ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hmmm, now I know someone will probably try to kill me :) but is there any

chance to make a ATI Radeon HD2400PRO PCI work with these drivers? Yes, yes,

it's a PCI local bus VGA card. Without the PCI VGA card MacOs boots fine and works fine.

Here is a link for the card's specs http://www.powercolor.com/Global/products_...?ProductID=1715

Here is my config for running MacOS X :

Intel D945GCLF2, 2GB DDR2-800 Kingsto CL6, 160GB WD Scorpio blue, DVD±RW

LiteOn and a PowerColor ATi Radeon HD2400 PRO 256MB PCI

TIA, RaVeN_1

My config Motherboard ASUS K8V

AMD 3600+ Mem.1,5Go

CG Sapphire HD 3650 AGP 512Mo

OS on differents HD

Mac OsX 10.5.6 - Xp SP3 - Vista IE

I've read all the topic and tried all kext's given for my CG but no QE/CI.Does someone have the same CG working on AMD System?

No! Stop asking! It's never going to happen, most likely! Unless Apple start to support the 3xxx series mobility graphics cards, which they won't because they have been outdated, we will never get support.. Or at the minimum, maybe in a years time or longer. So stop asking! Use the search button, read the countless threads!

No! Stop asking! It's never going to happen, most likely! Unless Apple start to support the 3xxx series mobility graphics cards, which they won't because they have been outdated, we will never get support.. Or at the minimum, maybe in a years time or longer. So stop asking! Use the search button, read the countless threads!

You must mean the 5 threads when you type in "ati radeon mobility 3410" when you say countless. Of the 5, one is mine, two aren't in English, and the others refer to the number 3410 and ati radeon.

It's because of this lack of information, I posted it in the first place. You need to stop hunting down people and screaming at them for not know the ATI mobility information. You have spent half of you posts doing that man...get a life.

Now, if anyone hears of this info coming out, let me know. Apparently I'm not the only one waiting for the mobility support.

Ohai

I need feedback on this installer for 2400,3850,3650 and 3870x2 users

Download

Ok this works perfectly for me under 10.5.2, 10.5.3, and 10.5.4

Then I installed iPC 10.5.6 and that no longer worked for me so I tried those new ones in the post and they just give me a no signal for the monitor after the os is loaded.

Was just wondering if I was supposed to do something before or after installing the newer ones.

And the card I am using is the HD 2400 Pro pcie (94c3)

hey lastExile i have a toshiba laptop with a hd2600 mobility, im guessing the connectors are the same as the toshiba laptops with 3650s?

Can you redo the 3650 kext you posted for 2600 so i can try it, theres a few more 2600 toshiba users in the forum who are looking for a driver aswell.

thanks

I have a Asus P5K-Premium WIFI-AP with 8GB RAM and an Club 3D ATI3650 512MB PCI-E card (DeviceID 9598).

I get this screen:

monw6rd.jpg:):blink:

With this driver: ATI x2000 source version 53410 plus natit for HD3650.pkg.zip it works "normal", only that it changes after every start the monitor settings (resolutions). So i have always the 1920x1200 res. from my 22" on my 19" and the 1280 on the 22". And changing the cables not works. Thats realy confusing. :(

Is it possible to use this card with 2 monitors or should I buy another grafixcard, if yes wich? Or a second 3650?

I have a Asus P5K-Premium WIFI-AP with 8GB RAM and an Club 3D ATI3650 512MB PCI-E card (DeviceID 9598).

I get this screen:

monw6rd.jpg:dev::(

With this driver: ATI x2000 source version 53410 plus natit for HD3650.pkg.zip it works "normal", only that it changes after every start the monitor settings (resolutions). So i have always the 1920x1200 res. from my 22" on my 19" and the 1280 on the 22". And changing the cables not works. Thats realy confusing. :(

Is it possible to use this card with 2 monitors or should I buy another grafixcard, if yes wich? Or a second 3650?

Hi guys,

This is my first post ;)

I had a perfectly running 1.5.2 in my machine but needed update for Iworks and Ilife. Now I got 1.5.7 and everything else is good except for my displays.

I got 2 of these

ATI Radeon HD 3600:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 3600

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x1

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9598

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

BenQT221W:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

I can only use my dvi monitor as the dvi-vga does not work. Also I use to get out 2500.. something out instead of only 1680x1050 which it is giving now.

Btw the displays I have are BenQ T221W (dvi) and 2xBenQ 24".

what update i need to run.. anyone?

and already thanks for this forum... its great.. so happy i found it!

I have a Dell XPS 16 with an ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 3670. I installed all the X2000 kexts that are in the zip file along with the natit kext as mentioned above in this thread and i got the same screen as neko3c. What is the solution or what did i do wrong? If anyone knows, please help.... Thank you in advance

I just installed an AGP ati HD 2400 pro 512MB and I did a clean install of ideneb 1.5.1.

I am able to raise the resolution to the desired setting but the system sort of lagsand QE is not enabled.

also system profiler reads the card as a Radeon HD 2400XT

I remember on my commuter when I installed the nvidia 6600 none of the injectors ever worked so I used an efi string in the universal installer. but the Universal installer doesn't offer one for the 512MB version of the Radeon HD 2400 pro and when I use the 256 version I boot to a blue screen.

Hey, i've been meaning to mention this for some time... i have a HD 2600 pro pci-e; lastExile's driver alone has some issues with my card on any of the 10.5.5+ versions; it does enable ci/qe, but displays some horizontal lines that in a few minutes from boot degrade into blurry oblique (*scaled*) display. To fix this, i also use a natit.kext in Extra folder and that solves it all (no issues whatsoever). The natit is the one included in the IH package by STLVNUB. Natit alone without install package provides resolution change without ci/qe.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have:

Toshiba Satellite A200-1OR

CPU: Core 2 Duo 1.5Ghz

MEM: 2GB DDR2

VGA: ATI RADEON 2400 HD PCIe version (ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x94c9 from System Profiler)

I've installed iATKOS v7 and everything was neat except the fact that the main display was starting on the external VGA connection rather the internal laptop display.

I have tried to change the driver to a more updated one and I came up on this forum at this post and installed the driver in your release lastExile. This was great because I could finally disconnect a huge display from my VGA connector and start using the laptop as a laptop ;).

Now the problem is that I have NO resolution change support in the system preferences, no QE and CI is software rendered. Here's the paste from System Profiler regarding the VGA CARD:

-------------------------------------------------

ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2400

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x94c9

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

-------------------------------------------------

I don't know why it thinks is an ATI RADEON 2400XT because this is a HD card and I also don't know if the card is RADEON HD or MOBILITY RADEON HD because system profiler is all messed up by the last driver I've installed.

The real fact is that I would really much like to continue using this system and test drivers and installers here with you, I would just like to know how can I change my resolution for now. If QE and CI are not supported right now it's fine by me. I just want to keep going with this system. You really have NO IDEEA how much I've waited for an OSX86 release that actually boots up and WORKS and I don't need to install it 20 times to realize it's not gonna work. And trust me, I have many many computers on my hand ranging from MSI WIND U100 to Xeon S5000 servers :)

Thanks in advance for all your hard work, dedication and whit in doing this.

PS: Yes i've edited the ATIRadeonX2000.kext/Contents/Info.plist and inserted my card BusID, also tried natit and other methods to make the laptop screen lit insted of the external VGA connector.

PS2: THIS SYSTEM REALLY WORKS (besides my problem), it's the greatest release of OSX I've seen and tested (and I've tested ALL there is including the vmware versions :))

LE: I've installed the second package provided by lastExile in a previous post and now the laptop is totally down. No display on any connection is available, internal LCD or external VGA both dead.

Is there a safe mode to OSX graphics ? I've tried -v -x and still tried to get graphic with me but on no connection and both screens are blank.

I've reinstalled the system and rm -rf ATI* in /Library/Extensions. I'll be here using VESA on my iATKOS system, waiting for lastExile to develop a proper driver for ATI MOBILITY RADEON 2400HD.

lastExile please please let me be the tester if you get on to mobility radeon.

Thanks a bundle for all you do!