabler because after update to 10.6.2 sleep was kinda slow, but still worked.

Please let me know how EvoReboot works out for you, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet!

The LegacyHDA has been updated? Because the original is still working on my rig with 10.6.2, fwiw.

Please let me know how EvoReboot works out for you, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet!

The LegacyHDA info.plist has been edited as tmongkol's instruction. It's still work the way it was even though you may see SL whines with some error in the boot log.

EvoReboot: I don't see any difference from openhaltrestart.kext. But, same thing, no Psystar's signature on the boot log.

My Q6600 running at 3.0 Ghz. 45C loaded on air cooler. Before, with CooLit water cooler, I was able to run @3.2Ghz but it's so noisy.

Actually I wonder to try F9 bios with Slic 2.1 patched ( for win 7 ), but, heck, if it works don't fix it.

I have been having so many problems, rebooting one of them. Since updating to .2 and reverting to F7, snow is being nice now. I went to F9 because of problems...

So far restart is working great though. If it start acting up, ill let ya know

Well reporting back. It seems restart right after boot is fine. Though reboot after prolonged usage, acts up. Both with evo and openhalt. This is prob due to my setup, still working on getting more stable.

I also found that enabling write support (native) through fstab is highly unstable. Not only to the NTFS drive, but also to snow leopard its self. This could have been one of my biggest issues. I found my ntfs drives being corrupted by snow. Luckly upon boot windows 7 would scan disk and fix. After googling this issue i found many users, macs and hacks, reporting instability and corrupted drives.

I think i might stay away from writing to ntfs in mac. And just use a fat partition to share data.

Well reporting back. It seems restart right after boot is fine. Though reboot after prolonged usage, acts up. Both with evo and openhalt. This is prob due to my setup, still working on getting more stable.

I also found that enabling write support (native) through fstab is highly unstable. Not only to the NTFS drive, but also to snow leopard its self. This could have been one of my biggest issues. I found my ntfs drives being corrupted by snow. Luckly upon boot windows 7 would scan disk and fix. After googling this issue i found many users, macs and hacks, reporting instability and corrupted drives.

I think i might stay away from writing to ntfs in mac. And just use a fat partition to share data.

May be stuffs that you added to your system that make it unstable. I keep mine as simple as it can be.

I had the same problem with fstab. Worse, I lost the whole partition full of data ( mostly backed up ). I go a lot of beach balls in SL then ntfs partition corrupted.

May be stuffs that you added to your system that make it unstable. I keep mine as simple as it can be.

I had the same problem with fstab. Worse, I lost the whole partition full of data ( mostly backed up ). I go a lot of beach balls in SL then ntfs partition corrupted.

yeah i havent had crash since undoing ntfs write.

Is macfuse/ntfs 3g stable in snow?

Yes, so far. You may need macfuse 64 bit version if you boot into 64 bit kernel

I may try it, or just leave the NTFS drives alone. Anyways, since undoing the fstab edit to enable write on ntfs drives. I have been 10000% times more stable.

evoreboot seems to work better as well.

Anyone figure out how to get auto sleep to work. Sleep after a time.

I have encountered numerous problems during the installation:

The installer would not make the hard disk I had copied the installer DVD bootable, so I followed the guide on how to hack it on the terminal. This way, I could install SL, but my normal HD was not bootable. I restarted with the installer HD, installed the Chameleon bootloader and copied the files from the extras folder to my Library, which got me to the point where Chameleon starts. When I let it go, OS X crashes before being loaded. When I press a key for advanced startup options, Chameleon hangs.

Anyone encountered problems like these and has an idea on what I could do else than reinstalling 10.5?

Hey guys, I'm having some issues pop up on my UD3P running 10.5.7, and would love your input as to what my problem might be!

Been running fine for a while, but recently I've been having all kinds of crashes. I've had shutdown problems since day one (occasional hanging at shutdown), but that was really no bother. Now a lot of my programs crash or hang for no particular reason.

Like for example, I'll have open iTunes, iCal, Mail, and Final Draft (screenwriting software). I tried to save my Final Draft doc, but the program crashed. Then Finder crashed. I couldn't force quite either (relaunching Finder blanked out the desktop, and the icons didn't return. So I had to do a hard shutdown/restart. The reboot went through all the startup/Darwin screens, then froze on a blank blue screen. Stuff like that has been happening lately. With random low-power programs crashing.

I know I probably haven't provided all the info needed to help fix, but I was wondering what info I need (from logs or something, or about my current configuration) that will help get to the root of the problem. Like what questions do I need to ask myself to make any progress on the issues?

Would love some help if anyone has an idea! Thanks!

So is the 10.6 guide for the ga-p35-ds3l ever coming out or is it just a lost cause at this point?

Not a lost cause, just been super busy. I meant to release on Halloween, but ran into a few technical problems. Stella's been the master assembler on the installer, which is the heart of the kit, so many thanks to him again for his help in actually getting it to work so that I can guide things up ;) Also plodding my way through DSDT right now. For reference, blackosx put up a killer DSDT guide over here: (for the EP45, but great general knowledge)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=177497

Hey guys, I'm having some issues pop up on my UD3P running 10.5.7, and would love your input as to what my problem might be!

Been running fine for a while, but recently I've been having all kinds of crashes. I've had shutdown problems since day one (occasional hanging at shutdown), but that was really no bother. Now a lot of my programs crash or hang for no particular reason.

Like for example, I'll have open iTunes, iCal, Mail, and Final Draft (screenwriting software). I tried to save my Final Draft doc, but the program crashed. Then Finder crashed. I couldn't force quite either (relaunching Finder blanked out the desktop, and the icons didn't return. So I had to do a hard shutdown/restart. The reboot went through all the startup/Darwin screens, then froze on a blank blue screen. Stuff like that has been happening lately. With random low-power programs crashing.

I know I probably haven't provided all the info needed to help fix, but I was wondering what info I need (from logs or something, or about my current configuration) that will help get to the root of the problem. Like what questions do I need to ask myself to make any progress on the issues?

Would love some help if anyone has an idea! Thanks!

1. Have you run Memtest on your rig?

2. Check your HDD SMART Status in Disk Utility - any red?

3. Installed anything new, hardware or software-wise lately?

I may try it, or just leave the NTFS drives alone. Anyways, since undoing the fstab edit to enable write on ntfs drives. I have been 10000% times more stable.

evoreboot seems to work better as well.

Anyone figure out how to get auto sleep to work. Sleep after a time.

I can also say that Paragon NTFS works great. It's on sale for $19.99:

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/

fwiw, I got faster read/write speeds & better stability with Paragon than with MacFUSE in the past.

Not a lost cause, just been super busy. I meant to release on Halloween, but ran into a few technical problems. Stella's been the master assembler on the installer, which is the heart of the kit, so many thanks to him again for his help in actually getting it to work so that I can guide things up :( Also plodding my way through DSDT right now. For reference, blackosx put up a killer DSDT guide over here: (for the EP45, but great general knowledge)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=177497

Weaksauce, first off, thanks for your dedication. We all really appreciate it.

Concerning the ds3l, when can we expect a release for that?

I installed 10.6.1 using blackosx's guide for the ep45 and using your kexts. everything worked great until i tried installing windows 7 and for some reason my whole install went to {censored}.

Anyway, I want to make a new install using your method cause I know it worked for me before and never had any major problems.

Thanks again.